Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Journey January 01 2020-December 31-2020







11/03/2020.  I
11/02/2020.  I
11/01/2020.  I
10/31/2020.  I
10/30/2020.  I
10/29/2020.  I
10/28/2020.  I
10/27/2020.  I
10/26/2020.  I
10/25/2020.  I
10/24/2020.  I
10/23/2020.  Lots of work with the landscapers today.  We got the patio grinding straightened out.  They've already replaced two of the back risers. and placed them underground.  I will test them tomorrow. 
The husband took be for a nice walk in the hood.

Flowers in the hood

Spooky Halloween Decor

Dinner




10/22/2020. Today was Day 2 of our landscaping project, see Landscaping tab.  I had a nice nap then took myself for a 3 mile (7.7K steps) walk.  I had a nice conversation with my friend and spiritual mentor.  She and her husband are enjoying staying home!  Her husband goes for long walks every day.
Blooming cactus
Blooming cactus




10/22/2020.  Just a quick test to see if the typing display improved.   NO!!!
10/21/2020. The landscape project began today!   The landscaping crew arrived at 8:00 am & I had not slept much.  This is a very exciting project!  I've moved all landscape pictures over to the new tab, "Landscape".
I had a nice long nap this afternoon.  I tried out the headset I purchased on Amazon Prime day.  I think I like it.  Using FT, I sister around the yard outside to show her today's progress & to test out the headset too.
I sent out the reminder for today's club meeting & I attended.  I washed a load of clothes..
Rose bud from the garden
Next year's oranges!
10/20/2020.  I placed, then cancelled, then placed an order pickup order with Safeway.  Our landscape contractor, Lifescape Custom Landscapes, visited today and complemented us on how much we had accomplished.   I managed the big projects fence pressure washing, tree removal and trimming, and painting), and the husband did a huge amount of clean-up of items on the back concrete slab.
He walked through the property with his project manager and they will start tomorrow morning at 7:30 am..  This will be a 2 month project.
I made an appointment for my bone density scan. Then I picked up the order from Safeway.  The husband wiped everything down & I put it away.  Afterwards, we did some work in  the yard and determined  where everything will be staged for give-away or sale.  I FT'd with my sister who also has a big project underway.  I also watered all the outside plants.  
I had a nice nap, then sent replies to 6 people who requested some pineapple guavas.  
10/19/2020.  The husband and I drove down to the post office to mail our ballots.  Here's our piles of election materials!
Two more folks picked up their pineapple guava bags.
The landscape installer is coming tomorrow with his project manager  They plan to start on Wednesday! 
I glued the cover on to our scale and also glued down the vinyl in the mud room that was curling up.  I used by favorite E6000 glue for both projects.  It's awesome!
10/18/2020.  I had a great nap.   The husband & I  picked up pineapple guavas & we now have 3 boxes.  We also had a lovely walk through the hood.  
I watered all my indoor & outdoor plants.
Flowers in the hood!

My first ginger plant bloom.  It smells delicious!  The next flower is the husband's cactus.  We are excited because we don't believe it has ever bloomed!
10/17/2020.  I attended our club’s board meeting today.  Then I had a great hike with my friend from square dancing up in the hills.   I really enjoy he companionship & friendship.   I had a lovely nap ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค, then FT’d with my sister.   The husband  vacuumed ๐Ÿงน the downstairs meaning that tomorrow I will need to  "Bona" the wood floors & steam clean the slate.  

Halloween decor in the Hills.
Witches circle
Many skeletons & bones!
Witches coven

Halloween decor Sergey Brin's estate





Google eyes in front of  Sergey Brin's estate!














Dinner
Dinner
10/16/2020.  I'm so tired of reporting the Blogger problem to Google.  I believe that Google is trying to force us Bloggers to leave the platform.  I’m  now trying it on Chrome on the iPAD.   Same bad result!
I watered the outdoor plants.  The husband & I collected more pineapple guavas.  I attended the Katydids zoom meeting this evening.   They are a great group!

I wrote out 10 more voter postcards & got them ready for mailing.  I ordered a replacement Driver’s License also.

10/15/20.  I walked with my friend to deliver some pineapple guavas.  We then sat in her lovely backyard and chatted.   She and her husband have socially distanced dinners with friends once a week & they also hike every day with a group.
Our landscaper may start the installation next week!  I prepared a list of all the changes to the plans so he can bid it again.
Halloween decor in the hood.  They are social distancing!






Great salad using new vegan dressing!


I picked up pineapples guavas from the ground.  
I also submitted a complaint to Google Blogger about the lag in typing display.
I FT'd with my sister.  She reminded me that I could have socially distance dinners too if we wanted too!
10/14/2020.  I watered the outside plants today and trimmed a few of them.  I sent out the invitation to our club for the meeting tonight & attended it.  The topic was "First Job".  There were a lot of very interesting stories.
The husband and I took a ride downtown to see all the wine barrel parklets set up outside of many restaurants.  Some of them are decorated with lights & they all look very nice.
It was very hot today.  My Driver's License still hasn't appeared.
The husband's cacti blooms.  We hope they open this yar!

Roses still blooming!

10/13/2020. I called a few of the places that I thought might have found my Driver's License, but no luck.
I hiked with my friend at Picchetti Winery.  We found two geocaches.  He was very happy. 







 
When I came home, I prepared two packages  to return to Amazon, dropped one off at Kohl's and the other one off at the UPS store.  I also stopped at the vet to pick up some syringes for Annie LuLu to administer her medicine.  When I returned home, I had a big, lovely nap.  I FT'd with my sister and with my niece.
Dinner!

10/12/2020.  Wal-Mart was out of the bread that we needed so I cancelled the order via chat.  I placed an order with Safeway.  I also created a spreadsheet for all the requests I received for pineapple guavas.  I will process them in the order received.

I watered the inside & outside plants ๐ŸŒฑ.  The husband & I went to Safeway to pick up the order.  half of it was for another person.   I spent at least another one and 1/2 hours getting that corrected..
I FT’d with my sister & decided to return the 3 sweatshirts.   That will require a visit to Kohl’s and to the Post Office ๐Ÿคช ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช!
Wild Cottontail in our yard!
10/11/2020.  The husband and I walked in the hills (6.6K steps) to re-trace my path looking for my lost Driver's License.  Unfortunately, no luck with that!    I had a nice nap.  
The husband colored my hair ๐Ÿ’‡๐Ÿป‍♀️ today, Yah!!!!  I have no headache and that is real cause for celebration!  Our pineapple guavas are flooding in!  I put together our Wal-Mart order for tomorrow.



10/10/2020.  I had a great hike in the hills with my friend from square dancing.   She is a very kind, smart, & thoughtful person (steps=7.5K).                  
When I returned home, I noticed that my Driver’s license was missing.   I returned to the parking lot to look for it, but no luck ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ฌ.  I looked in the garage, the car, and my purse, no luck.   I FT’d with my sister.    The husband has agreed to hike with me in the hills tomorrow to look ๐Ÿ‘€ for it.

10/09/2020.  Today I was really tired and basically did nothing!  We discovered that the "bananas" we received were actually plantains๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด !  I put them on Nexdoor for free!

Plantains
Dinner
10/08/2020.  I had the appointment with Dr. Vaughan today.  He is so wonderful.  He examined my sinuses and said that there is no blockage, that he suspects he smoke is causing my headaches.  
I told him that under normal circumstances, I would hug him.  He said, since we are both wearing masks, I can hug him, so I did!
Afterwards, I went up to Stanford for my quarterly blood draws.  I came home & rested.  I had a shower and washed the clothes I wore to the Dr. and to Stanford.  I prepared this delicious salad yesterday!


10/07/2020.  I met with the painters.  They are finished & everything looks great.  I gave them some more pineapple guavas to take with them.
In between all of this, Stanford advised me that the insurance would not pay for the radiology exam today because it had not been a year.  I spent a lot of time attempting to reschedule both the exam and the Dr's appointment ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต! 
The husband's drapes arrived so we went over to his place and hung them.  He also shopped at Costco for us, we got home and unpacked all the groceries.  I placed an order at Wal-Mart and picked it up at 6:00 pm,.  After both shopping adventures, we wiped down all the products that needed refrigeration / freezing. 
Unfortunately, we were unable to get the full supply of bananas at either Costco or Wal-Mart.
I watered all the outdoor plants.
We listened to some of the Vice Presidential debates.  It FT'd with my sister.  We decided that the new headset did not work well.  I will return it.
I finished writing all my voter postcards today.
10/06/2020.  My round dance partner and I hiked at Pichettti Winery.  For the first part of our trip, we searched for a Geochache and found it!
The painters were here today and will be finished tomorrow.  I picked some more pineapple guavas.
I FT'd with my sister using the new blue tooth headset and showed her around the garden.  I also walked down the street with it.
Geochache



 View of Stevens Creek Reservoir.   Note how low the water is.
 Sunset


 Roses from our garden in October!



10/05/2020.  I finally got my appointment at Stanford for the bone density test.  They still had not received the results of my COVID-19 test, so I had it FAXed over.  I also made an appointment with Dr. Vaughan.  I stopped doing my daily nose rinses and I'm afraid the hole he drilled in my sinuses may have closed.  I signed up for yet another on-line health care system that services Dr. Vaughan. 
In between all of this, I worked with the painters to trim out the garage and sheds.  They both look great now.  
We had a very productive meeting with our landscape architect.  I wrote up the notes & action items & sent them.  I also picked more pineapple guavas.  I FT'd with my sister & at the same time we talked to my niece.
I had a nice shower & washed clothes.  I still have my headache.  ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•










10/04/2020.   The air is much better today!  I had a nice walk up in the hills with my friend from square dancing.  Later the husband and I had another walk (total = 10K steps).  I watered the inside and outside plants (in the dark).I'm very upset because I ignored my Phalaeonopsis and a few of the plants have lost leaves.  I hope they all survive.  I still have my headache today ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•.  I gave a bag of pineapple guavas to our neighbor.
10/03/2020.  The husband vacuumed the downstairs.  I helped him and "Bona'd" the hardwood floors and steamed the slate and tile.  
We picked up the pregnisolone pills from the vet.  Annie LuLu is doing very well with her output:  no diarrhea!  I had a nice nap.  I still have my headache today.  My COVID-19 test came back negative.  We are also still very upset that the President has tested positive.
10/02/2020.  The painters and I decided that the entire upstairs needs paining because the color is so very faded.   We are shocked at how the color faded over the past years. 
The painters finished the garage and the shed.  I decided that I wanted some of the trim painted, so I will work with the painter on that on Monday.I FT'd with my sister too.  I still have a headache ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•!



















10/01/2020.  Welcome to October.  The air is very bad today.  The painters arrived at 8 am, I left for my COVID-19 test and arrived there at 9 am.  The process is very well orchestrated and you remain in your car with masks on the entire time.  There are four stations:  one to check you in (appointment is required), 2nd one to give you the kit which is placed under the windshield wiper, 3rd is to have you self administer the test.  This was a bit tricky, but the very nice gentleman carefully walked me through it.  The 4th station is to give a thumbs up or down on how you rate the process.
Afterwards, I went to Lowes to get my pickup order.  When I came home, I napped.
I still have a headache ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค• today. 
The painters left early due to the heat and the smoke.  In the evening, I watered some of the outdoor plants.  I FT'd with my sister.
Annie LuLu FINALLY has normal output.  One of the new medicines the Veterinarian ordered appears to be working!  We are both very happy about that, & I bet that she is too.
We found out this evening that the President and First Lady have tested positive for the COVID-19 ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ!  
09/30/2020.  I picked up our Wal-mart order and the husband and I unpacked it. The smoke is bad again today.  
I FT'd with my sister.
I sent out the reminder for the club meeting, prepared pictures for my presentation (transportation), and attended the meeting.  The meeting lasted until 10 pm ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด.  
I watered some of the outside plants.
Due to the vice presidential debates next week, we will be skipping that meeting.
I still have a headache ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•today! 
09/29/2020.  I had a video appointment with my doctor.  He's ordered a COVID-19 test for me.  The presidential debates were today.  Basically the two candidates shouted at each other and gave many people a headache.
09/28/2020.  Our painter will begin on Wednesday, Yah!  We talked to my sister in law.   She is so happy in her new home.  We are encouraging her to take COVID-19 more seriously.  The folks up there are not practicing any social distancing except wearing masks when the stores ๐Ÿฌ require it.  We are horrified.   I called to make some medical appointments.  Unfortunately they asked if I had a headache ๐Ÿค• & I have had one ever since the issue with dehydration.  Now I have to take a COVID-19 test before I make my appointment ๐Ÿคช!  I FT’d with my sister.  Her brother in law calls her every Monday to discuss the weekend’s  football ๐Ÿˆ games!   She isn’t interested, but I am, so I’m a bit jealous.   I sent her the 3 D renderings we received from our landscape architect.   I watered some of the plants in front & deep watered the redwood, fig, & plum trees.  I also finished watering the inside plants. 
I baked bread this evening.  It is delicious.



09/27/2020.  I sent out the dance club invitation & watered most of my indoor plants.  I visited our neighbor’s yard to see her outside lights.   I do like them & will have them done in our yard too!  Her yard is so near & tidy & ours looks so messy by comparison.   I came home depressed.  I changed out & adjusted the sprinkler heads so they Would not spray the newly cleaned fence.  My new waterproof boots ๐Ÿฅพ got wet. However, I think it was because of water running in via my jump suit.  I took off all my clothes & washed them.  The husband cooked some delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ vegetables ๐ŸŒฝ & tofu! 
09/26/2020.  I had a great hike today with a friend from square dancing.  Unfortunately I was completely dehydrated & literally had to stop & sit on the ground.   I had a nice nap once I got home & recovered.  I FT’d with my sister.   She & my brother in law found a great restaurant in Placerville.  I watered most of the outdoor plants.  I used my new waterproof boots & I really like them!
The new Blogger interface was not working on the iPAD. Fortunately, some lovely soul out there posted how to revert to the old interface!  Yah!
Total steps today = 9.3K, almost 4 miles!





















09/25/2020.  We had a great meeting with our Landscape Architect today. She presented our new landscape in 3D so we could actually walk through it.  My husband was exhausted because I kept throwing out more and more possibilities! 
I picked up more meds for  Annie LuLu.    I worked on organizing some of my papers today.  I attended the Zoom meeting with the Katydids folks.  They are a great club!
09/24/2020. The husband & I decided that the old drapes were not salvageable.  I ordered some new ones & we picked them up from Bed, Bath, & Beyond.   They had 4 panels in stock & on sale.   We went over to the condo & hung them & they look very nice!   I ordered the remaining 3 panels for delivery.  I FT’d with my sister & had a nice nap ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ’ค! 
09/23/2020.  I finished writing out the rest of the 20 postcards and placed them in the mailbox.  I sent out the meeting notice for our club.  I set up Fototime with the pictures I wanted to share.
I ordered a pair of Merrell shoes, 3 sweatshirts, and a bluetooth earpiece for my phone.  They were all on a major sale  The shoes were $40 off!
I watered the outside plants  I attended the club meeting.  The topic was animals and we heard a lot of great stories.  I was unable to figure out how to share my screen from my IPAD, however, I brought Annie LuLu to the screen and she "Zoom'd" with the club.  I remained on the meeting afterwards and we figured out the screen sharing.  All told, I was on the meeting for 3 hours, but it was a lot of fun!
09/22/2020.  I was very depressed today.  The husband & I took a walk in the hills, I said a lot of prayers, and I felt much better!  I wrote out most of my postcards, but had to quit because my back was hurting.  
09/21/2020.  The husband & I went to Lowes to pick up our order.  We then went to his condo, hung the drapery panel that I washed and collected the other 6 drapery panels.  I napped, then installed 4 of the new sprinkler heads & adjusted them.  Unfortunately,  I got completely soaked again.  I ordered some waterproof boots from Amazon.
I FT'd with my sister tonight.  I washed clothes, & I'm soaking 3 of the drapery panels in sodium percarbonate.
09/20/2020. I sent out the invitation for our club meeting on Wednesday and worked on the sprinkler system.  The heads were drenching the newly cleaned fence & a lot of water was going on the concrete.  Of course, I got completely soaked, including my shoes.   I ordered some more heads at Lowes, and placed an order for some beautiful Angel cards & a watering can.  Why do ordinary watering cans cost $15??????  Yikes!!!
09/19/2020.  I was invited to become a director of the Santa Clara County Square Dancer's Association & I accepted.  I'm attempting to get the duties defined so that I understand them.  One of our cousins called and we had a nice conversation with her.  I picked up the Wal-Mart groceries
Annie LuLu seems OK today.  I wrote up the notes from our landscape meeting and sent them out.  I watered the indoor plants.
09/18/2020. I called Los Altos Vet. Clinic at 8 am this morning and Dr. Neal wanted to see Annie LuLu.  I roused the husband and we got her into the carrier, and I took her over there.  I picked her up at 1:30 pm.  Dr. Neal ran more tests and basically could find nothing additionally wrong with her.  Her weight is now up to 11 pounds!  In between, I had a nice nap.
We had a very productive meeting with our great landscape architect.  Afterwards, the husband took me for a neighborhood walk, 4.7K steps.  Then we made a very delicious dish of stir fried vegetables and tofu.
Annie LuLu Resting after her ordeal.
Tofu and stir fried vegetables

We are all very distressed to learn of the passing of the magnificent Ruth Bader Ginsberg at 87.   I attended the Katydids square dance club meeting.  They are a wonderful group.  I FT'd with my sister and finished washing the comforter.  I also placed a Wal-Mart order for pickup tomorrow.
09/17/2020. I had a great hike with my round dance partner.  I hadn't seen him in many weeks due to my injury and then the bad air.  We hiked at Pichetti Winery (today = 9.4K steps).  Afterwards, I had a very nice nap.

