10/25/2022. I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ & finished getting ready for the cleaning folks. I had an appointment with the fabulous Dr. Vaughan. He found an in grown hair in my nose π that was creating problems & he removed it! In the waiting room, we also experienced a 5.1 earthquake centered in San Jose, the first big one in a long time. Afterwards, I filled up my car π with gas ⛽️ at Costco & shopped there. I also washed the throw rugs and rags used by the cleaning folks & I FT’d with my sister.
10/24/2022. The husband took me for a great hike π₯Ύ in the hills (steps = 9K) . Afterwards w3 had our flu “procedure”. I watered all the plants , washed clothes & updated the FF website.
10/23/2022. The husband took me for a nice hike π₯Ύ in the hills (steps = 8K). We had a great round dance lesson too. I FT’d with my sister & scheduled our COVID 19 boosters. I just found out that a friend of my friend has a very serious blood disorder π°.
10/22/2022. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό & saw my wonderful hairdresser ππ»♀️ today. I also had her cut my hair. Later I watered the phalaenopsis.
10/21/2022. My friend & I geo-cached; we found 3 out of 5 geocaches, very fun (steps = 17.3K). Unfortunately, he felt very unwell at the end. I shopped at TJ’s.
10/20/2022. The husband took me for another great hike π₯Ύin the hills (steps = 8.2K). We trimmed the Nandina & tied it up so it isn’t hanging over the water fountain’s ⛲️ basin. I had a FT call with our Club’s president to clear up some concerns. We had a great meeting!
10/19/2022. We had our weekly Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in-law. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, studied the Plus calls & attended club. It was fun, except our substitute caller was very hard to understand & the last tip that I danced was awful!
10/18/2022. The husband & I shopped at the Sports Basement. He bought a new vest (grey of course) & I bought a new pair or Brooks running shoes π. Afterwards he had some food at “Chic-Fil-A” & took me to the Dollar Tree for shopping. I started on my taxes.
10/17/2022. Three of us hiked π₯Ύ at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 14.4K), then had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s. I shopped at TJ’s. When I got home, I ate way too much ☹️! I remade my reservations at Yellowstone & FT’d my sister.
10/16/2022. The husband took me for a nice walk in the hills (steps = 9.9K). I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, & attended round dance class. I washed clothes & watered all the indoor plants. I made our reservations for Sonoma in July 2023.
10/15/2022. I attended a very interesting seminar on marketing square dancing.
10/14/2022. The husband took me for a nice hike π₯Ύin the hills (steps = 7.3K). I updated the FF web site & made an appointment for our flu shots. It was very difficult to get an appointment as the drug stores & PAMF were booking way out!
10/13/2022. The husband & I shopped at Safeway & Costco. Safeway is very expensive πΈ! I cleaned out some old newspapers.
10/12/2022. I fell out of bed this morning, bumping my head π³. The husband took me for a nice walk in the hills & we “Zoom’d” with our sister /sister-in-law. I studied the Plus calls & attended club (steps = 9.6K). I FT’d with my sister.
10/11/2022. I helped our neighbor turn off his water π¦. I watered the plants, had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, & got the house ready for our cleaners. The house looks great. Afterwards, I washed the throw rugs & cleaning supplies.
10/10/2022. I hiked π₯Ύ with our group today at Fremont Older Open Space Preserve (steps = 12.5K). When I backed out of my space, I scraped up the car π π’. We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and one of our hiking partners announced that he has a new grandson! We were all thrilled about that. I took donations to Goodwill, then over-ate both almonds & chocolate π«! I filled up the two basins of our water fountain ⛲️ & reset my Apple Watch in an attempt to get the update to work.
10/09/2022. The husband took me for a nice hike π₯Ύ in the hills (steps = 11.4K). I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό & attended round dance class. I finished decorating & packing up the Halloween ππ» / Thanksgiving ππππ½ containers. I watered the indoor plants & washed clothes.
