Friday, October 23, 2020

The Journey 10/01/2020 - 12/31/2020
























12/31/2020.  There was a lot of activity today.  My friend picked up her one bucket of river rocks, then the folks we sold them to came by.  I helped them load & gave them a tour of our new landscape.  Unfortunately, they could only fit half in their van, but they are coming back tomorrow for the remainder.   In the meanwhile, I called my friend back over to let her know that there were move river ricks available and she took home 6 buckets.  Her husband (also my friend) came over with her and I gave them both  a tour of the yard.  Jeff, of Lifescape Landscapes visited & I gave him a tour also.  He is very pleased.  The plants he installed are of excellent quality, and many of them are now blooming!
12/30/2020.  There are a lot of folks working on our landscaping project.  The husband sold the river rocks  🎉🎊🥳 and they are supposed to be picked up tomorrow at 10 am!  The cafe lights hardware have arrived, but the cafe lights will not arrive until January 5.  I'm trying to figure out a way to get them picked up from Costco.

The husband & I walked.  I then veered off & said my prayers (10.3K steps)  I FT'd with my sister.  She is quite upset because her daughter and son-in-law behaved in a very COVID 🧫 risky way endangering not only them, but the grandchildren.  

Rose in the 'hood


River Rocks for sale
Piles of mulch

12/29/2020.  I met with Jose Jr. today & we got the cafe lights figured out.  I ordered both the cafe lights & the hardware to string them.  A HUGE load of mulch was delivered & some of it has already been spread.

I napped 💤😴.  I helped the husband make his delicious vegetables & tofu dish & FT'd with my sister.  I tried to help her sign on to a streaming sight & eventually she succeeded 🎊🎉!
Mulch, seen at night
Tofu & vegetables prepared by
the husband

12/28/2020.  The landscaping crew returned today.  Things continue to go well.  I napped to hide from the world 🌎 .  That plan did not work 🤣🤣🤣🥴😜🤪.  In the late afternoon, the husband took me for a neighbor hood hike.  I continued on (8.9K steps) & said my prayers.   I picked up the groceries from Safeway & the husband wiped them down.  The husband made delicious two bean + tofu meal 😋😋😋.  


12/27/2020.  I picked up the groceries at Wal-mart.  Unfortunately, they were out of some key things (BREAD 🥖)! The husband took me for a nice walk (6.3K steps) & I said my prayers.  I sent out the invitation for our club's meeting next Wednesday.
I watered all of the outdoor plants, including the ones in pots that have not yet been planted.  I napped  💤.  I FT'd my sister.  She's secured a lovely home to rent next summer in Santa Cruz.  We hope we can make it:  ie we will have received our COVID-19 vaccines!
I placed another pickup order for tomorrow at Safeway to get us the rest of the items missing from our order today.

Blooming plants from our garden
Blooming plants from our garden



Christmas angel at the Terraces

12/26/2020.  I took myself on a nice walk in the hills (9.3K steps).  It was a beautiful day!  I rested today to recover from our WILD Christmas 🤪🤪🤪!

View from the hills: Stanford dish hill
in the backgound
View from the hills Moffett Field
in the background



Christmas star (Saturn & Jupiter) still visible

12/25/2020.  Merry Christmas 🎅🏻🎄🎁✨!  We had a quiet day.   I  had one of my sister's delicious muffins for breakfast 😋 with lots of butter.  Then I had a long nap.  I talked to one of my cousins from Los Banos.  I spent some time researching how to attach the cafe lights.

Our father's orange tree, loaded with oranges!


12/24/2020.  I responded to additional e-mails from our holiday greeting.  My friend came over for additional brainstorming on the placement of the cafe lights  💡💡💡.  We figured it out! I watered the indoor plants too.
12/23/2020.  I received a lot of responses to our holiday greeting & responded to them.  A lot of the recipients were delighted with my COVID-19 😷 themed poem.I spoke with my spiritual advisor & friend, my dear cousin, & I FT'd with my sister.  
Our financial advisor called & I had a long conversation with him too.
I wrote out my 4 Christmas cards & the husband took me to the post office to mail them.  I watered most of the indoor plants.  I sent out the meeting notice for the club and attended the meeting.
My dear nephew is contributing to charities instead of giving out presents this year.  He asked all of us to name the charity we wanted to receive the gift.  What an awe-inspiring gesture & idea!
12/22/2020.  I worked on the stained grout again & sorted rocks for out pond..  My friend came over to brainstorm on the placement of the cafe lights for the back yard.  The husband & I took some pictures of the "Christmas" star (Saturn & Pluto very near to each other). I composed a poem for our holiday greeting, and also created a nice Christmas wreath for the e-card using Photoshop.  I then sent out the greeting. 
12/21/2020.  I hiked with my round dance partner at Stevens Creek County Park.  We decided not to geo-cache today (steps = 10.2K).  I napped  💤😴, then worked on the rust stains in our grout.  I didn't make any progress, and will try again tomorrow with "Barkeeper's Friend".  I washed out the rags.  The husband made delicious vegetarian chili for dinner.  I ordered some waterproof smart plugs too for our water fountains.
GREAT NEWS:  the results of my blood 🩸 tests came in:  all is well!  That is a relief because the last set of tests indicated a possible liver problem!
Gigantic bay tree at Stevens Creek County Park
12/20/2020.  I slept in late.  Our neighbor came over to assist me with some design ideas 💡 on our landscaping project. I napped 😴💤.   I did a physical inventory of my Swarovski beads & placed an order.   This will probably be my last one & some of these beads are back ordered .  If all these beads arrive I have enough inventory to create 40 more angels 😇!  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 & washed clothes.  My sister & I FT’d twice today.
12/19/2020.  The boulders for the two fountains arrived today & were installed.   They look very nice.
Now I need to order a smart plug 🔌 so I can turn them on & off remotely!  The husband vacuumed, the roller on the attachment clogged up.   I spent some time taking that apart, cleaning it out & making sure it works.   I watered some of the outdoor plants that are in pots.  I napped 😴💤!  I printed our my Swarovski inventory & prepared an order.
12/18/2020.  I picked up the Wal-Mart order today & the husband & I wiped them down & put away the groceries.   Jose Jr. visited today also.
On the way out the door for our hike, we received a surprise visit from our wonderful cousin.   She dropped off some presents for us.  She's an awesome cook & one of the presents was her home-baked cookies 🍪.  Both the husband & I had one 😋.  We also gave her a tour of the landscape project.
The husband & I walked the 'hood & I continued on my own (9.4K steps).  I also said my prayers 🙏🏻.  Jose Sr. went through the watering zones so I can turn them on from my phone.  I had a too long nap 😴💤  & I FT'd with my sister.  The husband made delicious stir-fry vegetables 😋.
12/17/2020.  Jose Jr. & Jeff visited today & toured the progress in the yard.  The husband took me for a walk  🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♂️, I continued by myself and said my prayers  🙏🏻 (9.4k steps).  I napped & then FT'd with my sister.  I updated the Wal-Mart order.
12/16/2020.  There was a big crew working on the landscaping project today.   I think the electrical  🔌 is complete.  Jose Jr. visited today & we reviewed the remaining items.  I went to Stanford for blood 🩸 tests & the husband bought a LOT of supplies at Costco 🥬🥦🍍🍌🍇🥨 that we hope will last us through January.  We will supplement with groceries from Wal-Mart & Safeway.
Afterwards we had a end of the year tax planning consult with our wonderful CPA.  He is recovering from an injury where he very nearly sliced off the tip of this thumb 😧😧😧!  After that, I took myself out for a long walk (9.8 K steps) & said my prayers 🙏.    I found ducks in the 'hood!  I've heard them quack previously & saw them for the first time today.  Their human companion fed them & said they couldn't fly.
I sent out the Zoom meeting notice for our club & attended.   I also prepared a new Wal-mart order.  I FT’d with my sister.




