Monday, May 6, 2024

5-06-2024 to 06-30-2024




NOTE TO READERS:  SCROLL DOWN, ENTRIES ARE NEWEST TO OLDEST!

07/25/2024. 
07/24/2024.  
07/23/2024.  
07/22/2024.  
07/21/2024. 
07/20/2024. 
07/19/2024.  
07/18/2024.  
07/17/2024.  
07/16/2024. 
07/15/2024. 
07/14/2024.  
07/13/2024.  
07/12/2024.  
07/11/2024. I saw my wonderful dentist 🦷 πŸͺ₯ yesterday, all is well.   Afterwards I whitened my teeth.   It’s still VERY hot πŸ₯΅ again today!
07/10/2024. The husband took me for a neighborhood walk.  Our cleaners came today and the house looks great!   We talked to our sister /sister-in-law.   I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   It was great fun 🀩.   We were decked out (again) in our 4th of July outfits.
I talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and did three things on the Pelton property today.
07/09/2024.  I had a nice shower, watered all the indoor plants and the phalaeonopsis, and prepared for the cleaners.    They cancelled,    Unfortunately, this is occurring regularly.  
I contacted another mold remediation company and sent them pictures.   They are also recommending the “nuclear” option: complete tear out of both bathtubs & the vanity.  This stress is seriously ruining my life.  
I  took myself for a nice neighborhood walk (steps = 6.6K).    I talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and a friend.


07/08/2024.  The person from 1888ABATEMENT called me and sent me pictures and a video of the work at Pelton.   Yes, there is mold.   
The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.9).   I shopped at TJ’s, banked 🏦, and backed up my computer πŸ’».
Interesting bloom on a palm


07/07/2024.  I took myself for a lovely evening walk (steps = 6K).  I talked with my sisterπŸ‘©πŸ».  They’ve found a home in Aptos right on the beach πŸ–️ & VERY expensive.   For us, it’s between that and a trip to the Galapagos.


07/06/2024. It was very hot πŸ₯΅ again today.   The husband & I shopped at Costco and I refilled the water features ⛲️.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and family!
07/05/2024. The plumber πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ”§ went into Pelton and could find NO leaks and no mold!   Without prompting, he said that the other company lied to me!   I immediately sent an e-mail documenting this to the company that recommended the remediation company and urged them to stop using this company.  I quickly heard back from them. And I still don!t have any resolution.
07/04/2024. Happy Fourth of July πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸŽ‡πŸŽ†!   I had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s with a dear friend.   Those UTI pills πŸ’Š really knocked out my energy today.    It’s VERY HOT πŸ₯΅ and we are grateful that we have A/C! I FT’d with my sister who is having a lovely family vacation!
07/03/2024. The abatement folks went in today.   Basically, without sending me any reports or pictures she want me to demolish both bathrooms😭😭😭!  I also sent in my State Farm claim for Pelton.
I talked to my friend to ask him to calm me down & he did!
I called my tenant to let the know what is going on.    He wants to bring two very experienced construction professionals out to look at the situation.   I’m very blessedπŸ™  to have them!
07/02/2024.  I had a nice shower today 🧼🚿!   I spent most of the day coordinating projects at Pelton.  The Duncan Plumbing πŸͺ   folks inspected the sewer and sent me a 10K proposal to do the repair.
I studied the Plus calls and attended Club!   It was 4th of July night, very fun 🀩!    I gave my friend a ride home afterwards.
07/01/2024. Happy 1st day of July πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡!   I watered all the phaeleonopsis (1 day overdue).   I repaired one of the sprinkler heads that had a conversion to a drip system with 6 manifolds.   My preference was to replace that part, but the online reviews of all variations of it were bad.  So I used part I had on hand and simply extended the riser, put in a 90 degree “L” added another long riser to that & placed an ordinarily sprinkler had at the end.   It may be too much water, so I’ll monitor it.
My Rachio is going off-line regularly.    I’m going to finally have to install a better router!  One of my “Gosund” devices was also off-line.  After many frustrating πŸ€ͺ attempts, all I needed to do was to turn off the VPN to connect it to the WiFi!
I also discovered that Sutter Health is NOT accepting Medicare patients even though their doctors have availability 😑 !
I FT’d my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and talked to my knee buddy.   She’s doing well, but her husband is having some medical issues.
06/30/2024. I got up at 7:45 am to determine what urgent care center had the smallest wait time and Sutter Health PAMF was it.   I had a wonderful doctor πŸ‘©πŸ½‍⚕️ , had the urine tested and it was indeed a UTI.   I initially had the prescription sent to one CVS pharmacy and then discovered that they were closed on Sunday.   The great Doctor very quickly routed the prescription to another pharmacy and I had the medication πŸ’Š in hand by 1:00 πŸ• pm.  Unfortunately, I had to cancel coffee ☕️ with my friend.  I’m feeling much better now after two doses of the medicine πŸ’Š!
06/29/2024. It was very hot πŸ₯΅ today and I didn’t do much of anything.   In the evening I discovered that I had a UTI 😒 and tomorrow is Sunday.   It will be challenging to get that addressed!
06/28/2024. I had a bout of diarrhea which caused me to cancel lunch with my wonderful friend 😒.   I watered all the inside plants, had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and got ready for our cleaners.   The house looks great!  I also communicated with the plumbers at Pelton; they cleaned the drain and noted that there’s a clay pipe underneath the sidewalk where roots are intruding.    I called a second plumbing πŸͺ  company to see if they can recommend a permanent fix, ie inserting a pipe liner into that clay pipe without having to dig up the sidewalk..
I tackled the repaired pipe in our yard and discovered another problem in that line.   I repaired that and adjusted all the heads.   As usual, I was soaked and I think my rubber boots πŸ₯Ύ are leaking.   I will test them tomorrow.
06/27/2024. Our gardeners came today and found the source of the problem with one of my irrigation lines… BIG oak tree roots had lifted the pipe causing the line to break πŸ€ͺ!   They fashioned a bypass & I will test tomorrow.
The husband & I shopped at Costco and has a nice neighborhood walk (steps = 7.1K).
My sister made it through her colonoscopy and had no polyps πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³!

