NOTE TO READERS: SCROLL DOWN, ENTRIES ARE NEWEST TO OLDEST!
09/30/2024. I walked with friends at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12.8K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s. I had a bad night last night where my stomach hurt, so I rested in the afternoon.
![]() |
| Reservoir completely dry |
09/29/2024. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood. He installed one of the halogen lights above the sink. It’s about 15 feet up on a vaulted ceiling. We also tried to install the new CO / smoke detector alarm, but the connection is different. I ordered an adapter. We can’t figure out how to turn off the circuit breaker to all the connected smoke detectors so rather than fooling with live wiring, we are going to use the adapter.
09/28/2024. The husband and I took our two boxes over to the shredding event. He took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.2K). I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻. I also called off the appointment with the person who was coming to clean our fountains ⛲️.
09/27/2024. I went to El Camino Hospital 🏥 to have X-rays 🩻 taken of my knee. I shopped at TJ’s also.
09/26/2024. The husband and I talked to our gardeners about some changes that will hopefully make my husband happy and will make things easier for them. I went to PT and was happily surprised that I have not lost any strength. I have not been doing my exercises and I will remedy that going forward, The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps with stationary bike = 7.3K).
09/25/2024. I had lunch at Hobees with my square dancing friend and his sister. Lunch was delicious 😋. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 to check on the results of my brother-in-law’s doctor appointment. It went well and he will have to be closely monitored. I studied the Plus calls and attended club. I danced well tonight.
09/24/2024. I watered all the indoor plants, had a nice shower 🧼🚿, and got ready for our cleaners. The house looks wonderful. I washed all the cleaning supplies.
09/23/2024. It’s great to be home! I washed clothes and rode my stationary bike (steps = 5.4K). I contacted two people to whom we are going to gift some antique tractors 🚜. My sister is happy that we are gifting them rather than selling them. I watered the phalaeonopsis.
09/22/2024. I toured all of our ranches with our new tenant. He’s just great. I visited my wonderful cousins also and stopped off at the cemetery. I was unable to find the gravesites of my parents and I searched everywhere!
09/21/2024. I drove to Los Banos, checked into the hotel 🏨, and attended our class reunion. It was held at the tractor 🚜 museum of one of our classmates and he hosted the entire buffet dinner and unlimited servings of wine 🍷. There was also a DJ there. H asked each classmate to tell how they got to Los Banos and there were some wonderful stories.
09/20/2024. The husband took me for 2 walks today (steps = 7.3K). I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻♀️. I started to get ready for my trip tomorrow.
09/19/2024. The husband drove me downtown so that I could mail an oversized “get well” card. I shopped at Draegars. I went in for milk 🥛 and bought other things. That store is VERY, VERY expensive 💸. I arranged for someone to clean our two water features. I washed clothes too.
09/18/2024. I watered all the indoor plants and the phalaeonopsis and signed the lease. I called Kidde and they determined that our CO/smoke detector alarm was defective and they are sending me a new one!
09/17/2024. I washed clothes and the husband took me for a long walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7K). I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 to review some business details on our ranches. I ordered replacement halogen lights for over our kitchen sink.
09/16/2024. I walked with my friend at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12.8K). Two sets of people stopped us on the trail to tell us how beautiful 🤩 we were! We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’sand another friend joined us. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 to review a lease.
![]() |
| Pond is completely dry now! |
09/15/2024. We had a lovely brunch at Rick’s cafe with our cousins. We had not seen them since March. They invited us out to celebrate the husband’s birthday 🥳🎁🎉🎈🎂 and we had a wonderful visit.
In the afternoon the husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.4K). Lots of doggies 🐶 were out walking and I petted at least five! I’m sad to report that the 49ers 🏈 lost 😞, however the Kansas City Chiefs won 🏈 🎉🎊🥳 by one point!
|
|
||||||
09/14/2024. I was VERY lazy today. Tonight we had lots of excitement! Our CO/smoke detector started beeping at 1:00 am. I threw all kinds of breakers and couldn’t find the one to turn it off. After changing batteries 🪫 to no avail, we removed the entire thing.
Meanwhile after losing power (due to thrown breakers), Comcast went offline and I tried numerous things to restore functionality including shutting down the power to the box. That also didn’t help and of course it was IMPOSSIBLE to reach Comcast even at 2:30 am! I also noticed that our VERY HIGH kitchen light bulb 💡 burned out (it has been 17 years). Finally at about 3:45 am I went to bed. When I got up, all was well with Comcast.
