03/31/2023. I worked on the binders again. We dropped my collection of science fiction books off to our friend who is recovering from COVID!
![]() |
| More wind damage results |
![]() |
| More wind damage results |
1. Submit the application & write down the number. that was generated.2. Get a # to pay & wait until they call you.3. Stand in line to have your picture taken4. Wait until they call you to take the test.5. Take the test . I got π―!6. Wait until they call you to get your temporary license.
I got gas ⛽️ at Costco & shopped there. I FT’d my sister. She is finally getting some tests scheduled to see about her pain.
My round dance partner had his surgery today & all went well π₯³ππ!
I started going through the binders that the husband brought down.
03/29/2023. I studied for the DMV test Tomorrow’s the big day! Our friend visited us & the husband showed him his process for cleaning out the office!
03/28/2023. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, watered all the plants πͺ΄, & got ready for our cleaners. They arrived 1/2 hour early, but we made it. The house looks great π! I washed the throw rugs and various rags. I continued to study π for the DMV test, & I FT’d with my sister. She is in quite a bit of pain & cannot get in to see any doctors π₯Ό. I befuddled about what to tell her to do!
My round dance partner had his surgery today & all went well π₯³ππ!
I started going through the binders that the husband brought down.
03/29/2023. I studied for the DMV test Tomorrow’s the big day! Our friend visited us & the husband showed him his process for cleaning out the office!
03/28/2023. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, watered all the plants πͺ΄, & got ready for our cleaners. They arrived 1/2 hour early, but we made it. The house looks great π! I washed the throw rugs and various rags. I continued to study π for the DMV test, & I FT’d with my sister. She is in quite a bit of pain & cannot get in to see any doctors π₯Ό. I befuddled about what to tell her to do!
Watch hawk swoop in. Fortunately, bunny already ran!
03/27/2023. I didn’t sleep well! I had a wonderful hike π₯Ύ with our group at Rancho San Antonio, but it was only 2 of us (steps = 13.4K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s & I shopped at TJ’s. He also gave me a copy of the DMV manual πππ₯³! I read the manual & practiced the sample tests.
The husband started his reorganization of my upstairs office. It’s quite upsetting, but I will persevere.
![]() |
| A tree fell right in the middle of this person's house, literally cutting it in half. Unfortunately, they don't have enough insurance to cover the damage |
03/26/2023. The vegan dumplings and dipping sauce were delicious π. I think I'm exhausted from my DMV studies becau;se I slept in until 2:30 pm today!
The husband has begun the room re-organization & it will be beautiful once it's finished π₯³ππ.
I washed clothes and am continuing to study for my DMV test.
03/25/2023. I picked up some lovely vegan dumplings and dipping sauce from my neighbor.
The husband took me for a walk around the 'hood today (steps = 4.8K). It was a 3 dog walk! I continued to study for the DMV test.
He also unveiled his plan for the now unused upstairs office. I'm traumetized because it will be a lot of work π€ͺ!
I did not eat healthy today π§.
03/24/2023. The husband took me for a lovely walk in the ‘hills (steps = 5.4K). We met a very nice doggy on the walk, Lexie. I continued to study for the DMV test & now I’m doing well π₯³ππ! I deposited some checks & made my reservations for September. My sister is happy about this. I ate healthy today.
03/23/2023. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 4.2K).
We met a very nice neighbor & she’s going to get me some Indian food cooked by her friend. Today I did very poorly on my healthy eating program π’. I FT’d with my sister. I washed my robe & bedspread. I continued to study for the DMV test.
![]() |
| Hawk that is hunting our rabbits |
03/22/2023. We had a “Zoom” meeting with our sister / sister-in-law. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, studied the Plus calls, attended round dance class & club, and drove a friend to his home. I was careful about my eating after class.
03/21/2023. Another cylonic wind storm hit today. We had no damage, just lots of rain and wind. I FT'd with my sister & studied for the DMV written test. So far, I'm not doing well!
03/20/2023. I hiked with our hiking group at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12.7K). We had coffee ☕ at Peet's and I shopped at TJ's. The husband is still cleaning up cedar tree branches after last Tuesday's extremely high windstorm. I'm reading the DMV manual.
![]() |
| Wildflowers |
![]() |
| Mallards. The streams and little pond are full! |
03/19/2023. We had a St. Patrick's Day lunch at our cousin's home. She is a gourmet cook and many of the vegetables are from their garden. They redid their landscaping and it is very beautiful.


