Friday, January 1, 2021

The Journey 01/01/2021 - 03/31/2021

03/31/2021.  Happy last day of March πŸ—“️!  Today our little kitty had lots of problems so I spent a lot of time cleaning and steaming.  She still seems lethargic.  I sent out the club's meeting notice and attended the meeting.  It was a fun meeting, topic = April Fools πŸ€‘ jokes you played on others or others played on you.  
I talked to my cousin today and he had a meeting with 3 different entities who may be involved on the project on our farm.  He truly believes the project will happen because our farm is in the perfect location.  I FT'd my sister & relayed the information to herI updated the FF website.
My brother-in-law feels great today following his treatment yesterday πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘!
03/30/2021.  My cousin called this morning with some great news about what of our farms.  I relayed the information to my sister.  My brother-in-law visited his doctor & will NOT have to have surgery πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰; physical therapy is recommended. 
The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood (steps = 9.4K) from which I peeled off to say prayers πŸ™ .   I FT'd with my sister &  had a nice nap πŸ’€πŸ˜΄.  
I cleaned all the bathrooms πŸ›, the laundry room and kitchen sinks & washed all the rags.  I also installed a replacement part for one of the soft close toilets.  It wasn't working correctly.

Wisteria smelled wonderful

Flowers in our garden


03/29/2021.  My partner & I hiked at San Antonio Park.  We found three very easy to find geocaches. Unfortunately, I led him to a longer path & we hiked 16.9k steps or 7.1 miles 🚢🏻‍♀️🚢🏻‍♂️, way longer than we expected.   It would have been fine, but I pulled a muscle in my back wrangling with the dryer hose yesterday & a few days before that.   After the hike I napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.   I washed a load of clothes πŸ‘•πŸ‘–πŸ’¦πŸ§Ό.   The husband made a delicious dish with tofu, potatoes πŸ₯”, and spinach πŸ₯¬πŸ˜‹!    
My sister’s friend is back in the hospital at UC Davis while they treat him with the appropriate medication for the next 5 days.  This morning he couldn’t walkπŸ˜₯!
Geocache # 1


Geocache # 2

Geocache # 3


Wildflower

View from the top.  Very beautiful day


An old farm implement at the farm


03/28/2021.  I updated the FF web site & sent out the notice for the club's meeting. The husband took me for a walk around the hood (steps = 6.9K).  I peeled off to say my prayers πŸ™.  
The husband & I used my new gizmo to vacuum out the lint from our dryer.  It worked pretty well.  I watered all my plants πŸŒ± and had a nice shower πŸ›πŸšΏπŸ§ΌπŸ§½.  I FT'd with my sister.  Her friend was admitted to the hospital, however, he got agitated and the doctor checked him out.  That is so not good because he needs treatment for his problem IMMEDIATELY!!

Around the 'hood




In our garden






03/27/2021.  I cleaned out a lot of old e-mail and now have lots of room.
I updated the FF web site several times.  I also researched replacements for  Fototime.  Right now I'm using  Fototime to organize  & uploading photos to Google photos.
The husband removed the left over hoses from behind the shed and told me to put them out on the street marked "FREE".  I saved one hose, put the rest on the street, advertised them on Nextdoor, and they were all gone within one hour!  
We also moved the compost bin and I did a tiny bit of gardening.  I FT'd with my sister.  The doctors may have found the problem with her friend and hopefully treatment will start today.
03/26/2021.  A potential gardener came over to give us a bid for monthly gardening.   The bid was shockingly high πŸ˜–πŸ˜§πŸ˜².
The husband & I visited a square dancing acquaintance to view her garden.  It is amazing; she is a MASTER gardener.  She knows all the botanical names of the plants, keeps multiple worm bins, and composts everything.  She is growing everything in pots and must have 500 to 700 of them, all of which she hand waters πŸ’¦!  I was amazed.
The husband and I then went to Krispy Kreme donuts for our 2 free donuts πŸ©πŸ˜‹, then he went into Costco to pick up a few things. I watered the phaleonopsis & updated the FF website.
03/25/2021.  I picked up the Wal-mart order, napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€, & FT'd with my sister.  We also had a Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in-law. She's had a few beautiful days in Wisconsin. I washed a few loads of clothes & pointed out the one dead plant I knew about to our gardeners. 
I updated the FF website.
03/24/2021.  My partner & I had a wonderful hike at Pichetti winery, no rescues of either hiking poles or people (me) was necessary!  It was a beautiful day.  I sent out and attended the club's meeting this evening.  The meeting was still going after 2 1/2 hours when I left.  I prepared a Wal-mart order for pick up tomorrow.
Geocache.  This one took a while to find.  Complete with toy, roman gold coin, and ring with working light!






Wildflowers
Beautiful views



03/23/2021.  I vacuumed all the downstairs floors, "Bona'd" the hardwood and steamed the bathroom, craft room floor, and slate.  I napped in between all of thisπŸ˜΄πŸ’€.  My back hurts and the floors look great!
03/22/2021.  The husband & I walked around the 'hood and then ran errands:  to the post office, to Kohl's to return an Amazon package, and then to Krispy Kreme donuts to get our 2 free donuts  πŸ© πŸ˜‹.   Krispy Kreme is giving away one free donut each day to anyone who has been vaccinated.
I cleaned up the craft room a bit.  In the process of putting things away, I discovered a leak πŸ’¦ under our kitchen sink so I called our favorite plumber to put me on the list.  I worked on some FF web site issues & I had a nice nap πŸ’€πŸ˜΄!
Pretty daffodil downtown

03/21/2021.  Today was one of those days πŸ€ͺπŸ₯΄πŸ˜².  I FT'd with my sister.  Her friend is still not doing well πŸ˜’😒😒.
I had a long nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ & it was very difficult to wake up.
I discovered that the Fototime web site is down & has been down since March 10th.  There's one forum that is tracking this outage & I'm now registered on it.  I have 122,600 pictures under management by that site, all of which, fortunately, are backed up.  A number of people on the forum do not have their photos backed up.  That said, it will take a gargantuan effort to migrate to another photo management software.
I sent out the club's meeting notice.  
Annie LuLu had a very bad day and there was quite a lot of cleanup to do.  I washed & dried three sets of towels, and the husband put them away.
To do something productive, I watered all my plants πŸŒ± .  
03/20/2021.  I attended the SCVSDA meeting from 11am to 2:30 pm.  Then, the husband took me for a lovely spring walk around the hood (steps = 7.6K).  I veered off to say my prayers πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.  I FT’d with my sister & had a lovely nap πŸ’€πŸ˜΄! I’m still traumatized from yesterday’s harrowing 😫 adventure! 
 I updated the FF web site.   It’s not displaying properly on mobile devices.  