Pictures of bypassed line!








06/26/2024.  I called endocrinology and the soonest appointment I can get is January 2025.    Apparently, the Doctor did not think that the nodules are a problem. 
We had a video call with  to our sister / sister-in-law & I had a nice shower 🧼 🚿.  I went to Physical Therapy and decided not to attend square dancing club.  The last time followed physical therapy, I could barely move.   I discovered that one of my sprinkler lines is not working.   Initially thought the head was the problem, but now it appears that the line is broken. Also, my tenant just sent me pictures of the underside of their bed which is full of mold 😭😭😭😭😭!
06/25/2024.  I received the asbestos and lead report.   The wall texture and joint compound contain asbestos and the tiles contain lead.     The lead in the tiles is not a problem (need to drink from a lead pipe or glass).   I had a long conversation with Daniel and we came up with a strategy for the house.
I had a nice walk today (steps = 7.3K).   I talked to our cousin who farmed the land in Los Banos.   We have someone who might be interested in renting it πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!  I also FT’d with my sister.   She is having her colonoscopy on Thursday!  That is such an unpleasant procedure, but it does save lives!
“Fairy” door seen on my walk


06/24/2024. I did a bit of gardening πŸ§‘‍🌾 .
06/23/2024. I washed two loads of clothes and watered the phalaeonopsis.   The husband took me for a great walk this evening (steps = 8.5K).   The husband continues to move those 8 yards of mulch and the yard looks great!   I talked to my sister while I walked.







06/22/2024. I had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s with a friend and had great conversations!   I shopped at TJ’s.
06/21/2024. The husband & I picked up to go dishes at Apni Mandi in Sunnyvale.   It’s delicious πŸ˜‹ vegetarian Indian food.  I also purchased 2 packages of gluten free Chapati πŸ«“. Later I took myself for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.9K).  I met at least 8 doggies on my walk 🎊πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!   The husband is busy spreading mulch and the yard really looks great!
The Dr. is working on my referral to endocrinology for the biopsy.   The thyroid test was normal.


Indian takeout


Flowering tree



06/20/2024. Happy summer solstice 😎☀️🌞🌻!  Our 8 yards of mulch was delivered and the husband is going to spread it.  To get my appointment with endocrinology, I needed an additional blood 🩸 test.   The husband took me to Stanford and afterwards we shopped at TJ’s.   I took myself for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.7K) and talked with me sister as I walked.   My brother-in-law is completely recovered from his colonoscopy.