03/18/2023. I FT'd with my sister and she delivered some not-so-good news about a finding on the CT scan. I'm really upset about that!
I attended the SCVSDA meeting today. It was very efficient πππ₯³ and ended early.
The huband and I shopped at both Costco and Wal-Mart (for bread and stainless steel cleaner).
So, to comfort myself, I ate two muffins with lots of melted butter π§, Ruffles from Costco, 1/2 can of vanilla frosting from Wal-Mart, and crackers. Guess what? It didn't help at all!
I love this saying: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift o God, which is why we call it the present". by Bill Keane. I heard it quoted by Cesar Milan.
03/17/2023. Happy St. Patrick's Day ☘️☘️☘️. The husband took me for a nice walk in the hills (steps = 6.2K). I sent out my report for the SCVSDA meeting tomorrow.
![]() |
| The root of that huge Eucalyptus tree! |
![]() |
| Roof taken out by cedar tree |
![]() |
| One branches toppled one after another. Same thing happens to our cedar tree. It's very scary. |
03/16/2023. Today was crazy day! HVAC folks arrived at 8am. They are VERY competent!
Heater: problem filter not changed since 2014. Caused heater to suck in filter & rattle. My bad …: Rest of system was all checked.
Good news π°:The house is “plumbed” for A/C & they will give me a bid. Highly rated company!
Next arrival, right after HVAC, The electrician.
Electrician: GFI was tripped. I didn’t know we have 2 other GFIs in our kitchen including one in our appliance garage…..my bad! It was tripped!
Good news: Cleaned up all the plastic bags in the appliance garage!
Couldn’t find anything wrong with faulty plug which worked intermittently. He switched out the plug. The polarity was wrong but that shouldn’t have affected its operation. He checked out the rest of the other 8 floor plugs π. They were all OK!
Our electrician ⚡️worked with Doyle, Tom, Gary, Abigail, & Von! He built a few spec houses with the Hastings!
I have diarrhea. It’s seems abated now!
Other good news: I had fun dancing last night.
Lesson # 1: have LOTS of things going on so if one area of your life is not so good, another area is!
Lesson #2: Things are always better when you dance!
I had a nice shower πΏ π§Ό & got ready for the cleaners. The house looks great! I washed the throw rugs & other rags & also my bedspread.
I FT’d with my sister; she had some choice words to say about us 2 smart people not thinking to change the filter on the furnace π€ͺ! She will see her doctor tomorrow about her diverticulitis.
03/15/2023. We had our “Zoom” meeting with our sister / sister-in-law, I had a nice shower πΏ π§Ό, studied the Plus calls, and attended Club. I drove a friend home, then came home & ate WAY too many Cheerios ☹️!
03/14/2023. Today we had a fierce wind π¬️. We were inside and watched our huge cedar tree sway back and forth and heard a bunch of branches drop onto the roof. The city issued a stay-at-home order due to the danger π«! I cancelled our cleaners due to this issue also.
In the afternoon the wind quieted and the husband and I swept up branches, I FT'd my sister who is feeling very unwell due to her diverticulitis.
03/13/2023. I hiked this morning with two other friends (steps = 11.8K). We had coffee ☕ at Peet's and I shopped at TJ's. The electrician will be here on Thursday!!!! I also researched furnace repair people and will call tomorrow.
03/12/2023 I awoke this morning from a BAD dream: we were in some new house (maybe a condo) and the place was crawling with red ants. I tried to suck them up in the vacuum cleaner, realized that the suction was poor, opened the bag, and discovered the bag had broken π¬π¬π¬. When I woke up, the husband announced that we had no power at the kitchen island. I'll work on getting an electrician out here tomorrow. The two I contacted today are leaving.
The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood today (steps = 4.5K). The girl scout cookie mini-salegirls were out in force with their parents. We will buy some from our across the street neighbor. I briefly FT'd with my sister and washed clothes.
03/11/2023 I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό and saw my wonderful hairdresser ππ»♀️, then shopped at TJ's. My friend left some anonymous phaeleonopsis by the front door; however, the Ring doorbell outed her π€£π€£π€£!
03/10/2023. I FT'd with my sister to review some financial data and I updated the FF web site. That was challenging because we changed the sponsors. I've documented the process now.
03/09/2023. The GE refrigerator repair person, Carl, arrived and couldn't find anything wrong with the icemaker. He suggested that we take a "wait and see" approach, so we will. Meanwhile, he didn't charge us for the visit and leveled out our refrigerator. I got to the bottom of the rent increase freeze at Santa Cruz. The County of Santa Cruz has declared an emergency disaster, hence the California "no gouging" rules apply. That means no rent increases above 10% even for newly vacated premises.I had a nice FT call with my niece and got to see my doggy nephew, Tazzy.
The atmospheric river has hit us and it has rained π¦☔ most of today.