Cala lily in the 'hood

Strange bloom from new landscaping


03/19/2021.   My partner & I hiked at Stevens Creek County Park  (steps = 7.5K).  It was a great hike until geo-cache # 3.  As I was poking around for the geo-cache, I lost one of my poles.  The pole slipped down a very steep slope and at the bottom of the slope, around 150 feet down was a creek.  I insisted on going down for it.   My hiking partner said absolutely no, so we devised another plan.  He got a rope from his car, he tied it around my waist, and then to a tree.  I retrieved the pole all right and threw it up to the road.  However, the ground below me was VERY SOFT & I couldn't get a foothold.  It was also covered by wet, slippery bay leaves.  At points in trying to crawl back up the hill, I honestly didn't think I was going to make it.  Finally, I used the rope that was tied to the tree to haul myself back up.  I was covered in mud.  This adventure is pictorially shown below.
Moreover, the husband was VERY concerned because it was 2:30 pm and he had not heard from me.  The battery on my phone was completely dead.  On the way home, I called my sister after the battery had recharged sufficiently & she urged me to call my husband immediately, which I did.  I brought him lots of treats for my "penance" .   I washed those muddy clothes and several other loads of clothes.  Then I napped πŸ’€πŸ˜΄.

Beautiful views right after the rains!

Wildflowers!



First geocache




2nd Geocache
3rd Geocache.  This is where I lost my pole





Rope tied around my waist, full of mud & terrified


03/18/2021.  We had a Zoom meeting with my sister-in-law.   She is trying to decide if the vaccine is right for her.   She is not used to getting shots, including the annual flu shotπŸ’‰.
03/17/2021.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€  We picked up my computer & it's in quarantine.  I napped hard and had very weird dreams πŸ’­πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.  I applied a poultice to some calcium deposits on the granite today and unfortunately the poultice did not remove the stains.  I may buy another product.  I sent out our club's meeting notice and attended the meeting.
I had a lovely shower too πŸšΏπŸ›πŸ§½.
03/16/2021.  We had our appointment with the accountant who gave me an A++ for the preparation πŸ†πŸ₯‡!  My sister's friend had a great afternoon, so prayers were answered!  I had a nice nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ & called several times about my computer.  However, it's still not ready, but will be ready tomorrow morning.
My father's clematis, glowing in the sun
 



03/15/2021.  The husband took me for a nice walk & I veered off to say prayers πŸ™ (steps = 8K).    I watered the rest of my indoor plants πŸŒ±πŸŒΏ.  At 11:30 pm, the internet went down so I was unable to watch movies πŸŽ¬πŸŽ₯🎦 or TV shows.  I finally gave up and went to sleep.
03/14/2021.  I got up really late this afternoon.  I sent out the meeting notice and notes for the club.  
The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood (steps = 7.8K, 3.5 miles).  I veered off and said prayers πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.  I watered the phalaenopsis & then I napped  πŸ’€πŸ˜΄.   The husband & I watched a few  episodes of "Heavy Rescue" on the Weather channel.  My father would have loved seeing all that heavy machinery used for the rescues.  Most of it is very sophisticated, yet the rescues involve a lot of skill and knowledge.
I talked to my spiritual mentor today and we discussed the return to dancing scenarios.  It will be very challenging for me to result old practices of touching hands with others and not wearing masks!  We have been so diligent for the past year on following all the COVID-19 protocols.
Magnolia Stellata

Mustard flowers


Clivia flowers, spell wonderful!




Clematis, grown by my father from seed!




03/13/2021.  I picked up the Wal-mart order at 7:55 am and the husband helped me wipe it down.  I went back to bed to finish my sleep πŸ›ŒπŸ˜΄πŸ’€.  I took myself for a lovely walk in the hills & said prayers πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ (steps = 7.9K).  
I called Clickaway, but the computer is not yet ready.  I FT'd with my sister.  Her friend is still at the teaching hospital;  the doctors have so far been unable to do a successful spinal tap for analysis.
I updated the FF web site.





Deer decked out in St. Patrick's Day decor

Deer decked out in St. Patrick's Day decor

The husband made chili with tofu for dinner πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!
03/12/2021.  I stayed up until 4 am last night getting my new computer ready for Clickaway.  
The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood (steps = 7.1K).  I also said all my prayers πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.  We also had a Zoom family meeting with our sister/sister-in-law.  She is doing well & loves her new home πŸ‘🌲 in the forest.  
I checked the Clickaway "to-do" list, printed it out and took the computer over there.  The gentleman was very impressed that I generated a list of all the installed programs on my old PC.  He said in 12 years of doing this, he'd never seen this done before.  Ha! 
They'll have it completed by tomorrow πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  and I'll isolate it for a few days.
I had several FT meetings with my sister.  Her friend is hospitalized again at a prestigious teaching hospital, so hopefully they can get to the bottom of this issue.
I placed an order at Wal-mart for pickup between 7 and 8 am πŸ₯΄.

My mother grew these flowers.  Unfortunately, I did not get cuttings that grew

Spring flowers & my Father's Clivia grown from seeds!