The air was wonderful today.


View of Stevens Creek reservoir from one of the hiking trails.

Close up of moss growing on a tree




















The husband & I had a great conversation with my sister in law.  She is very delighted with her new home & is getting a lot accomplished.  She delights in the many wild animals that surround her:  deer that she feeds including the fawns, etc.  We find it surprising that no social distancing is occurring there.
Unfortunately, Annie LuLu had two accidents and the husband & I are really worried.  I e-mailed Dr. Neal and she asked that I bring in Annie tomorrow, so I will.  I washed the sheet, soaked the soiled comforter, and ordered a bright yellow microfiber blanket to cover the bed. 
I also talked to my friend whose brother's home is very near the fire.  He has a massive amount of clean up to do even though his home wasn't damaged.  Refrigerators & freezers had to be discarded because all of the products in there were completely rancid.  Smoke permeated his entire home and it is going to take a lot of work to restore it:  painting, new flooring, new window coverings, etc.
09/16/2020.  I met with the painter this morning and signed the contract. They will start in a few weeks.  
I watered all the outside plants ๐ŸŒฑ & deep watered the rosemary, plum, fig, & redwood tree.  The drama is temporarily over at my sister's house:  the husband found the problem with the wiring and the fan ๐ŸŒฌ️ is now installed and working great.  Their new washed was delivered this morning and today she did 4 loads of laundry ๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘–.
I sent out the invitation for our club's meeting tonight and I attended.  It was a great meeting on best advice given or received.  
The air was wonderful today, an AQI of 6๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰! The husband took me for a wonderful walk.  I walked 6.5K steps today.  
The husband fixed a fabulous tofu and vegetable dish.
I also am getting very close to selecting a vendor for the raised garden beds.  I found a vendor in Utah that makes these beds for a very reasonable price!  
I FT’d with my sister a few times today.   We are worried about our cat ๐Ÿˆ because her appetite seems decreased.
Interesting potted plants along our walk


The husband like these flowers so we'll add it to our landscape plan

Dinner!


09/15/2020. The husband took me for a nice walk today.  I walked 6K steps today.  I watered all the indoor plants and made an appointment to meet with my selected painter tomorrow.  I FT'd with my sister today.  It is a zoo over there:  the brother in law is up in the ceiling balancing on the trusses, the sister is without her washer & she washes clothes at least once a day, and the son-in-law who is just recovering from COVID-19 is leaving on a bike trip next week.  Seriously ????????
Flowers along the walk







09/14/2020.  I sent out the meeting reminder for Wednesday. We had a meeting with our financial folks to review some data.  It went well.  I FT’d with my sister & showed her the piles of papers ๐Ÿ“  I made.   Now to process them!  I finally gave up on convincing Annie LuLu ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ปto willingly take her probiotics.   That cat is a true Diva!  I mixed it with water & we fed it to her using a syringe ๐Ÿ’‰!  It was no problem!  The air is very bad again today. 
We received this huge box filled with 4 9.8 oz of sweetener.  It was open so at first we thought that we'd been victimized by a porch thief.  Oh, no.


09/13/2020. The husband finished vacuuming.  I attended the round dancing zoom practice session.  I had a nice shower ๐Ÿšฟ & the husband colored my hair ๐Ÿ’‡๐Ÿป!  It looks really great!  The air is very bad again today!
09/12/2020. Happy Birthday to my husband!  Although we were confined to the house, he received lots of calls, texts, and FB posts.  Last night I started on a giant search through my desk.  I continued today & finally found the document for which I was searching (thank you St. Anthony).  The air is very bad today.  I FT'd with my sister & she & my brother-in-law called Randy for his birthday.  
My desk is much more organized, and needs many more hours of work.
My friend came over with some paste masks to mask Annie's probiotics.  We tried it and she wouldn't take that either.
09/11/2020. Today we remember 9-11.  I remember that morning just as if it was yesterday.  The air is very bad again today.  I watered all the outside plants then attended a fun Zoom meeting with Katydids.  
I started digging around my desk for a form that needs to be completed.  I was unable to find it and have created a huge mess.


Pretty wildflowers from our garden





















09/10/2020. My round dance partner called and we set up a walk for next week.  I filled out the 10 postcards to encourage folks to vote by mail.  I'm still corresponding with vendors on the "rust-looking" steel planters.  The husband & I went over to his condo.  Happily, we discovered that the light that was reportedly out is just fine.  The husband shopped at Costco while I waited in the car.  I FT'd with my sister twice.  Her washer went out and she has ordered a new one.  The cost to replace the mother board is half the cost of a new washer & it will be at least 1 month before it arrives!  
Our cat is refusing to take her probiotics ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜พ!
09/09/2020. Our internet, phone, & TV was down from 1:30 am to 10:30 am.  I called the service provider & they are crediting me $15, that is for two outages.
I met with a painter at 11:00 am to get another estimate.



I sent out the meeting reminder for our club and attended the meeting.
I worked with our landscape architect to straighten out the billing too.
I FT'd with my sister.
09/08/2020.  Charles finished the pressure washing today.  Look at these amazing before & after pictures.  We discussed sealing the fence & he indicated that it would cost a lot of money just to purchase the varnish.  Today it wasn't so terribly hot.

In the evening, I "tricked" the husband into taking me for a 1 mile walk in the "hood.  It was great getting out!  We walked by some folks that had two new planter beds installed.  We were in the process of carefully measuring them (on their property!) when they came out.  Fortunately, they are very nice people.  We told them where we lived & what we are doing.

I sent out inquiry letters to several firms that make steel Corten planter beds.


Flowers in the hood
09/07/2020. The gentleman came today to pressure wash our fences.  They look great.  At 3:30 this afternoon it was 104 degrees ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต!  I watered the inside & outside plants and we had a nice conversation with my sister in law.  She's loving her new home.
Annie LuLu
09/06/2020.  Happy 51st anniversary to my sister & brother-in-law!  I made them a nice on-line card.  It was 108 degrees here today!  
I attended an on-line round dancing class ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป.  
I washed 3 loads of clothes:  bedspread after it finished soaking, the husband's sheet, and my clothes.   The husband boiled some great corn 
09/05/2020. I trimmed the vines in preparation for the power wash of  the fences and watered all the outside plants.  I also am soaking my bed cover overnight.
09/04/2020.  I met with the gentleman today who is going to power wash our fences and the husband and I picked up the Wal-Mart order.  He wiped it all down and we put it away.  I made an appointment with a painting contractor to provide an estimate &I had a nap.  I  ordered some cloth masks for me & posted the condo for rent on Next-Door.
09/03/2020. Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿทto my sister.  We FT'd her today to sing Happy Birthday.  I'm sorry that I could not be there to celebrate at her party last weekend.  My husband and I went for two walks today 7K steps.  I paid the tree service folks.  They've done work here for years and "papa" came over to pick up the check.  It was great to see him.  
 Roses in the 'hood
I watered all the outside plants.  In the evening, I baked bread & placed our Wal-mart order.
09/02/2020.  I sent out the invitation for our club meeting today and attended the meeting.  It was quite interesting, the subject was "food".  The husband & I walked for a mile today again and I watered all the outdoor plants.  The air quality was OK.  I did more investigation on the material to use for raised planters & I believe I've found it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป!   I FT'd with my sister.  She reminded me that tomorrow is her birthday!  I made  a nice e-card for her birthday.  

The husband made us some delicious zucchini ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!
09/01/2020.  The husband and I went for a 1 mile walk today, YAH! The air quality was not the best, but we did it anyway.  I've been studying about raised planter beds.  I received the bid for the Corten planter, very expensive.  
The husband and I drove up to Redwood City to take his car for a drive and to get gas. I'm consider going with composite lumber for a fraction of the price.  I'll get the husband's opinion on the looks. 
I wrote out the 10 postcards to encourage people to vote.  I drew either a dolphin ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ or a turtle ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข on each one.  The dolphin drawings need improvement, but the last one was pretty good. 
Roses along our walk





















08/31/2020.  Happy Monday.
08/30/2020. I watered the inside & outside plants & deep watered the Rosemary bush.  I took additional pictures of the garden and added them to my album.  My sister & I FT'd and we went through the pictures.  I sent out the invitation for the Bows & Beaus meeting too.  There was a lot of bad air today again due to the fires.
08/29/2020.  I picked some figs for my friends & picked up Annie LuLu's prescription.  My sister FT'd me from her nice 70th birthday party.  I'm so sad to miss it ๐Ÿ˜ญ.
The air quality was terrible today.  I basically hid out in my bedroom:  unable to go out, garden, walk, etc, etc.




08/28/2020.  I got up early, showered ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿงฝ, and picked up our Wal-mart order.   A lot of the tree folks were here today.  The air was really terrible for most of the day.  We attended a meeting with one of our financial folks, then I napped.  I attended a Zoom meeting with the great Katydids club too.   They sure are wonderful!  I enjoy them very much.  The sister & I FT'd & I washed clothes.
 Here is the dug up front yard.
 The moon, with Saturn or Jupiter  Notice the orange color due to the fires.
08/27/2020. Some of the tree folks were back and dug up the entire front yard looking for roots.  He found some too!  Just watching this gentleman, Fernando, work made my back hurt. I repaired a lot of hoses in the back including a drip hose that the husband found in the front of the yard.  It is in perfect shape except for a crushed end (that I replaced).  We laid it around the redwood tree.  I deep watered the redwood, volunteer plums, and fig tree.  Our neighbor came over and picked more figs.    I placed our Wal-mart order for tomorrow & took some OTC meds for the pain in my back.
08/26/2020.   The tree folks were here all day again.   They are very hard workers!  After they left, the husband & I walked around to look at everything.   Also, I found a fabricator/welder to make my Corten planters ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!  I sent out the Zoom reminder for today’s meeting & attended it.   The CZU Fire ๐Ÿ”ฅ is now 21% contained & the weather is cooperating with the firefighters ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿš’๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿš’!
08/25/2020.  The tree folks were here all day, probably a crew of 10 at times!  These folks work so very hard!  I had a nice nap & did at least 45 minutes of desk sorting.  I talked to a friend whose brother is evacuated in Boulder Creek & it's not for certain that his house is still standing.
The air for most of today was very bad due to the fires.  However, it cleared up in the evening and the husband took me for a walk.  This is the first walk we've had in many days.
Huge black acacia tree roots were dug out!


The dying plum tree.  Very sorry to lose it too!


The dying fig tree.  I was very sad to see it go.

 The bunnies came back this evening.

















08/24/2020.  I didn't sleep very well at all last night. The tree crew came at 8:30 am.  There is a huge amount of work to do, see pictures from 08/25/2020.  So to comfort myself I ate lots of sunflower seeds & Cheerios.  As Dr. Phil says "and how did that work for you?"  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.  The husband made delicious lentil soup & tofu for dinner but I wasn't very hungry.  We also move the tomato plants out of the way of the tree activity.
The fires are raging and the air is terrible.  This is a picture of the orange moon.  I feel so very sorry for all the wildlife in the forests. 


08/23/2020.  The husband fixed us delicious vegetables and tofu.   Late this evening the nearby area was placed on "be prepared to evacuate" notice.  That is a warning to have all important papers packed, animal carriers collected, and be ready to evacuate.  Our cousin invited us (including Annie LuLu) to come and stay with them.  That is so incredibly generous.  We watched all night, but didn't need to evacuate.


UC Santa Cruz has been evacuated and the fire is very close to the edge of Santa Cruz.  It's so very upsetting.  The Big Basin state park historical buildings are all burned down  This is the oldest park in our state ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ.  I'm so fearful for all the wildlife in those forests as well as for the redwood trees that have been standing for 2,000 years!
08/22/2020.  I made the 2nd angel for my friends who lost their son.  I had a lovely conversation with my nephew. He is undertaking two classes as well as his full time job.  The husband took me to drop off the two angels to my friend and to their daughter, sister to the son who passed away.  I also did two bank deposits.  Because I forgot to press the "return card" button, the ATM stole my card.  Even funnier was that the ATM sent me an e-mail saying what it did ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ!  That's like a thief stealing things off your front porch and then sending you an e-mail letting you know.
I had a nap and later today talked to my friend.  Her brother lives  in Boulder Creek in the evacuation zone.  He has been entering the evacuation zone to water down his yard.  
Because they need 10 to 20 TIMES more firefighters ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿš’๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿš’ this is a common occurrence๐Ÿ˜ข.  We had bad air all day today until this evening when it finally returned to good.
08/21/2020.  I made a nice card for my friend's birthday๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ and texted it to her.  I also texted my nephew, whose birthday ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠwas yesterday.  I sang him a happy birthday message too. e
I watered the outdoor plants and attended a FT Zoom meeting with the Katydids.  They are such a nice club.
Final amaryillis belladonablooms of the year
The air cleared up in the late afternoon and the husband took me for a lovely walk to the end of the block and back.  I FT'd with my sister.  Her husband is having a real issue getting their new fan to work.  The sister reports that he was pacing the house for two days trying to figure things out and he finally called the company.  They are sending him a new receiver and a new remote control device.
08/20/2020.   Our next door neighbor came over to pick figs and apples.  I also gave her a copy of our landscaping plan.

The smoke cleared up in the afternoon and the husband took me for a walk.   I also sorted through my Swarovski supplies, made on angel, and gathered the parts for a 2nd one.  These are for my friends and their daughter who lost their son/brother.  I watered some outdoor plants.  I FT'd with my sister.
At 11:30 pm as I was all settled into bed to watch movies, the internet, TV, and phone all went down.  I kept checking it throughout the night even unplugging the controller.  Finally at 8:30 am the systems were restored.
08/19/2020.  I sent out the notice for the Zoom meeting tonight and attended.  The subject was opera / ballet / concerts.  It was 2 hours long.  One person went into great detail to describe  mathematics related to the strings on a violin ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต.  Afterwards, I FT'd with my sister.
Passion flower
08/18/2020. Is 2020 cursed?  Now we have a giant wildfire ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿš’ less than 10 miles from our home and the air outside is filled with smoke.   I finally caught up with my long time friend today and she told me that sadly one of our friends just passed away.  I also took our neighbor through the yard to show her the tree work.  It is very hot still (73) and we cannot open the doors to cool down the house due to the smoke. 
08/17/2020. I picked up our Safeway order and the husband wiped down all the products.  I found out that my spiritual mentor's son passed away.   He had basically been in a coma since April 24th.  I had a nice conversation with her.  Her daughter is staying with them for the week.
The husband took me for a nice walk and I watered some of the outside plants.  It was reasonably comfortable today!
08/16/2020.  I finished watering my inside plants and attended a round dance teaching class Zoom meeting.  I watered all the outdoor plants and the husband took me for a walk to the end of the block.  I feel so very stiff in my back and legs. I ordered at Safeway for a pickup tomorrow.   
08/15/2020.  My sister woke me up early this morning with a FT call.  I was worried that something happened, but she just thought I was up.  I went back to sleep  ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด and got up late.  I found 8 remaining muffins hidden in the freezer so I had one with lots of butter ๐Ÿงˆ.  I had a nap this afternoon, then the husband took me for a nice walk the end of the block.  I watered all my indoor plants & we watched a "so-so" movie ๐Ÿ“ฝ️ "Stealth" for our Saturday night entertainment
08/14/2020.  I had a nice refreshing shower ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿงฝ, then watered my outside plants while my hair dried.  It's very hot today ๐Ÿฅต☀️ The husband colored my hair ๐Ÿ’‡๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆฑ!  Then I attended the Katydids Zoom meeting, always a fun group!  The husband made my favorite dish, vegetarian chili with tofu and beans ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹.
I washed clothes and deep watered the front rosemary bush, the redwood tree, the fig tree, and the plum tree.  My leg was really hurting so I took an Aleve.  It was way too hot to sleep.  
08/13/2020.  We took the kitty in for her last B-12 weekly shot.
The husband shopped today at Costco and I helped him put the food away.  
I FT'd with my sister.  She swears that everything she hears during this pandemic is "deja-vu", ie she's already heard it.
It's my nieces birthday ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‚ today I sent her some nice birthday messages.
I also physically inventoried the Swarovski angel supplies and prepared an order for Rings 'n Things.  I'll finalize the order tomorrow.
Brilliant sunset this evening
08/12/2020. My cousin accidentally called me and we had a wonderful conversation catching up on everything.  The husband and I also called his sister to catch up.  She is still loving her new place ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป!  It took her so long to carefully plot out the logistics and she was so brave to do it.  May she have a long and happy life in her new home.
I sent out the invitation for our club's Zoom meeting tonight and I attended the meeting.  It was really a blast.  The theme was "memorable birthdays".  Everyone had some very interesting stories.
Then I made bread ๐Ÿž๐Ÿ˜‹ tonight & cleaned up all the dishes.  I FT''d with my sister too.