02/16/2023. I wrote and sent in our resignation letter to our previous financial company.




I updated the FF web site.





03/08/2023. The husband took me for a lovely hike in the hills today (steps = 5.8K). I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ, studied the Plus calls and attended Club. It was the St. Patrick's Day ☘️ celebration so I wore the green blinking lights that my niece gifted me at Christmas. They were a big hit!
03/07/2023. We had the appointment with our CPA π΅ today. I hiked in the hills and said most of my prayers ππ»(steps = 6.7 K). An atmospheric river from Hawaii (ie WARM) is supposed to hit California in the next few days. There's a lot of worry about the storm melting the snowpack causing flooding πππ.
I contacted a few property managers still trying to decide what to do about the rental.
View from the hills
03/06/2023. I had a video appointment with the wonderful Dr. Liedtke from Stanford. We reviewed all my tests and she says that my SMM is stable π₯³ππ! The husband took me for a short walk around the 'hood (steps = 4.8K). We also shopped at Costco.![]() |
| Magnolia tree in the 'hood |
![]() |
| crabapple flower in our yard |

03/05/2023. I shopped at Wal-Mart today and it was a zoo. I found most of the supplies that I needed. I FT'd with my sister, updated the FF web site, washed clothes and watered the phaeleonopsis.
03/04/2023. I attended the Bows & Beaus monthly meeting. I made the big monthly change to the FF web site. It was a sssssssllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwww day for me!
03/03/2023. Happy 16th birthday to our great niece! I FT'd her; her parents are throwing her a 16th birthday dinner party with 35 people!
Our neighbor came over today to retrieve her mail. Her husband's younger brother, only 61 years old, is suffering from cancer that has apparently metastasized. We toured our yard and she think it's beautiful.
The husband & I went to Stanford so that I could have my blood π©Έ drawn for my upcoming video appointment. The draw itself was very quick with no waiting. However, we got very lost π§πΊ️ on the way over. It was an adventure.
03/04/2023. I attended the Bows & Beaus monthly meeting. I made the big monthly change to the FF web site. It was a sssssssllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwww day for me!
03/03/2023. Happy 16th birthday to our great niece! I FT'd her; her parents are throwing her a 16th birthday dinner party with 35 people!
Our neighbor came over today to retrieve her mail. Her husband's younger brother, only 61 years old, is suffering from cancer that has apparently metastasized. We toured our yard and she think it's beautiful.
The husband & I went to Stanford so that I could have my blood π©Έ drawn for my upcoming video appointment. The draw itself was very quick with no waiting. However, we got very lost π§πΊ️ on the way over. It was an adventure.
| Neighbor's beautiful vine seen from her side of the fence! |
03/02/2023. Our friends came over for a brief visit. They are delightful people. I finished the taxes today and I'm relieved to be done πππ! I had a brief FT with my sister this morning. I decided not to go to my great-niece's 16th birthday party. There are going to be 27 people there!
03/01/2023. I hiked today with the hiking group at Shoreline Park (total steps = 12K, with dancing). It was a beautiful hike and VERY cold and windy. We had coffee ☕ afterwards at the Shoreline Lake American Bistro. The hot cofffee was very welcome.
03/01/2023. I hiked today with the hiking group at Shoreline Park (total steps = 12K, with dancing). It was a beautiful hike and VERY cold and windy. We had coffee ☕ afterwards at the Shoreline Lake American Bistro. The hot cofffee was very welcome.
We "Zoom'd" with our sister /sister-in-law. I studied the Plus calls and attended round dance class and club. I drove a friend home after club.
02/28/2023. I did not sleep well last night. I watered the plants, had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ and got ready for the cleaning peeps. They came 1/2 hour early, but we made it. I washed the throw rugs and rags. Thankfully, my sister feels better.
02/27/2023. I finished the spreadsheet and now can fill out our CPA's form. I talked to AT&T who was threatening to sue me for $69.64. They agreed to zero out my balance.
I washed clothes & updated the FF web site. My sister is suffering from an attack of diverticulitis, very painful π.