10/08/2022. I continued the Halloween ππ» / Thanksgiving ππππ½ decorations & I FT’d with my sister to show her; she showed me theirs. My brother-in-law loves to decorate their exterior & adds new items every year! I updated the FF web site for November.
10/07/2022. I geocached with my partner in a preserve off Arastradero Rd. (Steps = 12.5K). We found 3 out of 4 geocaches that we hunted. I shopped at TJ’s & Wal-Mart & did some additional Halloween ππ» / Thanksgiving ππππ½ decorating. I updated the FF web site & the Bows & Beaus poster.
10/06/2022. I updated the FF web site & updated the flyer for the November 5th Wednesday dance, several times. I FT’d with my sister & began the Halloween ππ» / Thanksgiving πππ π½ decorating. It’s been 6 years (2016) since I used these decorations. I’m about 75% done.
10/05/2022. The husband took me for a wonderful walk in the hills (steps = 9.5K). We Had a Zoom call with our sister / sister-in-law, I studied the Plus calls & attended club. I updated the FF web site.
The administrator of the site fixed several problems that besieged me for months. It looks great now!
10/04/2022. The husband dropped me off at Indepedence Auto for some auto maintenance. We shopped at Costco & I picked up my car.
10/03/2022. I hiked π₯Ύ with my group; there were only 3 of us there (steps = 15.5K). We had coffee ☕️ at Pete’s, & I banked & shopped at TJ’s. I ordered cat food & made some administrative calls.
10/02/2022. I attended round dance & square dance class. My friend & I drove together to square dance class. Those two events were pretty exhausting.
10/01/2022. I attended the club meeting & my logo won the contest π. However, I’m not sure it will be used. The husband & I dropped off our shredding and toured that area in Sunnyvale. Google is building at least 3 new & huge new buildings. I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ & saw my wonderful hairdresser ππ»♀️, & dropped off a return at Kohl’s. I washed clothes too.
09/30/2022. I geocached with my partner at Los Trancos Open Space Preserve in Palo Alto (steps =3.6K). Unfortunately, we couldn’t get signals on our mobiles so we were only able to locate 1 geo-cache. I updated the FF website.
09/29/2022. Our wonderful cleaners came today, 2 hours earlier than expected π²! We made it work. I watered the plants & washed the throw rugs & supplies they used. I shopped at TJ’s & FT’d with my sister. The husband created a great video on our opossum sightings! I updated the FF web site.
09/28/2022. The husband took me for a lovely hike in the hills (steps = 11.5K, with dancing). I had a lovely shower πΏπ§Ό, studied the Plus calls, & attended club. I was very late! Our caller complemented me on my dancing ππ₯, a lovely surprise!
09/27/2022. I had a nice walk with my brother-in-law & continued up the hill (steps = 15.5K). I packed, left, & stopped for gas on the way home. I was happy to see the husband & Pebbles & Cassie. I napped, unpacked, & washed clothes.
09/26/2022. I
09/25/2022. I
09/24/2022. I
09/23/2022. I
09/22/2022. I
09/21/2022. I
09/20/2022. I
09/19/2022. I
09/18/2022. We received serious rain π§ todayπ₯³ππ! I shopped at Safeway, the husband & I did a bit of yard work, and we went for a ride in the hills. I washed clothes & watered plants. His special “pop-up” birthday card arrived & he really liked it!
09/17/2022. The husband took us for a small walk to check out the tree trimming done by the San Francisco Public Utility Commission (SFPUC) in Palo Alto. We honestly couldn’t see any real “chopping” of trees. Los Altos is having a hissy because of some trees that will be trimmed along the bike path. It appears to us that there’s hysteria over nothing!
09/16/2022. I geocached at Rancho San Antonio with my geo-caching partner & we found 4 caches. This was amazing because neither of us had cell phone reception (steps = 11.8K)!
09/15/2022. We had a lovely lunch at the Alpine Inn with our friends. I helped another friend with some computer problems. The husband & I watched “Resident Alien” π½; it was ok, but not as good as usual because the “closed captioning wasn’t working.