Lighted decor in the hood
12/15/2020.  The wonderful paver crew from Bay Area Interlocking pavers arrived today & completely repaired the pavers.  They look great.  The lights are installed and I connected them to my network so I can turn them on and off 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 !
The slate is also complete and looks wonderful!
I made an appointment for the Reclast infusion & will go in for blood  🩸 draws tomorrow.
I briefly FT'd with my sister. 
We brought in Annie LuLu and Dr. Neil doesn't think she has a break anywhere.  She prescribed a very mild pain relief medication.. It's been two emotionally draining days & I had a nice nap. I napped  💤😴.  I also washed a load of clothes.
12/14/2020.  Jeff from Lifescapes Landscapes visited around 9 am.  He has a very large crew out here working to get the job completed.
Then I had my tele-appointment with my wonderful bone endochrinologist, Dr. Deborah Sellmeyer.  She wants me to have another Reclast infusion.  In reviewing my blood work, she expressed concern over a few slightly high values that could indicate liver problems 😧😧😧.
Then our wonderful landscape architect visited and we laid out all the plants and the lighting.  She spoke with me regarding the responsibility for the pavers and basically said that she can understand both points of view.  I had a long conversation with my brother in law about the issue also.  Later I called Jeff & he agreed to repair the pavers.

The husband made us delicious vegetables for dinner 😋😋😋!
Then, to our horror we discovered that sweet Annie LuLu is badly limping.  Rather than taking her in tonight we decided to wait until tomorrow so her normal vet can see her.


12/13/2020.  I briefly FT'd with my sister.  In between the rains, the husband laid out the slate in the correct pattern.  The husband took me for a great walk today in the 'hood.  I continued walking and logged 7K steps today.  I also said my prayers as I walked.  

I had a long nap, basically this was a hiding out nap 😢😢😢.   As Dr. Phil says, "and how did that work out for you?"  The husband made delicious tofu & chili  😋😋😋!
It rained 🌧️🌧️🌧️ again today!

The bouquet looks more beautiful
with each passing day.



12/12/2020.  I attended the SCVSDA meetings.  The husband & I had a lovely walk in the hills with our friend from square dancing.  I reworked & sent out the message to our landscape contractor about the damaged pavers.  I also sent out the meeting notice to our club for our next meeting.  I napped & FT'd with my sister.  It rained today 🌧️🌧️🌧️  & it is much needed.
Deer in the hills!



Flowers in the hills












12/11/2020.  We rolled the tree out today & plugged it in!  I had a professional contractor with 25 years experience, a licensed interlocking paver contractor inspect the damaged pavers today.  They both indicated that is the responsibility of the landscape contractor that damaged them to repair them.  I also consulted with an insurance agent who repeated the same thing.  The husband and I are working on a letter to send to Lifescape Landscapes on this matter.

12/10/2020.  My round dance partner & I had a wonderful "cache-dance" at Stevens Creek Park.  We found 2 geo-caches, and one was very difficult to find.  
There was more drama on the landscape project, but we got  it mostly resolved.  I'm concerned that Jess is having the  Bay Area Interlocking Paver company provide me with an independent bid for fixing the pavers.  I've spoken to a number of folks all whom are of the opinion that if your contractor breaks something, the contractor is responsible for repairing it.  I had a nap and FT'd with my sister.  My spiritual mentor also called me.  I'm very concerned about how upset the husband is over this landscaping project  😥😥😥!

Inside Geo-cache #1
Geo-cache # 1 EZ



Inside geo-cache # 2

geo-cache # 2
Very hard to find.  We were looking
in the wrong boulder!

Stevens Creek reservoir, skateboarding anyone?

Stevens Creek reservoir












12/09/2020.  Jeff of Lifescape Landscapes came over to monitor the project.   Afterwards, I wrote up meeting minutes & sent them out.  I sent out the meeting notice for our club & attended the meeting.  My sister & niece sent a lovely floral bouquet for Christmas.  My friend came over & gifted us a beautiful Poinsettia &. Chocolate 🍫 bar.   We had a 4 mile walk too.  I watered the outdoor plants 🪴 & paid some tax bills 💵.  
Holiday decor, Sergey Brin's estate

Beautiful bouquet from my sister,
 niece and family!