I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 this evening.
09/13/2024. I FT’d my sister 👩🏻. I went geocaching with my friend. We first had coffee at Starbucks to plan our strategy. We hunted 🔎 3 geocaches and found two. It was great fun 🤩!
Afterwards, the husband & I shopped at TJ’s because he was out of ice cream 🍨. I also topped off the two fountains and washed as much algae from them as possible.
09/12/2024. Happy birthday to my husband 🎊🎁🎉🎈🥳🤗🤗🤗! He liked the musical and lighted birthday card I got for him and had lots of phone calls and texts. We shopped at Costco (it’s what he wanted to do!).
I created a new Bows and Beaus Facebook page and deposited a few checks.
09/11/2024. Today is the 23rd anniversary of the 911 attacks on the USA 🇺🇸. 3,000 people perished and hundreds of additional first responders subsequently died due to inhaling the toxic fumes.
I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was party night, with the theme of autumn 🍂 🍁colors and we had over 8 squares. I gave my friend a ride home.
09/10/2024. I watered the inside plants, had a nice shower 🚿🧼, and got ready for the cleaners. The house looks great. I washed all the cleaning supplies and rags. I took myself for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.7K) and talked to my sister 👩🏻 on the walk. My brother-in-law is doing very well 👍👍👍!
|
|
|
09/09/2024. I hiked with my friends at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 13.3K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and our other friend joined us. I shopped at TJ’s. I worked on my “to do” list, making excellent progress 👏👏👏!
In the evening, the husband and I watched the 49ers 🏈 trample over the New York Jets 🥳🎊🎉👏!
I watered the phaleonopsis.
09/08/2024. I had a quiet day today. I FT’d my sister 👩🏻, did my back exercises and rode my indoor exercise bike.
09/07/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.3K). I did a lot of steaming of the mud room, my bathroom, and all the slate. My back REALLY hurt 😔! I updated the financials on the Pelton high humidity issue.
09/06/2024. Happy Anniversary to my sister & brother-in-law 👰🏻🤵🏻🥂! I posted a nice message for them on FB. It is VERY hot 🥵 again today! I watered my indoor and outdoor plants.
09/05/2024. The extra shower door at Pelton got picked up. I made reservations for my class reunion & investigated whether the Pelton sewer problem would be covered by insurance (it’s not), and made an appointment for my back. It’s very hot 🥵 today!
We watched a Kansas City football 🏈 game, KC won! I binge watched “The Perfect Couple” and it was really not worth watching. The scenery was beautiful though.
09/04/2024. We had a video meeting with our sister/sister-in-law. I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, studied the Plus calls and attended club. I was happily surprised to see my friend there & got to meet his brother too!
09/03/2024. Happy birthday to my sister 🥳🎈🎉🎁🎊🎂🤗🤗🤗👩🏻! I FT’d with her and sent her several birthday text messages.
I hiked with my group at Pichetti Winery (steps = 11.8K). Unfortunately I got a REALLY BAD backache. My friends hiked ahead and picked me up to drive me to my car. One friend and I had coffee ☕️ & tea 🧋 at Peet’s. I also shopped at TJ’s.
I resumed my back exercises. I’m wondering if my expensive, new mattress is aggravating my back.
09/02/2024. I washed clothes, FT’d with my sister 👩🏻, paid some bills 💸, and updated the financials.
09/01/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 3.8K). The husband picked figs and we brought them over to our friends and had a nice visit. We drove by the post office 🏤 so I could drop off some letters. My brother-in-law is doing very well!
I’m remembering this saying “when I change the way I look at things, the things I look at change”. This is particularly for my late night bad eating habits!
08/31/2024. I attended the SCVSDA meeting today. I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and saw my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻♀️!
08/30/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.4K). He took me to Stanford to get my blood 🩸 draws. I was fortunate to find him in the parking structure because our cell phones don’t work in there. We then shopped at Costco. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻. My brother-in-law is doing well, and of course he’s in pain.
08/29/2024. The husband took me for a lovely walk around the hood (steps = 6K) and we saw the doggies Arlo and Cindy! We were very happy about that! I shopped at TJ’s and found some great bananas 🍌!
The new shower doors are installed at Pelton 🎊🎉🥳 and my tenants like them. I discovered that I ordered 3 shower doors instead of 2. Fortunately, the first one installed was brushed nickel and it looks great, even better than the chrome one! I’ve already arranged a free pickup of the extra door from the Home Depot. I tried again to fix my light string….no success. With all these incorrect orders (wrong size fluorescent lights, 3 shower doors instead of 2, the husband is wondering about me!