09/14/2022. I studied the Plus calls & danced at club. I continue to collect pineapple guavas and brought many pounds of them to club.
09/13/2022. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, watered the plants & prepared for the cleaning folks. The house looks great! I shopped at TJ’s for salad fixing & washed the supplies used by the cleaners. I cleaned out my coffee container & soaked the very grimy dish rack.
09/12/2022. Happy special birthday πππππ₯³ππ₯° to my husband! I hiked with our gang this morning & everyone was there (steps = 14.8K). We celebrated his birthday at Michael’s in Shoreline, his favorite place. He liked the card & presents π I left for him. Lots of folks on FB wished him happy birthday π too! He took me to Petco to stock up on food for the kitties. I filled up one of the 2 water fountain basins. It’s pineapple guava season so I collect them every evening. The squirrels have unfortunately discovered them too,
09/11/2022. Today us the 21st anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks. I attended round dance lessons with my partner & shopped at 4 stores for cards for the husband’s special birthday tomorrow! I washed clothes & watered the phalaenopsis.
09/10/2022. I took myself for a nice walk in the hills (steps = 8.9K) & stopped off to visit my 92 year old friend. We had a great visit. I saw my wonderful hairdresser ππ»♀️ too & FT’d with my sister.
09/09/2022. I contacted AT&T today & finally got the husband’s phone π± unlocked & working with our new carrier. The husband & I shopped at Costco today, picked figs, & brought them to a friend. We watched the movie “Don’t Look Up”, an excellent movie π₯! It was much cooler ❄️ today, thankfully!
09/08/2022. I was on the phone today with AT&T attempting to get the husband’s phone unlocked so I could switch him to the new carrier. No luck. The agent assured me that she would text or e-mail me the case # and she never did π€π€π€! We had a 3 way call with our cousin to narrow down some details about our trip to Yellowstone & to her house next fall! It sounds like it will be a great trip!
09/07/2022. It was very hot π₯΅ again today. The news is calling it a “flash heat” & that is true. That is exactly how one of my plants looksπ! I shopped at TJ’s because I was completely out of salad π₯ fixings. We “Zoom’d” with our sister / sister-in-law & I watered the indoor plants, which were days overdue. I studied the Plus calls & decided not to attend club due to the extreme heat π₯΅. I activated one of our phones π± on the new phone plan & the Netflix account. I need to contact AT&T to unlock the other phone!
09/06/2022. Happy 53rd Anniversary to my sister & brother-in-law π°π»♀️π€΅π»♂️π₯πΎ! I updated the FF website, the club logo, & cleaned up some e-mail. It was stifling hot π₯΅ again today, 104 degrees! I FT’d with my sister too! My wonderful Logitech wireless mouse broke πππ.
09/05/2022. We cancelled our usual hike today due to the heat. My results from the MRI were released & everything appears to be stable πππ₯³π! It was EXTREMELY hot π₯΅ today, 105! We basically hid out inside. I washed clothes, updated the FF website & the Bows & Beaus icon. I FT’d with my sister.
09/04/2022. I attended round dance class with my partner & shopped at Safeway on the way home. I bought the husband lots of dairy free ice cream π¨! I watered the phaeleonopsis.
09/03/2022. Happy Birthday ππππ to my sister! I created a nice card with “Il Volo” singing to her, I also FT’d with her & sang Happy Birthday. She is sad, of course, because she just lost her best friend of over 50 years. I attended the club meeting, revised & sent more club logos, and updated the FF site for October.
09/02/2022. The husband took me for a great hike in the hills (steps = 8.3K). I updated the FF web site.
09/01/2022. Welcome to September! Today was my big MRI that I’ve been dreading π¬. It actually was easier than I anticipated. The MRI machine that I was supposed to use was broken, so a VERY handsome, tall, African American & nice man escorted me to the machine in another building. I had him hold my hand tooπ π π ! This MRI machine was open & the operator communicated with me at least once every 5 minutes to let me know the progress. The fact that it was open & that the operator kept communicating with me made all the difference! I said prayers π, but wasn’t able to make it through my whole list. Afterwards, my friend visited & we picked figs & oranges π for her. The husband & I watched “Resident Alien π½ “. I like that series. I updated the FF web site.