08/11/2020. I woke up this morning feeling so blessed!  No surgery, no stay at skilled nursing during COVID-19๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰!  I rested, iced the muscles, & watered the outdoor plants. The husband revised the backyard plan again & drew some more chalk lines outside.   I backed up my computer ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿ’ป too.   We got the final tree ๐ŸŒฒ bid too & we’re examining that.  There’s quite a difference in the bids.  I FT’d with my sister and e-mailed & texted quite a few others.
08/10/2020. I woke up at 6 am, on 4 hours sleep ๐Ÿ’ค!  I got to the doctor’s appointment early, x-rays at 8:30 ๐Ÿ•ฃ am, Doctor at 9:30 ๐Ÿ•ค am.   I saw the doctor ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍⚕️ at 10am.  The rod isn’t twisted ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ‡ & the bone is just fine! I had my sister phone ๐Ÿ“ฑ in to the appointment so she could take notes ๐Ÿ“ & ask questions. I have a muscular injury so the treatment is rest, ice, & Motrin or Aleve.  I’m beyond relieved ๐Ÿ˜Œ. I got gas ⛽️ at Costco.   I took off all my clothes and had another shower ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿงผ. Then I napped. The husband cooked a celebratory dinner: vegetarian chili with tofu & beans ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!  
Vegetarian chili with beans and tofu


Stanford Orthopedic, Redwood City



















The husband also revised the paver layout & drew chalk lines outside.  Later this evening,
I FT’d my sister to write down the notes ๐Ÿ“ she took during my Doctors appointment.  I washed all the clothes that I wore to the doctor’s ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍⚕️ appointment (for COVID-19 prevention).
08/09/2020. I checked in to my visit tomorrow with the orthopedic surgeon.  I watered all the inside & outside plants.  I also had a nice shower ๐Ÿšฟ ๐Ÿงผ & washed clothes.  I will be getting up very early for my appointment.  I’m trying very hard to stay off the leg spas not to further damage the twisted rod.  Because I was so nervous thinking about surgery & the subsequent stay in skilled nursing, I wasn’t able to fall asleep until 2am.
08/08/2020. The husband vacuumed all the floors.  I finished repairing the outside  sprinkler nozzle.  I talked to my spiritual mentor & friend and she gave me some very wise words:  Keep doing what you love (in my case challenging hikes) and whatever happened to you may have happened anyway (ie the final straw).  I FT'd with the sister.  My brother in law is making this fantastic cabinet for his grand daughter.  I just love it.
We got some "dead" tennis balls from our neighbor and the husband cut the slots in one of them and installed for me on my walker.
08/07/2020. I talked to my long time friend today.
08/06/2020. I picked up our Wal-mart grocery order & we took Annie LuLu in for her B12 shot today. My leg still hurts.  I'm now using my rolling walkers both inside and out ๐Ÿ˜ฅ.  I FT'd with my sister today and we talked to our cousin to wish her happy birthday.  I watered all the outside plants.  
08/05/2020. I made an appointment with Dr. Bellino today for my hurt leg.  I FT'd with my sister.  Happy birthday to my brother-in-law! ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ.    I also sent out the notices for our meeting and attended it this evening.  It was a great & interesting meeting (topic was horses).
08/04/2020. The leg still hurts.  I watered all my outside plants using my cane.
08/03/2020. I cleaned all the bathrooms today and used my new toilet bowl brushes.  Then I took a hike up in the hills and talked to my friend while on the hike.  Because it was getting to be dark, I did a  power walk probably cutting my time by five minutes. Unfortunately, when I got home, the leg that's been operated on twice really hurts  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ!
View from the hills

08/02/2020. The husband & I went to the Container Store for a touch less pickup on a milk crate we ordered.  He will use it as his coffee stand.
I watered the indoor and outdoor plants, we deep watered the pineapple guavas, and I completed the deep watering of the redwood tree.
My sister-in-law spoke with my husband today.  She really likes her new home! There are deer ๐ŸฆŒ wandering everywhere.
Annie LuLu getting groomed by her favorite person!


08/01/2020. Welcome to August!  The husband took me for a lovely walk around Shoreline.  However it was crowded and a bit scary.  I attended a round dance Zoom meeting, napped, and then attended a Zoom meeting with my friend to provide instructions on making Swarvoski angels. 
I've been studying about the Rain Gutter Grow System.  It's very utilitarian, but not very attractive!
Pears bagged


Shoreline pelicans & white egret



07/31/2020.  I had a nice shower ๐Ÿšฟ .  I met my friend for a walk in the hills.  We had a wonderful walk!  (11.4k steps today๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘). She is very crafty so she gave me some soap ๐Ÿงผ to make and I gave her a Swarovski angel kit.  We will do a FT call so I can show her how to make it. I picked up some more prednisone for Annie LuLu.   I watered my outdoor plants, deep watered the fig, redwood, and plum trees ๐ŸŒฒ & attended a lovely Zoom call.  The husband made us some fresh corn ๐ŸŒฝ on the cob  ๐Ÿ˜›!  I washed clothes & finally sewed ๐Ÿงต a button on the husband’s shorts ๐Ÿฉณ.
Views from the hills
07/30/2020. We took Annie LuLu in for her B12 shot.  She’s gained about .8 pounds!  A tree person also came over to look at the tree work that must be done ✅ prior to the landscaping project.  
We got an email from my husband’s sister.  She & her friend arrived at her new home ๐Ÿก & she likes it a lot!   Her new home is surrounded by lots of pine trees๐ŸŒฒ & wildlife!
07/29/2020.  The husband took me for a walk and this evening I walked again in the hills.  Total distance = 11.3 steps, 4.9 mi.  While on my walk I spoke with my sister.
The husband & I walked the yard looking at the tree pruning spreadsheet.  I had a nap and the husband shopped at Costco.  I sent out the meeting notice for our Zoom meeting tonight and also attended the meeting.  I watered all the outside plants.  I ordered a few items from Amazon today.  We finally heard from my sister-in-law.  They are almost at her new home.
Flowers in the hood


View from the hills

07/28/2020.  I slightly enhanced my drip system and planted the tomatoes I received from my friend.  I also made a spreadsheet of all the tree work that is required before the landscaping construction starts.  The husband made a nice plate of vegetables for us.  My sister-in-law and her friend have made it into North Dakota.  I FT'd with my sister.


07/27/2020.  We dropped off a letter at the post office & picked up some more antibiotic for Annie LuLu.  My sister-in-law and her friend are on their way to her new home!  It's been a long process.  I walked up in the hills, around 8.2K steps.  I FT'd with my sister.

View from the hills













































07/26/2020.  I picked up our weekly grocery order at Wal-mart.  The husband wiped it down and we put away all refrigerated items.  
I sent out the invitation for our club's Zoom meeting on Wednesday.The husband vacuumed the downstairs.  I "Bona'd" all the hardwood,  and steamed the slate and the downstairs bathroom floor.  I watered the inside and outside plants.  I had a nap & walked 6.3K steps just in doing all that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป!

62 Amaryllis Belladonnas in bloom (Naked Ladies)












07/25/2020.  I walked through the landscape with our wonderful neighbors.  They liked the plan.  The husband & I are going to get some removable chalk to mark things off.  I napped.  The husband made steamed vegetables & tofu ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!


07/24/2020.  The landscape contractor came today to give us a bid.  We still have a few changes we need to make.  I had a great walk with a friend from square dancing up in the hills.  She is in fantastic shape, much better than I, and she is a great hiking partner.  We plan to do it again next week.
07/23/2020.  The husband took me for a nice walk today.  One of the neighbor's grape vines is quite productive.  We took Annie LuLu in for her B12 shot, then I napped.  I watered the outdoor plants and walked 6.3K steps today.




07/22/2020.  My round dance partner & I hiked at Pichetti winery today.  It was a great hike:  perfect weather, no spills or slips and a nice hiking partner.  I sent out the reminder for our Zoom meeting today & napped.  I had a brief conversation with my sister.  The topic of tonight's meeting was "encounters with fame or famous people".  I chose the time I won the hula hoop contest on a cruise with 23 hula hoops.  I was crowned "Queen of the Cruise" and everyone had to bow to me and make noise whenever they encountered me for the rest of the cruise.  It was great fun!  I scanned in the pictures showing me with the 23 hula hoops & my crown!
I attended the Zoom meeting and shared the pictures.
The husband is concerned I'm losing it because we have so many lights in the yard!
View of Stevens Creek reservoir from the trail
07/21/2020.  The husband took me for a nice neighborhood walk, 6.5K steps today.  I had a lovely nap, watered the outdoor plants, and FT'd with my sister.  
07/20/2020.  I picked up our Safeway order, the husband wiped down the food that needed to be refrigerated / frozen. We called one of my husband's long time friends and unfortunately she has been having a lot of physical problems.  We both feel bad about that.  I had a nice nap, then my longtime friend visited.  We had 4 cubes of butter to give her (Costco).  We walked around and I showed her the landscape plans.  She had great suggestions.  We also picked her 2 oranges from "Carnival", the tree my Dad planted.  I had a nice walk in the hills, 10.2K steps today.  Unfortunately this evening, Annie LuLu's diarrhea returned ๐Ÿ˜ฅ!  We were on track to make 4 days in a row!  I also am deep watering the redwood, fig, and plum trees.
View from the hills

 Deer, taken through my windshield

Annie LuLu resting on her Dad's feet




















07/19/2020.  I had a nice walk with the husband today.  I peeled off to get 7K steps in today.  I had a nap, watered all my outside plants, and am deep watering the redwood, plum, and fig trees.  I had a nice conversation with my friend also.  This is the 3rd day in a row that Annie LuLu has NO diarrhea.  I placed our Safeway order & a Wal-mart order.
Flowers in the 'hood

07/18/2020.  I had a nice nap, watered all the indoor plants and  took myself for a walk in the hills (8.2K steps.)  I talked to my sister & brother in law during my walk.  LuLu has been diarrhea free for two days now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป!

Views from the hills



07/17/2020. I had a nap. We received Annie LuLu's gastrointestinal panel. The recommendation is for B12 shots.  She has pancreatitis and some flora in her intestine.

I attended the Zoom meeting with another club & then took the husband for a walk.   I FT'd the sister too








07/16/2020. I  met with the landscape  contractor this am.  He had some really great ideas!  I napped ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด, the husband shopped at Costco & I helped him unload.  Costco now has masks in stock! My personal, in-house, very handsome hairdresser ๐Ÿ’‡๐Ÿป‍♂️ did my hair today.   It looks great ๐Ÿ‘! I FT’d with my sister, then walked ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♀️in the hills.  Total steps today = 10.5K.  I also talked with my sister while on my walk.  I also watered the outdoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ. My back hurts so I’m resting!


Views from my Hills walk






07/15/2020.  I sent out the reminder for our Zoom meeting tonight.  I had a nice shower  & attended the Zoom meeting.  It lasted for 2 1/2 hours!  I showered๐Ÿšฟ & washed clothes.
07/14/2020.  I cleaned up the rest of the dishes from the bread making project and installed the Windows update on my computer.  I'm feeling low because of the results from Annie's tests .... "one day at a time" ......
07/13/2020.  I took Annie LuLu in for her ultrasound today.  We received the report and there's some scary things noted in the report, namely an abnormality in her pancreas.  Her vet has her on two types of medicines:  an antibiotic and a steroid, prednisolone.  She is in the hands of God.  We were unable to pick her up until almost 4 pm.  If we were not having COVID-19 precautions, I would not be leaving her alone at the vets.  
I watered the outside plants and made my special bread.  
Roses at vet's office





Mixing bread & Annie LuLu

07/12/2020.  I didn’t sleep ๐Ÿ˜ด well last night.  I picked up our Wal-Mart order today.   I’m disappointed that they didn’t have the brooms ๐Ÿงน in stock.  Annie LuLu’s diarrhea is worse ๐Ÿ˜”.  I take her in for the ultrasound tomorrow am. 
I sent out the invitation for our Zoom meeting on Wednesday.
The husband & I took his car for a drive.  We dropped off cat food to a cat rescue organization.  Then I took myself for a walk ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♀️in the hills, 9.3K steps.  I talked to my sister while on the walk.  
I’m very grateful that I finally heard from my friend who is sick.   My friend is getting stronger every day ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!



07/11/2020.  I watered the indoor & outdoor plants.
07/10/2020.  I rested all day today, attended a Katydids Zoom meeting & then the husband took me for a short neighborhood walk.  (4.7K steps today). We saw a kitty ๐Ÿฑ “Tito” who used to visit our yard frequently.  Now he has a new friend just a few doors away from where he lives.   We talked to his new human friend & he is spoiling Tito.  Tito has his own cat door as his new friend’s home so he comes & goes as he pleases! I got a Wal-Mart order together for pickup later this weekend.
Sunset



07/09/2020.  The husband took me for a short walk to limber up.  I was very sore from yesterday's hike. I rested today because I'm sure I got heat stroke yesterday.  I continued studying Mono earpieces & watered all the outdoor plants.  The husband made some wonderful Amy's soup with tofu ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!





07/08/2020. I went for a hike with my partner at Pichetti Ranch Preserve.  We had a great hike. However, I slipped on the downhill at least 3 times and my elbows, knees, and hands are scratched up.
Unfortunately, after getting in my car, I realized that I had dropped my blue-tooth earpiece somewhere on the trail. It was high noon and very hot,  I decided to retrace my steps to attempt to find it.  This was not a good decision.  I was so weak and tired that at many places along the trail I sat down in the middle of the trail under shade to rest,  The sides of the trail were full of poison oak so resting in there was not an option.  I eventually made it out.  Walking distance = 3.6 miles, 9K steps.
When I returned home, I sent out the the B&B's Zoom meeting notice and helped a friend recover his hard drive.  I then had a nice nap. 
I spent the rest of the day studying mono earpieces.  I also attended the Zoom meeting & FTd with my sister.  I also deep watered the redwood, fig, and plum trees.
My hiking partner and interesting looking blooms:  chaparral clematis or Clematis lasiantha





07/07/2020.  I got up late.  The husband took me for a walk in the hills this evening 8.3K steps today.  I also watered some of the outdoor plants & the fig, plum, and redwoods trees. 
Large hare / jackrabbit we spotted in the hills











07/06/2020.  I did not sleep well last night and got up really late. We received Annie LuLu's X-ray results:  nothing unusual.  I've scheduled her for an ultrasound.
I disputed the American Standard Water Heater Anodes charge through my charge card and they settled it!  
I washed rags, I know, how exciting.  The COVID-19 test results came in for my nephew in law:  he has it.  I'm both sad and upset ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฅ.  I have a lot to pray  ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป for right now. 
I also studied how to build a cage over our fruit trees.  A friend of mine sent me detailed instructions from a friend of hers and I did some additional research.  I've got the plan now!  Anxious for next spring so I can protect the cherries ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ from the birds!
07/05/2020.  I replied to all the folks who responded to our fourth of July greeting, then had a nap.  I sent out the invitation for our B&B's Zoom meeting on Wednesday.
I watered all the inside plants then the husband took me for a nice walk in the hills.  We visited the farm implement museum and saw this beauty.  We think it may have something to do with wine because it has a motor and a large barrel.  Today's steps = 8.2K.
I also watered all the outside plants.



My sister let me know that my nephew in law is likely to have contracted COVID-19  ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฅ.
07/04/2020.  I got up late then napped.  It was nice to hear from so many people in response to our 4th of July holiday greeting.  I returned the Amazon collapsible sacrificial anodes at Kohls, had a lovely shower ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿงผ, and washed clothes.  The husband and I watched a weird movie, “I know what you did last summer”.   This movie definitely had a high body count
07/03/2020.  I picked up the grocery order from Wal-Mart so we are well stocked with food ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, I had a lovely walk up in Los Altos Hills, attended a Zoom meeting, and had another walk with the husband. Total steps = 10.2k today.  I sent out our Fourth of July holiday  greeting ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ.  I talked with my sister while on my walk.  We received some very bad news about the relative of a friend ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข.  I prayed for a lot of people and animals on my walk.
07/02/2020.  Today was Annie LuLu's vet appointment to check up on her continuing diarrhea issue.  The vet is using all touch less protocols.  The vet threw me a curve ball by asking me to leave Annie there.  We always accompany her at the vets.  I picked her up at 3:30.  She is 14 years old and I'm quite stressed about her condition.  The vet will have the test results tomorrow and then we will plan a treatment.
The husband & I had a Zoom meeting with the landscape architect & finalized the plans.  I’m very happy with it & when is sending it out for bid!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
The husband shopped at Costco.  He said this was the worst he's every seen it with  people crowding him and each other, and picking over all the fresh fruit!  
I had a nap, finalized our Wal-Mart pickup order & I watered the outside plants.
Cute kitty sculptures at the vets

07/01/2020.  I sent out the reminder for our club Zoom meeting.  I updated the plant list to select a few different plants based on our landscaper’s suggestion.  I attended see some of the Zoom meeting, the took an evening walk in the hills, 9.1 K steps today.  I’m so worried about Annie LuLu. She threw up on the blanket this am.  I’ll take her for her appointment tomorrow am.
06/30/2020.  The husband decided to clean our back deck (long overdue).  I offered to mix up some sodium percarbonate (pure "Oxy-clean).  He says the cleaning solution helped a lot.  I napped.  I FT'd my sister and also talked with a friend.  I updated the plant list per the landscape architects questions.
Deck, before & after pictures!




