02/26/2023. The husband and I went to "In and Out Burger". The wait was 24 minutes (I set my stopwatch. I backup up my iphone and I still don't know where the backup is stored on my computer.
We are cancelling tomorrow's hike due to rain. I've started my taxes and uploaded all the data for our new financial advisor. I watered the phalaenopsis.
02/25/2023. The husband took me for a walk around the 'hood (steps = 5.3K). It was very cold and I really didn't want to go, but I'm glad I did. When we got home, we drove out to Shoreline Park to see all the snow in the nearby mountains (East bay and North bay). Amazing! I FT'd with my sister and the husband and I reconciled the latest cc statement! All done with those until next month!
I've restored all my blog data!
It's springtime in the 'hood
And it snowed in then nearby mountains!!!!! These are the views from Shoreline Park
02/24/2023. I had a wonderful lunch with my friend at Chef Chus and we had a lovely conversation. Chef Chus π₯’ππ₯ π is the best! I've pieced together all but 11 days of data for my blog from other sources.
I finished two cc statements. There is SNOW ❄️⛄ all throughout the Bay Area and people are building snowmen. Several highways throughout California and in the bay area are closed due to SNOW removal operations!!!!
02/23/2023. The husband and I shopped at Costco. I'm so very sad again. I FT'd with my sister and spent more time trying to retrieve my lost blogger data, including purchasing another retrieval program and calling Apple. No luckπ. I made a Swarovski angel for Kathy.
It's very, very cold today nusually cold for this area of the county. Then after midnight (12:35 AM), we had thunder and lightening that shook the entire house! It was pretty scary!
I'm starting to go through texts, e-mails, and other history to reconstruct the blog,
I finished two cc statements. There is SNOW ❄️⛄ all throughout the Bay Area and people are building snowmen. Several highways throughout California and in the bay area are closed due to SNOW removal operations!!!!
02/23/2023. The husband and I shopped at Costco. I'm so very sad again. I FT'd with my sister and spent more time trying to retrieve my lost blogger data, including purchasing another retrieval program and calling Apple. No luckπ. I made a Swarovski angel for Kathy.
It's very, very cold today nusually cold for this area of the county. Then after midnight (12:35 AM), we had thunder and lightening that shook the entire house! It was pretty scary!
I'm starting to go through texts, e-mails, and other history to reconstruct the blog,
02/22/2023. We "Zoomed" with our sister / sister-in-law. I continue to be very sad today. I studied the Plus calls, had a shower πΏπ§Ό, and attended both round dance class and club. I gave a ride home to a friend of mine also.
02/21/2023. I returned to Clickaway. They were unable to retrieve the data π’. The husband took me for a very nice hike around the hood (steps = 6.3K).
I did some banking and said goodby to my friends at "Present" (the two Jims). They are retiring.
02/20/2023. I hiked with our group at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 13K). We had coffee ☕at Peet's and I shopped at TJ's. I brought the IPAD to Clickaway to see if they could recover the data. I'm still so sad about my friend with her inoperable lung cancer.
02/19/2023. Today was a very BAD day. I found out that my long time friend has inoperable lung cancer. I’m so very sad. Also I accidentally deleted more than a month’s worth of blog posts that are probably not recoverable. I was up all night until 6 am trying everything to recover the data to no avail.
02/18/2023. My begonia that hasn't bloomed in MANY years is in bloom as is one of my phaeleonopsis. I visited my wonderful hairdresser today ππ»♀️. She is so smart talking to so many people.
02/15/2023. We "Zoomed" with our sister / sister-in-law. I picked up the cake at Costco and unfortunately it did not have our club logo on it. A few of us are disappointed.
I studied the Plus calls, had a shower πΏπ§Ό, and attended both round dance class and club. It was our Valentine's Day party and "Alumni" day. I served the cake and ate 3 pieces with plenty of frosting; in addition, I ate several pieces of delicious chocolate. We had 65 people in attendance! I gave a ride home to a friend of mine also.
Flowers in the garden