08/31/2022. I’m skipping dancing tonight both because I’m sad & because it’s clear down in San Jose with heavy commute traffic. We “Zoom’d” with our sister / sister-in-law. The husband took me to Petco to buy cat food & we stopped at Walgreens for milk π₯. Later we visited T-Mobile to switch over plans. However, I discovered that there’s a $35 activation fee per phone π± if we did it there & no charge if I did it on-line so I came home. We did learn about the plan offerings. After many attempts on the T-Mobile site, calls, & chats with T-Mobile, I finally succeeded in doing it πππ₯³! I FT’d with my sister.
08/30/2022. Our dear friend passed away today at 6:09 am. We are all heartbroken π. The cleaners came today so I was able to keep busy. I had a shower πΏπ§Ό, watered the plants, & got things ready. The house looks nice. I washed the supplies used by the cleaners, cleaned up e-mails & updated the FF web site.
08/29/2022. I hiked with my friends at Overlook Trail in Saratoga (steps = 13K). Unfortunately, there’s some very bad news about our friend who is very sick & at Stanford. Her condition has worsened. We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s & our other friend joined us there. I banked & shopped at TJ’s, forgetting milk π₯ in the process. The husband & I shopped at Costco. I prayed π a lot for my friend today.
08/28/2022. The husband took me for a short walk in Los Altos Hills (steps = 6.5K). I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ & attended round dance class. I’m really enjoying this class because I know the steps and can concentrate on the nuances of the moves. I FT’d with my sister, washed clothes, & watered the phalaeonopsis. The water softener drain line is still dripping. The next time I have a plumber out, I’ll have them remove the flexible tubing, with a vacuum cleaner or snake, clean out the drain line.
08/27/2022. Chris & Larry, the water softener folks arrived again to address the drip. I now understand what is happening. The husband & I and another couple had a lovely lunch at Dinah’s. It was a very pleasant day. I watered the indoor plants, cleaned up e-mails, & watched the last episode of “Beforeigners”.
08/26/2022. I geo-cached with my partner right outside the Alpine Inn (steps = 8.1K). The husband & I ate there yesterday! I found Beforeigners on-line & watched 5 episodes from Season 2. It’s a great show!
08/25/2022. The husband & I ate at the Alpine Inn. The food there is delicious. The husband ran into a friend that he worked with on the bicycling committee & they enjoyed catching up. My friend visited & we picked a lot of figs from our trees for her.
08/24/2022. The husband took me for a walk on the Walter Stegner trail. It was challenging and great (steps = 10.8K). We had. “Zoom” call with our sister /sister-in-law. I studied the Plus calls, had a shower πΏπ§Ό & attended the club dance. I danced well this week ππ! I updated the FF website.
08/23/2022. The husband & I walked in the hills today (steps =6.9K) & I said prayers. I updated the FF website.
08/22/2022. I walked with our hiking group today at Coal Mine Ridge Nature Preserve in Portola Valley (steps= 15.5K, 6.8 miles). It was wonderful. Since I fall behind, I also said a lot of prayers π. My friend & I had a delicious yogurt π¦ at Wild Berry Yogurt &I brought one home for the husband. Chris from the water softener company arrived to check out the dripping sound. He said it was totally normal & that that is the drain line. It is so regular that I have a hard time believing that! I shopped at TJ’s, and jet washed and filled the two water features ⛲️. The husband & I watched resident alien π½; I like the show, but I’m not sure π€ that he does. I FT’d with my sister.
08/21/2022. We were both pretty tired today, so we mainly rested. The husband & I picked up my hair gel from Walgreens & I fretted about the dripping sound that is apparently being made by the water softener. I FT’d with my brother-in-law, to see if he might know what the device was in the wall from which the dripping sound is emanating, but he did not know.