06/29/2020.  I met my round dance partner at Rancho for a hike.  It was very crowded. We ran into a lot of other friends there also.  One of them, friends of my round dance partner, joined our hike.  Today's steps = 13.6K or 5.6 miles!
I took care of 3 items including making an appointment for Annie LuLu.  She is still suffering from diarrhea.  I deep watered the fig tree, plum tree, and redwood trees.  I washed and dried some of Annie LuLu's towels.
06/28/2020.  The husband vacuumed the entire house.  I installed our new smoke / CO detectors.  I "Bona'd" the downstairs hardwood.  I attended a lovely, virtual memorial service for our friend, Bryce.  It was attended by at least 200 "virtual" people.  He was so beloved and so very smart.  It is amazing how much I did not know about him.
I watered all the inside plants and had a nap.
My friend who is sick got more bad news:  Pancreatitis & gall bladder stones.  Fortunately, this person is still in the hospital where they can be treated. 
I finished the review of the planting list and e-mailed it off.
Blooming African Violet
Phaeleonopsis with cute little dots
06/27/2020.  I got up late, napped, & had a nice conversation with my friend & spiritual mentor.  She is so uplifting.  I watered the outside plants ๐ŸŒฑ.  I review the planting list for the landscape plan twice & will review it final time before sending it off.  The husband & I watched an old, but excellent (scary) movie, “Seven” with Brad Pitt,  Morgan Freeman, & Gwyneth Paltrow.
 Flowers from our garden

06/26/2020.  The husband took me for a short, but nice walk in the hills.  I napped then attended a Zoom square dance call with a great club.  The husband & I took another nice walk in the 'hood.  Today's mileage = 8.5K steps.   FT'd with my sister, then filled out an required farm survey.  
Flowers & painted "Pandemic" stones along our walks









Phalaenopsis blooms from the pup!  I love the random purple spots!

06/25/2020.  I picked up our grocery order from Wal-mart.  It's all good, except I was hoping to get some rubbing alcohol to sterilize tools to trim our pear tree.  I don't have much rubbing alcohol left.
I watered the front plants.
I chatted with American Standard Water Heaters regarding my refund.  No answer yet.  If necessary I'll dispute the charge through my credit card bill.  I've prepared extensive documentation to illustrate that I only received one rod.
I napped, then the husband took me for a nice walk (6.1K steps today).  I watered the rest of the outside plants.
Lavender plant, the bees love it!
 Lavender, lots of honeybees
Roses on our walk


 Roses in our garden

06/24/2020.  I didn't sleep well at all last night.  The ring device was going off every 1 minute most of the night!  It was probably a spider web causing it.  I made sure to clean it off this am.
The husband took me for a nice walk in the hills.  It was a very challenging hike.  We had to hurry to return because our wonderful plumber was expected between 12 - 2.  I walked 8.3k steps today.
That brings me to the great sacrificial anode caper.  The plumber, who is extremely experienced and competent, was unable to find the location of the sacrificial anodes.  I called American Standard Water heaters and the technician told us where it is.  Basically, getting to them required major disassembly of the hot water heater!  I said, no, let's not do that.  So then they drained it and opened the clean out window (see picture below).  Unfortunately, they were unable to remove it.  It had either melted or was glued in.  Then one of the screws had been forced in, see picture below, and they were unable to put it back in.  Oh, and the American Standard Water Heaters sent me only one anode instead of 2.  Now it will be a fight to get my money back.  I submitted all the paperwork to them.

We also finalized our Wal-Mart order.


View from our walk today
Sculpture on our LAH walk
 The great sacrificial anode adventure
 The great sacrificial anode adventure ruined screw original installation

06/23/2020.  My round dance partner called, and it was great talking to him.  They are social distancing, like we are.  
The husband and I did two months worth of CC reconciliiation.  The husband & I picked up Annie LuLu's renewed prescription & I ordered her favorite food for her.  Then I napped.  I found out my friend who recently had surgery is now hospitalized due to a lot of bleeding.  We are praying for her.  The husband took me for a short walk and I put together a Wal-Mart order.  My anode rods from the manufacturer arrived too. 
06/22/2020.  The husband got me up early and we had a nice ride.  We visited the bay and the duck ponds.  I wiped down one of our outdoor motion lights because it was staying on last night.  That appears to have fixed the problem. Then I had a long nap & took myself for a 10.3K step walk in the hills. I prayed, so many things to pray for!  The walk was very lovely.  I talked to my sister and niece while I was on the walk.
I watered all my outdoor plants & placed the order for the replacement CO/smoke combo detectors.
Pictures of our plums




 Painted rocks up in the hills












 Roses in our yard

06/21/2020.  Happy Father's Day.  I sent out Happy Father's Day texts to several fathers.  I sent out the club meeting notice for Wednesday.  For some reason, I was depressed today. I ordered some mats that the husband will place under all the sinks just in case there's a leak.  The plumber recommended this. I napped.  The husband made delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ soup with tofu.  I  then worked out in the yard.  I bagged all the pears so the various critters would not consume them.  Working in the yard cheered me up!  Both the husband & I picked plums and they are wonderful.  There are some volunteer plum trees way in the back of the yard and the plums are small yet so sweet. 
I FT'd with my sister this evening.  She too is bored.  All of us who are sheltering are very bored!
I updated the FF web site.
Bagged pears!


 Pomegranate blooms, so pretty, but strictly ornamental





Roses from the garden


06/20/2020.   I FT'd with my sister.  I used 409 again on the marks on the baseboard in my bedroom and the marks mostly came out.  I napped, then watered all the inside and outside plants.  
I updated the FF web site.  However, FF is not re-opening in July, but in August so I will need to change it.
Then I dug out wedding and reception pictures that had pictures of my Dad.  I made a lovely Father's Day collage for him and posted it on FB.  I miss him every day.  Happy Father's Day, Daddy ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—!
Roses from the garden





 Beautiful sunset


06/19/2020.  We got awakened at 8 am by a beep-beep-beep sound.   Turns out one of our CO & fire detectors reached end of life.  We struggled to remove it from the ceiling, then figured out the problem when we replaced the battery & the beeping continued.  For now it’s out of service with the battery removed.  I went back to bed until 12:30 ๐Ÿ•ง!  I cleaned up a spot on the carpet, steamed the living room & bathroom, & used 409 cleaner to remove marks around the light switch fixtures.  I walked 8.3 k steps, & prayed ๐Ÿ™✝️ during the walk.   There’s so much to pray for right now.  
Flowers along my walk


When I returned home ๐Ÿก, I  attended a Zoom meeting with a great square dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป club. 
I FT’d with my sister.  After studying the water heater situation I decided to get flexible magnesium anode rods & ordered them.  I researched methods of removing the old anodes so I could advise the plumber ๐Ÿ”ง. We have a busy household!
The country is a confusing place .... there’s a lot of sensitivity around names of places & of foods.  Many changes are being proposed. 
06/18/2020.  The husband & I met the plumber ๐Ÿ”ง at his condo & he fixed a leak under the sink.  We also installed the shelf & shelf edge that I repaired. Then I napped ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด & watered all the outdoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ.
Rose in our yard

  
06/17/2020.  I sent out the Zoom meeting๐Ÿ’ป reminder ⏳ to our club members .  I finalized the order on the anode rods & I had a lovely shower ๐Ÿšฟ The. the husband colored my hair.  I took myself on a long walk 8K steps mostly because I have a lot of people that need my prayers ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™.  
Flowers on my walk






I attended the Zoom meeting then washed & dried laundry ๐Ÿงบ.
06/16/2020. I also contacted our water heater manufacturer to order the anode rod (many phone calls!)  Hopefully I'll close out on this task today. I watered some of the outdoor plants and waited for the plumber ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿ”งto text us back.  Turns out he will need to see us on Thursday.
06/15/2020.  We called the husband’s doctor ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍⚕️ & was able to get another small bottle of eye drops to finish his treatment.  The husband & I drove to pick it up. I napped ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค, then the husband took me for a walk, 7.5k steps today.  I finished deep watering the trees ๐ŸŒฒ, & also watered ๐Ÿ’ฆ the plants in front.  Annie had a bit of diarrhea so we decided to start her on the medication the vet sent.
06/14/2020.  I talked to my dear friend & spiritual mentor.  She & her husband have had a few medical ๐Ÿฅ problems lately.  He was actually hospitalized due to a very high fever ๐Ÿค’. They ran every possible test & could find no cause.  I sent out the Zoom meeting notice.  I napped๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ’ค , repaired a few hoses, & cut the old ones up to be placed in the trash.  I did more gluing on the husband’s projects.  I looked for a replacement “u” strip but have been unable to find anything that’s affordable.  I deep watered the plum, fig, and redwood trees ๐ŸŒฒ & also washed my gardening clothes.
06/13/2020.  I woke up early this am overhearing the husband talking to the countertop installer about the plumbing problems & that he ran out of Teflon tape.   I got up & said let’s go over there with tape.  We did.  I unfortunately, the plumbing under the sink is still leaking.   
Beautiful cloud formation 

Since Annie LuLu had a vet appointment, we came home.  I took her in along with a sample output.  The vet’s office is practicing social distancing so the office picks up the cat & takes her in while I wait.   The vet came out to talk to me & basically doing nothing amiss.  She will run tests on the sample & sent me home with some medicine in case Annie’s diarrhea returns.  Annie is a vet certified diva ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿป‍♀️ ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜น!  The vet said that we she came in, Annie was out of her carrier & waiting on the exam table very “Princess” like, probably waiting for her faithful servants ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚!  Annie LuLu was happy to get home. Both the husband & I napped.  The husband took me for a nice walk.  Today I walked over 10K steps! 


Flowers along our walk




I watered all the inside & outside plants ๐ŸŒฑ .  I watched 1/2 of the Kenny Rogers biography again.
06/12/2020.  We worked at the husband’s condo for a few hours.  The new counter tops are great.  I tested all the appliances that were removed & reinstalled.  Unfortunately, I found a leak under the kitchen sink.  I contacted the counter top owner & he’ll be there tomorrow.  I was able to repair a kitchen hinge so that the cupboard door now closes correctly.  This repair knowledge came from Google of course!  The husband found some things left behind by the previous tenant so we dropped them off.  We took home a few things to be glued. I had a nap ๐Ÿ˜ด, FT’d my sister, then watched the Kenny Rogers biography. It was wonderful, he was a great entertainer ๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽธ! I didn’t sleep well again.  I also washed & dried some of the clothes I wore over to the condo.
06/11/2020.  I wrote the notes ๐Ÿ“ to accompany the angels & packaged ๐Ÿ“ฆthem.  I went to the post office๐Ÿ“ฆ to mail them & when I returned, I placed all the clothes in the washer & showered ๐Ÿšฟ.  Then I had a nap ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค.  I finished watering all the outdoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ , washed & dried the clothes.  I also made bread ๐Ÿฅ–.  Using the all in one gluten free flour I’m unable to get the bread to brown. I increased the temperature from 325° to 425°. To remedy this, I put it under the broiler for 4 minutes.  I’m unable to figure this out because this did not happen when I used my flour mixture.  The bread is delicious.



06/10/2020.  I sent out a reminder for our Zoom meeting tonight. The husband took me for a walk: today 6k steps. I watered most of my outdoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ & attended the Zoom meeting.   I FT’d with my sister.  Our cousin contracted COVID-19 & my sister has been around him.  I’m very concerned for her & my brother in law.  I talked with a cousin regarding a special prayer request for her.  I found boxes for my 4 angels & will write the notes ๐Ÿ“ & mail them tomorrow.
Big parade of cars all over town to celebrate the 2020 grads from various schools.  They were honking and having a great time!  It was very fun to celebrate with them!



06/09/2020.  I picked up another food order from Safeway. I napped, then  dug up cherry tree roots, weeded and watered a few plants. I also attempted a hose repair with leakproof tape, but it didn’t hold.  I will simply replace the hose end. While I was outside, I FT’d with my sister.   The husband cooked some delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ corn ๐ŸŒฝ.  I washed my gardening clothes then made 4 Swarovski angels that need to be mailed in the next few days. 

06/08/2020.  I sent out the Zoom meeting notice for our Bows & Beaus club.  I cleaned off my desk a bit, then walked over to my friends.  She gave me some of her lettuce & I gave her 4 of my Dad’s oranges ๐ŸŠ. Later the husband took me for another walk, total distance 7.4k steps.  

The husband & I went over to see the counter top progress. All the demo is complete & the place was left very tidy.  I finished watering all the outdoor plants.   I prepared another order at Safeway because the husband is out of salad ๐Ÿฅ—.
06/07/2020.  I watched the great video my cousin assembled for her daughter’s graduation ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐ŸŽ“.  It was really great seeing all the family on the video.  I watered some of the outdoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ & repaired a soaker hose.  It leaked in another place so I will replace it.  
06/06/2020.  I picked up our Safeway order today.  It’s Saturday & the place was mobbed .... no more Saturday pickups. I placed an order with Amazon after discovering I’m out of Vitamin D!

06/05/2020.  The husband and I visited the Tile & Stone Central  shop today to select a  countertop for his condo.  I really liked the proprietor.  This evening we received the bid & decided.  I also napped.  The husband took me for a walk, 5.4K steps.  I told the husband that tomorrow is for me so I can garden outside:  NO CONDO BUSINESS!!!!  I watered all my indoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ.  The husband & I prepared some words of wisdom for our cousin who is graduating ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐ŸŽ“ high school.
06/04/2020.  It is hot ๐Ÿฅต again today, but cooler than yesterday.  We called our cousin who just lost his wife.  I also called my friend who lost her husband on Monday.  My other friend came over to get a container of disinfecting wipes.  It was great to see her.  The husband took me for a nice walk, I walked 5.8k steps today.  
The husband cooked us delicious corn ๐ŸŒฝ on the cob ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹from Costco.  I finalized the Safeway order.  I also received not good news on the medical front from one of my cousins ... I hope everything goes well for her.
Pictures from our walk


Pictures from our garden


06/03/2020.  It is very hot ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต again today. I sent out the reminder for the B&B’s club meeting.  I set everything up for showering ๐Ÿงผ๐Ÿ’ฆ& then headed over to Stanford for my blood ๐Ÿฉธ draw.  On the way in they give me a disposable mask ๐Ÿ˜ท & asked questions to determine if I was infected with COVID 19.  When I returned home I put all my clothes in the washer & showered ๐Ÿงผ.  I watered all my outdoor plants, deep watered the redwood, fig, & plum trees ๐ŸŒฒ, FT’d my sister & washed the clothes. The results from the blood ๐Ÿฉธ draws arrived & my blood sugar was 56 (way too low)!
Picture from our garden

06/02/2020.  It is  very hot ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต  today.The husband assembled his new week wacker.  He's not sure that he likes it.    I watered some of the outside plants.  I The husband shopped at Costco & I helped him to wipe down the groceries that needed to be refrigerated & frozen.
I was notified that one of the member of our square dancing club passed last night.  I was very sad about this all day & hid out in my room.  I worked with his wife and I sent her a condolences e-mail.  They were just on our club Zoom call last week! 
Protests continue across the United States and the world about the killing of George Floyd.  I'm very sad about this too.  My own mother suffered in a much smaller way from discrimination when she was in school.  That was because she couldn't speak English & she wore hand made clothes!  Now, children are encouraged by their parents to be bi-lingual and hand made clothes are cherished.
The husband made vegetarian chili with tofu and beans.  I saved mine for tomorrow.
Passion flower in our garden and e native bumble bee on our blackberry flowers
06/01/2020.  We unpacked the decontaminated supplies from last week's shopping excursion to the Home Depot.  I installed two of the three faucet back flow preventers & changed out the set screw so it can be easily removed.  I broke the set screw from one of the devices accidentally.  It is impossible to get out because it is hardened steel.  I tried to drill into it and didn't get very far.  I also covered a few of the connectors to the new drip hoses to prevent them from being chewed upon by squirrels.  The husband took me for a nice walk 5.8K steps today.
Rose in our yard ..... climbing rose that I made into my wedding bouquet!
05/31/2020.  I stayed up too late last night again watching a movie, Bridesmaids.  It is a cute comedy.  The husband and I met his tenant over at the condo to do a walk-through.  She left the place VERY clean.  Once I came home, I placed all the clothes in the washer and had a lovely shower ๐Ÿšฟ.  
Afterwards I had a nap.  I did some research for the husband on counter tops.  A previous manager painted his formica counter tops & the paint is wearing off.   It really doesn't look very good.  I suggested that he ask our property manager for her advice & guidance.
05/30/2020.  I watched a move until all hours last night.  It was quite excellent, with Diane Keaton, "Poms".  I got up to administer the husband's eye drops then went back to bed until mid-afternoon.  I had my special once a week treat of sourdough bread & butter.
Then I drilled out the 2nd faucet back flow preventer.  I carefully followed the instructions so that I wouldn't damage the faucet threads, & yet I did slightly damage them ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ☹️.  I'm now convinced that it is nearly impossible to remove these devices without damaging the faucet threads.  However, this faucet too works well, with no leaks, finally!
The husband & I went for a walk, and I peeled off to get additional steps in.   Today's total step count is 6.5K.
I watered the inside & outside plants & washed our "rags" & mop-heads.
The protests in cities across the US about the killing of George Floyd continue.  They are less violent because many cities have called in the National Guard.
Flower in the neighborhood.
05/29/2020. I picked up our grocery order from Safeway.  Everything was there except the broccoli slaw.  The husband wiped down all the food requiring refrigeration & we left the package food out in the garage for a 3 day decontamination.  I had a nap & then the husband & I ventured off to the Home Depot to pick up our order.  Unfortunately, we were parked at the wrong location.  We kept calling the store and no one seemed to be able to get in touch with the pickup people.  Once we found the location, it was EZ-PZ.  We left the order in my car for decontamination.  I worked on getting one of the faucet back flower preventer's in the & finally succeeded.  It required a lot of drilling, one broken drill bit, and some "liquid wrench".  Unfortunately, I slightly damaged the threads on the faucet but luckily the hose still seems to screw on successfully.  Here's what the removed back flow preventer looks like.  Bear in mind that these devices are KNOWN to fail in 5 to ten years so breaking off the screw is crazy (but per municipal code)!  The folks in the on-line plumbing forums have a few choice words for these devices ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ค!  I carefully studied these forums on how to best remove them, because I have one more left to go.