03/11/2021.  I had a tele-visit with one of my Stanford doctors.  She confirmed that my SMM is stable.  That is excellent news of course πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!  I cleaned the dishwasher rack and it looks great.  Now that taxes are in, I an concentrate on other tasks. 
The husband took me for a lovely walk around the 'hood today (steps = 6.2K).  I checked in with two of my friends who received their 2nd vaccine πŸ’‰πŸ’‰ today & they are all doing fine!
I'm preparing a list of installed programs so I can bring my computer in.
My sister's friend has been hospitalized πŸ₯ again because his symptoms are back πŸ˜’.
Spring in the 'hood, so beautiful!




Bird near one of our fountains

 

03/10/2021.  I had a lovely shower πŸ›πŸšΏπŸ§ΌπŸ§½ and then off to get my hair done.  My wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡‍♀️ did my hair outside her salon today.  I use my own cape, she applies the color, I leave, then wait for the color, wash it out, condition it for 45 minutes, then fix my hair.  It looks great!  I had a nice nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.
I sent out the club's meeting notice today and attended.  I FT'd with my sister.  Her friend is having a difficult time once again.   Her family is bringing this person to a medical center πŸ₯ to have more examinations.
I soaked the dishwasher rack.
03/09/2021.  I woke up early (for me) to get our tax appointment.  I had a lovely nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ & woke up feeling very refreshed 😌!  The husband & I walked around the hood & I veered off to say prayers πŸ™ (steps = 7.8K).   I topped off the two water features⛲️.  We actually received rain 🌧 today πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.  I watered all my indoor plants 🌿, cleaned my coffee mug,  reconciled one of my accounts with Quicken & washed several loads of clothes πŸ‘•πŸ‘–πŸ§Ό.  

Spring glory in the "hood!






03/08/2021.  The husband and I had a quick walk around the hood.  My cousin was buried today and I prayed for him during the time that the ceremony was being held at his grave  πŸ˜’😒😒.  
On the good news side, we finished our tax project and uploaded all the documents πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜….  The scan program wasn't working properly so  I had to uninstall it & re-install πŸ₯΄.  Also, my sister's friend is out of the woods now and they think they've discovered what caused the medical issues πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!
03/07/2021.  I did a few loads of wash today & got most of the data entered in the tax form.  I will finish tomorrow & upload the product.  I FT’d with my sister.   Their good friend is having some real medical πŸ₯ issues & I will add him to my prayers πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.
03/06/2021.  I worked all day on reconciling the cc entries with he entries in Quicken.  Whew 😰 what a job.  I reconciled the two to within $50 & that is good enough.
03/05/2021.  We Zoomed with our sister/sister-in-law to let her know how we were feeling following our 2nd Covid-19 vaccine πŸ’‰.  We both feel fine, and both of our arms are a bit sore, no big deal.  My sister & I talked to our cousin who lost his father, and my first cousin.  They are doing OK.  It is very difficult to hold any  funeral during this pandemic, so their services will be very minimal.
Birds πŸ¦πŸ¦πŸ¦ visited our fountain ⛲ again today.  I feel like it is my cousin telling me he's OK.  Today it was one yellow finch, a plain finch & a hummingbird.
I finished the spreadsheet for our big project and plan to record the data on the sheets tomorrow.
03/04/2021.  The husband & I got our 2nd Covid-19 vaccine πŸ’‰ at Stanford today.  The entire thing took about 1 hour & 15 minutes including driving time and waiting the 15 minutes to make sure we didn't have a reaction.  Quite a different experience compared to my sister & brother-in-law's ordeal on Monday.  Their ordeal was 4 1/2 hours with lines snaking around the building and NO observation of social distancing!  Yah  🀩 Stanford!  I felt a bit woozy πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄ in the evening and went to bed.
03/03/2021.  I sent out our club’s  meeting notice and attended.  The topic was Covid-19 vaccines πŸ’‰ presented by a professor of Epidemiology from UCLA.  She gave a wonderful presentation and answered many questions.   The husband took me for a walk around the hood.  The husband & I FT’d with our great niece whose birthday πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‚πŸ§πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸ₯³ is today.   The whole family, including Tazzy the dog πŸ• was on their way to downhill ski 🎿.
The husband made tofu & vegetables 🌢🌽 for dinner tonight πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹.  
I worked most of the day on the books 🧾 & finished ✅πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!  This was two plus years of statements & receipts 🧾 so a HUGE job!
I briefly FT’d with my sister & had a nice shower 🧼🚿.

The great niece and her friend made this for her birthday!  They love to bake!

Beautiful field of blooming mustard flowers near our house

Vegetables & tofu made by the husband πŸ˜‹ 
03/02/2021.  I watered most of my indoor plants.  I hiked with my round dance partner today (steps = 7.7K).  We hiked around his archery πŸΉ range & then tried to find some geo-caches.  Unfortunately, neither of us could get a signal on our cell phones πŸ“±, so we couldn't conduct our search.  I napped πŸ’€πŸ˜΄.  The husband made delicious πŸ˜‹ vegetarian chili with tofu for dinner.   I continued to work on the books πŸ§ΎπŸ’³ 🏦.  I'm very close to completing the work.
The troll bridge, the troll house, & the jar of money πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’² inside!