8 yards of mulch


Rose in the ‘hood


06/19/2024. Happy Juneteenth!   It marks the end of slavery in America πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ,  a horrible 😒😒😒 part of out history.  We went to lunch with our dear friends.   We tried the Alpine Inn, but not only was there a wait to get into the parking lot, but there was a 45 minute wait for lunch!   We instead ate in Menlo Park at the Dutch Goose.  It was good too.  I had sweet potato 🍠 fries, so yummy πŸ˜‹!  I friends gave us another bag of cherries πŸ’!  I had physical therapy, studied the Plus calls, and attended Club.  I danced well, but was VERY SLOW!  I drove my friend home afterwards.
06/18/2024. The husband and I went over to the Mountain View Garden Supply and ordered 8 yards of mulch to be delivered on Thursday.    The husband plans to spread it himself…..I’m not a fan of this!  I contacted my Dr. about the thyroid biopsy and she’s referring me to an endocrinologist.
One of our Eufy’s went off line; fortunately it just needed to be charged.   I washed clothes, now two weeks worth!  I also FT’d with my sister.  I rode my stationary bicycle (steps = 6.2K).  I also watched (again) an adorable movie, Bridget Jones’s baby!


Beautiful evening sky 
Bunny!

06/17/2024. I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw the wonderful, Dr. Sah.  I got great news:  I have NOT damaged my new knee in spite of falling on it twice πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 5.9K).  We met our friends during our walk and she greeted us with delicious fresh blackberries and tomatoes πŸ… from her gardenπŸ˜‹!   I also pitted all the cherries πŸ’ we got from our another friend and froze them.






Cassie enjoying a nap 😴 



06/16/2024.  I finished watching Part 2 of Bridgerton, a wonderful series on Netflix.   The husband took me for an extended walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.7K).  I watered all the phaeleonopsis.
06/15/2024. We had an SCVSDA meeting,  from 10 am to 1 pm.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.2K).
I also finished ☑️ one of my SCVSDA actions and created a lovely Father’s Day card for my Dad in heaven.

Flowers in the ‘hood

 








06/14/2024. I had three tests at Stanford today: thyroid, knee x-rays 🩻, and blood 🩸 draws.   All went very quickly except for the 45 minute wait for my knee x-ray CD πŸ’Ώ to be cut.   It was a 4 hour process, door to door.  Thankfully, I walked almost 5K steps traversing between buildings at Stanford. The thyroid test showed some areas of concern and a biopsy is recommended.
I FT’d with my sister.


Horse sculpture of driftwood 


Hydrangea 



06/13/2024. The husband took me to Costco and then for an early evening walk around the ‘hood (steps  =  5K).   I did some more work for Jubilee and wrote up my SCVSDA report.
06/12/2024. Today was VERY BUSY!  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps today = 9.6K).  We visited with the family across the street that is moving.   We had a “Zoom” call with my sister-in-law, and had P.T, where I worked hard!  I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   I danced well tonight πŸ‘.   I also docu-signed a document for lead and asbestos testing.
Interesting “calla” lily


06/11/2024. One of my husband!s long term clients visited us today to bring us a whole bag of cherries πŸ’ that she picked.  We had a lovely visit, and we gave her a tour of our yard.  It was very hot πŸ₯΅ today.  I took myself for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 5.7K).  I met lots of doggies I the late afternoon because it was finally cool enough to walk.    I also talked to my neighbors, a wonderful family, who unfortunately are relocating to Florida at the end of the month.
I worked on the Pelton project getting a tester for lead and asbestos and I also worked on the SCVSDA Jubilee 2024 project.


In our yard






Nice vining flower





06/10/2024. I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, watered all the indoor plants, and prepared for the cleaners.  They came & the house looks great 😊!   I washed the cleaning supplies, the throw blanket on the bed and a new Bows & Beaus T shirt πŸ‘š!  I scanned & sent off the asbestos tests (from 1990!] and remediation for Pelton.  In looking back over these documents, I wonder what I was thinking in buying the place.   The construction is very poor!
06/09/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 5K). and I started on my SCVSDA Jubilee project.  I watered all the phalaeonopsis.



Bees on the blackberry blossoms!



Bees loving the blackberry blossoms!