Present from person who designed our home!

12/08/2020.  The husband took me for a lovely walk today & I said my prayers.  I finished our year-end taxes & unfortunately our CPA had to cancel because he had to go get stitches!  Yikes.  I also sent an e-mail to Jeff and Jose Jr. of Lifescape Landscaping to outline the to do list & issues with the project.  I FT'd with my sister briefly & watered all the indoor plants 🪴. 

12/07/2020.  Today I got up early to be at Stanford at 8 for my bone density scan. It was EZPZ & I was there less than 1 hour.  I of course showered 🧼 🚿 & changed clothes as precautions against the ‘rona 🦠!  We called the husband’s sister to check in.   I also talked to Jeff of Lifescape Landscaping as well as Jose Jr. The husband & I compiled a list of issues that still need to be addressed.  
I had a nap 😴 💤 , then picked up the groceries at Wal-Mar t& the husband wiped them down. He made delicious 😋 tofu & vegetables for dinner tonight.  The sister & I called our cousin to get some end of the year information on the farms & she & I also FT’d.  I worked on the books💰.  I postponed my hike tomorrow so I could finish them!

Stanford Hospital


12/06/2020.  The husband and I had a great walk with our friend from square dancing.  She & I walk 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️ together & the husband follows.  He says he's happy basically walking by himself.  Every now & then I turn around to make sure he's still there.  I had a long nap (trying to hide from my book work -- didn't work  😧😧😧 ),  FT'd with my sister & worked on my books.  I also placed a pick-up order at Wal-mart.
12/05/2020.  I had my hair 💇🏻‍♀️ done & returned three items at Kohls.  Lockdown starts tomorrow & my hairdresser says she's swamped.  I had her do my hair outside.  I napped and worked on the books.
12/04/2020.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the "hood.  The wonderful paver folks left and they did not repair the broken original set of pavers 😥😥😥,   We are going back into lock-down on Sunday, so I made an appointment with my wonderful hairdresser  💇🏻‍♀️  for tomorrow.
Rose in the 'hood

12/03/2020.  I finished the majority of my end of the year book work  🎊🎉.  I FT'd with my sister & niece & walked around the project.  We are getting there.
12/02/2020.  The husband took me for a nice walk.  I was able to say my prayers  🙏🏻 too!  I sent out the invitation for the club meeting & attended.  I also got out old Thanksgiving Day pictures to show the size of the crowds my Mom hosted.  The meeting lasted 2 hours & 45 minutes.  I love seeing everyone, hearing he great topics (today's was traditions) & I get restless .
I had a nap.  The husband made a great tofu, beans and chili dish, just perfect for a cold day.



Chili, pinto beans, & tofu!

12/01/2020.  Welcome to December!  Wow.  On the way to hike this morning, the husband called me outside because he wanted to change the arrangement of the flagstone.  Many conversations with many people, Jose Jr. included, we changed it.  So instead of have a stepping stone path, it will be more continuous.  The husband is helping Manny select & place every stone!
I finally made it to Pichetti preserve, 15 minutes late.  We had a great hike & found our 10th geo-cache, which was a 5 difficulty.  The pictures show why.  My partner used one of my walking sticks to remove it from the very high tree limb & to carefully replace it.  Great job!
I had a nap.  The husband made delicious 😋😋😋 vegetables and tofu.  Then we watched a silly, but nice movie together, called Michael.  It was about angels 😇😇😇 , a favorite subject of mine.

Many birdwatchers!
Well camouflaged

Our 10th Geo-cache, difficulty 5



Peak of Stevens Creek Reservoir
VERY high in the tree. 
See hiking poles for scale


Dinner tofu & vegetables 😋

11/30/2020.  I called around this morning and decided to take my car over to Independence Auto.  Unfortunately, on the way out, I scraped my bumper on a stack of pavers that were not visible from the car 😫😫😫!  I’m so NOT happy about that 😡.  They replaced the battery & also performed the necessary service.  They found a leak in the power train which they believe will be covered under my extended warranty.  We met with both Jeff, the owner of  Lifescape Landscapes & with Jose Jr.   Things are coming together.   Today they laid out the stone paths.  I continued to work on the paperwork for taxes.  I watered all the indoor plants 🌱 & finished watering 💦 a few outdoor plants.  I FT’d with my sister.  Meanwhile, the COVID-19 pandemic 😷 worsened.    Governor Nelson is considering locking down the state completely.  We are not sure what that might mean!
11/29/2020.  Today was an interesting day.  I drove to Wal-Mart to collect my pick-up order & all was well until I attempted to start my car.  Nothing!  I called the Honda emergency service and waited  1 1/2 hours before the company showed up to jump my battery.  Meanwhile the husband drove over to rescue the groceries (ie get them in the refrigerator & freezer).  I was able to say my prayers while waiting for the emergency service.  Afterwards, I drove home, left the car running, had a snack, & drove to Costco in Redwood City for gas.  I didn't turn off the gasoline nozzle and splashed gasoline on my car.  When I returned home, I washed the places where the gasoline spilled.  I sent out the reminder for our Wednesday Zoom meeting.  Then I ate a bunch of Cheerios to comfort myself (note to self, didn't help  🤪), and had a nap.  I FT'd with my sister.  Then I burned my mouth on some too hot coffee ☕ ..... it's that kind of day! I ordered some replacement ink cartridges &  I continued to work on the paperwork for taxes.
11/28/2020.  I watered all the outdoor plants, by turning on the new sprinkler control  valves.  So easy!  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼, then the husband & I met my friend for a walk in the nearby hills.  We saw a GIANT jackrabbit 🐇 that looked like a small dog!  Our friend brought us some cookies that were just delicious 🍪😋!  Afterwards, I had a nap.  I continued to work on the paperwork for taxes.  
11/27/2020.  I replied to a lot of the folks who replied to my Thanksgiving day greetings &  continued to work on the paperwork for taxes.  I prepared a Wal-Mart order for pickup.  
11/26/2020.  Happy Thanksgiving  🍁🍂🍁🍂🎊🎈!  The husband took me for a wonderful walk in the hills and we saw a coyote!  They are everywhere.
My sister and family (the youngest nephew, the niece, the nephew-in-law, and the two grands FT'd us today.  The husband showed them that he was eating SPAM for Thanksgiving lunch!  I had 2 Ghirardelli chocolate squares 😋 as a treat!
My cousin also called and we had a nice chat.  I picked pineapple guavas for the neighbor's daughter-in-law and delivered them.  Then I had a nice nap 💤😴.