Clematis and they smell wonderful


02/14/2023. Happy Valentine's Day. The husband bought me a lovely Valentine's Day card & I got a nice one for him too! I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ and our wonerful cleaners came today. The house looks great.
02/13/2023. We had a fabulous hike today at the Los Pulgas Open Space District. This hike is open to dogs πΆ and I petted FIFTEEN of the them. Fortunately, my hiking partners are very patient with me. Afterwards, we had a wonderful coffee and scones at a little coffee shop in Emerald Hills. I shopped at See's Candy to buy a present for the husband. There was a very long line, but they fed me 3 complimentary chocolates π while I waited. I also shopped at Wal-Mart to buy supplies for the party on February 15th.
![]() |
| Madrone tree blossoms, my favorite tree! |
![]() |
| Streams here had lots of water flowing! |

02/12/2023. Today was the SuperBowl and the Kansas City Chiefs won! I say they Patrick Mahomes did it for Connie!
The husband took be for a walk around the "hood (steps = 6.7K) We also had a call with our new proposed advisor.
I updated the FF web site.
02/11/2023. I shopped at Costco.
02/10/2023. The husband took me for a walk in the hills (steps = 4.4K).
We got gas and shopped at Costco Redwood City. I wanted to make sure I had enough gas to drive everyone for the hike at the Los Pulgas Open Space District. We had another call with our proposed financial advisor.
02/09/2023. I called to see if my bodyshop would do a touch up paint. I sent them pictures and they said no!
02/08/2023. We "Zoomed" with our sister / sister-in-law. I studies\d the Plus calls, had a nice shower, and attended Round dance class and club.
02/07/2023. NO DATA
02/06/2023. I hiked with the group (four us) at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 13K). It's wonderful to hear the water running in the streams and seeing the "duck" pond all filled up! We had coffee at Peet's.
02/05/2023. We installed the new lock on the back shed. It was very tricky to find the hole alighnment to insert the screws.
02/04/2023. We shopped at the Home Depot for a new lock for the shed. The US shot down the Chinese spy balloon today.
02/03/2023. I did some paperwork today.
02/02/2023. I worked on the books today to prepare for taxes. The husband took me for a hike in the hills in a new loop (steps = 5.2K). Happy birthday to our sister / sister-in-law! We called her and sang Happy Birthday πππππ₯³π.
02/01/2023. I updated the FF website.
01/31/2023. We shopped at Safeway and Costco today. Our wonderful cleaners came today and the house looks great!
01/30/2023. We had a wonderful, but short hike at Baylands Park in Sunnyvale (steps = 8,7K). We had coffee ☕ in a coffee shop in a nearby interesting office complex.
My beautiful cousin visited to pick up an old chest that her father had. She is such a lovely and talented person.
01/29/2023. We watched the NFC championship game π , SF 49ers against the Eagles. Our wonderful new quarterback, Brock Purdy got hurt and was out of the game , very early. The 49ers had to field their 4th quarterback this season. That must be some type of a record, in a very bad way π.
We also saw that the Kansas City Chiefs won, but Patrick Mahomes limped off the field midway due to an injury π’, that turned out to be a high ankle injury.
01/28/2023. I saw my wonderful hairdresser today ππ»♀️. I also shopped at Wal-Mart.
Adorable and well behaved puppers at the hair dressers!