The husband & I went for a short walk.
The protests in cities across the US about the killing of George Floyd continue.   A few of them have turned violent & deadly ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข.


05/28/2020.  I got up relatively early today to administer the husband's eye drops in advance of his appointment.  We also took a tour of the yard so he could show me some ideas.  Finally, he moved the ladder & I climbed up it to take pictures of what the neighbor is doing in the back yard:  building an elaborate pizza oven!
I had a nap, then a nice walk.  I tweaked the Safeway order & placed a big order with the Home Depot.  I attempted to get the faucet back flow preventer off my drilling a slot on the top of the broken-off screw for a screw driver & then attempting to unscrew it.  No dice.  I'll need to do it the hard way.  I had a very nice walk, 5.8 K steps today.  It has finally cooled off significantly.
There are protests in cities across the US about the killing of George Floyd.  A few of them have turned violent & deadly ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข.
Rose from my "bridal" bouquet.  The tussock moth caterpillars munched on all the other blooms ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’.

Flowers in the neighborhood






05/27/2020.  It’s hot again today.  I got up late & sent out the reminder for our Zoom Bows & Beaus meeting,  The husband got up at 6 am, went for a walk & a bike ride, watered the pineapple guavas, & vacuumed the downstairs.  I attended the Zoom meeting.  Everyone seems to be staying active & well.  The husband & I vacuumed the two downstairs carpeted rooms, then I “Bona’d” all the hardwood.  I also finished deep watering the fig & redwood trees ๐ŸŒฒ.  
There are protests in cities across the US about the killing of George Floyd.

05/26/2020.  It is hot ๐Ÿฅต today, over 90!  I got up late, walked 6.4k steps today, watered all the outside plants ๐ŸŒฑ & deep watered the plum, fig, & redwood trees ๐ŸŒณ. I submitted our grocery order for this Friday’s pickup.

There are protests in cities across the US about the killing of George Floyd.
Flowers in the neighborhood.

05/25/2020.  It's Memorial Day.  I sent out the reminder of our square dance club Zoom meeting in the morning.
Normally, I go to Golden Gate National Cemetery to participate in the service, however,  it's cancelled due to Covid 19.  So the husband & I went to the Veteran's Administration Hospital in Palo Alto.  The California Air National Guard 129th Rescue Wig did a fly over to honor health care workers, first responders, and essential personnel in the front lines in the fight against COVID-19.  They flew all around the bay area.
HC-130J Combat King II aircraft, accompanied by 2 HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopters







After all this excitement, I napped.  Then I took myself on a walk, 5.6K steps.  The husband made us some nice vegetables for dinner!






Later, we heard about the horrific killing of George Floyd.  Like most Americans, I am very upset.  This racism in America has got to stop!

05/24/2020.  I got up late again.  Then I watered all the inside & outside plants.  I verified that it is the backflow preventer attached to the front hose bib that is leaking.  The sister & I FT'd.  She is quite involved in this "nicest cat" contest.  Fortunately, there was a tie between her cat, KiKi, and her grandaughter's cat, Jasmine.  There were some threats which I reported to the contest organizer on FB ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ .
05/23/2020.  I got up early to feed Miss Annie LuLu, then went back to bed until noon!  Here is our special Deva.  

The husband drove me to make some deposits, then to Redwood City to fill up his car.  We  saw the infamous broom and sprayer that got stuck under my car when I was last there to get gas.  Neither of us can figure out how it got lodged under under neath.
I also refined my Home Depot order.  However, after driving by today, I decided to wait to place the pickup order.  Meanwhile, I was able to find some hose washers among my supplies, installed it and determined that wasn't the problem.  The problem is the anti-siphon valve is leaking.  The set screw was deliberately broken off (per code) and a drill has to be used to remove it.  I watched you tube videos and I think I know how to remove it.
Costco was very crowded, but no wait lines at all.  We drove back through Main Street and that didn't seem so busy.  I believe people have stopped sheltering in place.
I also made gluten free Irish Soda bread.  I haven't made this in many years & completely changed the recipe.  It is delicious, but didn't turn out to be as brown as it was before.
05/22/2020.  I picked up the groceries from Wal-Mart.  I also had an order from Safeway later in the afternoon.  (My neighbor told me about the Safeway pickup option).  So what we didn't receive from Wal-Mart, I added to my Safeway order and picked that up.  We are well stocked with food now!
I  talked to my cousin twice today.  He sent me pictures  of the mountain lions that live right near his daughter.  One of her neighbors had a mom and two of her cubs playing on someone's patio!  Mountain lions are truly beautiful creatures.  His daughter, my cousin, has lots of deer that frequent their property too.
We also talked to our friend who is getting a divorce.  She is doing as well as can be expected.
The husband took me for a nice walk today.  I walked 6.6K steps.  I watered all the outdoor plants & the new tomato seedlings I got from my friends. 
05/21/2020.  Today was a rest day.  I picked up some tomato seedlings from my friend and got a tour of their garden.  It is amazing.  The entire backyard is filled with vegetables mostly grown from seed and the front yard is filled with rivers of blooming flowers.
I watered the seedlings when I got them home.  The sister & I FT'd.  I completed my Wal-mart order for tomorrow and also placed an order with Safeway.  I also backed up both of my devices.
05/20/2020.  I send out the Zoom reminder for the Bows & Beaus Zoom meeting.
The in-house, very handsome Swedish hairdresser did my hair today.  It looks very nice.  I watered all the outdoor plants and finished a 3 hour deep watering of the redwood tree.  I attended the Bows & Beaus zoom meeting tonight.  It's great to "see" everyone.  A lot of people are doing amazing things like hiking & biking for 4 hours every day, hiking 10 miles to the top of Mount Umunhum.  I'm going to encourage the husband and I to walk there.

Cherries, getting perfect for the birds!  Here's another passion flower bloom.






















05/19/2020.  The husband took me for a nice walk. I peeled off and at the end of the day I'd logged 6K steps.  When I returned, I fed my Dad's clivia.  I FT'd with my sister.  I certainly need to reduce the quantity of food I'm eating & tomorrow's another day!
Some flowers seen on my walk today.  


05/18/2020.  I tested the computer backup & it was fine.  I called Dr. Vaughn's office & he said I had to continue my sinus rinse for the rest of my life!
The husband & I walked with our friend.  The husband peeled off after a while & my friend & I continued. We walked  4 miles.  By the end of the day, I've logged over 10K steps, 4.9 miles.  
I was exhausted when I returned home, ate, and had a lovely nap.
In the evening, I watered all the outside plants, and deep watered the fig,  plum, and redwood tree.  I updated all the finances & sent out the invitation for the Bows & Beaus Zoom meeting on Wednesday.

Lots of beautiful flowers on our walk.





Rhodedendroms in my friends yard.  She has a beautiful garden.
F





I love this cute phalenopsis flower that bloomed on the pup.  The dots are adorable!

05/17/2020.  I got up late.  I watered all my indoor and a few of my outdoor plants.  Our sweet great nephew called to FT!  The husband told him all about the skunk that wandered through our back yard last night.
I called 4 of my friends today to check in and chat.  I've noticed that the female friends who are single are having a tough time.  I'm grateful for my husband ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ!
I backed up my computer.
05/16/2020.  I stripped the bed today, washed the bedding & another load of clothes.  The husband decided to climb up on the roof outside our master bedroom and blow off all the debris.  This meant that I was removing screens and handing him things.  I walked 3.5K steps just doing that!!!


He also removed a few of the thousands of Tussock Moth Cocoons near the rafters.
Dinner!
05/15/2020.  I picked up this weeks groceries from Wal-Mart ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฝ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ–๐Ÿ“. I watched a  season 1 of a vampire  ๐Ÿง›‍♀️ ๐Ÿง› series “True Blood”.  It is full of blood ๐Ÿฉธ & x-rated scenes. However, I jumped ahead to the final episode & I don’t like the way it ends. The ending made the whole series seem pointless.  I had a nice shower ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿšฟ , walked 2.7 miles, zoomed with one of the square dance clubs, & FT’d with the sister. 
Flowers seen on my walk


Huge native bumble bee on our blackberry flowers
Dinner ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!
05/14/2020.  I got up late & then had a lovely nap.  The husband & I made steamed vegetables & tofu.
I repaired the hose leading to  one of the soaker hoses & also repaired the 1/4" drip lines.  The squirrels chewed many holes in the 1/4" drip lines.  I need to figure out how to attract them to something else to chew on.
I updated the Wal-mart order for pickup tomorrow. I started the process for the financial matter.

05/13/2020.  I sent out the reminder for the Bows & Beaus meeting.
The husband & I called his cousin and her daughter.  This is the husband & daughter of the cousin who passed away last Saturday after an accident.  They were very happy to talk to us  Here are the flowers we sent.  

The garbage disposal fix worked!  I don't have to "unfreeze" it with the hex wrench every time I use it.
Also, I was finally able to install all the patches to my computer.  I really need to move over to the new computer.
I cleaned all the bathrooms.  Unfortunately, the new toilet bowl cleaner I ordered turned the toilet bowls PURPLE ๐Ÿ˜ก.  I then had to get on my knees and scrub off the stains with pumice stone.  I wrote a unhappy review about this on the site where I purchased this.
I watered all the outside plants.  I attended the Bows & Beaus meeting.  It's great to "see" everyone.   Afterwards, FT'd with my sister.

Pictures from  our garden:







Cherries:  we will not get any!
05/12/2020.  The husband ventured out to Costco and bought us lots of food, including 2 containers of Vanilla Ice Cream ๐Ÿจ for himself.  The refrigerator & freezer are stuffed.  
Tonight's salad ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹: 

Our financial analyst called with some suggestions & I will implement those.
One of my Windows 7 updates failed & it appears that this update has failed across the board.  I really need to get up on my Windows 10 computer ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช!  
I attempted to repair the garbage disposal.  After using it once or twice, it just hums.  I "unlock" it with the hex wrench, and the next day, the same thing happens.  I unplugged it, reached down in to make sure there was nothing jammed in there, crushed ice cubes, and poured in hot water with dish washing soap.  We'll see.
I FT'd with my sister & washed & dried the clothes that the husband wore when he shopped at Costco.
05/11/2020. I FT'd with my sister.  My brother-in-laws treatments are well underway.  He has 6 1/2 weeks to go. I ordered a nice bouquet of flowers for our cousin's family. I made a few business phone calls today, mainly to attempt to get a price reduction on some utilities.  I did get a price reduction on one, $10 plus per month  ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฒ!  I napped (too long).
The husband cooked vegetables & potatoes with tofu ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹! I also worked in the garden, then washed my gardening clothes.



05/10/2020.  I had many bad dreams last night & work myself up screaming. 
Happy 23rd anniversary to us! I got up early and sent out Happy Mother's Day texts & e-mails to about 5 people. I FT'd with my sister this morning  The husband gave me a very nice card.  I napped & then we went for a lovely walk, almost 6K steps.  I watered all the indoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ.
Flowers seen on our walk:


Flowers in our yard:


05/09/2020.  I sent out the obituary for our former work colleague to other of my former work colleagues.  The husband took me for a walk. I peeled off so I could get more steps in.  I swung by the Terraces where I stayed when recovering from my femur and saw one of my Occupational Therapists, Marilyn.  We had a very nice chat.  She is very religious & I asked her to pray for our cousin. I walked just over 5K steps.  When I got home, I found out our cousin had passed.  We talked to both her daughter & to her husband.  It is very sad as she is only 66 years old.  Naturally, we are both quite upset about this.
I washed clothes.  I also sent out the action items and notes to the husband & the landscape architect..
This evening, I made a collage with pictures of my Mom & posted it for Mother's Day.  I also made & posted a picture of us on our wedding day.
05/08/2020.  I drove the husband to his doctor for the post-surgery checkup.  Unfortunately, I left without my phone and waited for over an hour.  I finally left and called the Doctor's office to tell the husband to call me.  At that point he was done so I returned & picked him up.  When he cam home, he showered again & we washed all his clothes.  As e was doing this I left o pickup our Wal-mart groceries.  Everything is fine except I didn't get any salad! I'm figuring out what to do about that.  The husband wiped down all the packages for the refrigerator & freezer.  We left everything else in the garage for decontamination.  I also learned that a work colleague has passed.  I watered all our outside plants & fertilized my Dad's  clivia.  It is very hot today
I had a lovely shower๐Ÿšฟ .    Then the husband & I had a Zoom meeting with our landscape architect.  The plans look great.  We have a few action items to complete. At this point I was exhausted & had a nap.
The husband made steamed vegetables for us ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!  I played around with the background for my blog, but did not achieve the result I was after.
05/07/2020.  The husband had his 2nd cataract surgery today.  When he came home, he showered ๐Ÿงผ & we washed all his clothes. He seems to feel ok, but his eye does hurt a bit.  
I had a nap ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด.
I ordered a lot of decaf coffee today because it's on sale!  I FT’d with my sister.
I worked in the yard cleaning up the blackberry bushes.  I washed his robe & my gardening clothes.
05/06/2020.  I sent out a reminder to our club about the Zoom meeting tonight. 
We received some very bad news today.  The husband’s cousin, who is a competition level roper, was bucked off her horse on Saturday. She was OK.  Then at 2 am, her husband heard her cry out his name. When he went to see her she was unconscious.   apparently, she had a massive stroke.  She is now in the trauma center at a local hospital.  We talked to her husband & daughter today & they will know more later. I did a few gardening chores to take my mind off of this & participated in our square dance Zoom call (2 1/2 hours).  It was nice to see everyone.  I FT’d with my sister to let her know about the husband’s cousin.

Notice this huge flying bee? on the Iris.