Cherry tree our back yard. 
Tree in the hills



11/25/2020.  My round dance partner and I had a cache-dance hike.  We found one geo-cache, that was actually too easy.  It was a beautiful day!
I spoke with Jose Jr. today who was visiting to ask him about tipping Jose Sr. and Ascencio, two of our very hard and talented workers.  He said it was Ok, so I did it!  I sent out the meeting notice for our club, but do not plant to attend.
I had a nice nap & worked on our end of the year books.
Very obvious geo-cache!



View of dry Stevens Creek Reservoir


11/24/2020.  We had a walk through with both the owner of the Landscape company & with Jose Jr. today.  Things are coming together.  I worked on the books and have two more statements to reconcile 😄!  I will definitely finish by tomorrow.  I was tired & had a nice nap 💤😴.  I prepared and sent out the Thanksgiving greetings.  The husband made delicious 😋 vegetables with tofu.
11/23/2020.  I picked up pineapple guavas, contacted someone via Next-door, and gave them all away.  The husband & I made delicious lentil soup with tofu 😋.  It tasted so good because I'm cold in the evenings.  I FT'd with my sister & niece.
Orange crop is ripening!


11/22/2020.  The husband & I ventured over to Costco Redwood City to get gas ⛽️ & for him to shop.  We wiped down all the food. In the process I lost my letter opener & after an extensive search🔦, I found it underneath the side of my car 🚗 seat🤪🤪🤪!   He got a bag of Ghirardelli dark chocolates 🍫 😋😋😋!    I helped my sister sign up for Medical insurance & I signed us up too!  That is a big relief 😅 because its been on my mind.  I worked on some bills 💵 , napped, & washed clothes 🧼💦👚.  
11/21/2020.  I had a lovely shower 🧼🚿 this morning.   This afternoon, I had a wonderful hike 🚶🏻‍♀️with my friend from square dancing.  Afterwards I walked by myself so I could pray.  The dear cousin that I grew up with is having medical issues.  I also talked to another cousin.  She is doing very well. Afterwards I napped 😴💤.   For the past few days I’ve been working on reconciling statements.  I have 4 more remaining, so great progress!

Pumpkin display.  This gentleman enters his pumpkins in the Half Moon Bay pumpkin context & usually wins for prettiest pumpkin!



11/20/2020.  See landscaping tab.  In addition to our meeting with the landscape architect, Leslie, McKenna, I napped, picked up pineapple guavas, and set out to bags for someone to pick up.  I also worked on the books, finally received having the data I need from Amazon.  I also FT'd with my sister.
I'm still trying to figure out why I can't access my WAP's router page.
11/19/2020.  My round dance partner and I had a "cache-dance" at Pichetti and we found 3 geo-caches.  When I returned home, there was chaos!  Jose, Jr. was here and trying to get the husband to help him place the basins for the water.  The husband was VERY frustrated & unhappy.  
I also moved the WAP router and was able to connect to the new Rachio sprinkler controller.  However, I can no longer get to my WAP's router page.
Tied to a little log

Hidden behind a rail


Hidden in the log



Tree moss, so beautiful


Dry Stevens Creek reservoir

11/18/2020.  I sent out the meeting notice and attended.  I worked on connectivity of the new Rachio sprinkler controller, but couldn't get it to connect.  The WIFI won't reach.  I worked with a friend on possible solutions, including purchasing a WIFI extender. 
11/17/2020.  This was a big day for the arrival of materials:  both the pavers and some of the plants arrived, see Landscape tab for pictures.  Since  I "micro-manage" I stood by and watched the entire unloading process.  This keeps me entertained during the COVID-19 lockdown 🤣🤣🤣 .  I talked to my sister & brother-in-law & congratulated them on their recent purchase.
11/16/2020.  Happy Birthday to my father in heaven 💕💕💕 !  I love you and remember you every day.  You were the best!  I made a collage for his birthday and posted it on FB.  The collage contained pictures from most of his life from when he was little.  How quickly time passes!  For his birthday, our four planters arrived, see Landscape tab.  That was quite a project to get them offloaded & wrangled into place.  They are VERY big and heavy (200 pound each).   I'm hoping they will look OK 😕🙁!
The owner of the landscape company also visited today.  The pavers will arrive tomorrow as will the rain!
I FT'd with my sister.  On the COVID-19 front, there's another very promising vaccine and the entire state has now reverted to PURPLE because the positivity rate has climbed again. 
11/15/2020.  I slept in late & vowed to make this a good day & I did! I watered 💦💦💦 all the indoor & outdoor plants, worked on the books, picked up pineapple guavas, & weeded the back plot (I filled a whole totter)!  I put some spare sprinkler parts on Craigs List for sale & cleaned up mesh I was using too cover the sprinklers.  Then I had a long nap 😴💤!  The husband & I watched Waterworld.  It’s a pretty good movie!   I also sent out the meeting notice for Wednesday.
11/14/2020.  We had a phone meeting with the husband’s sister.   She is so very happy in her new home in Wisconsin.  She likes her home & surroundings much better than her old home in Kalispel.   She truly deserves this happiness.   She has also made some very nice friends in her neighborhood.   
I hid out in the bed today again hoping to wake up to the pandemic being gone.   That didn’t work.  I also did not eat well.  I FT’d with my sister.
11/13/2020.  It's Friday the 13th😬!  Not a happy headline!