One of the few streams flowing 



03/01/2021.  Happy March 1st ☘️☘️☘️!  I prepared a pickup order for Wal-mart.  The husband and & met the plumbers (Lee & Dakota) over at his rental and they fixed the leak.  They also inspected all the rest of the plumbing.  The husband & I looked at a few other needed repairs, some of which we corrected, others of which we are working.
I picked up the groceries πŸ₯–πŸ₯¬πŸ₯¦πŸ₯” at Wal-mart & the husband wiped them down.  My sister and brother-in-law spent 4 hours in line for their 2nd COVID-19 vaccine πŸ’‰πŸ’‰!  There was no place to sit, of course, nor was there enough space to maintain the 6' social distancing.  By the time they got home, the brother-in-law's knee and back hurt, and my sister's foot hurt.
I had a nap πŸ’€πŸ˜΄, then FT'd with my sister.  I worked on the books πŸ§Ύ again.  This time, I did a deep dive to locate some missing statements πŸ§Ύ!
02/28/2021.  The husband took me for a short walk today.  The rest of the day I spent working on the books πŸ§ΎπŸ—ƒπŸ—„.   I had a nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ & watered the phalaenopsis orchids.  
02/27/2021.  I worked on the books πŸ§ΎπŸ—ƒπŸ—„ for most of the day.  I finished all the cc receipts 🧾 and started on the bank statements. I had a nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.
02/26/2021.  There were move delightful birds in our fountain today.  The husband thinks they are a yellow finch.
The husband & I had a nice walk through the 'hood (steps = 7.5K).  I continued my walk and discovered two loose dogs, a Burmese Mountain Dog & an adorable, friendly poodle πŸΆπŸΆ.  So I knocked on a few doors & eventually found the owners who collected their escapees.  
We had a lovely FT visit with our sister / sister-in-law.  I also texted my other cousin with pictures of our new landscape.  I napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.   
The husband & I watched a cute 1983 movie "War Games".  It is surprising how many well known actors were in that movie.  It was also funny to see no cell phones, a phone booth, & huge computers!  I FT'd my sister. The husband & I reconciled our CC receipts and I entered & categorized the data.  


Clematis:  wonderful, fragrant blooms







02/25/2021.  I talked to our cousin whose Dad, my 1st cousin passed away to let him know that we would not be attending the services πŸ˜’😒😒.  I also talked to another 1st cousin to let her know about the services.  She is in quarantine too & will not be attending.
I FT'd with my sister.
I have a "let's hide from the Coronovirus & working on taxes" nap.  These naps never work.  I worked on taxes πŸ’Έ this evening.
02/24/2021.  My round dance partner and I had a lovely hike today at Stevens Creek Park.  It was quite a challenging hike up. (Steps = 10.6K, 4.4 mi).  It was a clear, gorgeous day with 20 mile visibility.  We could see downtown Oakland!  We also found one geo-cache.  This required scrambling up a bit of a hill and a  little boost from my partner πŸ˜„.  
I sent out the meeting notice for the club meeting tonight, had a lovely nap πŸ’€πŸ˜΄ & FT'd with my sister.  I washed several loads of clothes too.




We both wondered if this was a marijuana or hemp plant

Lovely wildflower
Geo-cache with the usual treasures πŸ€£ 


02/23/2021.  The husband & I had a short walk today.  I FT'd with my sister a number of times and called one of my cousins to let her know about the other cousin that we lost yesterday.  We had a nice conversation. 
My sister ordered flowers for our cousins' widow and his son & family.
The husband and I worked a bit on the rocks around our water features.
I napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ and had a nice shower πŸšΏπŸ§Ό.





02/22/2021.  We lost our dear first cousin today.  We received a call from his son that he passed this morning & despite many efforts, the ER doctors were unable to revive him.  We are VERY sad.  I FT’d with my sister several times today about our cousin.
Something that happened before we heard the news about our cousin is that birds visited both of our fountains today, for the 1st time ever.  I take this as a sign from him.
The husband took me for a walk around the hood & I continued on to say my prayers πŸ™ (steps =  8.6K, 3.8 miles). 
I got my blood 🩸 draws at Stanford today and on the way home I said many decades of the rosary for my cousin.  My other cousin called to let me know about my cousin’s passing.  I napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€  & watered πŸ’¦ my indoor plants πŸͺ΄.
Flowers from the 'hood:  Spring is here!!!!!





02/21/2021.  The husband & I installed the motion detector LED light fixture in the back garage.  It was a bit of a complicated install & the smart husband had some great ideas that made the install possible.  The light works well and is VERY bright.
I sent out the club's meeting notice for Wednesday.  I watered the phalaenopsis  orchids.
I napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ and the husband made delicious vegetables.  I worked on our books, downloading needed Amazon transactions and importing them into my software.
I broke down a LOT of cardboard boxes that I had stuffed in my crafts room.
02/20/2021.  The husband & I went over to his condo to meet his new tenants.  They are very nice and very clean.  There is a minor plumbing problem & I have contacted our plumber.  We then went for a walk in the 'hood (steps = 5.3K).  I did more set-up of our sprinkler system by taking pictures of the zones and then I napped πŸ’€πŸ˜΄.

My niece missed a stair in her home and has torn ligaments πŸ˜² 🩹!  At the emergency ward, they x-rayed it, sent her home with a walking boot and a referral to a sports medicine doctor πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍⚕️.

02/19/2021.  The husband & I started on a neighborhood walk, then saw Jose Sr. pulling up!  He had our new landscape lights πŸ’‘!   (Steps = 6.7K).  He installed three new lights & moved two of them.  He also replaced a component in one that was broken.  I removed the Great Stuff foam from all the electrical conduit housing & screwed the covers back.
I picked up the groceries at Wal-mart & the husband wiped them down.  I FT’d my sister, &   had a nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€!   Today was my sweet great nephew’s birthday πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸ§!   I sent him a happy birthday text. 
I did two chores today: ordered some prescription cream & called the insurance company regarding the loose screw found in my rear view mirror housing.
I washed a few loads of clothes πŸ‘•πŸ‘–. 
02/18/2021.  I had a nice shower πŸšΏπŸ§Ό  this morning.  At 7:30 am the termite folks removed the tenting.  I met my round dance partner for a hike at Picchetti Ranch Preserve for a hike (steps = 7.3K).  It was a lovely day.  We found the most interesting geo-cache too, it was one that was "counter-weighted" so when you pulled on one end, the geo-cache descented from the tree.  Very cool!
The Mars lander "Perseverance" successfully touched down on Mars today  πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ!  This lander is the size of a small SUV and required an incredible amount of very precise maneuvers get safely to the surface.

We had a Zoom call with my sister-in-law and briefed her on the interesting events of this week:  ie "Great Stuff"  all over my hands & in my hair, and the three unexpected people moving into the condo.
I had a nice nap too.  I placed our Wal-mart order.