08/20/2022. I watered all my indoor plants & washed clothes. I updated the FF web site. I noticed a dripping sound when I was in the craft room & we traced it to pipes in the wall on the other side. Obviously, it is being caused somehow by the new water softener system & is very concerning to me!
08/19/2022. I geo-cached with my partner today. We hunted for 4 geo-caches & found 2. (Steps = 9K). I FT’d with my sister & helped her set up a gmail account on several devices. I updated the FF web site.
08/18/2022. The husband took me for a walk in Los Altos Hills (steps = 7.8K). I said my prayers π. We also shopped at Costco. I FT’d my sister. She told me not to worry about the water softener system; it’s a done ✅ deal! We also talked about her dear friend who is suffering from both cancer & a tumor on her pituitary gland. She can’t see now π’π’π’! I updated the FF web site. Our trail cameras π₯ caught a darling skunk 𦨠! He /she came right up & investigated the camera, so adorable!
08/17/2022. The City Water Filter folks arrived & installed the new water softening system. We Zoomed with our sister /sister-in-law. I studied the Plus calls & attended club. It was great fun, but I didn’t square dance the best tonight. My partner & I round danced well! I’m concerned about the water softener system that it might not have been the best choice.
08/16/2022. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, watered the indoor plants & got ready for the cleaning people . They did a great job. I washed the throw rugs & cleaning supplies. Somehow DoorDash signed me up for a membership. I got that stopped π in a hurry after all the fraudulent problems one of my family members is suffering. I ordered our soft water π¦ conditioner to be installed tomorrow.
08/15/2022. I walked with our group at Rancho (steps = 14.3K). We had coffee at Peets & I shopped at TJ’s.
08/14/2022. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. (Steps = 8.6K). I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό & attended round dance lessons with my partner. We are really learning a lot because we already know the steps & are now absorbing the nuances. I watered the phalaeonopsis, the indoor plants, and washed clothes. I ordered hair care products also.
08/13/2022. Happy birthday ππ to my niece. I set the husband up with the app so he can control the 2 backyard remote cameras.
08/12/2022. I geocached with my partner at Arastradero Preserve (steps = 12.3K). We found 7 geocaches, π― % of those that my partner identified. I didn’t get home until 4 pm and the husband, understandably, was not happy. I created & submitted three more club logo entries.
08/11/2022. I talked to my sister. She is having a wonderful time in Montana with Dales’s family. I returned the cat food & created & submitted 2 more entries for the club logo.
08/10/2022. My niece called & we had a nice conversation. I studied the Plus calls & danced with the club.
08/09/2022. I re-did the FF movie.
08/08/2022. Our hiking π₯Ύ group hiked the Quarry in Saratoga (steps = 11K). We had coffee at my favorite place, the Big Basin cafe. Near us an older gentleman fell and scraped both knees and his elbow badly. We all helped him with his wounds. I shopped at TJ’s on the way home. I FT’d with my sister; she may not get the $12K returned after all π₯π₯π₯. Her friend is VERY sick. The doctors initially thought it was a stroke and now believe it’s a malignant tumor affecting her pituitary gland. That is what may be causing her electrolytes to be so imbalanced too. I put together a movie for FF.
08/07/2022. The husband took me for a nice hike π₯Ύin the hills (steps = 9.7K with round dancing). I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, then I round danced with my partner and we did very well. We are taking the beginning Rumba & Cha. We know all the steps so this is a great way to learn the nuances. We are both finding it very helpful. I washed clothes & submitted an updated logo to the club.
08/06/2022. I attended our club’s meeting this morning. I watered all the inside plants also & continued to create club logos.
08/05/2022. The husband took me for a nice walk π around the ‘hood (steps = 8.2K). Late last night I discovered that Spokeo had charged me $24.95, in addition to the $ .95 to get my sister’s scammer’s phone # π€¬π€¬π€¬. I spent a lot of time today chatting with Spokeo & speaking with Palpal. I have a case opened with PayPal. I created some logos for our square dancing club to enter in the contest. I wished my brother-in-law Happy Birthday πππ₯³π.
