Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Journey 01/01/2022 to 03/31/2022






05/21/2022.  I
05/20/2022.  I
05/19/2022.  I
05/18/2022.  I
05/17/2022.  I
05/16/2022.  I hiked with my friends at Rancho San Antonio (steps =18.1K, 8.6 miles).  We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s,   I banked & shopped at TJ’s.  I watered the phalaeonopsis, weeded outside, and tried to get the stains out of the pavers (didn’t succeed).   I washed clothes and downloaded all the pics from our anniversary party πŸ‘°πŸ»‍♀️🀡🏻‍♂️πŸ₯‚πŸΎ.  
05/15/2022.  I texted my neighbor & sure enough their Comcast is completely down too.   It all came back up around 11 am.   I helped count ballots for the top 10 callers.  There were 6 of us and everything was double checked very carefully.  I FT’d with my sister and froze the remainder of the 2 cakes πŸŽ‚.   Of course, I ate the remaining 2 roses πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹.  I updated the FF web site.  
05/14/2022.  It’s party day πŸ‘°πŸ»‍♀️🀡🏻‍♂️πŸ₯‚πŸΎ!   The husband set out all the tables & chairs.   We had a wonderful time & the group was small enough that we could spend time visiting.  At the end of the day, we were both exhausted πŸ₯±!  Then, our internet, phone, and TV failed.  I spent hours on the phone πŸ“ž & chatting with Comcast to no avail 😫😫😫😀!

05/13/2022.  The husband took me for a lovely hike in the hills today (8.7K steps, 3.8 miles.  I picked up the cakes at Costco and some adult food for the kitties at Petco.  I updated the FF web site for June.
05/12/2022.  I watered all the plants.   The cleaning folks came today and the house looks great.  I did a bit of gardening & washed & dried the throw  rugs & cleaning rags.  The husband and I watch another Skinwalker Ranch episode.  I FT'd with my sister.  She attended an Eric Church concert and said it was fabulous!
05/11/2022.  We had a Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in-law.  I had a nice shower πŸšΏπŸ§Ό and attended club.  It was great fun!  
05/10/2022.  Happy 25th wedding anniversary to us πŸ€΅‍♂️πŸ‘°‍♀️🍾πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!  We had a nice day:  we exchanged cards, had a hike in the hills (steps = 8.3K), and got Randy a burrito at his favorite place!  I watched our wedding video.   Later  we watched Skinwalker Ranch, always interesting.   I updated the FF web site.
05/09/2022.  I hiked with the group at Ranch San Antonio:  steps = 15.8K, miles = 6.9.  I shopped at Rite-Aid and TJ's.   Then then the husband and I shopped at Costco's to order our cakes for Saturday.   I created & posted posted our anniversary picture & updated the FF web site.
Mother goat at Rancho

05/08/2022.  Happy Mother's Day.  I miss my Mom πŸ˜’ today .  I sent out "Happy Mother's Day texts to quite a few family members and friends.  I watered all the inside plants, including the phaeleonopsis, fertilized the orange tree, trimmed the bird of paradise plants, and dug out the cherry tree sprouts.  I washed two loads of clothes.  
05/07/2022.  I saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ today, bought party supplies at Diddams, & shopped at TJ’s.  I made a Mother’s Day card for my Mom.  I confirmed that the mortgage has been paid!
05/06/2022.  I updated the FF web site.  
05/05/2022.  I went to the bank 🏦 & paid off my mortgage.   I also sent out the rest of the invitations for our 25th mini wedding anniversary celebration 🍾.   My wonderful gardener moved one gardenia plant and planted a new one.  Eating habits = πŸ™.
05/04/2022.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood.   We collected some “valuables” from a discard bag that was out on the street (steps = 5.2K).  I studied the Plus calls & attended Club. Eating habits = πŸ™‚!
05/03/2022.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 5.2K).  I saw my wonderful dentist 🦷πŸͺ₯ for a cleaning. He’s always interested in my latest hiking adventure.  I also shopped at TJ’s & whitened my teeth 🦷.   I studied the Plus calls & danced at ECR tonight.   It was so great to see all my friends there ❤️! Eating habits = πŸ™‚!
05/02/2022.  I hiked with my friends at Wunderlich In Woodside (steps = 16.2k, 6 miles).  We had coffee at the Red Berry Coffee Bar in Los Altos.  I drove to Woodside, so I had all my hiking buddies as a captive audience and had them tour the yard!   In Los Altos, I stopped at the Italian delicatessen and brought the husband home a “Godfather” sandwich πŸ₯ͺ.    He liked that a lot!  I updated the FF web site.
05/01/2022.  Happy May 1st!  I watered the indoor plants, had a nice shower 🚿🧼, & washed clothes.   I FT’d with my sister, & updated the FF web site.  I studied the Plus calls but did not attend Quads;  I found a bump on my leg that frightened me, thinking it was a tick bite.   The husband doesn’t think so.  Eating habits today = πŸ™‚!
04/30/2022.  The husband & I walked over to our friends’ house to return his 1,000 piece puzzle 🧩.   We had a nice visit (steps = 4.5K).   I updated the FF web site with a new picture requested by one of our bands & watered the phalaeonopsis.  I updated the 3 flyers for Caper Cutters.  My plans to change my eating habits didn’t progress today 😒!
04/29/2022.  I geo-cached with my partner today at Rhus Ridge Road (6.3 miles, 14.4Ksteps), a tough climb to the top.  We found only one geo cache, that was the solution to a puzzle from our last hike at Rhus Ridge.   I was disappointed πŸ˜” that we didn’t find more.  I also prepared 3 flyers for Caper Cutters, a square dance club in San Francisco.
04/28/2022.  I ran multiple errands today & had a doctor's appointment:  shopped at Wal-mart, saw my  WONDERFUL Dr. Vaughan πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—, filled up gas at Costo, shopped at Costco, and attended Interlocked to collect more TopTen Caller votes.  I updated the TopTen caller spreadsheet in advance of my attendance.  Without walking anywhere special, I logged 5.1K steps (2.4 miles).  