The husband took me for a nice walk today.  I'm back to hiding out in bed hoping the pandemic will be over when I wake up.  How"s that working out for you?  Not good 😢!
The husband took me for a nice drive & I FT'd with the sister.  I also attended a Zoom meeting with one of the clubs. 

Flower in the hood
Flower in the hood

Flower in the hood



Favorite Chinese Pistache tree in the hood

11/12/2020.  The husband took me for a nice walk today.   We found out that my Doctor at the Mayo Clinic is retiring!  That spooked me because he is one of the best in his specialty in the country.  Fortunately, I have another wonderful doctor in the same specialty at Stanford.  I FT'd with my sister.


Chinese Pistache trees on our street.
11/11/2020.  It is Veteran's Day & I sent out a message to the veteran's I know to thank them for their service 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸.
The husband & I decided to reduce the size of the "no mow grass"  We are happy with the new layout.  I took quite a bit of effort to figure this out.  We positioned the antique hay rake so we would know exactly how to arrange things.
I picked pineapple guavas & watered them.



The husband ventured out to Costco.  I sent out the meeting notice for our club meeting tonight.

11/10/2020.  I "cache-danced" (combination of searching for geo-caches & hiking) with my round dance partner today  Here is the geo-cache we found.  It was marked as "easy" but we had a bit of a tough time finding it.  As usual, it was filled with small objects that neither of us wanted  🤣!
Stevens Creek reservoir is very dry, see pictures.

Stevens Creek Reservoir, very low on water



























Jose, Jr. visited and we walked the project with him.  I also showed him the damage to the electrical which I previously showed to the owner.
11/09/2020.  The landscaper folks were here today as usual.  I collected pineapple guavas for them & sent out the meeting notice for our club.
The husband vacuumed then took me for a nice walk 🚶🏻‍♀️.  I steamed all the slate, the downstairs bathroom floor, the crafts room floor and the stainless steel kitchen sinks.  I also made a paste of cleaning product for the kitchen sinks & cleaned them.  They are looking pretty good.  I ordered some things from Amazon, including citric acid to finish the cleaning of the stainless steel sinks.
For the first time since March, I visited my hairdresser 💇🏻‍♀️ to have my hair cut & colored.  She worked outside, to be safe.  When I returned home, I waited for the hair coloring to complete, then showered 🚿🧼, & deep conditioned my hair.  I also washed clothes (required a super large load).
I FT'd with my sister.
11/08/2020.  Happy Birthday to my Mom in heaven 🥳💐🎊🎁🎉🎈💕!  I made a card for her and posted it. I picked up pineapple guavas for someone who came by. I picked up our order at Wal-Mart & the husband wiped everything down.  My spiritual mentor & friend visited to see the yard.  I had a nice nap and watered all the indoor and outdoor plants.
11/07/2020.  Today we have a new president, Joe Biden.  Since the vote count was pretty evenly split, 1/2 of the country is happy & the other 1/2 is unhappy.  I hope President-elect Biden can reunite the country.  On the good news side, he's bringing two German Shepherds  🐶🐶 into the White House and the new First Lady is Italian 🇮🇹!
I picked pineapple guavas, prepared two bags for a friend &  had a nice shower  🚿🧼.   I had a lovely walk 🚶🏻‍♀️ today with my friend from square dancing.  It was a beautiful, brisk fall day, perfect for a hike.  She is so wise, I really enjoy our walks.

Chinese Pistache tree in the hills
I napped then FT'd with my sister.  She had a nice birthday party today for her youngest son. The husband and I watched a movie, "Kingsman the Secret Service".  It was an OK movie, high body count, not much of a plot. I placed an order at Wal-Mart.
11/06/2020.  I don't have a headache today, Yah🥳🎊🎉!!!!  I got up early to take pictures of the underground pipes before they are buried & somewhat organized them.  
The husband and I decided that piling up rocks from our supply was not going to work, so I looked for an alternative.  I called several suppliers, and Spanish Town near Half Moon Bay texted me some interesting boulders.  The husband & I ventured over there & we found 2 that we liked (see Landscaping tab for pictures).
Then, we briefly went to Half Moon Bay to see the ocean.

A lot of folks are still upset because the results of the presidential election have not been announced.  The sitting president has already initiated quite a few lawsuits to attempt to get vote counting stopped and this further upsets people.  He will not "go gently into that good night" !  I FT'd with my sister & also talked to another friend today.  I sent several e-mails out to solicit homes for our many pineapple guavas.
11/05/2020.  I have another headache today, I believe it is a residual effect from the flu shot 💉.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the hood.
I took a lot of pictures of our open irrigation trenches, downloaded and organized them.  I also sent an e-mail to our landscape architect and landscaper regarding our two water features.
I talked to our hair dresser.  She said business is way down and that makes me sad.  I also talked to our cousin who is farming our property.
Flowers in the 'hood
My sister & I FT'd this evening.  The big question on everyone's mind is when will we know who won the presidency?  Right now it appears that former VP Biden is ahead, but there are many votes being hand-counted in swing states. 
11/04/2020.  The husband and I ventured to Pottery Planet in Los Gatos to look for stone water features.  We believe we've found one. 
Candidate for water features & blooming ginger (smells wonderful)
We also stopped in to say hello to our cousin.  Unfortunately she was in a business meeting & couldn't talk.  She had us pick a fresh cucumber from her garden & I took a picture of her lovely hibiscus.