08/04/2022. The husband & I drove to Costco to get gas ⛽️ & shop. I gave Carnival π iron & fed him. I decided to recreate the Quicken file, because I wan’t sure that I had done it correctly. All went well.
08/03/2022. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 12.1K with dancing). I also said prayers π✝️. One of my sister’s friends is very sick with cancer. I finished flooding Carnival, the orange π tree, & will fertilize it tomorrow. We had our weekly zoom call with our sister /sister-in-law & I also FT’d with my sister. I paid a few bills, had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό, and studied the Plus calls. I attended square dance class & also round danced with my partner. I’m so grateful π₯Ή that he likes to dance with me!
08/02/2022. We slept in today π₯±. I updated the FF web site. I also called Quicken & the representative helped me with a few issues. I’m still wondering π if I should go all the way back to the original Quicken file that I restored. & do the restoration again. I’m not 100% confident that I did it correctly. I also researched optometrists π. I flooded Carnival, the orange π tree in preparation for feeding him.
08/01/2022. I hiked at Rancho with most of our group today (steps = 13.4K). Only two of us were available for coffee ☕️ at Peets. I shopped at TJ’s. Afterward I visited my friend to help her set up a project with Quicken. Amazingly, my sister is going to have the money returned because the bank π¦ stopped the fraudulent with transfer 2πππ₯³! I FT’d with my sister & brother-in-law. Unfortunately, the conversation with my brother-in-law left me with hurt feelings…..he said that my sister didn’t call me when the scam went down because of ongoing family issues with the Hawaii trio.. he also doesn’t feel like anyone but his youngest son should get any credit for helping them. Note that I spent hours on the phone & computer making reports to the FBI, etc. Note to self: don’t let the SOB’s ruin your day! See nice article below. I noticed that 2 of my Quicken accounts only had data going back to 2021 instead of 2015. I spent a few hours retrieving the data from backups and restoring it.
I also watched the last three episodes of “The Split”, a great show on BBC. It stars one of my favorite actresses,Nicola Walker.
This is a great quote in fake latin that says “Don’t let the bastards get you down.”
It originated early in World War II in British Army Intelligence. The mock latin phrase was adopted by US Army General “Vinegar” Joe Stilwell as his motto during World War II.
Its another great way of saying, Let It Go. Don’t poison your own experience more than you have to.
You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing things with logic. True power is restraint. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass.
Sitting quietly for twenty minutes focusing on the in and out of deep breathing is a way to practice gaining emotional distance from our noisy thoughts. The pause between experience and our reaction makes all the difference in how we conduct our lives.
Don’t Over React
A caution on the flip side: don’t lash out and counter punch.
The best fighter is never angry. ― Lao Tzu
Our natural immediate reaction is to push back and protect ourselves. That can lead to saying hurtful things in the heat of the moment that we later wish we hadn’t. This poisons relationships. You can’t unring a bell.
Let things cool off before responding. Take a pause for the cause.
You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube.
This is not a new or novel idea and was known as a trap to the ancients. Classical logic and rhetoric are concerned with persuasion through constructing and communicating proper and correct arguments. Logical fallacies identify a group of faulty arguments to be aware of so we don’t fall into the trap of using them or falling for them.
One of the most famous is the “argumentum ad hominem” or ad hominem for short. Ad hominem is Latin for “to the person”. It represents a pitfall in which an argument is countered by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.
Argument and diversity of opinions can be beneficial if used properly. Positions need to be fluid and responsive to new information. Strong opinions weakly held. Everyone involved must be willing to change their mind. Argue for clarity, not to win.
07/31/2022. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 12.1K, with round dancing. My partner & I are really enjoying the round dance class. It’s a beginner class and we feel that we can pick up the nuances that we missed in previous classes. I stopped on the way home to get the kitties π⬛ more food.