Roses from our garden







Philadelphus Mock Orange, very fragrant!


04/27/2022.  I studied the Plus calls and attended dance and I danced well.  I also helped our club president to track down a contact he needed.
04/26/2022.  Our wonderful cleaners came today, a few hours early.  Fortunately, we were ready. I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 &  the house looks great!   I washed the rags & throw rugs & another load of clothes.  The tomato πŸ… plants are looking fine also!
Delicious Tofu chili for dinner πŸ˜‹

04/25/2022.  I met my friends for a walk at Rancho San Antonio (steps - 15.3K, 8.31 miles).  It was a beautiful day.  Afterwards, we had coffee at Peet's and I shopped at TJ's.  I watered all the inside plants and planted my 18 tomato πŸ… plants πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰.  I'd been postponing this for a while so it was great to get it done.  I washed my overalls & did a minor update to the FF website

Poppies at Rancho


        These baby lambs were bleating; we have no idea why!

"Wedding" rose in our garden (this was blooming during our wedding on May 10th)

Proof!

  
04/24/2022.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.3K, 3.2 miles with dancing).  I repotted two phaeleonopsis, and I’m not sure either one with revive!  I washed some new articles that I ordered.  

Roses in the 'hood











04/23/2022.  I took myself for a walk in the hills (steps = 9.7K, 4.2 miles) & said all my prayers.  I stopped by to say hello to my 91 year old friend & he’s India visiting his brother until June!  I wish him many blessings.  I said my prayers πŸ™, then the husband & I shopped at Costco.  I bought a large gardenia for our garden.  I FT’d with my sister & cooked some artichokes for dinner.

Views from the hills




Flowers in the hills
 




Our azaela



04/22/2022.  The Pacific Access Elevator repair person came to inspect our elevation.  He said it looks brand new: no adjustment of any kind needed!  The husband and I drove to Los Altos vet to pick up Cassie's meds and then we shopped at TJ's.  I did a tiny bit of gardening, cutting the growth around the fig trees and the redwood tree.
04/21/2022. The husband & I did an errand & shopped at Costco.  I updated the FF web site.
04/20/2022.  We talked to our sister / sister-in-law, I had a shower 🚿🧼, studied the Plus calls & danced at club.   It was great fun!

"Wedding bouquet" roses


Scented geraniums & strawberry plant







1,000 piece crossword puzzle worked by the husband in 2 days!

Pebbles bathing Cassie


Pebbles bathing Cassie













Cassie bathing Pebbles


04/19/2022.  I took my van in for an inspection:  result:  it appears to be brand new!  I talked to my sister and conducted some business.
04/18/2022.  I hiked with my friends at Rancho San Antonio (steps =14.9K, over 6 miles).    We had coffee at Peets and I shopped at TJ’s.   I made a lot of  phone calls to arrange appointments and washed clothesπŸ‘šπŸ‘–. 

Gopher

Baby goat






Wild turkey with tail feathers unfurled

Climbing rose from our garden


04/17/2022.  We scurried around to clean up a bit.  Our guests arrived and I picked up the meal from Chef Chu's, so good πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹.  For dessert we had carrot cake from Draeger's, just delicious.  I had 3 pieces!

The niece's bunny cake, a tradition!
Draegar's carrot cake

    


The husband took me for a lovely walk around the 'hood (steps = 7.2K).  I also said my prayers πŸ™.


















Our Kangaroo paws

Our Azalea
Our Azalea


04/16/2022.  I had a nice shower  πŸ§ΌπŸšΏ & saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️!  I FT’d with my sister.   She’s hosting Easter 🐣 at her house tomorrow,  I cooked the two artichokes and ate one; it was delicious πŸ˜‹!  I sent our our Easter / Passover / Springtime 🐰🐣🌷greetings. I ordered our meals for tomorrow from Chef Chu’s for pickup at 12:15.  Just after midnight, my "no desserts during Lent" ended and I ate 3/4 of the can of frosting purchased just for this occasion!

Fruit and quince blossoms from our yard


Quince

 






Orange blossoms


















04/15/2022.  I FT’d with my sister & decided to get carrot πŸ₯• cake for dessert 🍰for Easter.  The husband & I did some financial transactions that required visiting two banks 🏦.    The husband took me over to Draegar’s Market to select the carrot cake.   It looks delicious πŸ˜‹ !
04/14/2022.  My friend took me out to a wonderful lunch at Hobbes πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!   The husband took me to DeMartini’s so I could buy artichokes;  I also bought half a papaya to prepare for our Hawaii 🏝🐬🐠πŸͺΈπŸ³  visit!  The husband  took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 8.3K) & I said my prayers πŸ™.  I worked a financial issue.
04/13/2022.  The husband & I shopped at Costco and then had a Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in-law.   I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼, studied the Plus calls & attended class.  I danced well πŸ‘.
04/12/2022.  I had 3 doctor’s appointments & tests today πŸ€ͺ!   My bone density test shows an improvement and my wonderful doctor πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️ still wants me to do 2 more reclast infusions.  I also had a wart frozen off.   I updated the FF web site and washed clothes.  The husband made tofu chili too πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!
The Stanford campus








04/11/2022.  I hiked with my friends at Rancho San Antonio and we got lost (steps =  18.3K, miles = 8.1!).   It misted the entire way & I fell on the trail (no injuries πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™).  I shopped at TJ’s and then the cleaners came.   The house looks great.  The husband made delicious πŸ˜‹tofu chili for dinner!




04/10/2022 .  I FT’d with my sister, had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and studied the Plus calls.   I attended Quads, great fun, even though it wasn’t my best dancing.  I watered the phaeleonopsis and all the indoor plants.