My brother-in-law is in pain as expected. My friend from square dancing called me and he is doing fine following his cataract surgery on Tuesday.
08/28/2024. I did the return of my hair clips at Kohl’s and shopped at TJ’s. Unfortunately, the milk 🥛 had a loose cap and spilled all over the car seat and I dripped it into the house. It took a while to clean that up😩🙄!
I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was great fun 🤩! My brother in law is doing fine today. The pain hasn’t yet hit.
08/27/2024. The husband got me up early for a walk (steps = 6.7K) because the weather today will be very hot 🥵. My brother-in-law had his knee replacement surgery today and all went well 👏👏👏! My friend from square dancing is having his cataract surgery today.
I watered all the plants, had a nice shower 🧼🚿, and got ready for our cleaners. The house looks great. I washed all the cleaning towels and mop heads.
08/26/2024. I had a nice hike at Rancho San Antonio with my friends (steps = 13.7K). I shopped at TJ’s also. I wished my brother-in-law well in his knee replacement surgery tomorrow. I had a nice phone conversation with my friend’s sister (he’s a square dancing friend). At Pelton, the electrical is done and the sump pump is plugged in. We have only one more task remaining 🎉🥳🎊! I coordinated that today.
08/25/2024. I attempted to fix a string of blue lights and didn’t succeed. I sat down too long and now my back hurts 🤕!
08/24/2024. I received my delivery 🚚 from the Home Depot and I had ordered the wrong 😑 fluorescent lights. So to the Home Depot I go, did the returns and spent $119! Then worked on cleaning up my mail and managed to revoke access where I shouldn’t have ….. another hour of figuring that out 😖😖😖!
08/23/2024. My husband got me out of bed for a walk in the hills (steps = 8,2K). For some reason, my “new” knee hurt and I had a tough time walking.
The husband and I watched an interesting 🤨 TV special on UFO’s 🛸.
I coordinated with the electrical folks at Pelton. The panel will be installed on Monday 8/26. Then there will be only one more thing left to do 🎉🎊🥳!
I talked to the sister of a square dancing friend to help her sort out some help that her brother needs.
I FT’d with my sister also. Her husband will have his knee replacement next Tuesday,
08/22/2024. My friend came over to pick figs and we had a lovely chat. I briefed her on the Pelton issues and fixes. I took myself for a late afternoon walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.6K). During the walk I talked to my dear cousin from Wyoming so we caught up on everything!
I also got through my “to do” list for today, including watering the indoor plants, paying a few bills, and filling out some paperwork.
The amaryllis belladonnas are in bloom everywhere.
08/21/2024. Happy heavenly birthday to my friend Kathy. I replaced three fluorescent tube light bulbs and ordered some replacements. I refilled the outdoor water fountains and treated them for algae. I studied the Plus calls and attended Club. It was great fun 🤩! I drove a friend home afterwards.
08/20/2024. Happy birthday 🎊🎉🎂🎁 🎈 to my oldest nephew! I had a nice shower 🚿🧼and accompanied the husband to Redwood City for his driver’s license final tests. He had an appointment, but had to stand in line to verify the appointment before he was let in. Such inefficiency 😖! Then we shopped at Costco there.
I gathered some scented geranium cuttings and some flower pots for my friend and drove them to her. We spent a long time talking and I learned some interesting things. I then filled my car with gas ⛽️ at the Sunnyvale Costco and picked up Indian meals for us at Apni Mandi. As usual they are delicious 😋 😋😋!
I ordered the two shower doors for Pelton.
08/19/2024. I hiked at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 13.9K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and a friend met us there. I did some banking and shopped at TJ’s. I washed clothes in the evening.
08/18/2024. I shopped at Sally’s Beauty because they had some items I needed on sale. The husband took me for a nice walk this evening (steps = 5.5K) & I picked blackberries. I had a nice conversation with the sister of one of my square dancing friends. I signed and sent off the electrical bid. Here is a saying that resonates with me: happiness is something to do, something to hope for, and someone to love.
I’m missing 2 of those 3 things.
08/17/2024. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.3K).
![]() |
| Amazing Sunset! |
08/16/2024. The husband took me for a walk today and I had a 2nd walk in the evening (steps = 7.630). I talked to one of my cousins. She is very sad because she had to place her husband in a care facility and she misses him very much. I also talked to my youngest nephew. I briefed him on the Pelton situation and he told me all about the computer 🖥️ he built.