01/27/2023. Our dear Connie passed away today, 6 hours after she moved into a hospice facility. We are so sad. We did not even get to visit her. She said that I could visit her there, but that was not meant to be.
The husband took me for a walk around the 'hood (steps = 4K).

01/26/2023. We had lunch with our wonderful friends at the Alpine Inn in Portotal Valley. I gave her an angel. My friend Connie will be moving into a hospice facility tomorrow. I offered to help her pack, but she has others to help her. I attended Interlocked Squares to collect signatures for the top 10 callers.
01/25/2023. NO DATA!
01/24/2023. Today was my colonoscopy. Last night was really awful. I slept in the bathroom with my head on the sink all night. I was very glad that it was all over with. My friend came over to visit, but I was fast asleep after staying up all night last night!
01/23/2023. The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood today (steps = 6.3K). I'm still in preparation for my colonoscopy and skipped the walk with my hiking group today.


01/22/2023. Happy Chinese New Year! πΌ. The 49ers won against the Cowboys today π!
01/21/2023. I shopped at Wal-Mart to get Mira-Lax for "early" preparation for my colonoscopy.
01/20/2023. The husband took me for a walk (steps = 6.6K). We shopped at Costco & I picked up my "medicine" for the colonoscopy.
01/19/2023. My Cologuard test came back positive. I have an appointment for a colonoscopy next Tuesday/ We shopped at Costco in Redwood City.
01/18/2023. The husband took me for a nice hike today (steps = 8K). The streams near our house are really flowing for the first time in so many drought years!
DATA ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FROM 1/10/2023 to 2/18/2023! π¬π¬π¬
Update 2/24/2023: I'm restoring it using other information ...... very painstaking.
01/17/2023. I had a nice shower and got ready for the cleaning peeps.
The GE refrigerator person came today and now we have water and ice πππ₯³!
Here's the litany of repairs we've done recently:
Replaced water conditioner
Fixed kitchen faucet (no hot water)
Fixed dishwasher (stopped working)
Fixed refrigerator (no water or ice)
Replaced lock in back shed.... the husband had to climb through the window and take the door off the hinges to gain access!
Haven't fixed: leaking roof! π§π§π§
The house looks wonderful after the cleaning girls finished.
01/16/2023. We had a nice hike around the 'hood (steps = 5K).
01/15/2023. NO DATA!
01/14/2023. I did some banking today. We watched the SF 49er's beat the Seahawks, with Brock Purdy as the quarterback π!
01/13/2023. Happy Friday the 13th! I had a conversation with the County of Santa Cruz about my big tax oopsie! They are going to return all the money π₯³ππ! I shopped at TJ's and Wal-mart
01/12/2023. The husband & I had a wonderful hike in Los Altos Hills and visited our friend Narindar. (steps = 7.9K).
I updated the FF web site.
01/11/2023. I updated the FF web site. We "Zoom'd" with our sister / sister-in-law. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, studied the Plus calls, and attended both round dance class and club.
01/10/2023. We shopped at Costco & the husband got his hearing aids fixed.
01/09/2023. The husband & I finally got into our back shed. That required crawling thru the window (the husband), disassembling the lock using drills, screwdrivers πͺ, and tin snips. We finally had to remove the door πͺ from its hinges. Unfortunately, there’s a termite infestation going on π¬π¬π¬.
I did some banking & some financial reconciliation. I also talked to my cousin who’s farming our land. His wife has been through some really rough times. She’s very young and in shape & she had a stroke. Her 2 carotid arteries were very plugged. The good news is that she was seen by a specialist at Stanford who is literally the best of the best! I didn’t sleep well last night.
01/08/2023. I updated the FF web site. There were a lot of changes. The husband took me for a great hike in the hills (steps = 8.1K). These days it’s important to get out there in between storms.