Rose in our garden



06/08/2024. I had a nice shower 🧼 🚿 & saw my wonderful, hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ today and also had a trim.   My hair now reaches almost to my waist 🀩!   I FT’d with my sister and watched “Crazy Rich Asians” again.   That is such a great movie πŸŽ₯!
I went through the analysis 🧐 of the various options on Pelton and decided to go with the full implementation of the recommended strategy:  perimeter trenching around the crawlspace, egg crate and 20 mil cover encapsulation of the crawlspace
Bunny in our yard


06/07/2024. The husband took me for a short walk around the ‘good, the first walk since my knee collapsed. He also took me shopping at TJ’s.   I had another long consultation about Pelton with both my husband and my brother-in-law.   I was going to implement a scaled back approach.  However after more research into this and the high water table on the Westside, I decided to implement the entire recommended system.  It will be expensive and I don’t want to deal with it again!
06/06/2024. This was the 80th anniversary of D-day, an absolutely amazing military operation coordinated with many counties.   There was a moving ceremony at Normandy.
Today was VERY busy.  One of my tires πŸ›ž was reading low, so I had the pressure checked and they found a screw embedded therein.   Then it was off to PT, followed by a visit with Dr. Vaughan to check on my sinuses (all perfect πŸ‘).  I stopped at Costco on the way home, got gas ⛽️, and did some minor shopping.  Afterwards, I had an appointment with America’s Tires to repair the tire. Thankfully they were able to repair rather than replace and all for FREE πŸ†“.   (I purchased the tires there).  I was very grateful and gave the technician a tip.   Finally we had a long consultation (1 1/2 hours) with my brother-in-law about the moisture situation at Pelton.    There’s a lot to think about!



The embedded screw


One little screw, such a big problem!


06/05/2024. I slept in late since I had a bad night last night.   I had a wonderful conversation with an old friend who just got his πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍✈️pilot’s license.   He now wants us to call him “Captain”πŸ˜…!  He decided a while ago that he was going to do something very different and that led him to pursuing this license πŸͺͺ!  This friend has created a very nice life for himself.
He encouraged me to find something  different that I’m passionate about & pursue it.   Excellent advice!
I watered the plants, and briefly talked to my sister,   I studied the Plus calls, had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and attended class.   I didn’t dance well, probably because my left leg hurt from yesterday’s fall.
I heard an interesting radio broadcast that talked about ways to make connections:  ask someone for a favor, complement someone sincerely with details about the thing you’re complementing.

It was very hot πŸ₯΅ today.   I also hand watered some of the outside plants. 
Hollyhock in our garden!


06/04/2024. I fell today inside the house on our slate floors.  I don’t think I damaged my new knee, but my leg is very sore.   I mended six pairs of socks 🧦.
I spent a lot of time on the Pelton project and had a long consultation with my brother-in-law.  I sent some additional questions to the project manager.   He also sent me a reference that I was able to talk to.   This gentleman has a huge water problem in him home that resulted in mold everywhere in addition to crawl space moisture intrusion problems.
06/03/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.8K).   I also washed clothes.   One of the kitties πŸ™€ knocked over one of my phalaenopsis (in bloom of course πŸ€ͺ) and that was a big mess to clean.
Hollyhock in bloom in the ‘hood

06/02/2024. We had a quiet day today, The husband took me to Wal-mart for shopping.   It’s not somewhere that I enjoy shopping & they were out of a number of things on my list.  I finished the series “Evil” and watered the phalaenopsis.  
06/01/2024. The sister and I worked on our joint venture business and decided how to split some money πŸ’°!  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.8K).
05/31/2024. I got up early and packed up the car for Santa Cruz.   I drove there to meet my tenants and two moisture remediation companies.  There was a horrible accident on highway 17 and traffic was stopped for 10 miles (completely stopped, not moving at all!).   
The home is spotless & beautifully decorated.   I also met their adorable puppers Fritzy.  I really liked one of the companies and their approach to the remediation.   I spoke with my cousin who farms our lands and also with my sister.   I stopped on the way home for gas ⛽️ and shopped at TJ’s.
 