I was really weak when we returned home, hydrated, ate & had a long nap.  I FT'd with my sister.
11/03/2020.  Today is voting day 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸!  The country probably will not have the results for many days.  The husband & I got our flu shot 💉 today.   It went well.   I rested afterwards.  There was a brief period where all of our Comcast services were completely down & our cell 📱 weren’t working 🤪🤪🤪!  I was worried that maybe the landscapers had cut some cables.
I FT’d with my sister & niece.   
I cleaned my crafts room & updated my Swarovski inventory.  The results of the presidential election are still not in.  It looks like the president could win.   
11/02/2020.  The landscape folks are getting a lot done.  One of the things we decided to replace was a galvanized pipe.  Once they dug it out it was so corroded that it easily broke off.  That was a disaster averted.  The owner of the company, Jeff,  arrived and we discussed all of my agenda items.  The meeting lasted about 2 hours.
I tried to remove the front hoses and unfortunately, a part from the hose splitter broke off inside of the hose female coupling.  After trying many things to remove it, I finally cut off the hose end and installed a new female coupling.
I had a nap and FT'd with my sister.
The custom steel planter beds are on order!  I'm very excited about that.
11/01/2020.  Welcome to November!  My sister & brother in law came by for an hour visit before they left.  I had a lovely nap 💤😴!    I watered the outside plants & deep watered the redwood tree 🌲. I used the new sprinkler system to deep water the pineapple guavas.  I was on a big search for a set of keys 🔑 and in looking for them I:
Cleaned my bench in the garage
Swept part of the garage
Organized & put away my sprinkler parts
Pulled apart the recliner & vacuumed it
Vacuumed half of the downstairs, & the husband “bona’d” it
The husband found the keys 🔑 neatly hung on one of our posts 😂😂😂!
We also did two statements, I cleaned the very dirty stainless steel kitchen sinks, we cleaned the glass on the fireplace & lit 🔥 it, and we picked pineapple guavas.  
Unfortunately, I pulled a rib muscle😪 while I disassembling the recliner in searching 🔦 for the missing keys.  Today’s steps = 7.7K without hiking anywhere!
10/31/2020.  Happy Halloween 🎃👻!  I got up early to water 💦 all my inside plants.  I also connected one part of the old sprinkler system so I could use it to water.  My sister & brother-in-law came over.  I was going to run the automatic sprinkler system to all the zones & discovered that we lost power to the garage.  My sister, brother-in-law & I had a nice walk around the hood.   We walked to a nearby street so I could show them a tear-down that sold for an extraordinary amount of money 💰💰💰!  As usual on this street there were a bunch of private security people parked along the street.  I always talk to them but did not know who they were protecting.    We ran into some neighbors and they told us that the person who hired the private security folks is Susan Wojcicji, Google employee # 16 & CEO of YouTube!  My sister was impressed!  That was an interesting discovery.
The husband ran over to Costco to pick up Annie LuLu’s prescription.  He bought himself & my brother-in-law a chicken bake.  My sister & brother-in-law went back to their hotel to rest & I rested too 😴💤!   When they returned, my brother-in-law researched the power outage issue & discovered that the folks who tore out the concrete, hit an electrical conduit just outside the garage causing the breakers to trip.  We decided it was safer to keep the power off.  Then I jumped over all the open trenches and watered all the zones by manually turning it them on.  Total steps = 8.3k.
I made an angel for my sister to give to her neighbor who lost a college age son in a tragic accident 😢😢😢.
Flowers & huge Chinese pistache tree in the 'hood.



10/30/2020.  Today was a very busy day.  Jose Jr. came by (landscape project manager) & we walked through some items.  I picked up our order at Wal-Mart after a 35 minute wait.  The husband wiped down the groceries & I put them away.   The husband & I had a nice walk around the ‘hood.  My sister & brother in law dropped by on their way to the hotel & we had a nice visit.  My friends also came by for some pineapple guavas.   I gave them a quick tour of the yard.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼.  Then my sister & brother-in-law returned for another visit.   I washed clothes & organized some of my papers 📝, magazines, & bills. Today’s steps = 8.6K.
10/29/2020.  I cancelled the entire Wal-Mart order because they said they didn’t have milk 🥛.   Yet, when I looked on-line I was able to put milk in my cart!   That whole process consumed an hour 😡!  The husband & I went to Redwood City to collect the paver samples & I got gas ⛽️ at Costco.  The landscaping project is well underway.   All of the back concrete is gone.   The crew is making great progress on the trenching & installation of the irrigation system. I let the landscaper know what color  pavers we are using as well as the pattern.  The husband & I collected pineapple guavas again. I used the list from my cancelled  Wal-Mart  order & created a new one.  Hopefully we’ll get everything.   I FT’d with my sister & added some boxes of triscuits to my order for my brother-in-law!
10/28/2020.  There was a lot of progress in the yard today.  Demolition of the back concrete is in progress.  The husband and I picked pineapple guavas today.  I'm drowning in them.  I watered some of the outdoor plants & placed an order at Wal-Mart for pick up tomorrow.
I called the garbage / organics/ recycling company and we will have additional totters delivered on Friday, Yah!  I also scheduled the delivery of two large debris bags for November 20.  My replacement driver's license arrived today 😊😊😊!
The sample pavers are in and the husband and I will venture out to pick them up tomorrow.


10/27/2020.  I hiked with my round dance partner at Picchetti and we found a geocache.  He calls it cache-dancing.  There's a lot of digging going on in the yard.
I contacted the company supplying the pavers and they are ordering samples for me.




















10/26/2020.  The owner of the landscape company and his project manager came over and we set up the irrigation plan.  This took a few hours.  

I had several action items from the meeting,  most of which I completed today.
I had a walk in the "hood because I needed to pray.  A close friend of mine is undergoing surgery tomorrow.
I also attended a funeral service for a co-worker who passed away a week ago.  The husband and I decided on the color of the pavers we will use.

Flower in the hood





Vegetarian chili with tofu


















10/25/2020.  I watered all my indoor and outdoor plants and did a load of wash.  I capped some of the unused heads in the back that used to water the now removed pine trees.  In the process I discovered that some of my pipes are broken.  I will have the guys repair them tomorrow.  The husband & I picked up more pineapple guavas & I FT'd with my sister.