07/30/2022. I had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό & got my hair done by my wonderful hairdresser ππ»♀️. I returned to America’s Tire at 4 pm to have the other tire π installed. The wait was over 1 hour π & I’m not good at waiting. I washed clothes.
07/29/2022. My partner & I geocached up in Palo Alto hills. We found 5 geocaches ππ! Unfortunately, we got lost on the way home & had a tour of the Palo Alto & Woodside hills π€£π€£π€£ (steps = 10.8K). I went to my 5:15 appointment at Americas Tires. They predicted an hour wait, so the husband picked me up so we could pick up the order at Kohl’s. Americas Tire called to say that one of the tire ordered was incorrect. I told them to install the one that arrived & to order the correct one; they scheduled that for tomorrow. After that, I shopped at Costco. At the end of all that, I was exhausted π₯±! My husband & I had a long conversation with our nephew to discuss my sister’s unfortunate scam.
07/28/2022. The husband took me for a long walk (steps = 10.5K). The husband & I ate at the Alpine Inn. We were supposed to go with our friends, but she was exposed to COVID! We did get her some banana pudding, because she loves that! Later, I found out my sister was scammed out of a large sum of money. We are all very upset π ππ . The husband & I purchased some weed stop at Ace Hardware & we installed it behind the back garage. I filled out a form on her behalf to report this to the FBI. I fear that the money is gone since she wired it to someone’s bank account.
07/27/2022. The husband took me for a small walk. I had a nice shower, studied the Plus calls & attended Club. My round dance partner & I danced well. (Steps = 7.5K).
07/26/2022. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 8.2) K. I forgot all about my appointment at America’s Tire π . I drove over there, but they were just swamped; they said it would be at least 7:30 pm until they could get to me, a 3 1/2 hour wait. I wrote out a bill and cleaned up my emails. I ordered a new cover for my IPad too!
07/25/2022. I walked with my friends at Rancho San Antonio today (steps = 15.4K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s coffee & I shopped at TJ’s. The husband & I went to the post office π€ & then to the Italian American cafe to get him a “Godfather” sandwich. I FT’d with my sister & brother-in-law. I sent a nice note to my nephew who is upset that I’m upset at him. It will be a LOT harder to make amends with my niece due to her actions towards us in Kauai.
07/24/2022. I took a day off from walking today. I watered all the indoor plants and the phalaeonopsis. I attended round dance class with my partner; although it was just beginning class, I learned a lot. We knew all the cues, but I liked her explanation of them.
07/23/2022. The husband took me for a walk in the hills today (steps = 10.3K). The squirrels are eating my tomatoes π again π€¬π€¬π€¬! I didn’t go out to the garden yesterday to pick a green one so they got it! I washed clothes & had a nice shower πΏπ§Ό.
07/22/2022. The husband & I walked around the ‘hood again (steps = 7.9K). We shopped at TJ’s & I visited America’s Tires to order new tires for my rear wheels. I brought the husband home a “Carne Asada” burrito π― from Super Tacos El Conrro and he was happy. I got some tortilla chips π. I’m very sad today about the Kauai trip & how us elders felt so marginalized. I’ve contacted the firm that did our trust to get my will altered.
07/21/2022. We walked 7.8K steps today in our walk around the ‘hood. I called our cell phone provider, got a different plan with 4 GB of data each for $10 less. I FT’d with my sister.
07/20/2022. The husband took me for a nice walk around the hood (steps = 11.8K). We investigated the lock on the back shed and determined the screws we needed for repair. We called our sister / sister-in-law. The husband relayed to her the detailed, sad, story of our trip to Hawaii. We headed over to True Value to get the screws. The lock repair wet to easy, we were both shocked! I visited with my wonderful neighbor. He gave me a tour of his garden, and I gave him a tour of ours. We watched another episode of "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch". I washed our new clothes.