05/05/2020.  Happy Cinco de Mayo during Shelter in Place.  I was exhausted from yesterday's yard adventures and slept in way past noon.  However, my weight this morning was excellent! I FT'd with my sister while eating breakfast (a banana) in bed.  The husband took me for a very nice walk.  Although he peeled off, I walked 6K steps today, 2.5 miles.  
I did a little bit of yard work, and cut up about 150 feet of the old soaker hose that we removed.
I also received another e-mail list and spent some time merging it with the one I had to send out to the square dance club for Zoom meetings.
Flowers seen on our walk:




Flowers in our garden:


Dinner Salad


05/04/2020.  I found out today that one of our OLF classmates passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack.  I found a picture of him that I took at the class reunion 6 years ago and sent it to my OLF schoolmates.  Another of my schoolmates called me also to let me know.  I had loss touch with this person, but I remember that he was very cute!
The husband and I worked on the CC receipts, & I have a lot of work to do to correlate them.  I washed the husband's gloves again in Sodium Percarbonate & Wisk because they are still dirty.
Then, the husband suggested that we lay out the soaker hoses.  That was interesting.  The 1st one was easy & the husband helped me with that one.  Then, I discovered that was yet another sprinkler head that  BEHIND the blackberry bushes.  I climbed behind the blackberry bushes and got the 2nd one hooked up & the husband helped me wind it around the rose bushes.  We turned it on to test it & discovered that there was yet a 3rd soaker hose hooked up to a 3rd sprinkler head.  By this time, the husband was exhausted & left.  I then pruned my way through the blackberries to the 3rd sprinkler head.  I jury rigged something so I could lay out the 50 feet of soaker hose behind the blackberry bushes.  I also discovered that the 1st soaker hose kept popping off because I had used the wrong connector๐Ÿ™„. I corrected that, tested everything and all is good.  By this time, 4 hours had passed & I was exhausted.  The blackberry bushes have wicked thorns so I was scratched through my heavy duty overalls on my arms and legs.
While I was doing this project I was meditating on my OLF classmate who passed.  He would have been only 74 years old.
The husband saved some delicious vegetarian chili with tofu for me.  I washed our yard clothes & went to bed!

05/03/2020.  I watered the orchids, the upstairs plants and all the outside plants.  I worked in the garden clearing out the weeds from the vegetable patch.  I'm almost done with that project.  It's very tedious because I had to follow every weed to it's root & dig it out.  It's very hard on my back.  The husband & I made delicious vegetarian chili with tofu ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹.  I was cold so it felt wonderful to have a hot meal.  I washed the gardening clothes & also some of the husband's gloves.  I also sorted some of the papers on my bed.

Weeding continues
05/02/2020.  I watered the downstairs inside plants.  I sent out the Zoom meeting notice for the Bows & Beaus club.  I also  updated my inventory to reflect my most recent order of Swarovski beads & I put them away.  It's great to have my craft room in order.
I posted a new notice about the extra boxes of hair coloring product & got two takers.  One person has already picked up her box & the 2nd person will pick hers up tomorrow.
05/01/2020.  Happy May 1st!  I picked up this week’s order of Wal-Mart groceries this morning, EZ-PZ. The husband wiped down the refrigerated & frozen food & we left the rest out in the garage for decontamination.  The husband & I walked 2.2 miles today, over 5k steps.  I napped ๐Ÿ˜ด.  The husband & took his car for a drive & I dropped off one of my extra boxes of hair coloring product.  The Katydids club had a Zoom meeting also & it was fun to see everyone.   The husband cooked some great vegetables ๐ŸŒฝ for dinner & I made a nice salad for myself.


 I sorted through about 1/2 the stack of magazines on my bed ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.
These are some flowers we saw on our walk today.
04/30/2020.  Today was a rest day.  I washed all the towels to prepare to clean the bathrooms  tomorrow.  I also watered all the outdoor plants and deep watered the redwood tree, the fig tree, and the plum tree.  I will finish watering the redwood tree tomorrow.  We completed the grocery list for the Wal-Mart pick up tomorrow.

Pile of weeds pulled from vegetable patch                                                          Newly cleared old vegetable patch                
04/29/2020.  I finished the repair of the drip irrigation system and did major weeding of that patch. That required digging out the drip lines from under 3 years of weeks.  Some of the drip lines were quite buried and encased in tree & weed roots. The husband and I pulled out the old soaker hose from behind the blackberries and around the roses.   We will install the new soaker hose tomorrow.  The old soaker hose is full of holes, probably chewed on by squirrels.  
We talked to our friend who is planning to get a divorce and move.  It's quite a stressful time.  I napped, then went out and weeded again.  I'm pretty sore.  I then steamed the front room slate so I could wash the micro fiber cloth on the steamer attachment.  I washed my gardening clothes too.  The husband filled up the hole for the very back repair & helped me prepare for the installation of a new soaker hose.
The husband's tenant is planning to move and we are getting ready to deal with that.
04/28/2020.  I got up late.  Our hairdresser ๐Ÿ’‡๐Ÿป‍♀️ called us today & it was great to talk with her. I had a nap, then started the drip ๐Ÿ’ง system repair. This area is completely overgrown, having not been touched since my accident in June 2017. The drip system was buried under a ton of weeds ๐Ÿ™! I completed about half of the repair & will finish the rest tomorrow.  I also laid out a new soaker hose because the one currently  installed in the back is leaking & damaged.  The husband & I will replace it tomorrow. 
I FT’d with my sister also & washed 3 loads of clothes.
Here's Annie LuLu!

04/27/2020.  The husband & I began the tedious process of picking off the tussock moth caterpillars ๐Ÿ› that are crawling all over our house.  The problem is that they then make these horrid cocoons that are difficult to remove. Both the caterpillars ๐Ÿ› & the cocoons can cause skin irritations so they have to be handled with gloves.  Last year I actually hired a worker to do the removal.  
I had the husband take a picture of my hair in the sun & I decided it was too red.  I’ve ordered another color & listed the 3 unopened boxes on  Nextdoor for free.  I have one taker.
We had the club’s Zoom call this evening.  It seems like everyone else is so productive: baking, caring for a  friend, cleaning out closets & garages, exercising, making masks for hospital workers, gardening etc.  I feel very unproductive by comparison!
The husband made this delicious๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ tofu and vegetables!

04/26/2020.  We had a family zoom call today.  It was rather disappointing  because several members decided not to participate๐Ÿ˜ข!   I finished the repair of the sprinkler system.  My handsome new Swedish hairdresser ๐Ÿ’‡๐Ÿป‍♂️ colored my hair. It looks very nice!   I watered my inside & outside plants ๐ŸŒฑ.  I also sent out the Zoom invitations for our Bows & Beaus check in meeting tomorrow.


04/25/2020.  My sister gave me an orchid in 2018 & it bloomed many times.  Then, it formed a pup on the end of the bloom stalk and now the pup has bloomed.  The bloom has these adorable purple spots!  The original blooms were only white.



I secured a Wal-Mart time for next week and placed a preliminary order. The husband & I went for a short drive including downtown Castro Street & by TJ's.  TJ's had a 15  person line waiting.  I also FT'd with my sister.  She explained that the meeting with Dale's family was very last minute.
I napped, then worked out in the yard. The husband hack-sawed off the rebar & I pounded some of it further into the ground. It's at least 20" deep. I also finished the repair of the sprinkler system & am leaving it overnight to dry.  

I have cages  protecting the ginger plants from our cottontails๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ.  Unfortunately, the bunnies reach right in and chew the tender leaves.  So, I surrounded the cages with chicken wire (recently removed from the back garden).

Here are pictures of flowers blooming in our yard. 



04/24/2020.  The husband found more sprinkler drip hose in the de-constructed back vegetable garden.  I removed the useful parts.  I also did some more digging in the hole near the rebar, and discovered again that the rebar cannot be extracted.  It's pounded down into another hollow pipe.  I finished weeding around one apple tree and continued to weed around the orange tree.  That is a big job!
I came in for a square dance Zoom meeting, but couldn't get on.  The computer of the person hosting the meeting crashed.  Then I found out my sister was in a Zoom meeting with her family & I felt sad ๐Ÿ˜ข that I had not been included.
04/23/2020. The husband and I vacuumed all the downstairs wood & slate floors & I "bona'd" all the hardwood.
I turned off the sprinkler system.  It had activated one of the zones under repair and a lot of water ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆwas wasted.   The husband removed all the wire and the weed blocker from my previous vegetable garden.  I dis-assembled the drip irrigation system to salvage some parts.  I weeded & watered all the outdoor plants.  The orange tree is blossoming and it has this incredible scent.  The apple trees are also in bloom as is Philadelphus Mock Orange.  This plant also has a delicious scent.  
The husband brought all of our quarantined packages into the garage.  We’ve dated the arrival of each package so we know when we can remove it from quarantine.
I FT'd with my sister this evening.  We talked about all of our orders.  She is now fully stocked with toilet paper ๐Ÿงป & paper towels ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป!  
I washed all the gardening clothes and the drip irrigation parts that I salvaged.







04/22/2020.  The husband and I vacuumed all the carpets except for the Master Bedroom.  Unfortunately, in the middle of vacuuming, the power roller stopped working with the red light displayed.  I dug out the manual, disassembled it, cleaned it, and voila!  I was very happy to have it working again.  We completed the project.
I worked outside to attempt to dig out a buried piece of rebar in the back near the old vegetable garden.  It is firmly in there inside another pipe.  We are going to simply hacksaw it off.  I started the repair of the sprinkler system, but will not complete it until we have dealt with the rebar.
I weeded a bit & went to bed permanently at 9:00 pm!  I did not get up until 10:00 am.  I worked very hard yesterday.
Here are pictures of flowers from the garden.





















04/21/2020.  I picked up the $70 order from Wal-mart this morning & the husband wiped everything down.  I then had a  very long nap ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด.  I changed into my garden jumpsuit & weeded some more.  The husband & I started to deconstruct the little garden I had in the back and unfortunately we broke off a piece of the sprinkler system.  I don't think the repair will be very difficult.  The husband made delicious lentil soup with tofu.
I washed clothes including my gardening clothes & FT'd with my sister. 
Here's a picture of the rotating mail decontamination station he has set up outside.  We let mail sit outside for 3 days so he rotates the mail boxes appropriately.
  

04/20/2020.  I got up late then had a nap. I weeded today.  I did not expect to do very much, but I ended up weeding for a long while and in my "good clothes".  I have bites all over me.  We had a Zoom meeting with members of our square dance club & next week we'll invite the entire club.  It was fun but it's my experience that after 45 minutes these quality of these meetings deteriorate.





Wedding bouquet roses







Dad's orange tree is loaded with oranges this year

The husband made these delicious vegetables with tofu ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ !

04/19/2020. I watered the upstairs plants today, the redwood tree, the fig tree, and the plum tree.   The husband took me for a big walk:3.8 Miles, 8.7K steps.  We called my friend from outside her house and she walked home with me.  That was fun. I tried to get rid of the Tussock caterpillars ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ›, but I think they climbed back up the wall! I called my dear friend.  She & I usually meet for a walk every Sunday & I miss her ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜”.
I had a nice nap ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค.  
I received my 4 packages of Stevia, and unpacked one. I also unpacked, installed, and tested the new TP Link USB port extender.  With it, I was able to test the DVD also.
I have a long way to go to get this puppy fully configured.

I





04/18/2020.  We had a family Zoom meeting to catch up.  I napped, walked for 7K steps (3.2 miles), watered the downstairs plants & all the outside plants, and began a deep watering of the redwood tree.  I also helped to organize our square dancing Zoom meeting for next Monday.  There are gorgeous flowers in our garden and along my walk.

In our garden

In our garden
In our garden





04/17/2020.  I napped ๐Ÿ˜ด, walked 6.6k steps, & attended a virtual square dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป class.  The husband made delicious tofu with pinto & garbanzo beans ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹. I cleaned all four bathrooms and washed the rags.  My sister & I FT’d too!












04/16/2020.  I didn’t do much today except nap ๐Ÿ˜ด.  I prepared some questions for our wonderful, CPA.  I definitely overate today:  I got into the peanut butter filled pretzels ๐Ÿฅจ ๐Ÿฅจ๐Ÿฅจ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!
04/15/2020.  I picked up the groceries at Wal-Mart today at 7:00 am ๐Ÿคช! Then I returned  because they gave us 4 boxes of orange frozen ice cream  bars that weren’t ours.  The husband wiped everything off.  After that event I had a big nap ๐Ÿ˜ด.  
We took a little drive & visited his friends who live in the ‘hood.  We had a fun “socially distanced” visit & exchanged tips on where to find groceries & supplies.  We will visit them again!
Then I was able to help a friend figure out how to insert pictures into her e-mail messages.  That was a fun project.
I watered most of the outdoor plants ๐ŸŒฑ & the husband made a delicious tofu & bean dish๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!  The sister & I FaceTimed & talked about groceries, toilet paper ๐Ÿงป , & disinfecting wipes & where to procure them!


04/14/2020.  My sister's in-home stylist colored her hair and it looks very good!  The husband took me for a medium size walk today 4.5k steps.  We added a few things to our Wal-Mart grocery order.
My niece sent me a wonderful card & a great blouse ๐Ÿ‘š for my birthday๐ŸŽ‚ ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ!
04/13/2020.  I got up late and napped today,  We had a great Zoom meeting with some square dancing friends. It was wonderful to "check-in" with everyone.  Two of our callers were on the line too.  I finally got the greeting cards processed & put away so the husband is happy about that.  The husband & I broke into the big jar of peanut butter filled pretzels while we were watching TV.  
04/12/2020.  Happy Easter Sunday ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ‡!  This is a very difference experience in that we are self-isolating.  I received a lot of nice Easter wishes from friends & family & posted pictures of all of my niece's bunny cakes on Facebook.  
I finished watering my indoor plants and a few outdoor plants.
I responded to folks who replied to our Easter greeting.
The husband and I had a brief walk today.  I FT'd with my sister too.
Azalea from my sister. 
She wanted me to throw it away!
At one time it looked quite dead!



04/11/2020. I got up the first time too early.  The husband had a class at Stanford today.  We had a really nice, long walk, 3 miles today.  I  had a too long nap today.  I watered the downstairs plants & the husband & I watched a documentary movie on the history of Legos.  Wow, so many people from all around the world are building amazing things out of Legos.  I also looked for a tie for the husband's hair, but it is not yet long enough to be tied in a pony tail in the back.

I sent our our Easter / Passover greetings this evening.  It was challenging to decide what to write in this time of COVID-19 and social distancing.


04/10/2020. I got both front tires replaced today and had a nice walk in the neighborhood near America's tires.  They provided great service.  Then we had a family check in call.  It took us a long while to work through all the technical Zoom issues.

I had a too long nap.  I decided I'm going to make some Irish Soda Bread, and ordered some supplies for it.  I've also checked my current inventory of supplies.  While they are old, I believe they are still good.


I sent out an Easter / Passover / Ramadan greeting to my square dance classmates & we decided to have a Zoom meeting next week.  It will be fun! I FT with my sister in the evening.
 04/09/2020.  Today I determined that the gash in the sidewall could not be repaired.  I called three places to get tire bids & I found one that had the identical tires as what I already have on my car.  I'm getting two of them.  Their website is a bit clumsy but I finally got them ordered on-line.  They will be in tomorrow.  The husband & I took a short ride, I napped and dreamed about a friend who has recently passed away.  I'm quite sure it was him visiting me, same MO:  he looked about 50, looked great & healthy, and was very well dressed.

The husband cooked some vegetables & we both stayed up late.
I FT'd with my sister a few times today.  We did some joint shopping today.
04/08/2020.  Happy Birthday to me! ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿซ!  Today is my birthday & as my husband said when I told him my age "Wow, that's a big number" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ!
I did the Wal-mart grocery pickup today.  It went perfectly.   Unfortunately, the things I tried to get for my neighbor were not available ๐Ÿ˜ž.  The only thing on their list that arrived was soy milk.  
We however received ice cream for the husband, salad, 2 loaves of gluten free bread, ruffles for the husband & many other goodies.  Tomorrow I will have to sort out the cost.
Then we picked up the husband's car.  I believe they exercised real caution in servicing it.
It's the first service he's had in 6 years!
Following that we drove my car up to Redwood City to get gas at Costco.  The reason was just to bring the car out on the road to get everything moving.  The husband & I were prepared with gloves & disinfecting wipes.  We got the gas, no problem.  Just as I was pulling away, we heard this horrific noise from underneath the car.  It turned out to be a push broom and sprayer (like the one below) stuck under the front passenger's side near the wheel.  We couldn't find a jack anywhere at Costco so we called Honda Car Care.  They dispatched someone very quickly & within 10 minutes, the car was free.  Neither my husband or I know how this could have possibly happened.  Since the gas tank is on the driver's side, how did this get stuck clear over on the passenger's side????
In retrospect, I believe it was a miracle.  There was a large gash in the tire that I would never have noticed.


In our garden











Unfortunately, I missed my birthday walk with my girlfriend.  One of our lovely neighbors gifted us with a package of 20 face masks.  She also somehow knew it was my birthday!

After I got home I had some bread & butter. Unfortunately, I dropped & broke my favorite little "sauce" dish in which I melted the butter.  It usually would not be a problem to pick up a replacement, but these days with no in-store shopping, it is
A friend from my days living in Santa Cruz called to wish me a happy birthday and we had a long conversation to catch up.  He is doing very well!  My niece, my nephew-in-law, great nephew, and the dog FT'd me to wish me happy birthday too!  My sister & I also FT'd several times today.
04/07/2020.  Today was a great day. The husband & I dropped off his car & then drove through downtown Mountain View  Afterwards, the husband took me for a very long walk.  Altogether, I walked 4.4 miles today ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♀️!



Azaela given to me by my sister.  It  looked quite dead & then perked right up!