Dinner
Rose now blooming
10/24/2020.  My friend from square dancing and I had a wonderful hike up in Los Altos hills today.   We've viewed this amazing property from our hikes.  Investigation revealed that it is owned by Yuri Milner who purchased it for $100M in 2011. 
When I came home I overate, then had a huge nap.  Meanwhile, the husband sold our old fence gates for $80!  A friend of mine came by and I gave him 3 bags of pineapple guavas. 
I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼& washed clothes.  
10/23/2020. Lots of work with the landscapers today.  We got the patio grinding straightened out.  They've already replaced two of the back risers. and placed them underground.  I will test them tomorrow. 
The husband took be for a nice walk in the hood.
I've reduced the size of this entry and the typing no long lags behind the display.  Apparently, the new "improved" Blogger cannot handle the number of entries in my original blogs, ie a year's worth.

Flowers in the hood

Spooky Halloween Decor

Dinner




10/22/2020. Today was Day 2 of our landscaping project, see Landscaping tab.  I had a nice nap then took myself for a 3 mile (7.7K steps) walk.  I had a nice conversation with my friend and spiritual mentor.  She and her husband are enjoying staying home!  Her husband goes for long walks every day.
Blooming cactus
Blooming cactus




10/22/2020.  Just a quick test to see if the typing display improved.   NO!!!
10/21/2020. The landscape project began today!   The landscaping crew arrived at 8:00 am & I had not slept much.  This is a very exciting project!  I've moved all landscape pictures over to the new tab, "Landscape".
I had a nice long nap this afternoon.  I tried out the headset I purchased on Amazon Prime day.  I think I like it.  Using FT, I sister around the yard outside to show her today's progress & to test out the headset too.
I sent out the reminder for today's club meeting & I attended.  I washed a load of clothes..
Rose bud from the garden
Next year's oranges!
10/20/2020.  I placed, then cancelled, then placed an order pickup order with Safeway.  Our landscape contractor, Lifescape Custom Landscapes, visited today and complemented us on how much we had accomplished.   I managed the big projects fence pressure washing, tree removal and trimming, and painting), and the husband did a huge amount of clean-up of items on the back concrete slab.
He walked through the property with his project manager and they will start tomorrow morning at 7:30 am..  This will be a 2 month project.
I made an appointment for my bone density scan. Then I picked up the order from Safeway.  The husband wiped everything down & I put it away.  Afterwards, we did some work in  the yard and determined  where everything will be staged for give-away or sale.  I FT'd with my sister who also has a big project underway.  I also watered all the outside plants.  
I had a nice nap, then sent replies to 6 people who requested some pineapple guavas.  
10/19/2020.  The husband and I drove down to the post office to mail our ballots.  Here's our piles of election materials!
Two more folks picked up their pineapple guava bags.
The landscape installer is coming tomorrow with his project manager  They plan to start on Wednesday! 
I glued the cover on to our scale and also glued down the vinyl in the mud room that was curling up.  I used by favorite E6000 glue for both projects.  It's awesome!
10/18/2020.  I had a great nap.   The husband & I  picked up pineapple guavas & we now have 3 boxes.  We also had a lovely walk through the hood.  
I watered all my indoor & outdoor plants.
Flowers in the hood!

My first ginger plant bloom.  It smells delicious!  The next flower is the husband's cactus.  We are excited because we don't believe it has ever bloomed!
10/17/2020.  I attended our club’s board meeting today.  Then I had a great hike with my friend from square dancing up in the hills.   I really enjoy he companionship & friendship.   I had a lovely nap 😴💤, then FT’d with my sister.   The husband  vacuumed 🧹 the downstairs meaning that tomorrow I will need to  "Bona" the wood floors & steam clean the slate.  

Halloween decor in the Hills.
Witches circle
Many skeletons & bones!
Witches coven

Halloween decor Sergey Brin's estate





Google eyes in front of  Sergey Brin's estate!














Dinner
Dinner
10/16/2020.  I'm so tired of reporting the Blogger problem to Google.  I believe that Google is trying to force us Bloggers to leave the platform.  I’m  now trying it on Chrome on the iPAD.   Same bad result!
I watered the outdoor plants.  The husband & I collected more pineapple guavas.  I attended the Katydids zoom meeting this evening.   They are a great group!

I wrote out 10 more voter postcards & got them ready for mailing.  I ordered a replacement Driver’s License also.

10/15/20.  I walked with my friend to deliver some pineapple guavas.  We then sat in her lovely backyard and chatted.   She and her husband have socially distanced dinners with friends once a week & they also hike every day with a group.
Our landscaper may start the installation next week!  I prepared a list of all the changes to the plans so he can bid it again.
Halloween decor in the hood.  They are social distancing!






Great salad using new vegan dressing!


I picked up pineapples guavas from the ground.  
I also submitted a complaint to Google Blogger about the lag in typing display.
I FT'd with my sister.  She reminded me that I could have socially distance dinners too if we wanted too!
10/14/2020.  I watered the outside plants today and trimmed a few of them.  I sent out the invitation to our club for the meeting tonight & attended it.  The topic was "First Job".  There were a lot of very interesting stories.
The husband and I took a ride downtown to see all the wine barrel parklets set up outside of many restaurants.  Some of them are decorated with lights & they all look very nice.
It was very hot today.  My Driver's License still hasn't appeared.
The husband's cacti blooms.  We hope they open this yar!

Roses still blooming!

10/13/2020. I called a few of the places that I thought might have found my Driver's License, but no luck.
I hiked with my friend at Picchetti Winery.  We found two geocaches.  He was very happy. 







 
When I came home, I prepared two packages  to return to Amazon, dropped one off at Kohl's and the other one off at the UPS store.  I also stopped at the vet to pick up some syringes for Annie LuLu to administer her medicine.  When I returned home, I had a big, lovely nap.  I FT'd with my sister and with my niece.
Dinner!

10/12/2020.  Wal-Mart was out of the bread that we needed so I cancelled the order via chat.  I placed an order with Safeway.  I also created a spreadsheet for all the requests I received for pineapple guavas.  I will process them in the order received.