"Handle" end of the geo-cache

Geo-cache hidden in tree


Geo-cache hidden in tree


View was all the way across to the east bay!







Phaeleonopsis Orchid in bloom 


02/17/2021.  Today we had quite the terrifying morning.  We discovered that the new tenants were not a family of two people, but a family of FIVE  people, two of whom are teenagers.  We were in complete shock.  After many phone calls, and much thinking, we came up with a reasonable solution and executed that.
I had a nap & had a brief FT with my sister.
I sent out and attended our club's Zoom meeting. 

Cactus flowers in bloom


02/16/2021.  Today the termite folks arrived to tent the back shed.  Unfortunately, they asked me to add "Great Stuff" foam to one of the electrical conduit covers that I didn't do yesterday.  It was early and I was half awake πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄.  So I removed the cover, pulled the nail out of the can, and without gloves or a "straw" I sprayed.  I got the "Great Stuff" all over my hands, the automatic motion sensor lights, the shed, & my ladder.  I came into the house used pure acetone to remove the "Great Stuff".  Acetone is not the best thing to have absorbed into your skin not the best thing πŸ˜§!
Afterwards, I had a nap and got up at 1:00 pm. 
Then, the husband & I walked over to my friends home.  They acquired some great outdoor heaters.  We had a great visit, then I walked home & said my prayers (Steps = 7.7K).
Later, I worked on the books and got a great start on taxes.
Daffodils at my friend's house


Flowers in the 'hood



02/15/2021.  I had a lovely walk in the hills with my friend (steps = 6.5K).  It was great to see her again.  She has returned to her job in person, so her schedule has been limited.
I also had a wonderful Zoom call with my friends from our hiking group.  We are planning to get together for a socially distanced hike soon!
The termite folks will be here early tomorrow morning so I applied the expanding foam to the electrical conduits this afternoon.
Blooming daffodils in the hills
02/14/2021.  Happy Valentine's Day! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•  I gave the husband his Valentine present, dark chocolate covered almonds from Sees candy πŸ«  & he liked it! 
The husband cut the weed cover to fit over the 2nd stone.  It is a very smart idea πŸ’‘πŸ’‘πŸ’‘ and will prevent debris from getting into the catch basin.
Then the husband & I took his car to Home Depot to pick up the fireproof expanding foam spray.  We went around to all the electrical conduit  covers between the garage, the house, and the sheds and loosened all the screws.  I'll apply the foam on Tuesday before the termite tenting is done.  
I didn't sleep well last night so I had a long nap today.  I watered all the indoor plants.
02/13/2021.  The husband & I walked around the hood (steps = 7.8K).  I composed and sent out our Valentine's Day greeting & FT'd with my sister. 

Flowers in the 'hood & Clematis in our yard.






Bird flying among my houseplants


Delicious lentil soup, tofu, & spinach prepared by the husband!

02/12/2021.  I picked up our Wal-mart order.  I also printed out our tax organizer, placed a "special" 😁😁😁 order for the husband and picked it up.  That worked out really well.  The husband took me for a walk (steps today = 5.9K).  
I finished removal of the teflon tape from the 1/2" pipes that were removed during the re-do of all the landscaping irrigation.  I'm soaking the ends.
I also finally reset the lighting controller πŸ˜₯😩.  I don't know what created the problem or what fixed it.  Those are the worst problems because I won't be able to repeat the success of re-connecting.
Blooming magnolias (possibly magnolia stellata)

02/11/2021.  I had a long walk around the 'hood today (steps = 7.8K).  The husband left me to walk alone which made me very sad πŸ˜’😒😒.  However, I did get to walk where I wanted to and for whatever time too.  Meanwhile, I accidentally missed our family call so I arrive about 10 minutes late.  I FT'd with my sister.  She & my brother-in-law sent us a gorgeous Valentine's Day bouquet  πŸ’πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•.  I had a nap & the landscapers came today so the garden looks wonderful!  I finalized our Wal-mart order.





02/10/2021.  The husband & I drove up to Redwood City Costco so I put gas ⛽in my car & he could shop.  We wiped down all the food and napped.  I put another round of sealer on the outdoor slate.  Unfortunately, the iron from the slate has discolored some of the adjoining grout.  My previous attempts to remove it were not successful.  When the sealant is completely dry, I will try again with hydrogen peroxide.
I sent out the meeting notice and attended the alumni nights meeting.  It was great fun.  People from all over both California & Oregon attended.  Afterwards, I FT'd with my sister.  I did several loads of wash today too.
02/09/2021.  I FT'd with my sister.  She had a long wait at Sutter yesterday to get her COVID-19 (total of 3 hours including travel time) vaccination.
02/08/2021.  I visited my wonderful hairdresser  πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ today which, of course, required two showers πŸšΏπŸ§½ & a bag over my head (40 minute conditioning).  I have her apply the color only (outside), then I do all the rinsing, etc at home.  I also wear my own cape as a safety precaution.
 I  did several loads of clothes πŸ‘•πŸ‘– & had a nice nap.  The husband fixed my favorite dish:  tofu, garbanzo & black beans, and spinach πŸ˜‹!


02/07/2021.  Happy Superbowl Sunday  🏈!  The husband & I hiked up in the hills (steps = 6.8K).   Some of the trees are in bloom and they are buzzing with the sound of honeybees πŸ.
I watched the Superbowl pre-game and then checked the scores occasionally.  The team and quarterback that I was rooting for (Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs) lost πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­.    I watered the indoor plants & changed the water filter in our refrigerator.  