I returned some items at Wal-Mart, bought some additional items and also shopped at TJ’s.
08/15/2024. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻, shopped at Wally’s World (Wal-Mart), and visited my friend at the Terraces. She looks very well today! I posted some dances to our on line accounts. I overate today and I’m sad 😢 about that.
08/14/2024. I studied the Plus calls and attended Club very early to perform “square-head” duties. I had a great time dancing.
08/13/2024 Happy birthday to my niece 🥳🎊🎉🎂! My wonderful neighbor also visited and we had a nice conversation. I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, watered all the inside plants and the phalaeonopsis. Our cleaners came and the house looks great!
08/12/2024. I hiked with our hiking 🥾 group at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12.5K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peets.
My sister 👩🏻 and brother-in-law safely arrived home. They had a great trip!
08/11/2024. I shopped & TJ’s and visited a friend who is at the Terraces. She is looking well! The husband and I also switched out hoses. We now have a 100 foot hose that reaches to the front of our driveway. I watched the closing Olympics ceremony. It was amazing 🤩. They handed off the Olympic flag to Los Angeles for the 2028 summer games.
08/10/2024. I attended the SCVSDA meeting, had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and got my hair done by my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻♀️! The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 4.5K).
08/09/2024. My friend and I geocached today in downtown Los Altos. It’s been over 2 years since we’ve done this due to various health issues. We had coffee ☕️ at Starbucks first. We found 2 out of 3 geocaches, yah 🎉🎊🥳! Afterwards, the husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.2K).
At Pelton, the repair and sealing of all the grout is complete! I updated my expenses spreadsheet and I have spent 27K 💸💸💸!
|
|
|
||||||||||
|
|
|
||||||||||
|
|
08/08/2024. I washed clothes and assembled the new Bona mop (with help from the husband). I also answered calls from the “Grout Expert” who is redoing the grout in Santa Cruz. There was no power and it turned out to be an exterior switch for the whole house 🤪🤪🤪! I didn’t even know it existed.
![]() |
| Very tiny lizard, less than 3/4” |
08/07/2024. We had a dial in with our sister/sister-in-law 👩🏼. I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was lots of fun! I drove a friend to his home afterwards.
08/06/2024. We attended a wonderful block party hosted by my neighbors. Over 50 people attended & the food was great 😋! There were lots of pies 🥧, brownies, fruit salads, and hamburgers and hot dogs too. We had a wonderful live band and singer 🎤. The mayor, policemen 👮♂️ and policewomen 👮🏻♀️and firefighters 🧑🏻🚒 visited. They brought lots of presents too. I tried to get them to arrest my husband on the charge of being too handsome 😂, but they refused! I helped with the set up too,
08/05/2024. I hiked with our group (steps = 12.8K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s.
08/04/2024. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.3K). We changed the bulb 💡 in one of our track lights. That was more of a challenge that it seemed. Because we were using LED’s the watts were not high enough for the switch. To remedy this, we swapped one of the LEDs for an incandescent bulb 💡 and all is well!
08/03/2024. I rested today and FT’d with my sister 👩🏻. I continued to watch the 2024 Olympics 🤸🏿♂️🏊🏼♂️🏃🏿♀️!
08/02/2024. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.2K). I did my infrequent shopping at Wally’s World (aka Wal-Mart). The prices are great, the shopping experience is not!
08/01/2024. The husband and I shopped at Costco & I finished & mailed my paperwork for Pelton, city requirements.I watered all the indoor plants 🪴.
07/31/2024. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 and we had a video call with our sister / sister-in-law. I sent my tenants an update on Pelton. I’m hopeful that I’ll be finished with this project my mid-August 🤞🤞🤞!
07/30/2024. I refilled both fountains ⛲️ and washed them down. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6.1 K. I talked to the electric company about their bid for Pelton.
07/29/2024. I hiked with 2 of my hiking 🥾 friends at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12.9K, over 5 miles!). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and another hiking friend joined us. We had a great time catching up because it’s been many months since we were all together. I shopped and TJ’s and watered the phalaenopsis.
07/28/2024. I washed clothes and the husband and I picked blackberries. I started from scratch with the Bows and Beaus logo and succeeded 🏆!
07/27/2024. The husband took me for a quick walk around the ‘hood (steps = 4.5K). I worked on the Bows & Beaus profile photo and did not succeed in creating one that fit.