Fritz

05/30/2024. I talked to my nephew today.   He’s doing well.   When I told him about the issues in Santa Cruz he said (correctly) that I should have addressed this problem way early in the rebuild process. The husband & I did some banking & shopped at Costco
05/29/2024. We took the husband’s car in for routine maintenance and I got to pet the shop dog πŸ• Xander.   He’s a beautiful & very friendly golden retriever.  We had a “zoom” call with our sister/sister-in-law.  I had physical therapy & got 5.7K steps in.
05/28/2024. I got ready for the house cleaners, watered all the indoor plants and had a nice shower 🧼🚿!  The house looks great!   I also cleaned up some more items at my desk that I did not need.  I changed some of the restoration companies schedules and FT’d my sister,   I posted on-line reminders of the 5th Wednesday and the Ice Cream Fling Thing.    (Steps = 7.5K, including bike ride).
05/27/2024. I took myself for a nice hike πŸ₯Ύ around the ‘hood (steps = 6.7K).   I met 4 doggies too, all of whom I’ve met before.    I found some more remediation companies to call.  I finally cleaned all the stuff on the floor and sorted it.  
05/26/2024. The husband and I shopped at TJ’s, I washed clothes and watered the phaeleonopsis.
05/25/2024.  The husband took me for a nice walk πŸ₯Ύ in the hills (steps = 5.4K).   I added some blue lights to my display (red, white & blue for Memorial Day.   I worked on the moisture spreadsheet for Pelton.
05/24/2024. The husband got me up early for a short walk & then I took another walk by myself in the evening and met 3 doggies (steps = 8K).   I also talked to one of the remediation companies who inspected Pelton today & received his bid.  I FT’d with my sister.






05/23/2024.The husband and I walked around the ‘hood (steps = 8.4K).  We talked with a very interesting gentleman 88 years old who knew the entire history of our neighborhood!  I worked on the Pelton project, setting up appointments.


Flower in the ‘hood


Kangaroo paws

Poppies

Scented geraniums


Pineapple guava flower


Innocent kitties!πŸ˜‚

Scented geraniums

Strawberries πŸ“ 
05/22/2024. The husband & I shopped at Costco and then had a quick walk around the ‘hood (steps =6.6K).   I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   It was graduation night at club so we had to wait until the ceremony ended.   I drove a friend home & updated a few sites with the 5th Wednesday dance.   I also worked on the Santa Cruz project.
Flowers in the ‘hood

05/21/2024. I had a shower 🚿 🧼 and PT today.   I also FT’d my sister,    I do not feel very well, starting at about 8 pm.    I hope I feel better tomorrow!
05/20/2024. I had a great hike πŸ₯Ύ today at Rancho San Antonio Park (steps = 14K).  Unfortunately, I didn’t wear my back brace and my back hurt 😞!  We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s, I shopped at TJ’s, and got gas ⛽️ at Costco.   My tank was literally on empty πŸ€ͺ (DTE = 1 Mile). I worked on the Pelton project to get a remediation company scheduled.
I washed clothes πŸ‘šπŸ‘–!





Juvenile duckling


Mama duck 


Dad duck

 


05/19/2024. The husband took me for two walks today (Steps = 7 K).   I filled the two outdoor water fountains and jet cleaned off the algae.   I also watered the phaeleonopsis orchids.
05/18/2024. I saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ today and afterwards shopped at TJ’s.  Later I took myself for a walk (steps = 7,1K).  I met 4 doggies too!



Perez’s sea lavender 





05/17/2024. The nice gentleman from the moisture testing company called and talked me through some items.   I also talked to my tenant and reviewed my plan with him.   We had a Zoom call with my sister-in-law.   She’s very happy in her new home 🏠!  The husband took for a walk around the ‘hood and we met some very nice neighbors and their doggies (total steps = 7.8K)
I contacted the two crawl space companies,   Unfortunately, their time frame is out in July and August,
05/16/2024. I was depressed πŸ˜” today.   The husband got me out for a nice walk around the ‘hood and for some hard work.  I carefully reviewed the Pelton inspection report and cement up with an action plan.   I FT’d with my sister.
Pretty flowers in the ‘hood

05/15/2024. We had a great lunch in Redwood City at the Bangkok Cafe, Thai food πŸ˜‹.  Afterwards, the husband & I shopped at Costco.   I reviewed the Plus calls and danced at Club.   I danced fine.  I read the moisture report on Pelton sent by my environmental inspector, very depressing.





05/14/2024.  I watered the indoor plants and got ready for our wonderful cleaners.  I also went to physical therapy& in the early evening took myself for a walk around the ‘hood (steps =  8.5K).   While on my walk I spoke with my sister and our cousin who farms our ranches.   The price of all the crops (cotton, almonds, etc) is very bad 😒 πŸ’Έ!   He says all the farmers are suffering.  Also, his wife fell and has a very bad and painful arm break πŸ€•.  I washed the cloths and mops used by our cleaners.

Smoke tree in bloom 


Egg yoke flower


05/13/2024. One of my hiking partners came over and we hiked around the ‘hood (steps = 9.8K).  I shopped at TJ’s and the husband made delicious πŸ˜‹ tofu and vegetarian chili.  