I've been working on a Wal-mart grocery cart for several days & I got a time slot today! Then I reached out to several neighbors to see if they wanted to add anything & one of them did.  I added their things to my order, and got the car trunk prepared. I processed some packages & mail that completed the COVID-19 quarantine process.  The husband & I weeded in our poppy patch.
I napped then cleaned all four bathrooms (sinks, mirrors, and toilets only).  It didn't take very long.
I had a nice shower and washed clothes.
04/06/2020.  Our wonderful neighbor offered to pick up some food today at DiMartini's Orchard. She got us 2 bunches of bananas ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ & some non fat yogurt.  We went back & forth about me paying her.  She then admitted that she put the receipt in her dryer to sterilize it and it came out in pieces ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ!  She did allow me to pay her!
Remains of dried receipt
The husband called & made an appointment to bring in his car. The owner has a lot of COVID-19 safety precautions in place .I napped a lot. Then I FT'd with my sister.  She is having some interesting things happen where she already knows what happened.  For example, she already knew about the receipt once I mentioned it, and this is just one of many, many examples.  Unfortunately, she doesn't know what the stock market is going to do tomorrow ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ!  I told her to work on that.  At the end of the conversation we talked about shopping again.

04/05/2020. Happy Sunday.  I got up early to check the Whole Foods availability.  I finally found an opening around noon and we have more food!  For the first time in days, the husband has milk & some delicious coffee ice cream with chocolate chips!  Unfortunately, instead of ordering 3 pounds of bananas I ordered 3 ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ!



I also finished my Amazon import into Quicken.  We received much needed rain for most of today.  In the evening, the husband & I went for a drive to see the deserted streets.  I had a nice nap! We decided that Draeger's Market would be a great place to shop.
One of my cousins also called.  Where they live, they get grocery delivery, no problem!  He recently lost his niece from Crohn's disease.  That family has now lost both a brother and a niece this year.
I FT'd with my sister.  Somehow we always end up on the call shopping together.
04/04/2020.  I worked on getting food delivered again today.  No luck.  All Whole Foods & Amazon Fresh time slots are sold out.  The husband & I had a great walk around the neighborhood in between raindrops.  I went farther than him and got in my 5K steps. 

I watered all my downstairs plants.  
I also processed all my Amazon orders for entry into Quicken.  It is always amusing to get the balances to reconcile & so far, I've been successful. Then I attended my brother-in-law's family "quarant-ini" virtual party from 7 - 8:30.  The husband and I watched a great movie "Rush" about 2 car racers.  Boy were they both driven (not a pun).
04/03/2020.  We got a great delivery today from Whole Foods!  They are delivered in a nice aluminum shielded bag.  We are saving these to reuse once the COVID-19 crisis is over.  They will be great in the summer to keep refrigerated food cool while transporting it home from shopping.
Surprisingly though, some items were removed from my cart with no warning! After yesterday's all day shopping marathon, this was happy.  My Sally's Beauty package also arrived .... it is in quarantine, of course.  The husband & I had a nice 5K steps walk.  It was warm today so he didn't want to move very fast.  I figured out the issue with my Fototime sync and sent out the link to everyone who was on the trip.  I had a too long nap today.  I FT with my sister, and the conversation seems to end in us comparing shopping lists & experiences ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ!
I also discovered, that Whole Foods takes things out of the shopping cart with no notice!
This day reminded me of the saying that today is bad, tomorrow's a new day.  Today was a great day ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป!
4/3/2020. 
04/02/2020.  Today was not a great day.  I work up early to help the husband with a billing issue. I had a problem with Fototime syncing so I couldn't give the presentation that I wanted to at the family Zoom meeting.
Then I discovered that my hair coloring product was out of stock at Amazon!  I quickly ordered one from EBAY & that order was quickly cancelled because it was out of stock  ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. I then ordered a 2 pack of the product, and that appears to be going through!
Speaking of the Zoom meeting: a few of the participants decided not to attend & they gave me no warning ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ค!  Just as I  settled in for a nap, the husband insisted we drive around.  It turned out to be good that we did so that we could see the lines at Safeway, Costco, TJ's, Target,Whole Foods. and Safeway downtown.  We figured out that Safeway was the best place to go.  The lines at Costco & TJ's were at least a 25 minute wait standing in the sun.
Then we spent most of the day trying to figure out how we were going to get an illustrated shopping list together to give to others.  I attempted to do it with both Word & Excel to no avail because I couldn't figure out how to hide rows when there are pictures in them.  The husband finally came up with lists.    We ultimately turned to Whole Foods and got our order together there.
I decided to walk off my poor attitude today.  The husband accompanied me for some of the way.  I walked 2.5 miles!
In the evening my sister & I called our cousin Joe.  Everyone there seems to be practicing social distancing & the stores are out of food, same as they are here.  We lamented on the shocking situation the entire world has found itself in.  We all think it will take a very long time for the economy to recover from this
Our wonderful hairdresser, Kim called.  It was great to catch up with her.  We shared what measures we are using for social distancing!
04/01/2020.  Happy April Fools.  I was hoping I'd wake up this morning and that someone would announce that this whole COVID-19 thing was just a joke.  I rescheduled our family meeting because several people could not make it. 
The husband & I are taking pictures of our food so we can send it to others to shop for us.  
I continued to work on the Hawaii pictures from our fabulous trip in 4-2017.   I also updated the FF website.  My friend received an acceptance on the offer she placed on a house.  She's off and running!
03/31/2020.  The husband colored my hair today.  It came out really well.  Later, we went for a walk & I showed my girlfriend my hair.  So now I have a very handsome Swedish hairdresser who makes house calls  ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž!  


Wisteria in front of friend;s house




We walked 2.8 miles today too.  I also checked in with our wonderful house cleaners.   They are both doing well & are safe & healthy.
03/30/2020. Today we went for a "social distance" walk with our friends.  It was great fun to visit with them.  We walked for 2.5 miles.
03/29/2020.  I sent out some additional requests to add items to their dashboard.  I had a 2.5 mile walk today.
We came across this interesting succulent in bloom:
03/28/2020. Posted on Nexdoor a request for someone to develop a  COVID-19 dashboard for Santa Clara County, by hospital to include: hospital beds available, gloves, face shields,  ventilators, N-95 masks, PPE, respirators, etc.   I attached a sample spreadsheet.
We have a lovely walk today, 2.5 miles.  Also corresponded with my friend who is looking to purchase a house.



3/27/3020.  I had a 2.2 mile walk today.
3/26/2020.  The husband ventured out to Costco for senior shopping day.  At 8:15 am, it looked like this (2 blocks long).  He left & returned later.  No problem & he found almost everything on the list. 
I sent out letters to the governor, the California Secretary of Health, the SCC supervisor, the SCC secretary of health & two local newspapers.  My request was that someone contact the hospitals & establish a data base by hospital of needed COVID-19 resources:  hospital beds, gloves, face shields,  ventilators, N-95 masks, PPE, respirators, etc.  



03/25/2020.  II had a nice long walk today.  Spring is springing everywhere!   See pictures of these beautiful trees nearby!


I also corresponded with a friend who is looking to purchase a home.  I assembled a list of folks to whom I'm going to send in requests to provide additional data for the COVID-19 dashboards for Santa Clara County, by hospital to include: hospital beds available, gloves, face shields,  ventilators, N-95 masks, PPE, respirators, etc.  
03/24/2020. We had a family video meeting today.  My sister gave us a wonderful presentation on my father, focusing on what a character he was & then told several stories about when he saw angels.  I had forgotten about one of the stories.  The husband took me for a wonderful 2.6 mile walk yesterday.  
  
Phalaenopsis orchid in bloom


 

In the evening, the husband made vegetarian chili with tofu & black beans.  It is so yummy!  There is enough left to eat today too!

I finished my pillow washing project.  I now have a lot of clean pillow & no where to donate them!  Goodwill won't take them & the animal shelter I contacted didn't need them either.

I also talked to a friend of mine and she decided to purchase a house!  I'm so happy for her.
03/23/2020.  Both the husband & I were very lazy today.  I took naps.  He did a little bit of yard work & I wandered outside to take some pictures of our blooming cherry tree.  By the way, we get 000 cherries every year.  The birds & other critters always beat us to it.  I've given up shrouding the tree with bird net too.  I had a few conversations with my sister-in-law & a FT with my sister.


03/22/2020.  I got up early to take advantage of the Whole Foods senior hours.  I was there at 7:45.  Here is the line at one of four doors.  Unfortunately, Whole Food also let in the Whole Foods shoppers!  I got in and out ASAP.  When I came home, I stripped out in the garage, the husband took the clothes up to the washer, & I immediately showered.

We are storing all non-perishables outside & wiped down the perishables with disinfecting wipes. I also asked for new paper bags & we will recycle those.  I washed clothes today & watered my inside plants.  The husband & I had a nice long conversation with his sister.  

The husband did a lot of yard work Then we had a lovely walk.  Here are some plants we saw along the way.  Today I logged 3 miles ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป!  After our walk there was a downpour of much needed rain!  The husband & I also went for a ride to look at the very empty streets, even in downtown Palo Alto!
I had a long nap too and FT'd with my sister twice.  She is worried about a lot of things!

 
03/21/2020.  The husband & I had a long walk today.  There were many blooming flowers along the way. I FT with my sister twice & a long-time friend.   Our wonderful neighbors brought us some more food from TJ's!  I researched all the nearby stores that have senior hours & shared that with a few friends.  The husband was very busy today doing a lot of yard work!  He is why our yard looks great ❤️❤️❤️!
























03/20/2020.  I had a lovely walk with my long time friend.  We stopped by her house to see her lovely garden & in particular the wisteria in bloom.

I set out some disinfecting wipes for another friend who was out. Then at 11:30 we had are video family meeting.  My nephew presented an interactive session based on an Italian short story  "The Wolf and the Three Girls" by  Italo Cavino, a short story writer from Italy. 
He asked us to keep these three questions in mind:
  • Who does the story remind me of
  • Why is storytelling such a powerful thing
  • What is one story that resonates with me
It was great.  The time frame exceeded our 15 minutes because it lasted over an hour!
Then the husband & I ventured over to the Home Depot to pick up the item I ordered on line yesterday.  Due to the COVID-19, I'm leaving it in the car for 3 days.  I had a nap with a horrible dream that I was in a hospital around COVID-19 patients & I was going to contract the virus.  I called my cousin for a brief chat.  The husband & I then called his cousin for a check in and brief chat.  We missed her St. Patrick's Day party because my husband was isolating himself due to this impending (but cancelled) cataract surgery.
03/19/2020. Today we held are family video meeting at 11:30am.  The sister, nephew-in-law, great nephew, great niece, and the husband participated.  We used Facetime.  The great nephew gave a presentation on the saw scale viper.  This is a vicious & angry little snake that kills up to 30K people a year!  The great nephew is 10 years old & did a wonderful job on his presentation.
I had a video appointment with Dr. Michaela Liedtke at 2:30 this afternoon.  I spent some time looking over my numbers to prepare for it.  The bottom line:  I'm doing very well.  It is notable that it's now been 6 years since I was diagnosed & my numbers have remained stable.  As she was looking through the numbers she kept saying, "excellent, excellent, excellent".  That was great to hear!
I FT'd with my sister & had a phone conversation with my spiritual mentor & friend.  I also talked with my sister's sister-in-law.  Her husband has been through a very rough patch from a health perspective.  He cause a drug resistant virus & was hospitalized to get it stopped!
I also ordered some hair color on-line & some FOLEX carpet cleaner.
03/18/2020. We held the family video meeting at 11:30 am.  The great niece, 13 yo presented on the most popular dogs in the Anerican Kennel Club.  She did a great job, although it took a while to get the video set up.  The husband & I had both a nice walk & saw these very interesting flowers.




Later we took a drive around a few of the nearby down towns.  The streets are mostly deserted due to the "shelter in place" mandate.  I FT with my long time friend & fellow dancer & also with my sister.  The days are a bit long & boring.
03/17/2020. Happy Saint Patrick's Day๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€! The husband was supposed to have his 2nd cataract surgery today, but it was cancelled due to COVID-19. 
Today was our first family video meeting held at 11:30 am.  I did a presentation on Fiona the hippo from the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden.  I collected all the information into a word document & presented it.  It went over well because both the great niece & the great nephew wanted to be the next presenter!  The husband & I had a lovely walk too.  Then the husband made this wonderful dish of tofu, black beans, & vegetarian chili ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!

03/16/2020.  I had a chat session with Dell today. 

The technical person did an excellent job in helping me with three different problems.  I updated the operating system.  Very unfortunately, the husband's cataract surgery was postponed due to the COVID-19 "no non-essential surgeries" directive.  While very inconvenient, it's the right thing to do.
The husband and I went for a nice walk.
03/15/2020.  I got up early to be at TJ's first thing in the morning.  Here's the line!  They were having customers wait outside and then go in as other customers left.  I got everything we needed!

03/14/2020.  I prepared the ranch taxes for my sister & sent them off.  All square dance clubs now in our area are suspending their dances.  Our club has voted to suspend their too.
03/13/2020.  It's Friday the 13th!  I copied the taxes.  Of course, the printer needed to have all of the ink cartridges replaced!   I packaged them up &  mailed the package to our CPA via express mail.  It should arrive tomorrow.  I also packaged up the blouses I purchased because they looked horrible on me & sent those off too!
I also looked at a house send to me by a friend.
Here are some flowers from bulbs blooming in our yard.



Here's the beautiful clivia given to me by my father many, many years ago, in glorious bloom!





















03/12/2020.  Today was supposed to be our tax appointment.  Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, our CPA cancelled all in-person appointments & is asking us all to mail in our packages.  Of course mine is mostly finished, but I polished it up today.  I also trimmed up the clivia & fed it so I can take pictures tomorrow.
03/11/2020.  My round dance partner told me today that he & Evon are going to stop dancing.  I will too.  It is both a disappointment & a relief.  Yet I know it is only a matter of time before all dances are discontinued.
03/10/2020.  I installed MS Windows 7 updates today.  They worked fine.
03/09/2020.  Today my sister & I were supposed to attend the Il Volo concert, but due to the COVID-19, I cancelled.  All the money from the tickets will be refunded  I attended square dance class tonight & had a wonderful time.  There is still 5 squares attending the class.
03/08/2020.  I worked on taxes today & met my round dance partner.  We did a bit of Jive & then had private lessons for the waltz!  That is not a good thing, because Sue already sees every mistake we make & then what she doesn't see, Phil does & rats us out!
03/07/2020.  Today I learned that all the money I spent for the Il Volo tickets will be refunded in full!  That's a relief since they were very expensive.
03/06/2020.  Our wonderful house cleaners came today. I decided that I was absolutely not going to attend the Il Volo concert on Monday.  I started making phone calls to Ticketmaster to get my money refunded.
03/05/2020.  I attended the seniors class today at the gym & then came straight home.
03/04/2020.  I square danced this evening at club & round danced with my partner.  It was all great fun!
03/03/2020.  I woke up feeling dizzy this morning & felt that way all day!  I filled out my ballot & dropped it off. Today was the 13th birthday of my great niece. It seems like just yesterday that she was born.  She is now a beautiful young lady!  I made her a nice collage of all of us holding her on the day she was born.
03/02/2020. I got my hair done & cut.  It looks really nice.  In the evening I attended square dance class!  It is great fun!  I also ordered $83 worth of supplies using my Dell rewards.
03/01/2020.  I ordered a few blouses.  I hope I like them. My friend, spiritual mentor, and square dance buddy visited. Her back is out so we just talked, no walking. I napped, watered plants, & washed clothes.  I also processed some envelopes & boxes.  I'm still unable to find anyone to attend the Il Volo concert with me ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ!
02/29/2020.  The husband & I went to TJ's.  At 9 am the store was packed.  The cashier told me this was very unusual.  Next, we headed off to Costco.  The entire acres big parking lot was full so parked out on the street.  The lines were unbelievable, but self checkout moved quickly.  
Afterwards we shopped at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Of course, we found lots of goodies there.  I napped because after these excursions I was exhausted.  Later I attended the Whing Ding dance in San Jose.  I got to do lots of round dancing with my partner.

 
02/28/2020. My fiie pockets arrived today, but they are the wrong size.  I returned them at Whole Foods, no boxing necessary .... so ez-pz ๐Ÿ˜‰.  Then I re-ordered the correct size. I shopped at TJ's with my list, but some of the things on my list were gone.
02/27/2020.  I attended class at the gym, but class was cancelled.  Afterwards, I shopped at TJ's & got some bread at the American Delicatessen. Here are some pictures from the garden!