I created a new FB page for our club. There are still some changes needed.
![]() |
| The husband’s succulents |
07/25/2024. The husband and I mailed three birthday 🎂 cards. I picked up lunches for us at Apni Mandi and it is so delicious 😋. I scored today because they had eggplant 🍆😪🎉🎊🥳! So for my two selections, I got eggplant 🍆!
I fooled around with the new Bona mop and discovered unfortunately that I ordered the downgraded model. It’s impossible to take apart so I will have to live with it. The main difference is the mop head and I saved the one from my previous model.
07/24/2024. The husband and I shopped at TJ’s. We had our call with our sister / sister-in-law. I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was lots of fun 🤩 & amateur caller night. I drove a friend home afterwards.
Crawlspace encapsulated!
07/23/2024. We got the house ready for the cleaners and it looks great. I watered all the inside plants and had a nice shower 🚿🧼. I washed the cleaning supplies. Our Bona mop broke so I ordered a new one.
Dealing with the Pelton issues is wearing on my soul. I got another bid for sealing the tile. To comfort myself I ate cereal and bread 🍞 with butter 🧈 , and cereal. It didn’t help.
07/22/2024. It was very hot 🥵 again today. I took myself for a walk around the 'hood (steps = 6.2K) and met lots of doggies 🐶. I FT'd with ny sister.
It is Monday and as usual, I'm dealing with Pelton issues. This is so tiresome.
07/21/2024. The husband and I walked around the ‘hood today (steps =6.1K). I also FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 and watered all the phalaenopsis. My husband fixed some nice mixed vegetables and I added my left over tofu 😋!
07/20/2024. I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻♀️ today!
07/19/2024. We had a lovely birthday 🎊🎉🥳🎂lunch with our friend and ate at Sishi Monster in Belmont. I rode my stationary bike for 6.3K steps and FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.
07/18/2024. I had a bone density scan at Stanford. The results are in, but I’m unsure how to read them. I started getting bids on the tile at Pelton. The husband and I shopped at Costco. Afterwards, I came home and ate WWWWAAAAAYYYYY too much ☹️😥😪😢!
07/17/2024. The husband finished spreading 8 yards of mulch throughout the gardens. They look great! I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and met my former dance and geo-caching partner for coffee ☕️. He and his wife are suffering from quite a few health problems 😥😥. I had not seen him in over two years.
The husband took me for a quick walk areoud the ‘hood (steps = 3.7K). I also washed my bedspread.
With the husband’s help, I figured out what I’m going to do at Pelton: have a tile person check out the tile in both tubs, regrout as needed and look for signs of water damage / mold. I collected the names of 3 tile companies.
![]() |
| Magnolia tree in bloom |
07/16/2024. Happy birthday 🎊🎈🎉🎂🥳🎁💐 to my dear cousin; she’s the same age as I am and a few months younger.
I’m still in a conundrum about Pelton and how to investigate possible problems in the interior bathroom walls. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood today and we talked to a wonderful neighbor and his dog, Monkey. (Steps = 7.3K).
07/15/2024. We shopped at TJ’s and the husband took me for two walks today (steps = 6.9K). We made chili and Tofu for dinner 😋.
07/14/2024. Thankfully, it is a lot cooler today! The husband and I shopped at TJ’s and I washed clothes. The husband took me for a nice neighborhood walk in the evening (steps = 7.3K).
07/13/2024. Today someone attempted to and nearly succeeded in assassinating former president Trump. This is very upsetting 😭😭😭 to all of us in the USA 🇺🇸 regardless of political beliefs.
07/12/2024. I rested today, very tired from yesterday’s trek to Santa Cruz.
07/11/2024. I fixed the husband’s glasses 👓 today. The State Farm inspector called and suggested an appointment 📅 today! With the husband’s help, I hustled and made it over there by 4:00 🕓 pm. He looked over everything including the newly encapsulated crawlspace. He concluded that the degraded drywall was due to water overspray from the bathtub. I’m unsure why the degraded drywall wasn’t visible last year when I had the entire house painted. Because of this, he is going to deny my claim (deferred maintenance is not covered!). I reviewed the next steps with my tenants. The husband wants me to investigate 🔬 mold behind the tub wall and I will do that.
I’m very pleased with the encapsulation: no smells anymore 🥳🎊🎉!
I also got to play with Fritzie! My tenant let me feed.him lots of treats so he really likes me now!