Our new weed pulling tool arrived and the husband and I pulled a bunch of dandelions.   It will take us forever to get them all pulled 😫!   I also did a little bit of gardening πŸ‘©‍🌾 elsewhere.
I was tired and depressed again today.   I’m  sad because I haven’t travelled 🧳 more in my retirement.


Rose in our garden
Baby bunny





Kangaroo paws in our yard



05/12/2024. Happy Mother’s DayπŸ’πŸ€—!   I sent out Mother’s Day texts to family & friends.   The husband took me for a hike in the ‘hood.    One of our neighbors put out a vase of beautiful yellow roses 🌹 for neighbors to take.   She received over 100 roses for Mother’s Day!  I watered the phaeleonopsis and washed clothes.   I walked and rode my stationary bike for over 7K steps today!

Lots of poppies in bloom in the ‘hood!















Our neighbor put out these roses for us to take!

05/11/2024.  I was depressed πŸ˜” today.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood & with my stationary bike I got in over 7K steps.

A tower full of kitties!


05/10/2024. Happy 27th wedding anniversary to us πŸ‘°πŸ»‍♀️🀡🏻‍♂️πŸ’πŸ’ž!   We exchanged lovely cards and then got take out lunch from Apna Baazar!   We love their food so much πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!
I posted our anniversary on FB and we received lots of well wishes!
   

  Baby bunny


05/09/2024.  I watered the indoor plants &had the city come out to unstop our clogged sewer pipe.   It was full of roots going out towards the street.  Our wonderful gardeners planted the 6 new plants & fixed the drip line bitten by the squirrels 😑!
Root bundle plucked from sewer
The husband took me for a great walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.2K). 
Rhododendron in the ‘hood

05/08/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the 'hood (steps = 4.7K).  He shopped at Costco and I got a problem fixed with one of my financial tools.
I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼, studied the Plus calls and attended club.   The theme was “Cinco de Ocho” (it was the 8th of May πŸ˜‚).   There were great outfits and I danced reasonably well.   Total steps today = 7.2K.
05/07/2024. Lots of phaeleonopsis in bloom! I had Physical Therapy, exchanged the kitties food, and shopped at Safeway.




05/06/2024.   For the first time since last August, I hiked with my hiking group, over 5 miles.  It was a beautiful day.   We had coffee ☕at Peet's, then I shopped for an anniversary card (no luck), and at TJ's! It was so wonderful to be with my hiking group again!  Steps = 16K)!  I had a nice, long nap πŸ’€ too!  I also FT’d with my sister & arranged for mold testing at Pelton.05/06/2024. 

Lots of ducks enjoying the pond


The pond is full!


Wildflowers everywhere!
Looks like a Sunflower but I don't believe it is..


05/05/2024. Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Did you know that this is not a real Mexican holiday?   It was made up by Mexicans living in the U.S!   The husband took me for a walk (steps = 5.2K).    I invited myself to go with my neighbor to Summerwinds Nursery and bought 6 plants (cost $70!).    I found plants that I’ve wanted for a long time. 
05/04/2024. I met my friend for coffee ☕️ at Peet’s.  We couldn’t hike because it was pouring rain ☔️ in  May!   We had a nice visit and then I shopped at TJ’s.
                                                                                                                                          
05/06/2024.  I resumed  my blog after a 7 month hiatus.   Various pictures are posted below ⬇️.
During the interim, I had a fabulous trip to Yellowstone & Cody, WI. with my sister and brother-in-law, visited our cousins in Wyoming, had a knee replacement, fell on my new knee (thankfully, no damage), visited my family in El Dorado Hills, gained 16 pounds 😬😬😬, walked 7K steps a day with my  husband and more!

Yellowstone videos, be sure to listen to the elk trumpeting to announce his ownership over his harem!
















Oscar the Buffalo 🦬 










Various photos over the past 7 months!

Scented geranium

Iris!




Rhodedendron in bloom for first time!

Custom made toppers to look like the bride and groom!

Geese mom & dad with 3 goslings!








The great niece’s traditional bunny cake!



in the hills!




Dad's Clivia in bloom


















Pebbles






Cassie!





 










Apna bazaar, eggplants πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹!
Garden bounty



















Cooper hawk at our fountain hunting our cottontails😒!









No comments:

Post a Comment