I watered the inside & outside plants 🌱.  The husband & I went to Safeway to pick up the order.  half of it was for another person.   I spent at least another one and 1/2 hours getting that corrected..
I FT’d with my sister & decided to return the 3 sweatshirts.   That will require a visit to Kohl’s and to the Post Office 🤪 🤪🤪!
Wild Cottontail in our yard!
10/11/2020.  The husband and I walked in the hills (6.6K steps) to re-trace my path looking for my lost Driver's License.  Unfortunately, no luck with that!    I had a nice nap.  
The husband colored my hair 💇🏻‍♀️ today, Yah!!!!  I have no headache and that is real cause for celebration!  Our pineapple guavas are flooding in!  I put together our Wal-Mart order for tomorrow.



10/10/2020.  I had a great hike in the hills with my friend from square dancing.   She is a very kind, smart, & thoughtful person (steps=7.5K).                  
When I returned home, I noticed that my Driver’s license was missing.   I returned to the parking lot to look for it, but no luck 😫🤪😬.  I looked in the garage, the car, and my purse, no luck.   I FT’d with my sister.    The husband has agreed to hike with me in the hills tomorrow to look 👀 for it.

10/09/2020.  Today I was really tired and basically did nothing!  We discovered that the "bananas" we received were actually plantains🤣🤣🥴🥴 !  I put them on Nexdoor for free!

Plantains
Dinner
10/08/2020.  I had the appointment with Dr. Vaughan today.  He is so wonderful.  He examined my sinuses and said that there is no blockage, that he suspects he smoke is causing my headaches.  
I told him that under normal circumstances, I would hug him.  He said, since we are both wearing masks, I can hug him, so I did!
Afterwards, I went up to Stanford for my quarterly blood draws.  I came home & rested.  I had a shower and washed the clothes I wore to the Dr. and to Stanford.  I prepared this delicious salad yesterday!


10/07/2020.  I met with the painters.  They are finished & everything looks great.  I gave them some more pineapple guavas to take with them.
In between all of this, Stanford advised me that the insurance would not pay for the radiology exam today because it had not been a year.  I spent a lot of time attempting to reschedule both the exam and the Dr's appointment 🥴😵! 
The husband's drapes arrived so we went over to his place and hung them.  He also shopped at Costco for us, we got home and unpacked all the groceries.  I placed an order at Wal-Mart and picked it up at 6:00 pm,.  After both shopping adventures, we wiped down all the products that needed refrigeration / freezing. 
Unfortunately, we were unable to get the full supply of bananas at either Costco or Wal-Mart.
I watered all the outdoor plants.
We listened to some of the Vice Presidential debates.  It FT'd with my sister.  We decided that the new headset did not work well.  I will return it.
I finished writing all my voter postcards today.
10/06/2020.  My round dance partner and I hiked at Pichettti Winery.  For the first part of our trip, we searched for a Geochache and found it!
The painters were here today and will be finished tomorrow.  I picked some more pineapple guavas.
I FT'd with my sister using the new blue tooth headset and showed her around the garden.  I also walked down the street with it.
Geochache



 View of Stevens Creek Reservoir.   Note how low the water is.
 Sunset


 Roses from our garden in October!



10/05/2020.  I finally got my appointment at Stanford for the bone density test.  They still had not received the results of my COVID-19 test, so I had it FAXed over.  I also made an appointment with Dr. Vaughan.  I stopped doing my daily nose rinses and I'm afraid the hole he drilled in my sinuses may have closed.  I signed up for yet another on-line health care system that services Dr. Vaughan. 
In between all of this, I worked with the painters to trim out the garage and sheds.  They both look great now.  
We had a very productive meeting with our landscape architect.  I wrote up the notes & action items & sent them.  I also picked more pineapple guavas.  I FT'd with my sister & at the same time we talked to my niece.
I had a nice shower & washed clothes.  I still have my headache.  🤕🤕🤕










10/04/2020.   The air is much better today!  I had a nice walk up in the hills with my friend from square dancing.  Later the husband and I had another walk (total = 10K steps).  I watered the inside and outside plants (in the dark).I'm very upset because I ignored my Phalaeonopsis and a few of the plants have lost leaves.  I hope they all survive.  I still have my headache today 🤕🤕🤕.  I gave a bag of pineapple guavas to our neighbor.
10/03/2020.  The husband vacuumed the downstairs.  I helped him and "Bona'd" the hardwood floors and steamed the slate and tile.  
We picked up the pregnisolone pills from the vet.  Annie LuLu is doing very well with her output:  no diarrhea!  I had a nice nap.  I still have my headache today.  My COVID-19 test came back negative.  We are also still very upset that the President has tested positive.
10/02/2020.  The painters and I decided that the entire upstairs needs paining because the color is so very faded.   We are shocked at how the color faded over the past years. 
The painters finished the garage and the shed.  I decided that I wanted some of the trim painted, so I will work with the painter on that on Monday.I FT'd with my sister too.  I still have a headache 🤕🤕🤕!



















10/01/2020.  Welcome to October.  The air is very bad today.  The painters arrived at 8 am, I left for my COVID-19 test and arrived there at 9 am.  The process is very well orchestrated and you remain in your car with masks on the entire time.  There are four stations:  one to check you in (appointment is required), 2nd one to give you the kit which is placed under the windshield wiper, 3rd is to have you self administer the test.  This was a bit tricky, but the very nice gentleman carefully walked me through it.  The 4th station is to give a thumbs up or down on how you rate the process.
Afterwards, I went to Lowes to get my pickup order.  When I came home, I napped.
I still have a headache 🤕🤕🤕 today. 
The painters left early due to the heat and the smoke.  In the evening, I watered some of the outdoor plants.  I FT'd with my sister.
Annie LuLu FINALLY has normal output.  One of the new medicines the Veterinarian ordered appears to be working!  We are both very happy about that, & I bet that she is too.
We found out this evening that the President and First Lady have tested positive for the COVID-19 😥😥😥!  

No comments:

Post a Comment