Afterwards, I took myself for a lovely walk along West Cliff Drive (steps = 8K).. The weather is Santa Cruz was high 60’s compared to the high 80’s at home.
I talked to my sister 👩🏻 on the drive to and from Santa Cruz.
07/11/2024. I saw my wonderful dentist 🦷 🪥 yesterday, all is well. Afterwards I whitened my teeth. It’s still VERY hot 🥵 again today!
The good news is that I have someone from State Farm assigned to look 🧐 at Pelton.
I unsuccessfully attempted to repair the busband’s glasses 👓 !
07/10/2024. The husband took me for a neighborhood walk. Our cleaners came today and the house looks great! We talked to our sister /sister-in-law. I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was great fun 🤩. We were decked out (again) in our 4th of July outfits.
I talked to my sister 👩🏻 and did three things on the Pelton property today.
07/09/2024. I had a nice shower, watered all the indoor plants and the phalaeonopsis, and prepared for the cleaners. They cancelled, Unfortunately, this is occurring regularly.
I contacted another mold remediation company and sent them pictures. They are also recommending the “nuclear” option: complete tear out of both bathtubs & the vanity. This stress is seriously ruining my life.
I took myself for a nice neighborhood walk (steps = 6.6K). I talked to my sister 👩🏻 and a friend.
07/08/2024. The person from 1888ABATEMENT called me and sent me pictures and a video of the work at Pelton. Yes, there is mold.
The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 7.9). I shopped at TJ’s, banked 🏦, and backed up my computer 💻.
![]() |
| Interesting bloom on a palm |
07/07/2024. I took myself for a lovely evening walk (steps = 6K). I talked with my sister👩🏻. They’ve found a home in Aptos right on the beach 🏖️ & VERY expensive. For us, it’s between that and a trip to the Galapagos.
07/06/2024. It was very hot 🥵 again today. The husband & I shopped at Costco and I refilled the water features ⛲️. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 and family!
07/05/2024. The plumber 👨🏻🔧 went into Pelton and could find NO leaks and no mold! Without prompting, he said that the other company lied to me! I immediately sent an e-mail documenting this to the company that recommended the remediation company and urged them to stop using this company. I quickly heard back from them. And I still don!t have any resolution.
07/04/2024. Happy Fourth of July 🇺🇸🎇🎆! I had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s with a dear friend. Those UTI pills 💊 really knocked out my energy today. It’s VERY HOT 🥵 and we are grateful that we have A/C! I FT’d with my sister who is having a lovely family vacation!
07/03/2024. The abatement folks went in today. Basically, without sending me any reports or pictures she want me to demolish both bathrooms😭😭😭! I also sent in my State Farm claim for Pelton.
I talked to my friend to ask him to calm me down & he did!
I called my tenant to let the know what is going on. He wants to bring two very experienced construction professionals out to look at the situation. I’m very blessed🙏 to have them!
07/02/2024. I had a nice shower today 🧼🚿! I spent most of the day coordinating projects at Pelton. The Duncan Plumbing 🪠 folks inspected the sewer and sent me a 10K proposal to do the repair.
I studied the Plus calls and attended Club! It was 4th of July night, very fun 🤩! I gave my friend a ride home afterwards.
07/01/2024. Happy 1st day of July 🎆🎇! I watered all the phaeleonopsis (1 day overdue). I repaired one of the sprinkler heads that had a conversion to a drip system with 6 manifolds. My preference was to replace that part, but the online reviews of all variations of it were bad. So I used part I had on hand and simply extended the riser, put in a 90 degree “L” added another long riser to that & placed an ordinarily sprinkler had at the end. It may be too much water, so I’ll monitor it.
My Rachio is going off-line regularly. I’m going to finally have to install a better router! One of my “Gosund” devices was also off-line. After many frustrating 🤪 attempts, all I needed to do was to turn off the VPN to connect it to the WiFi!
I also discovered that Sutter Health is NOT accepting Medicare patients even though their doctors have availability 😡 !
I FT’d my sister 👩🏻 and talked to my knee buddy. She’s doing well, but her husband is having some medical issues.



























































































































No comments:
Post a Comment