 








02/26/2020.  We visited the husband's eye surgeon today.  He said everything looked wonderful.  Afterwards, we stopped at the community market and I was able to find hand sanitizer!   It is out everywhere else in the local community.We also shopped at Costco. I attended square dance at club this evening!
02/25/2020.  The husband had his cataract surgery today.  It seems to have gone well.  On the way home we got him food at In 'N Out burger:  a double-double with onions, 2 orders of fries (1 for me), & a chocolate shake.  The nurse told him to rest today & that is what he did!  I shopped at TJ's, Wal-mart & Target.  There was NO hand sanitizer to be found anywhere.  I called several other stores too!
02/24/2020.  I attended dance class today.  We still have 6 squares, so that is amazing!
02/23/2020.  I worked on taxes &I  attended round dance class today.  My partner & I are doing very well with the waltz.
02/22/2020. I washed clothes.  The husband & I shopped at Costco today.  This evening, I attended the Black & White ball!  The attendance was huge, the biggest ever in the history of the ball.   As a big surprise, the square dance caller cued round dances too so my partner & I were able to dance!
02/21/2020.  I attended class at the gym today.  It was OK, but not as good as the regular class that I attend. I also did some banking & got us some delicious food at La Salsa ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒถ️! We had a consult with Dr. Chang, the husband's potential cataract surgeon. He had a cancellation, so we schedule surgery for Tuesday (in 4 days ๐Ÿคช)! 
02/20/2020.  Our wonderful cleaners came today.  I watered all the indoor plants & washed the laundry.  Here's a bunny munching in our backyard!

02/19/2020.  I attended square dance class tonight.
02/18/2020.  The mail indexer finally completed today but the system indexer is still working!  The indexer has been at it for 4 days.  I had a long nap this afternoon, sent out an e-mail to the landscaper & changed a doctor's appointment.
02/17/2020.  I slept in today until 12:30.  I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. I shopped at TJ's (twice, because I forgot the husband's milk ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช) & attended square dancing class.  I wanted to leave early, but I was needed for the entire night.  It was great fun!   My sister & brother-in-law both have colds and sore throats ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท.  It's not fun dealing with this, the rotator cuff operation & other medical problems.
02/16/2020.  My spiritual mentor visited today.  As always we had a great talk.  She had some amazing ideas about our landscaping project too!  
I made an angel for someone I met at round dancing who celebrated her 20th anniversary of being cancer free (leukemia).  Later, I attended round dancing.  My partner and I are excelling at the waltz.  I updated the inventory for my Swarovski beads.
02/15/2020.  My sweet cousin visited from the Sacramento area.  We had lunch at Hobees with the husband.  Then we drove around the Los Altos Hills, bought day old bread at the Italian delicatessen.  I then took her on a tour of the Google campus, including the three new tent buildings that are being constructed.  Of course we had to take pictures at the Google android system statues.  Even thought these are in an obscure place, there were a lot of people there taking pictures.  What amazed her  was all the campers parked out on the streets near the Google buildings.
 

 

02/14/2020.  I installed and then uninstalled an upgrade to the operating system.  In doing so, it completely wiped out my index.  I spent a lot of time trying to increase the indexing speed, to no avail.  I also ran "SCANPST" to clean up the PST files & in so doing, I wiped out some Valentine's Day e-mail replies ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข.  I couldn't recover them because I deleted the "old" files that actually had these e-mails.  I need to get over to my new windows 10 system.
02/13/2020.  The husband & I worked on our Valentine's day greeting and sent it out. It looks really great. 
02/12/2020.  I shopped at CVS pharmacy & found a nice Valentine's Day card ($2 off)!  Then I received some coupons & bought the decaf coffee on sale.  I also shopped at Sprouts. I watched all the square dancing videos & then decided not to square dance tonight because I was exhausted.
02/11/2020.  I got up early to visit the wonderful Dr. Vaughan.  He said my sinuses are healing wonderfully.  Afterwards, I got gas at Costco & shopped there.  Someone complemented me on my hair๐Ÿ˜Š.  I also shopped at the Dollar Tree, Sprouts, then picked up a wonderful Mexican lunch for the husband & I at La Salsa ๐ŸŒฎ๐Ÿ˜‹!  The husband & I trimmed our pluot tree, I watered some outside plants and also turned on the automatic sprinklers๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ.  The yard is very dry.  I napped, updated the financials, & cleaned up e-mail.  I also installed the new windows 7 updates. 
02/10/2020. I visited my wonderful hairdresser ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆฑ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆฑ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆฑ, napped, & attended square dance class as an angel.  I danced every tip.
02/09/2020. I attended round dance class with my partner, & also sent out some requested manuals.
02/08/2020.  Our friend scored lots of pictures & books at the book sale.  I washed clothes, watered plants, & got ready for the dance tonight.  We changed a light bulb today, it took three of us!  We put duct tape on a coffee mug, sticky side out.  Light bulb came right out.  This was after 3 of us trying to get our fingers around it.  To prevent this from happening in the future, we put a bit of petroleum jelly around the threads.  How many hippies does it take to change a light bulb???????  THREE!
I attended the sweetheart dance down in Los Gatos.  Unfortunately, my round dance partner didn't show up.  It was kind of fun, but I left early.
02/07/2020.  I shopped at Costco, updated the FF web site, took pictures at FF & organized them.  I also Face-timed with my sister.  I updated this blog (hadn't been updated since 1/24/2020 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ & updated the financial records.  Our friend arrived to attend 2 book sales with the husband!
02/06/2020.  My sister is one day post-surgery & she's doing well ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.  So far she has no pain!  I called her early this morning (9am), then went back to bed until 1 pm!  I did a number of FF updates & filled out some business forms.
I received the quote for running the obituary & sent it to my friend.  I spent a lot of time cleaning up e-mail.  I also watered the outside plants.  The orange tree is full of oranges, too bitter for me, but the husband is enjoying them.  This is a purple cala lily & our crabapple bush in bloom!









































I also resent a business form in because previously I provided incorrect information.
02/05/2020.  My sister called post surgery๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.  She says she is doing well. I updated the FF web site many times.  I also went over to my friend so I could post the round dance events in her Next Door area.   I returned to Costco & picked up my cane.  They had it! I also submitted the obituary to the Town Crier for my friend's friend. I danced tonight at club.  I was a bit shaky, but did OK.  Between square dancing & round dancing, I danced for 2 1/2 hours๐Ÿ˜ฒ!  Needless to say, I was very tired when I got home.  
02/04/2020.  I went to Costco today & they did not have my cane ๐Ÿ˜ž.  I picked up lunch for the husband & I at La Salsa ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹.   It's our new favorite Mexican take-out place.
Also did some business today.  I made some flyers for round dance and posted the event on Next Door.
My friend's dear friend & band member passed away. She asked me to find a nice picture for his obituary. I went through my FF pictures & found a great one of him.  I called Costco again & now they think they found my cane.
02/03/2020.  The husband & I shopped at Costco today.  Unfortunately, I left my cane there. I called & they said they had it.  I talked with my cousin regarding some things for our business & I also filled out forms.  I danced ๐Ÿ’ƒ with the class tonight.  We still have 7 squares, which is awesome.
02/02/2020.  My friend & spiritual mentor came over.  We had a wonderful visit.  Later I attended round dancing class.  There were only 3 of us so we had a private lesson.  The class took place during the Super Bowl.  I kept checking the score & discovered that my team, the SF 49ers ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ  lost ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข.
02/01/2020.  I updated the FF website.
01/31/2020.  I ran around & prepared for our cleaners.  Our wonderful cleaners came today.  I watered the inside plants.  I updated the FF website & sent the new class report to members of the Bows square dancing club board.  I washed the cleaning supplies.
01/30/2020.  The husband took me to my appointment at the sinus center.  I was warned that it might be very painful.  It was not painful at all.  The Physician's Assistant, Kathleen, said I have been doing an excellent job with my twice daily rinses and everything is well cleaned out.  Afterwards, the husband & I got him gas ๐Ÿš— at Costco in Redwood City & shopped there.  Kathleen said I could go back to exercising.  I'm not ready for that because I still feel tired๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด!   My Sally's Beauty order arrived today  ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆฑ!  
01/29/2020.  I sent in my report to the Bows & Beaus square dancing club regarding the new class publicity.
01/28/2020.  I updated the FF web site. It's 6 days post surgery & I have NO ENERGY๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™!  I'm cleaning up papers & made good progress ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!!!!  I also placed a large order for supplies at Sally's Beauty.
01/27/2020.  It's 5 days post surgery & I have NO ENERGY๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด!  I called our Prescription Drug company and paid the January fees & also enrolled in the automatic payment plan.  I am unable to attend class tonight because I still don't feel well.  However, I received lots of accolades on the large number of people who are attending class.   I'm cleaning up papers & made good progress ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!!!!  I also ordered a bead from Artbeads since my reward was about to expire.
01/26/2020.  It's 4 days post surgery & I have NO ENERGY๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด! 
01/25/2020.   It's 3 days post surgery & I have NO ENERGY๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด!  I helped a friend with Skype.  I looked at a house she's interested in.
01/24/2020.  It’s 2 days post surgery & I don’t feel well.  Nothing serious, just a general sense of malaise.  My friends walked over & we had a nice visit.  The husband ventured over to Costco to get us food!  Unfortunately, my brother-in-laws test results came back & his cancer has returned ☹️☹️☹️!   We will find next steps soon.  There is a great center for his type of cancer right here at UCSF.   I’m hoping he’ll at least get a 2nd opinion!
01/23/2020.  It’s one day post surgery & I feel pretty well!  Stanford called me to check in  & the surgeon’s office also called.  I rested, watched movies, & napped.  I hope I feel better tomorrow so I can get some work done!
01/22/2020. This is surgery day! I forgot to submit one of the forms for our farm so I did that this am.  I had a nice shower ๐Ÿšฟ, & washed my hair.  The husband & I headed over in plenty of time, but when we got there, I discovered it was the wrong building!  Now we were late.  Fortunately, we were only a few minutes away from the right building.   I was 1/2 hour late to check in, but the receptionist said it was fine!   She also commented that she could ‘t believe my age & that my hair was beautiful!  All that was great to hear right before surgery!   The folks at Stanford are wonderful!  I felt like I was being treated like royalty,  the anesthesiologist, Dr. Bowman, was wonderful too.  Everyone was getting a little nervous, because Dr. Vaughan did not arrive until 1:30.  He spent some time with me before surgery.  I was out before I was even wheeled into surgery.  The next thing I knew, I was back!  My biggest problem was my throat hurt.   They said that was from the breathing tube used during surgery.  They gave me some ginger ale, water ๐Ÿ’ง, & saltine crackers.  Dr. Vaughan visited me too!  I told him how handsome he was, he made a joke, & we both laughed ๐Ÿคญ!   He said the surgery went very well,  After 90 minutes in recovery, the husband came in & of course, ate the bowl of Saltine crackers! I got dressed & he took me home.   They gave me a CD of the operation!  I feel pretty well, texted everyone to let them know how I was.
01/21/2020.  I attended exercise class this morning, stopped at LaSalsa to get Mexican food ๐Ÿฅ˜ for the husband & I & did some banking.  Our landscape architect visited to review the latest set of plans.  She came up with a brilliant idea ๐Ÿ’ก for a water feature right outside our back door.  We will also extend the deck & create a “dock”.  We are very pleased.  After our meeting,I checked to see if the material we used for our existing deck is still available & it is! The husband has some ideas we need to discuss.  I cleaned up e-mail & took care of some farm business.  I also worked with the sister to figure out our farm balances.
01/20/2020.  I walked with the hiking group this morning at Rancho!  It was wonderful, & quite cold.  I left my jacket ๐Ÿงฅ & gloves ๐Ÿงค on the whole time. We went our for coffee ☕️ at Peet’s, then I shopped at TJ’s again to make sure I have enough food after surgery.  I also got my hair ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿป‍♀️ done.  Today is new class Square dance evening.  This year, recruiting of the class fell to me.  Well, the place was mobbed!  We had 11 squares & the person from whom I took over the responsibility said it was the biggest new class she had ever seen.  Many people congratulated me!  Naturally, I was relieved ๐Ÿ˜Œ & thrilled.
01/19/2020.  I had a lovely walk with my friend, studied round dance videos, & attended round dancing class.  My partner & I are doing well! The 49ers won today & are headed to the Super Bowl   ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ!
01/18/2020.  I cleaned up e-mail, updated all the finances, had a nice nap, & finished watering my plants, Facetimed with my sister, & talked with a friend who is undergoing chemo.  I also washed a load of clothes.  I posted a reminder of our Square Dance class on Nextdoor.  I installed the ESU for Windows 7.  I have a Windows 10 computer but have not yet migrated.
01/17/2020.  I reached my surgeon, Dr. Vaughan, and we talked through the options.  I feel that surgery, in my case, is the best way to go.  He said if it were his nose, that is what he would do.  Our wonderful cleaners came today & the house looks great.  I watered most of my downstairs plants.
I shopped at Costco, picked up the prescription for my surgery, & brought some food home for the husband.  Then I shopped at Wal-mart, Sally's Beauty (returned shampoo), TJ's, and Walgreens Pharmacy (great price on instant coffee ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ).  I still didn't get in my 5,000 steps.
01/16/2020.  I enrolled in 24 hour fitness & attended the exercise class.  I was delighted to see a number of my friends are still there.  It's been almost 2 years since I've been at class.  I also sent a clarification e-mail to our landscape architect.  I'm hoping we can get the plans to a point where her installation company can do some of the work before the president retires.
01/15/2020.  I spoke with our friend regarding Dr. Vaughan & my experience in his office yesterday.  Dr. Vaughan has done surgery for both her & her daughter with very positive outcomes.  She gave me some great ideas.  
I also FT'd with the sister.   I sent some more messages to our Landscape Archhitect regarding our project.  I attended square dancing club tonight.  It was great fun & I did well!  My round dance partner & I also danced well.
01/14/2020.  I visited the surgeon for a pre-op appointment today.  Unfortunately, he wasn't there & I had lots of questions for him.  Overall, it was a disappointing appointment.  I stopped at Costco in Redwood City for gas, then shopped there for the husband & I.  He has come down with a cold.  I visited my friend to go over the results from her ENT (ear-nose-throat) expert & friend.  I brought over our landscape plans.  I couldn't answer even the most basic of questions.  She showed me her landscape plans from 2000 & there is certainly a lot more detail than I have.   
01/13/2020.  I saw my dentist ๐Ÿ‘จ‍⚕️ today.  Thankfully, there were no problems.  Afterwards, I whitened my teeth.
01/12/2020.  The husband & I talked to the project director about our project & we decided to cancel it.  While sad, it's the right thing to do.
The husband took me for a nice walk & we happened upon this gorgeous bloom.  Right afterwards, my dear friend came over & we had another walk.  I listed all things that I'm grateful for & she shared her "gratitude" list also.  I called a long time friend of mine who is undergoing some pretty rough chemo infusions.  I napped.  The husband made round 2 of my favorite meal (see 1/10/2020).  I washed a load of clothes.

01/11/2020.  I was pretty depressed because it looks like we'll have to cancel our project.  I watered all the indoor plants. I had a nap, then decided to attend the Snowflake Ball square dancing hoe down.  The dance was great fun & well attended.  There were 8 squares on the floor!
01/10/2020.  Amazingly, I got in to see my Dr. Souvignier for the EKG!  Later we visited several landscape sites designed by our landscape architect & installed by the company with whom she works.  Both of the sites were just stunning.  Afterwards, we stopped by our cousin's home & had a nice, long, lovely visit.  They have a gorgeous purebred Maine Coone.



The husband made my favorite meal: tofu with spinach, kidney, and garbanzo beans (I was the sous chef) ๐Ÿ˜‹.

01/09/2020.  I received a pre-op packet for my surgery & have to schedule in an EKG between now & my appointment next week ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช! The husband & I had a nice take out dinner at La Salsa.  We both really like the food there.  I yelled at the husband this evening & felt very bad about it.  I apologized profusely.
01/08/2020.  I sent our project director some requested information.  In the evening I danced with my square dance club.  As always, it was great fun!
01/07/2020.  We had a long meeting with our project director on the project.  Afterwards, the husband & I were exhausted.  He took me to Stanford for my quarterly blood draw.  I got home & went to bed!
01/06/2020.  I had a wonderful hike with my friends at the Pearson Arastradero Preserve.  It was a perfect day.  We walked 5 miles! Afterwards, we had coffee at the Red Berry Coffee company & the husband joined us.  That is a great place.  I had a nap!
01/05/2020.  The husband & I shopped at Costco.  Afterwards, I had a lovely walk with my friend & spiritual advisor. Later, I attended round dancing today.  My partner & I are doing well.
01/04/2020.  II shopped at TJ's today.  I also sent out a list of house building "Lessons Learned" to a friend who is building a new home.  Finally I requested our webmaster to add a "Donate" button to our website.
01/03/2020.  I contacted the Daily Post & placed an ad for our square dance class.  I also attended FF & took pictures.
01/02/2020.  I packaged up the supplies from Sally Beauty & returned them via UPS.  I also placed the ad for square dance class in the Los Altos Town Crier.  I entered on-line information about the class at 5 different places.  I updated the FF web site.  I had a nice nap!
01/01/2020. Happy New Year 2020!  The husband & I had a nice walk, I did a small bit of yard work, napped, & visited my friends who hosted the big New Year's Eve party.

No comments:

Post a Comment