View from the hills

  
02/06/2021.  The husband & I went for a short walk around the 'hood (steps = 4K).  I washed down the new slate in preparation for sealing it tomorrow.  I napped, pulled a few weeds, returned some things to my car, and FT'd with my sister.
Vegetables cooked by the husband

02/05/2021.  The husband took me for a walk around the 'hood today (steps = 5.2K).  I heard from my walking group & everyone has either received their 1st COVID-19  vaccine or are scheduled for one πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!
I napped, then talked to my long time friend.  She is having surgery next Friday.  I also FT'd with my sister.  Other than that my accomplishments today = 0 % πŸ˜’.
Scenes from the hood:



The husband prepared vegetables

02/04/2021.  My sister and brother-in-law got their COVID-19 vaccine appointments for Monday and my brother-in-law's PSA results came in as "undetectable" πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸŽ†.   Both of these are very wonderful pieces of news.  I FT'd with my sister.  The husband took me for a walk in the 'hood (steps = 6.5K).  I also said my prayers & watered the orchids.  
We had our weekly FT meeting with my sister-in-law.
Afterwards, I had a long nap πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.  The husband made a delicious tofu, spinach, garbanzo and black bean dish πŸ˜‹! 
02/03/2021.  I FT’d with me sister & we prepared a script for my cousin to read to her doctor πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️.  We are concerned about her swollen legs.  I called my sister-in-law to with her happy birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³πŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽˆ(Her birthday was yesterday) & we talked for a while.  The husband took me for a walk 🚢🏻‍♀️🚢🏻‍♂️around the ‘hood.   Then we went to Stanford for his COVID-19 vaccine πŸ’‰ # 1.   While I waited, I walked around Stanford (steps = 5.9K).  I saw one my favorite Stanford art exhibit "Monument to Change as it Changes".  During the 2 walks, I said all my prayers πŸ™πŸ™✝️.  I changed the appointment for vaccine # 2 to the same date & time as the husband’s appointment.  I sent out the meeting notice & attended.   It’s always great to see everyone.   The husband cooked some delicious πŸ˜‹ vegetables 🌽 πŸ₯•.  Other than those activities I spent most of the day resting because of the vaccine πŸ’‰.
My favorite display at Stanford, "Monument to Change as it Changes"




02/02/2021.  Another termite company visited to give me another bid.   Later the husband took me to Stanford for COVID vaccine πŸ’‰ # 1.   When I returned, I ate, changed clothes & went to bed.  I FT’d with my sister.



02/01/2021.  Happy February πŸ’•!  I got up early today to meet my round dance partner for geo-hiking at the Stevens Creek Park (steps = 9.6K).  It was windy, the sky was clear and  we could see a very long distance, from downtown San Jose to downtown Oakland!
We found both geo-caches.  One had a "diamond" πŸ’Ž in it !
The husband shopped at Costco and purchased a lot of food πŸŒπŸ“πŸ‡πŸπŸŒ½πŸ…!


Behold the "diamond"



Stevens Creek quarry





01/31/2021.  I picked up the Wal-Mart order and wiped down all the groceries twice.  I then went back to bed.  The husband & I organized 2 months of receipts, then had a nice walk (steps = 7.6K).  We rolled the Christmas tree back to the garage & I put up a few of our Valentine's Day decorations.
 I FT'd with my sister.  Then the two of us called our cousin, who has been having some medical problems since last November & has not gone to the doctor due to COVID-19.  She promised us she would make an appointment tomorrow.
In the evening, I had a very low blood sugar and ate chocolate, a protein bar, sunflower seeds, bread, etc.  I couldn't get to sleep until after 3:30 am πŸ₯΄!
Flower in the 'hood

01/30/2021.  The husband & I did a bit of work in the yard sorting rocks.  I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼.  We walked with our friend (just recovered from a severe sinus infection) in the hills (steps = 7.9K).  I had a nap, worked on some ranch business with my sister, then FT'd with her, and washed two loads of clothes.  I also prepared a Wal-Mart pick up order for 7-8 am tomorrow!
01/29/2021.   Terminix came to provide me with a bid to tent the back shed ($1,500, because that's their minimum).  
The husband & I sorted rocks. I removed all the rocks around the two fountain platforms and sorted them into colors.  I napped.

01/28/2021.  I picked up my car & they found my lost driver's license under the front (removable) console.  I napped.  We FT'd with my sister-in-law too.  She is enjoying her new home.  I also managed to get one more large rock in place on the 2nd fountain platform in between rain.  Hopefully we can walk tomorrow.
01/27/2021.  We took my car in today.    We are still having the atmospheric rivers of rain (much needed)  & wind πŸŒ§️🌬️.   I sent out the club meeting notice and attended the meeting.   Afterwards, I FT'd with my sister.
01/26/2021.  I created a "to do" list and have 3 of the items already in progress πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!  The husband took me for a walk in the hood today (steps = 6K).  I had to stop because we are now having atmospheric rivers of rain (much needed)  & wind πŸŒ§️🌬️.   We lost our internet connection temporarily.
I finished adding rocks to one of our water features.  The husband doesn't like it, so I invited him to rearrange it any way he would like πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ».  He has great taste and many of the ideas for the new landscape were his!
I FT'd with my sister.  She may be able to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine on February 2 πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽŠ!  I napped too.
01/25/2021.  I finally managed to reach my long time friend from work.  Her dear husband passed away in September and she is now living with his oldest son and daughter in law.  She says they are treating her very well.  It was delightful to catch up with her.  I watered all my inside plants πŸŒ±.
The husband took me for a wonderful walk today in the hills (steps = 7.5K).  It was cold, and absolutely beautiful!  I FT'd with my sister twice.   I also napped.
More good news:  all of the state has been removed from the severe restrictions because the ICU rates have come down or are projected to fall πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!