07/19/2022. The husband took me for a walk around the 'hood (steps = 8.2K). The cleaners came today and our house looks great! My sister called me today. I told her that I'm still very upset about the trip. I washed all the supplies used by the cleaners. I had a long session with my firend and spiritual mentor and she helped me a lot.
07/18/2022. I walked with the group at Rancho (steps = 16.5K) and we had coffee at Peet's coffee. My neighbor came over to return the key and I told him all abour our miserable, sad time in Kauai. The husband and I shopped at Costco. I washed clothes and unpacked.
07/17/2022. We shopped at TJ's to get food. My sister wanted to FT. I told her about the horrible time we had in Hawaii. She says that I'm stresssing her.
07/16/2022. It's return to home day πππ₯³. We had to be out of the house at 10:00 am so the husband and I wandered around near the Lihue airport. We looked out at Nawiliwili harbor then to the outlook for the Menehune Fish Pond. We had a very comfortable flight home. We had a long wait for our baggage to arrive.
07/15/2022. We went for a walk, hung around the house as usual π and waited for the group to come home with tales of their days adventures. I feel very left out.
07/14/2022. We went for a walk, and prepared to renew our vows on the beach. My sister & brother-in-law took us out to a lovely restaurant and the we renewed our vows on Poipu beach. We got to see the Hawaiian green turtles emerge after the ceremony. They weight 40-50 pounds and are at least 50 years old. Docents guard them all night long.
07/13/2022. We went over to a beach on the other side of the island. Unfortunately, my snorkel gear wouldn't fit because the new thongs I bought rubbed my feet raw. My youngest nephew, sister, and I came home early.
07/12/2022. We went for a walk. We waited for the group to come home with tales of their days adventures. I feel very left out.
07/11/2022. My sister, I and my husband took a helicopter flight around the island. While it was beautiful, we all got pretty nauseated. The pilot swooped up and down, and up and down. At the end, we could hardly wait for the helicopter to land. Afterwards, the sister and I shopped at Costco.
07/10/2022. The rest of the family arrived this morning, pretty exhausted from their ordeal.
07/09/2022. We left for Kauaii today. The flight went well. It was a long wait for our baggage to arrive. Unfortunately, we had to wait in line for 2 hours to get our car. The rest of the family's flight was delayed in taking off and now they have to stay in Oahu for the night.
07/08/2022. I started packing, checked the plants, updated the list for our cat-sitter and prepared for Hawaii.
07/07/2022. I had a nice shower π§ΌπΏ and prepared for the cleaners. The cleaners came & the house looks great. I watered all the plants and washed 2 loads of clothes. I updated “Where’s the Dance” for the Bows & Beaus new format.
07/06/2022. I updated the FF web site, we Zoom’d with our sister / sister-in-law, and I FT’d with my sister. I added the new round dance classes both to “SD- Bayarea” and to “Where’s the Dance”. The “Where’s the Dance” site is a bit challenging to navigate.
07/05/2022. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 5.7K) & I said my prayers π. One of the 50 pound test weight fishing lines broke that was holding up a plant. I replaced the three lines with 6, just in case. I shopped at Wal-mart & Ace Hardware because my old toilet plunger broke. The 2nd new one seems to work well (cost $20 π€ͺ)!
07/04/2022. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.1K) & I said my prayers π. responded to some of the folks who responded to our holiday greeting. I watered all the indoor plants.
07/03/2022. I updated the Kauai schedule again. The husband & I shopped at Costco. I also sent out our of July holiday greetings. I updated the FF web site to reflect August. I watered the phalaenopsis.
07/02/2022. I had my hair done by my wonderful hairdresser ππ»♀️. I washed clothes. My sister & I FT’d to update the Kauai schedule & I sent it out. This is going to be one very expensive trip!
07/01/2022. Welcome to July! The friend with cancer got better news & there is every reason for hope! The husband & I shopped at TJ’s today; we were all out of bananas π . Our friend visited so I could pick her oranges π from Carnival and give her the unopened bottle of Champagne πΎ!
No comments:
Post a Comment