01/07/2023. I attended the Bows & Beaus meeting. I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ & saw my wonderful hair dresser ππ»♀️. I planned to go to Wal-Mart afterwards, but there was a gale outside. I received my receipt from the Santa Cruz homeowner, & I hope my check follows soon π π! I FT’d with my sister, & niece & great-niece who were visiting her. My niece is still not feeling well; she’s having difficulty breathing ☹️ & is having to use an inhaler for relief. I shopped at Wal-Mart specifically to buy ice cube π§ trays to make ice for my morning cereal. I researched them previously and I’m pleased with my purchase. They are making ice in the freezer right now ππ!
01/06/2023. I continued to research & to try solutions to fix the GE water dispenser issue, to no avail, & made an appointment with GE for service. The husband took me for a lovely hike in the hills (steps = 6.8K). I took a lot of pictures of the creeks, filled with rapidly running water π¦ & posted them on FB.
01/05/2023. The rain & wind stopped this afternoon & the husband took me for a nice walk today around the ‘hood (steps = 5.5K). We saw 3 downed trees on our walk. The creek that was dry a few weeks ago has a lot of water running now & that is great! I was notified that my letter was delivered today to the Santa Cruz homeowners. I’m hoping that the money will soon follow.
We had a meeting today with a financial person that we’ve known from the past & it went well. I attempted to change the refrigerator filter. With the new filter, no water was coming out & the refrigerator was making a loud noise. I searched on-line for solutions & tried many of them, to no avail. Will try again tomorrow. I updated the FF web site.
Santa Cruz, Capitola, and Aptos were hit very hard due to high tide and the floods. Our friend's house in Aptos was flooded with water washing into their entire first floor and they just had the entire downstairs hardware flooring replaced π’.
01/04/2023. We had our weekly “Zoom” meeting with our sister / sister-in-law”. I studied the Plus calls for club tonight, However, “do not travel” alerts ‼️ are being issued. It is raining π§️ heavily & the wind π¨ is blowing fiercely. The husband asked that I stay home & so I did.
01/03/2023. We got ready for the cleaning folks including unpacking my suitcase π§³ from our Christmas trip. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό & the house looks great. I washed the cleaning supplies & throw rugs. The problem with the FF web site is fixed ππ. The letter that I sent to the property tax owners was rejected because there was no one there by that name. I prepared new letters addressed to the Santa Cruz home & brought them to the post office to send certified mail with a return receipt. I also installed four more Bows & Beaus class signs in various places around Los Altos.
01/02/2023. The husband & I shopped at TJ’s. I updated the FF web site. It’s wonky again π€ͺ & I took a screen shot & e-mailed to the sites’ admin. I watered all the indoor plants & FT’d with my sister. I ate 13 pieces of chocolate tonight π©π©π©! I also did some work for a Bows & Beaus in advertising for our class & replying to messages about the class! I listed the class in City Spark too!
01/01/2023. Happy New Year 2023 πππ₯³πππ! We got a respite from the rain π§️ ☔️ today! The husband took me for a great hike in the hills (steps = 9.9K). I said all my prayers π. I took down all the Christmas π decor & packed it away, including wheeling out the tree π²π
! I also copied the letter to the folks for whom I inadvertently paid their property taxes & mailed it. Their certified letter is scheduled to be delivered on the 3rd. I also did a search on those people to get additional phone & e-mail information. I sorted more magazines from my piles.



























































































No comments:
Post a Comment