01/24/2021.  My walking partner visited for a tour of the landscape.  She has been sick 😷 for weeks now & is almost back to normal πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. It rained 🌧🌧🌧 most of today & the rain is very badly needed.   The prediction is for rain most of the week.   The husband & I watched some of the 2 playoff games 🏈.  Tom Brady & Patrick Mahomes will battle each other in the super bowl.   It will be very interesting  to see a 25 year old quarterback verses a 43 year old quarterback!  I FT’d with my sister & washed my new t shirt πŸ‘š .  I also watered my orchids.
01/23/2021.  I picked up the order at Safeway, then napped.  I washed four loads of clothes today (3 loads were just small due to separate wash requirements).  I also added a bunch more rocks to our fountains.  I'm not sure how they look, so I will have the husband analyze and make recommendations.  I FT'd with my sister.
01/22/2021.  I picked up our Wal-mart order.  Salad for the husband was missing, so I prepared an order at Safeway. The husband & I had another short walk around the hood (steps = 4.6K).  I FT'd with my sister.  We are still trying to figure out how to her & my brother-in-law vaccinated.  
01/21/2021.  The husband & I had a short walk around the 'hood today (steps = 5.8K).  Our landscaper visited & really liked the finished product, as do we.  I helped the husband prune some fruit trees & we took a trip over to his condo.  We also had a Zoom meeting with his sister.  The landscape maintenance folks arrived today too.  We get 2 months of free landscape maintenance, very helpful.  I placed a Wal-mart order.
01/20/2021.  I sent out the meeting notice and attended our club's meeting.  These meetings are now going on for almost 2 1/2 hours, a bit long for me.  The topics are very interesting.
Pink debris truck!
My round dance partner & I hiked the ENTIRE Tony Look trail at Stevens Creek park.  We bit off way more than we can chew and ended up hiking the entire trail (steps = 14.3K, 6 miles).  When we finished, we were both exhausted.  We found 2 geo-caches, with wonderful hidden treasures (NOT!!!!))  I had a very brief nap πŸ’€πŸ˜΄. 
I helped my sister to create two health care accounts, but unfortunately she is unable to get her COVID-19 shots  πŸ’‰πŸ§« here because of geographical restrictions.
Interesting tree growth:  a native oak!

Stevens Creek Reservoir

Heart hanging near a memorial bench πŸ’•


01/19/2021.  The wind 🌬️ roared all last night We didn't do too much today.  
I cleaned off some of the rocks and put them in the tray of one of our fountains.
My wonderful hairdresser called:  she hikes by herself sometimes up to 4 hours a day.  She says she is bored.  That is amazing.  
01/18/2021.  Happy Martin Luther King Day.  I took myself for a hike in the hills & said my prayers.  For part of the hike, I spoke with my sister.  (steps = 8.2K)  My husband ate too many pretzels and had an upset stomach πŸ₯΄ so was unable to hike with me.  








01/17/2021.  I woke up this morning with another headache πŸ€• & took some Imitrex.  The husband washed the kitchen window & I helped a bit by removing some of the abandoned paper wasp nests.  
Our cousin and her husband visited for a tour & brought us some of her delicious home-made cookies πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!  We gave them a tour of the new landscape & they liked it.
Later, my long time friend & her husband called from Costco & offered to buy us anything that we needed (2 pineapples πŸπŸ for the husband).  When they delivered them, we gave them a tour of the yard.  She helped me to design the placement of the cafe lights πŸ’‘ . 
01/16/2021.  I took myself for a nice walk  in the hills late in the afternoon.  it was beautiful, but pretty dark πŸŒ› by the time I finished (steps = 9K).  The sister & I completed a number of business items πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽŠ & she is very happy.  I watered the outside plants (i.e. turned on the sprinklers remotely πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ !
01/15/2021.  I woke up early this morning with a terrible pain in my hand and a headache.  I finally got up, took some Tylenol & eventually went back to sleep.
Jose Jr. visited today for a final walk through.  I napped πŸ˜΄πŸ’€, then helped the husband to re-insert the patio screen door and to prune the pluot tree.  I feel a bit woozy so the husband & I decided not to go for a walk.
Our neighbor came over and I gave him a tour of the new landscape   
I talked with my spiritual mentor:  she & her husband will receive their COVID-19 πŸ’‰πŸ§« shot tomorrow.  I FT'd with my sister and then attended the Katydids Zoom meeting.  They are such a fun group.  I also decided on a new anti-virus program today and downloaded & installed it... they made me an offer I couldn't refuse!
01/14/2021.  I washed the clothes from yesterday's visit to Stanford & also washed a  2nd load of clothes.  The two new basalt rock stools arrived today.  They look wonderful.  They are the "ends" to hold up our redwood bench.  We had a Zoom meeting with my husband's sister.  I then had a nap & picked up our Safeway order.  The husband wiped everything down.  We now have bananas  πŸŒπŸŒπŸŒ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰!



















01/13/2021.  With the help of the husband, I sealed the slate outside.  I sent out the club meeting notice & then  went to Stanford for the reclast infusion.  They were very kind to me there, as always.  When I came home, I wiped down the IPAD & the outside of my pack, showered 🚿🧼, and changed clothes.  
I napped and later, FT'd with my sister.  I'm very happy that the infusion is behind me.
I placed an order at Safeway for pickup tomorrow.
01/12/2021.  My round dance partner & I hiked at Stevens Creek Park.  We found four geocaches, largest amount ever!  The 2nd one was quite difficult, especially since it required stepping around a tree that was very close to a large drop-off.
When I got home I napped.  Our wonderful neighbors came over with their doggy to look at our new landscape.  They really liked the result. They helped us quite a bit in engineering our outside cafe lights.  
I washed off the back patio slate in preparation for sealing it.
I had a nap & FT'd with my sister.  I was a big "edgy" on the call, so I will apologize tomorrow.