Cassie & Pebbles snuggled up on a chair




04/09/2022.  My wonderful cousin drove all the way from Vacaville to visit me.   I gave her a tour of the yard and then we had lunch at Hobbes πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!  Afterwards, I went to Sunnyvale to get cat food, & shopped at the Safeway next to Petco.


Hobees, notice the plate of butter for me, all of which I ate!





04/08/2022.  Happy birthday to me πŸŽπŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠ! I had a great day today.  My partner and I geo-cached in Los Altos hills and found 3 geo-caches (steps = 8.9K).  Then he bought frozen yogurt for me & I brought one home for the husband.  I received lots of FB birthday wishes & texts.  My niece sent me a movie with everyone singing happy birthday to me, including Tazzy πŸΆ!  I shopped for tomato plants at Ace Hardware and Summerwinds Nursery and brought home a lot of plants. My friend visited me and will take me to lunch for my birthday!   I received many great birthday cards and a birthday gift πŸŽ!
Geocache # 1, hidden inside a bone!   Worse, the bone was nestled in a site full of poison ☠️ oak!
 

Poison oak surrounds the geo-cache, yikes!





Geocache # 3, Geocache # 2 was muggled (we found the hook with no geocache attached.




Interesting looking log



Wildflowers



Monkey pod wildflowers




Los Altos quarry and lake

04/07/2022.  I cleaned up to get ready for the cleaners.  We Zoomed with our sister / sister-in-law. Unfortunately, the cleaners cancelled πŸ˜’ because their car broke down.   I updated the FF web site, a major update.  I did a lot of financial transactions and paid all the property tax bills.
04/06/2022.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 11.5K, with dancing).   I had a shower 🚿🧼, studied the Plus calls, and attended class.   We  finally got the right paperwork signed for taxes.   
Flowers in the 'hood



Pebbles

Cassie
  \



















04/05/2022.  Happy Birthday to my friend.  I shopped at TJ's, visited my friend and toured her lovely garden.  I washed clothes and watered my indoor plants.
My friend's wisteria, very fragrant


My friend's cherry tree





Garden in the 'hood full of amazing tulips




 







Beautiful California poppies in the same 'hood





Dinner

04/04/2022.  The husband had his procedure today & it all went well.  Afterwards, we went to "In 'N Out" burger to have a chocolate milkshake & French fries  πŸŸ to celebrate.  While I was at the medical facility I tested the Zoom ability for my meeting next Tuesday  It worked just fine.

Madrone tree blooms

Pebbles sleeping


04/03/2022.  I had a lovely final hike up in El Dorado Hills (steps = 13.5K).  I packed and drove home, stopping for gas ⛽ at Costco in Fremont.  When I got home, I did some paperwork and sent it off.  I also watered my phaeleonopsis.  I updated the FF web site with a new poster and changed the logo.

These are the Mother and Father geese and their 6 goslings that my brother-in-law escorted to safety yesterday.



Final views of Folsom Lake


Wildflowers

Dad's Clivia in beautiful bloom

\


\
04/02/2022. My brother-in-law walked this morning and he and another woman escorted a Mother & Father goose and six goslings across a very busy road. The drivers that they stopped honked their horns and gave them a thumbs up πŸ‘. They will grow up in the large ponds there. 
I attended the service for my dear cousin.  It was absolutely beautiful and over 100 people attended.  He was so loved.  His son, my second cousin hosted all the people at his house at a wonderful reception.  Due to COVID I did not attend.
04/01/2022.  Happy April Fools' Day πŸƒ!  I sent my family a text saying that the Hawaii trip was cancelled; it had a lot of  them going for quite a while 🀣🀣🀣.  My brother-in-law took me for a wonderful hike and I continued up the hill (steps = 11.4K).
My youngest nephew came over to visit and my sister made sandwiches and a salad.  We had a lovely visit and discussed bit chain technology.  My nephew, nephew-in-law, and Tazzy also came over to visit.

I risked possible encounters with rattlesnakes to take these pictures .... couldn't resist!





Roses from my sister's garden




03/31/2022.  My brother-in-law took me for a wonderful walk to the ponds then I veered off and hiked the mountain (steps = 13.7K).  Unfortunately, I had a "to go" emergency that made the hike uncomfortable;  thankfully, I made it to her house on time πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘!  I said all my prayers πŸ™ on the hike.
Afterwards, I shopped at Costco and got my car washed at the Quick Quack car wash.  I love that car wash so much!
In the evening, my sister and I visited our three cousins who lost their Dad, my special cousin.  I gave them each an angel and they liked it a lot. The one cousin gave us a tour of his beautiful new home.   I told them that due to COVID I would not be attending the reception at their home.

Rose bush in my sister's 'hood



View of Folsom dam from the top of the hill



Duck drawn on my car at Quick Quack car wash πŸ˜ƒ! 


03/30/2022.  My niece and Tazzy took me for a walk in the hills (steps = 11.4K).  Then I took my great niece shopping for shoes.  We found some for her.  My sister & I watched a movie.

03/29/2022.  I packed and left for El Dorado Hills.  Traffic was very light.  My sister and I took my great nephew to soccer practice.
03/28/2022.  I was depressed all day & in the evening I figured out why.   Yesterday I talked to my nephew about his thoughts with the home he just purchased.   I shared the experienced I had when I purchased my homes, and they were very sad times for me.   I FT’d with my sister.
We had wonderful rain 🌧 today & the husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps =6K).   We all walked down to a historical home that very sadly burned down.   It is completely unsalvageable 😒.   I finished the angels for my cousins, watered all the indoor plants, & researched microwave ovens.  I watered all the indoor plants.

Flowers in the 'hood




Angels for my cousins

03/27/2022.  I had a lovely shower 🚿 🧼, washed clothes, studied the Plus calls and  attended Quads, great fun!
03/26/2022.  I attended the SCVSDA meeting 5 hours 😩😩😩!  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood.   I FT’d with my sister, made three angels, and watered the phaeleonopsis.   I talked to my nephew about selling the home he recently purchased.  
03/25/2022.  The husband took me geocaching πŸ˜… at Costco in Redwood City.  I filled up my van with gas  ⛽️ at $5.60 per gallon or $86 ☹️!   Then I visited my friend.   I updated the FF web site and wrote my reports for the SCVSDA meeting.


03/24/2022.  The husband took me for a long walk around the ’hood (steps = 6K).  Mostly I was bored today.   Then my geocaching partner cancelled because he is still sore from his Wednesday hike.  I updated the FF web site.  
Flowers in the 'hood




Cherry tree blossoms



Dad's orange tree "Carnival"


03/23/2022.  I updated the FF web site.  We had a Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in-law.   I studied the Plus calls at danced at club.   I also collected more votes for the “Top Ten” callers.




Azalea in bloom

Cassie & Pebbles Napping





03/22/2022.  Well, today was full of unexpected surprises.   At 10:30 am, the cleaners asked to come over at 2:00 pm. We scurried to get everything ready & I had a shower 🚿🧼.   The house looks great.  Jose Jr replaced the broken spotlight that shines on one of our water features and the husband & I both got our smog checks completed ✔️.  I washed the throw rugs & rags used by the cleaners.
03/21/2022.  We had a wonderful hike today at Quarry Park in Saratoga (steps = 13.5K, 5.2 miles). Then we had coffee at the Big Basin Cafe in downtown Saratoga. The husband and I shopped at TJ's.




Vineyards

Heart ❤️ shaped tree stump
Madrone tree, great bark

Wildflowers



Interesting history


03/20/2022.  I washed clothes and studied the Plus calls.  I attended Quads, great fun!
03/19/2022.  I had a nice shower πŸ§ΌπŸšΏ and visited my wonderful hairdresser.  The husband had an appointment with her later in the afternoon.  I watered all the plants and continued to work on my e-mail clean-up.  I finally succeeded, yet I still don't understand how it happened.
03/18/2022.  I slept a lot today; I processed boxes in my crafts room and washed my two new sweatshirts.  I was way behind in posting pictures to this blog so I undertook that task.  I e-mail the pics to myself then from Outlook, save them to the correct folder.  For some still unknown reason, Outlook decided to delete more of my "All Mail" box.  When I realized what was happening, I exited Outlook and rebooted.  Then from Gmail, I moved all the deleted items into my "Inbox".
It took me a day and a half to get my e-mail cleaned up again, very painful.
Dinner
Phaeleonopsis in bloom



















03/17/2022.  Happy St. Patrick’s Day πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€!  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.9K).  He made us tofu chili 🌢 πŸ˜‹, my favorite tofu dish.   I went to the Interlocked Squares dance club to distribute & collect the “Top 10 Callers” ballots there.    I completely finished ✔️ collecting this club’ ballots.
03/16/2022.  We had our meeting with our CPA and then had a Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in-law.   I had a lovely shower 🚿🧼, studied the Plus calls, and attended club.  At club, I announced the “Top 10 Callers’” balloting and distributed  & collected 15 ballots.  I talked to my sister several times.
                                                           


03/15/2022.  I visited my friend who had knee replacement surgery.   She is doing very well.   Afterwards, I stopped at another friends house to pick up 2 “Top 10 Caller” packages.   My friend also gave me a tour of her fabulous garden. 
03/14/2022.  I had a wonderful hike with our hiking group (steps = 13.5K, 5 miles at Rancho San Antonio.  Then we had coffee at Peets.  I did some banking and shopped (again) at Trader Joes.  The husband made wonderful chili with tofu for dinner.  I updated the FF I website.  I found out that one of my favorite cousins passed away today;  it was expected, yet still so sad 😭.


03/13/2022.  I watered all the inside plants and shopped at TJ's.  I washed clothes, finished our taxes, and scanned everything in πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ!  I updated the FF web site.
03/12/2022.  I worked on taxes, repotted one of my phalaenopsis and watered them.  My  sister; my niece, great niece and  joined a lot of other cousins in making viscuit.   I FT’d with my sister so she could brief me on the viscuit-making adventure.  They had a great time & drank lots of margaritas & home made Mescolanza, an Italian liqueur!  The husband attended the Palo Alto book sale and came home with lots of treasures!   I updated the FF web site.
03/11/2022.  I geocached with my partner on Rhus Ridge Road,    We were not able to find a parking spot near the trailhead so we parked in a near by neighborhood and hiked in (steps = 14.6K, over 6 miles)!  We found 3 geocaches.   I picked up Cassie’s meds and the husband & I shopped at Pet Food Express to get their chewies into which I infuse the medicine.   That worked well for Pebbles.  I worked on taxes & reviewed business with my sister.  I updated the FF web site. 

Geocache # 1 in the parking lot!


Geocache # 2, tricky and well hidden in a tree cavity


Geocache # 3, Johnny Appleseed, stick in a tree cavity

There was a puzzle here at the Mary Davey Memorial site.  We were unable to solve it at the time, but solved it afterwards.   Time for another hike there!
















Wildflowers

Views along Rhus Ridge Road





03/10/2022.  The husband and I had a Zoom call with our sister / sister-in-law. The husband took me for a nice hike around the hood and the gardeners fixed my chewed on sprinkler lines.  I updated the FF web site.  I also helped my sister search for some vans for us.  I worked on taxes.
03/09/2022.  I called Hawaiian Air again and they said our business select seats were not paid for, so I paid for those.  Then, I looked on-line again and the web site indicated that I had a $200 seat credit πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ.  I made alternate reservations with Southwest Airlines, a direct flight to Kuaui.  I washed clothes, had a nice shower  πŸšΏπŸ§Ό.  I attended club and learned that we had 22 students at our first square dance class  πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸŽ‰.  After class, I again phoned Hawaiian Airlines to cancel my reservations.   They did not know how to e-mail me a confirmation mail; however, I did get confirmation numbers πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ.  It remains to be seen if the money will be returned.
03/08/2022.  I watered the indoor plants.  I spent 3 hours on the phone with Hawaiian Air to try to get reservations.  I finally succeeded.  I don't know what's happened to their customer service.  Then I helped my sister who has to make reservations for 8 people!
03/07/2022.  I had a video appointment with Dr. Lieptke.  She cleared me for Hawaii travel!  I dropped off the kitties "sample" and shopped at TJ's.  I watered the plants. 
03/06/2022.  The husband & I shopped at TJ’s & I worked on taxes.
03/05/2022.  I attended the Bows & Beaus club Zoom meeting & worked on taxes.  I FT’d with my sister.
03/04/2022.  The husband & I filled his  car with gas ⛽️ at Costco & we also shopped there.   We ran into a person selling Costco Internet & signed up.   I still have more research to do.   I worked on taxes.
03/03/2022.  I shopped at Petco for more food for the kitties & called to place this food on automated delivery.

03/02/2022.  The husband took me for a nice hike around the ‘hood. (Steps = 9.4K with square dancing) & I said some of my prayers πŸ™.   We Zoom’d with our sister / sister-in-law.   I studied the Plus calls and attended club…I was a “square head” so attended early to set everything up.


Magnolia tree in the 'hood

03/01/2022.  Jose Jr. came over to take the broken spotlight.   I visited my friend who had the knee replacement & she is doing very well.   We took  a few laps in her ‘hood & he sent me home with shrimp 🍀 for the husband.    The husband made delicious πŸ˜‹ vegetables with tofu for dinner.



02/28/2022.  I hiked with the group today on the Chamise Trail at Rancho San Antonio, accessing it from Stonebrook Ave, Los Altos Hills.  It’s a very tough hike with many steep ascents (steps = 15.2K).  After, we had coffee at Starbucks & I got a yogurt 🍦 for myself and for the husband.  
I went to the dentist and got my final crown installed πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³!   It took 4 tries to get the right color! 
I washed clothes πŸ‘šπŸ‘– and worked on taxes, getting the big spreadsheet created.  


Hike, one of my friends calls this "The Death March".  It is very tough!



02/27/2022.  I watered the phaeleonopsis and worked on taxes a little.   I also did a bit of gardening πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🌾.




02/26/2022.  We took Miss Cassie in to the vet today.   I warned Dr. Neal that she is very wild, and Dr. Neal should wear gloves.  So Dr. Neal & her technician πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️took Cassie away to a more contained space.   When they came back, she said, Cassie was fine, she examined her mouth, and trimmed her nails!   I was dumbfounded!   When we got home, Cassie let the husband pet her too!  I updated the FF web site and started on taxes.   I also cleaned out my e-mail & set up the new e-mail account for Bows & Beaus.   I sent E-mails to the presidents & callers of three other clubs to ask them to help me spread the word.
02/25/2022.  We geocached at Rancho San Antonio, accessing it from Magdalena (5.5 miles, steps = 13.8k).  We found 5 geocaches too!  I also talked to the previous Bows & Beaus publicity person & she gave me some great ideas.   I entered an advertisement in the calendar section of the Mountain View voice. I also sent e-mails to folks who had expressed an interest in the class when it was being held in January.
Geocache # 1


Geocache # 2


Geocache # 3, hidden in pipe


Geocache # 4







Geocache # 5, the most fun geocache ever!












Wildflowers



Views from the hike .... a very strenuous hike!






























02/24/2022.  I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼 and watered all the  plants πŸͺ΄ .  The cleaners came & the house looks great.  I washed the throw rugs and the items used for cleaning 🧹.   I worked on the Bows & Beaus  Google Voice (GV) phone πŸ“ž number & couldn’t figure out how to link more than 2 GV numbers to one phone no.   I updated the FF web site.
02/23/2022.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood.  I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼 & studied the Plus calls.  I attended Club, great fun 🀩! (Steps = 9.7K, with dancing).
Flowers in the 'hood

02/22/2022.  Happy 2/22/22!   Some think it’s a thing to celebrate and a lot of the stores are offering 22% discounts (buy, buy, buy)!   The husband & I walked downtown today to look at all the construction 🚧!   There are a lot of 4 story buildings being built.   We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I had a small bagel πŸ₯― from the Posh Bagel πŸ˜‹.    The rest of the day I spent on getting the new square dance class ad in the Palo Alto Daily news πŸ“°.   The ads look great!  I FT’d my sister too…she has a lot going on!
02/21/2022.  I had a great hike today with my hiking group at Sierra Azul Preserve in Los Gatos (steps = 15.8K, 6.3 miles).  It was a clear, crisp, and beautiful day and the wildflowers are starting to bloom.  Afterwards we have coffee at Starbucks.  The husband and I made tofu vegetarian chili for dinner, so delicious πŸ˜‹.
    Views from various points along the trail.




Wildflowers!

















Vegetarian chili with tofu, delicious!

Pebbles napping on the husband's lap!


02/20/2022.  The flapper on the downstairs toilet broke so I watched YouTube videos on how to repair it, went to Ace Hardware to buy a replacement and did the repair.  I watered all the downstairs plants and washed clothes.

02/19/2022.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and visited my wonderful hairdresser. The husband and I drove to Costco Redwood City to fill my car with gas and we shopped.  The kitten food arrived this afternoon.
02/18/2022.  I got up at 7:15 am to go to PAMF urgent care.  They x-rayed my rib & determined that nothing is broken πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸŽ‰.  Afterwards, I returned the very expensive ($63) cat food & bought some more.   The husband wasn't happy that I had purchased only dry food, & no canned food so I ordered some canned kitten food at Amazon.  I also ordered some nail clippers.  I FT'd with my sister.

Two beautiful tulip trees in the 'hood





Dinner

02/17/2022.  My partner and I geo-cached up at Magdalena.  We found 4 caches, one super-micro cache, very challenging.  My rib is hurting.
Views from Magdalena

Geocache # 1


Geocache # 2


Tiny, tiny geocache with rock glued to top!  We were very, very lucky to find this one!



Geocache # 4 has a digital fish inside!



Interesting log, looked like an animal to me!


This is the vegan dish we cooked using the meal kit gifted by my friend.  All ingredients were included in the kit and it took quite a bit of preparation.


02/16/2022.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼, studied the Plus calls and danced.   My round dance partner and I round danced.  Unfortunately, I slightly tripped and fell and hurt my rib.  I hope it's not broken.
02/15/2022.  I visited my friend, helped her with her computer (easy fixes), and watered her plants πŸͺ΄.   She sent me home with some ready fix vegetarian meals πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!   I attended the Bows and Beaus alumni meeting (3 hours πŸ€ͺ) and it was great seeing everyone & hearing their stories.  The Apple Watch ⌚️ arrived and I started configuring it.

Clematis in bloom all along the fence. The scent is amazing!






02/14/2022.  Happy Valentine’s Day πŸ’•!  I hiked with our group (5.4 miles) and joined them for coffee ☕️ at Peets.   I shopped at TJ’s and then the husband & I exchanged Valentines Day cards.   He got me a wonderful card  πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•! I replied to a lot of the Valentine’s Day greetings.  The wildflowers are starting to bloom!
I talked to an acquaintance, washed clothes, and FT’d with my sister.

Wildflower at Rancho
Schlumbergerain bloom

02/13/2022.  I continued working on Outlook.  I used the Outlook 2019 "Clean up Folder" section to clean up "Inbox" and "All Mail" and moved the deleted items to a new off-line folder (6,141 messages).  Now I have lots of room!  The husband took me for a lovely walk around the 'hood.  I created and sent out our Valentine's Day message.
02/12/2022.  What a day!  I updated this blog and accidently deleted all the e-mail in "All Mail" πŸ€―🀯🀯!  That started a chain reaction....I took a break and shopped at Costco. I tried to recover by moving everything from "Trash" into my "Inbox", which increased the size of my mailbox enormously.  Then I decided to mess around with a special e-mail that I have since it was the smallest with which to experiment and then I struggled to recreate it.  Eventually I complete deleted the entire mailbox and started over.  

02/11/2022.  I dropped off the sample for Pebbles and met my geo-caching partner.  We went up Magdalena Road, but were unable to gain access to the park where we planned to geo-cache.  We hunted in other places and found 4 geo-caches, 3 of which came with "fish" trackers, very fun.  Then we had yogurt at Rancho.  I took my car in to have the trim piece replaced.  The husband made delicious vegetables with tofu πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!

Geoache # 1


Geocache # 2



My partner is taking the bracelet home to his grandaughter!

Another digital fish!


Geocache # 3
Very hard to find, coordinates were way off πŸ€ͺ! 

Lots of goodies

Another digital fish


Geocache # 4


Extremely hard to find!


Magnetic attached to back of galvanized pipe sprinkler

Reward:  Yogurt:  mostly toppings, little yogurt! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹


Pretty flowers

02/10/2022.  I watered all the indoor plants & had a nice shower πŸšΏπŸ§Ό.  We straightened up the house for the cleaners.  They arrived and did a great job.  I also washed and dried all the rags and our throw rugs.  I had the gardeners fix another line chewed by the squirrels.  I collected a sample from Pebbles to try to determine why she has diarrhea.  
Purple calla lily unfortunately with stamen chewed off
02/09/2022.  We took Pebbles in this morning.  It was very challenging getting her in the carrier:  she scratched the husband drawing blood 🩸 which dripped all over the floors 😒.  We finally wrapped her in a towel and got her in.  Dr. Echard at Los Altos Vet said she was a great cat once she got in there πŸ˜»
😻😻!  I registered hers and Cassie's microchips on a free site that I found.
Chili and tofu made by the husband


02/08/2022.  I  made appointments for Pebbles, for taxes, and with Dr. Sellmeyer & the radiology department.   That was very challenging.   I visited my friend & we celebrated her birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽπŸ₯³πŸŽ‚!   Afterwards, I watered her outside plants.   I washed clothes & prepared paperwork for Pebbles tomorrow.   
02/07/2022.  I  hiked at Don Edwards National Wildlife Reserve in Alviso (5.5 miles).   It was a foggy morning then the sun 🌞 came out.   We saw both white & blue herons fishing! A few of us had coffee ☕️ at Panero’s.  I shopped  at TJ’s  & later shopped at Safeway for treats to celebrate my friend’s birthday tomorrow.

Snowy egret

Great blue heron

Great blue heron & snowy egret



02/06/2022.  The husband & I shopped at Costco, then walked around the ‘hood.   I organized one cc statement  & had a nice shower 🚿 🧼.    I watered all the indoor plants πŸͺ΄ & the phaeleonopsis.  
Dinner
02/05/2022.  I  attended the Bows & Beaus board meeting today, 10 am to 12:30 pm.  I cleaned up my e-mail.  I'm still conflicted about the Hawaii trip.  I really want to go, but feel very reluctant to fly in the face of this pandemic.  I pruned most of the roses 🌹 and started in on the blackberries.
02/04/2022.  I went to Anderson Honda & Active Auto Body to get an estimate to repair the trim piece that I tore off when I hit a large rock πŸͺ¨ exiting the Ladera Church parking lot πŸ˜“!  I stopped off at Stanford for my quarterly blood 🩸 draws.   The husband joined me to for the 2nd estimate & afterwards we stopped at “In and Out Burger”.   We got two orders of French fries πŸŸπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ , a chocolate milkshake & a double double cheeseburger πŸ”.   I also did a last minute update to the FF web site.  I sent in my Publicity report to Bows & Beaus.
02/03/2022.  I geocached with my dance partner at Fremont Older Open Space district.   We found 4 geocaches & walked 10.4K steps, 3.9 miles.   It was a beautiful day, & the hiking πŸ₯Ύ was challenging.  I shopped at Safeway to get the husband a Valentine’s Day πŸ’ž card & bought a package of Dutch crunch rolls.  I ordered 2 SodaStream cartridges for the husband.

Views from Fremont Older Open Space





Wildflowers starting to bloom!



Geocache # 1


Geocache # 2, magnetic, attached to a pipe, & had a few snails on it


Geocache # 3, the Joker's wild because it has the Joker card from many decks of cards




Geocache # 4 Johnny Appleseed, easy find

02/02/2022.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood today.  We had our weekly Zoom meeting with our sister /sister-in-law.  It was her birthday today  πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸ₯³πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽˆ!  We also did a cc statement.

Birds of Paradise in our yard.
02/01/2022.  I visited my friend who is recovering from a knee replacement and watered her outdoor plants.  I also took her to a pharmacy to pick up some meds.  The husband made some delicious chili for us!

01/31/2022.  I  hiked with the group at Rancho San Antonio (4.1 miles).  There was water and ducks in the little pond.  We had coffee at Peet's and then I shopped at Trader Joes.


Pebbles cuddling up with her human

01/30/2022.  I  returned an Amazon item at Kohl’s & shopped for a bit.   Today was not a good football 🏈 day.   Kansas City Chiefs lost after being ahead 23-11 at halftime.   That game went into a sudden death playoff.   Then the Rams won against the 49er’s 17-20.   I watered the phaeleonopsis & the husband made a wonderful chili, rice, & tofu meal πŸ˜‹!
01/29/2022.  I  visited my friend who had a knee replacement & unfortunately is still in a lot of pain.   She served me a delicious πŸ˜‹ apple 🍏 pie & I took home a piece for the husband.   My great nephew fell while skiing ⛷ & suffered a concussion πŸ€•.  They are watching him closely.    It’s very scary!  I did some banking.
01/28/2022.  I hiked with my geo-caching partner at Fremont Older Open Space District (steps = 8.2K).  It was a beautiful day & we found 3 geo-caches.  I had been out of hiking for a long tine due to twisting my knee & COVID so I was happy at how well I did.  My partner also felt that he did very well too.

I updated the financials and deposited some checks I found buried in my piles.  I'm attempting to clean out 4 magazines each day.

Geocache # 1, a pretty easy find




Geocache # 2, a bit tricky.  Hadn't been found in a long time!

Geocache # 3, hidden inside a metal fence gate!




















01/27/2022.  Our wonderful cleaners came today, early!  I had a nice shower  πŸšΏπŸ§Ό and then washed all the towels used by the cleaners and our throw rugs.
01/26/2022.  The husband & I went to check out an acquaintance’s home in Palo Alto. It is filled with many old cars and trucks & actually looks like an unkempt junkyard.  It is in a very upscale neighborhood!   We shopped at TJ’s and Zoom’d with our sister / sister-in-law.   I also FT’d with my sister, watered my plants πŸͺ΄, cleaned up the crafts room, repaired my lighted earrings, and, in general, prepared for the cleaners!   I’m so happy they are coming tomorrow πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!
01/25/2022.  The husband took me for another nice walk around the 'hood.  I called my auto repair person, Jim, of Independence Auto, to fix the piece I tore off of the car.  Jim is retiring, after 30 years in business.  I'm very happy for him, sad for me!  I searched Yelp for more Auto Body repair places and found 3 that are highly rated.  I made arrangements to have our broken recliner picked up this Friday (small tiff with husband over that one).  I went to Dr. Martin to be fitted for my new crown.  He wanted to numb me and I said, no let's try it without that and it was all good. The person making the crown was present and I heard him say that he's going to make 2 crowns, just to make sure!  This one will be the 3rd one!  
I updated the FF web site.   I also caught up with one of my lovely friends from square dancing.  She is undergoing treatment and is doing extremely well πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ!

Love this beautiful field of mustard plants!




Cassie on her top perch




01/24/2022.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the hood.  I cleaned out my grimy coffee cup.

Flowers in the 'hood
01/ 23/2022.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   We watched Tom Brady, Buccaneers, lose to the Los Angeles Rams.   This is another shocker, because the Buccaneers are a much better team.  Tom Brady staged a fabulous comeback, but didn’t quite get there.  Then the Kansas City Chiefs 🏈 won against the Buffalo Bills  in overtime!   That also was an exciting game.  The husband & I shopped at Petco & an Auto Parts store. Meanwhile I ate 8 pieces of chocolate, pretzels πŸ₯¨ & hummus & shockingly do not feel well 🀒!  I talked to my great friend & spiritual mentor; she & her husband are down at the beach enjoying life!  My nephew has Covid-19 that he caught from his roommates.   He says it’s very mild!  I watered my phalaenopsis.
Field of mustard blooms!


Tazzy with one of his favorite people & he’s breaking all of my sisters’ rules 🀣!



01/22/2022.  I saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ today.   Then the husband & I brought my car 🚘 to Redwood City for gas ⛽️ & we shopped there.  We looked at furniture but I didn’t really like the furniture.  I ordered some sheet protectors on-line at Costco.   My sister received her test results & does not have COVID πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!  We watched Aaron Rogers, Green Bay Packers lose to the 49ers 🏈, shocking!   The Packers are the much better team!
01/21/2022.  I paid the remaining insurance bills, ordered cat food, and updated the FF web site.   My sister will not have her test results for a few days.  I also created an accounting 🧾 spreadsheet to show the distribution & sent it to my sister.  
01/20/2022.  My sister & I met to figure out this year’s distribution.   I paid insurance bills  & FT’d with my sister.   She is sick with a πŸ€’ temperature!  She’s going in tomorrow to be tested!
01/19/2022.  I did a home test today and I tested negative πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³ just as the doctor predicted.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood & we Zoom’d with our sister / sister-in-law.  This time we had a lot to talk about!
01/18/2022.  I chatted with Quicken, wait time of 36 minutes🀨, then installed the subscription I purchased. 
01/17/2022.  The husband & I ordered take out at Chef Chus. Unfortunately, I found two large shrimp in my order  so we returned it & had them make up a new order!   The food was delicious, as always!
01/16/2022.  I made amends with my sister πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³.   The husband is feeling better today.  We stayed in all day and yes I'm getting very bored.  I watered my phalaenopsis.
Cassie and Pebbles basking in the sun & enjoying their new cat tree


01/15/2022.  I attended the SCVSDA meeting from 11 am to 3:30 pm.  I called my nephew in law over concern over the husband's damaged larynx (clothesline trauma or blunt neck trauma).   He thinks the husband will be OK.   I asked my sister to send me a COVID test kit Tuesday or Wednesday.  She said she could only send me one test.  I was furious & texted her about my feelings:  that her husband gave me COVID and now they could only spare me one test!  Meanwhile, I've been out of commission since 28th of December πŸ˜·πŸ€•πŸ€’πŸ˜ͺπŸ₯΄.  I've cancelled the cleaners and fretted about the positive test I got.   Now I've accumulated bad Karma in dealing with my sister and brother-in-law.
I called & I found test  kits at Walgrens and immediately went down and purchased 4.  
01/14/2022.  The husband took me for a walk around the 'hood.  I was resting and got a call from the husband that he was injured.  I rushed out to the back yard where he was laying ion his side and I immediately called 911.  Very shortly a fire truck and paramedics arrived.   They checked him out and helped him up.  He was in a lot of pain but was able to breath, swallow, and move all his limbs (no paralysis).  

I sent in my reports to the SCVSDA board. 

The husband had a very bad night, sleeping only a few hours in one of the downstairs chairs.

Magnolia Stellata from our walk


 

Santa Clara County Fireman


Paramedics putting away their gear, fully dressed in PPE




01/13/2022.  I did major changes to the FF website to reflect February.   
01/12/2022.  The husband and I had a nice walk around the 'hood.  We Zoom'd with our sister / sister-in-law.  We rolled the Christmas tree out to the garage and assembled the new 7 1/2 foot cat tree for our kitties.  We hope they like it.
Cassie licking the spoon

Pebbles standing up begging

Magnolia Stellata



This evening the results of my COVID-19 test came in; they were positive 😰😭.  I messaged my Doctor to get more information about this. 
01/11/2022.  I got my COVID test at El Camino Hospital.  It was a long walk over to the test site from my car.  I was exhausted when I arrived home.
01/10/2022.  I made an appointment for a COVID test tomorrow.  I FT'd with my sister and also had a conversation with my cousin.  His wife got very sick & they had to take her by ambulance all the way to Sacramento to find her a hospital room.   This is the unintended consequences of the unvaccinated.  I also talked to my friend who just had surgery.  She is doing OK.  
01/09/2022.  I talked to my friend today who had surgery.  Today was a bit rough for her.  
01/08/2022.  I attended the Bows & Beaus meeting today (2 1/2 hours).  I FT'd with my sister and cleaned up my e-mail.  The kitty food arrived today.
01/07/2022.  The cat tree I've been looking at dropped back to 1/2 price so I ordered it.  I hope that both I & the cats will like it.  The husband ventured out to both TJ's and Costco to get food for us !πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!
I updated the FF web site because two additional bands / groups dropped out.   I also copied the FF web site to prepare for next month's update & deleted all of this month's e-mails. I sent out the report to the Bows & Beaus folks. 
The husband and I made delicious vegetarian chili.



01/06/2022.  I straightened out the two 529 accounts, hopefully for the last time πŸ€ͺ🀣.  I did a lot of updates to the FF web site.  My sister spent the day again helping our nephew at his new home.  They got the entire office unpacked and it looks great!
I talked to my friend who is having a knee replacement in Friday.
01/05/2022.  I updated a number of my financial accounts.  For some reason, Quicken disconnected my online accounts and it was a bit painful to get them re-established. 
01/04/2022.  I woke up without a migraine headache today for the first time in at least 5 days πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!  I conferred with a square dancing friend and we updated the dance flyer for the new class.   I sent it out to the usual recepients.
Many of the clubs have suspended activities due to the Omicron COVID variant.    It is highly virulent and has infected over 1 M people in the US over the weekend 😭.  More infections are expected.   I watered my πŸͺ΄ plants;  that took so much energy, that I realize I have a very long way to go to recover!   I also think I straightened out those two 529  accounts.   We’ll see 🀣!   I talked with my sister who spent the day helping her son, my nephew, to unpack & get settled in his new home. 
01/03/2022.  I  rested, my energy is very low & I still have the migraine headaches πŸ€•πŸ€•πŸ€•!
01/02/2022.  Our Bows & Beaus club met to discuss club activities in the face of the Omicron COVID variant.   After much discussion, we decided to suspend club activities and to postpone the class for new dancers   I updated the  flyers for the class to reflect the new dates.  
01/01/2022.  Happy New Years πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!   I rested all day today & for dinner the husband made delicious vegetarian chili with tofu & quinoa.  I texted with my sister several times today.   The brother-in-law is feeling better;  she took a COVID test that turned up negative!   I watered the phaeleonopsis.














No comments:

Post a Comment