Geocache # 2, very hard to find

Geocache # 3

Geocache # 4, very easy to find.  Magnetically stuck to one of the towers.
Stevens Creek Reservoir, very dry
Moffett field in the distance
01/11/2021.  I work up this morning from some disturbing COVID-19 dreams:  I was in a place with a lot of people, & I forgot that we were having a pandemic.  Then when I woke up, the inside of my lungs hurt πŸ˜«πŸ˜’.  The stain still didn't come out of the one of the new sweatshirt so I applied vinegar, Wisk, and sodium percarbonate & soaked it again.  The stain came out!  I washed several other small loads of clothes.  The husband took me for a nice walk, as usual I continued on to get my steps in (steps = 8,472) & to say my prayers.   I'm almost positive that I saw a bald eagle in the skies above our neighborhood.   
01/10/2021. The sister & I called our cousin, the farmer, to get some questions answered.  He is quite sick with COPD.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 & the husband "dressed" πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ my hair!  The new remote control device arrived for the string party lights.  I was able to get it connected & it works very nicely! I did a load of laundry πŸ‘•πŸ‘–πŸ‘š.  Unfortunately, I stained two of my new sweatshirts so I washed it again & the stain came out of one of them.  I'm soaking the other one in sodium percarbonate.  I sent out the meeting notice for our club &I watered all our inside plants.
01/09/2021.  I sorted through a  lot of magazines and newspapers that were piled up on my floor.  The husband took me for a nice walk & then I continued on to say my prayers. (steps = 8.3K).  While we were walking we ran into some of our neighbors and gave them a tour of the yard.  They really liked it.
The husband vacuumed a lot of the house & I helped with "hose management".  I FT'd with my sister.  She is gleefully sending photos of our landscaping project to a lot of people and inviting them to our landscaping open house πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£! 

Flowers from the 'hood


01/08/2021.  I rested today.  This is the first day after the project completion: both sadness & happiness!  The husband & I visited his condo & spoke with his lovely neighbors.  I had a wonderful nap 😴 πŸ’€ & FT’d with my sister.

Cafe lights
The husband basking in the sun

01/07/2021.  I got up early today so I could manage the project on it’s final day.   The cafe lightsπŸ’‘ were installed on a very tall post & many other things were completed.   The project has come to a close & I knew this when they loaded up the porta-potty πŸ˜‚!   I took pictures of  & with the crew & the husband & I said  our goodbyes.   The husband took me for a walk 🚢🏻‍♂️🚢🏻‍♀️ (total = 8.3k steps).  I FT’d with my sister.
01/06/2021.  One of the landscapers, George, & I placed some of the large rocks πŸͺ¨ on the two mounds.  Ramon also came today to reconfigure the plumbing at the street, replace the slate tile, and to hang the cafe lights  πŸ’‘.   
My friends picked up 2 pineapples 🍍 & a salad πŸ₯— mix for us at Costco.   
In the middle of the day, something horrific happened.   Our president led a rally outside of Congress to once again denounce the validity of the election πŸ—³ & he got his base fired upπŸ”₯.   While Congress was in session to certify the election, his protesters stormed the Capitol building, gained access, & caused much damage to the inside of the building.  The entire Congress was in session & they all had to be evacuated.  One woman protestor was shot dead & 3 more protestors  have now died (no news yet available).   The country & the world is very unhappy with this anarchy & there’s talk of invoking the 25th amendment to remove him from office for being unfit to serve. 
The husband took me for a nice hike 🚢🏻‍♀️🚢🏻‍♂️around the ‘hood (steps = 11,380).  I continued on to say my prayers.  I FT’d with my sister to discuss today’s horrific events.   I sent out the meeting notice & attended the meeting.  Later, the husband & I watched very old movie πŸŽ₯ about giant mollusks πŸ¦ͺ that devoured people, “the Monster that Challenged the World”.  I’m happy to report that the Navy defeated all the giant mollusks πŸ¦ͺ  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!  Actually, it was pretty well done & a welcome respite from today’s events.
01/05/2021.  I picked up the order from Wal-mart and the husband wiped down the refrigerated packages.  Our wonderful landscape architect, Leslie, visited and we finished placing the plants, adding lights and creating the last mound.  Then both Jose, Jr. and Jeff arrived to look at the project.  The gravel for the front was delivered and is being spread.    The husband and I visited Pottery Planet.   Much to my chagrin, we discovered that we could not install the underwater lights that I wanted without disassembling both of our huge big rocks and putting them back together again.
Afterwards, we visited the husband's cousin.  She gifted us a whole bag of chocolate chip cookies πŸͺπŸ˜‹!  She gave us a tour of her lovely garden and while we were chatting, her husband arrived.  We spent some time visiting with him too.  It was great to see them both and talk about our joint experiences with the pandemic.
Azaela from our cousin's garden
Iris from our cousin's garden

01/04/2021.  The husband and I opened all our Christmas cards & presents. The outdoor string lights arrived,  I unpacked them and tested 2 of the 3 sets.  I prepared an order for Wal-mart.  I had a great shower πŸšΏπŸ§Ό too.
Christmas tree
Present from my cousin


01/03/2021.  The husband took me for a stroll around the 'hood (5.1K steps).  Then our wonderful new neighbors surprised us with a visit to introduce themselves along with a bag of candy  πŸ«πŸ˜‹!  I FT'd my sister & helped her with her e-mail problem.  Actually, she resolved it all by herself!  I also FT'd my niece, nephew-in-law and their beautiful children.
01/02/2021.  I installed the remote controls for our two  fountains.  I'm still struggling with the link to our garden lights.  We had a great conversation with our sister/sister-in-law.   She is sheltering in place & quite lonely πŸ˜’.  I'm so lucky to be married to my wonderful husband πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•.
01/01/2021.  Happy New Year 2021!  2020 was wild, including the first global pandemic πŸ§« in 102 years!  My maternal grandmother caught the Spanish flu & recovered.  She put my mom in the care of someone and she wanted to keep the baby (Mom) because she said my grandmother already had a lot of kids.  My grandmother said, oh no!


The folks who took our first pile of rocks came back for the 2nd pile.  I helped them load.   They are such nice people.  

The husband took me for a walk in the hills (steps = 10.2K) .  Unfortunately, we started late & when we veered off, we both got lost πŸ˜¨πŸ˜±!  By the time I got back to the car, the sun had set, but fortunately, there was some light left.  I FT'd with my sister & taught her how to insert "Giphy's" into her texts.  I'm getting lots of "Giphys's" from her now πŸ˜‚!

All river rocks gone!
River rocks for sale

Views from the hills
Views from the hills

Views from the hills

My sister's cactus plant blooming

Dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment