NOTE TO READERS: SCROLL DOWN, ENTRIES ARE NEWEST TO OLDEST!
05/02/2025.
05/01/2025.
04/30/2025.
04/29/2025.
04/28/2025.
04/27/2025.
04/26/2025.
04/25/2025.
04/24/2025.
04/23/2025.
04/22/2025.
04/21/2025.
04/20/2025. Happy Easter ๐ฃ๐ฐ๐! I send out text greetings to many relatives and friends. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. We also shopped at TJ’s. I FY’d my sister ๐ฉ๐ป. She fixed a lively brunch for my niece and her family.
04/19/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I got notified that the DMV just charged me $81 for a parking fine at Santa Rosa Junior College, a place that I’ve never been! Sigh ๐! I can only imaging what it will take to recover that money!๐ธ I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป too!
I watered all the indoor plants and the phalaeonopsis.
04/18/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood, we dropped off some recycling ♻️ (and got paid $14๐), and I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป. On our walk, we talked to a neighbor and gave her some scented geranium cuttings. We also gave her a tour of our yard.
04/17/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood, my first walk since surgery. I also FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป!
 |
| Wild rose from our garden! |
04/16/2025. The husband took me in to see my eye ๐️ surgeon ๐ฉ๐ป⚕️. She says everything is looking great, so far! I also filled our some business forms and sent them in.
04/15/2025. Happy Tax Day๐ธ! I checked to make sure the payments I set up went through, and they had. This is also the day of eye surgery # 2. I got up early and had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ. The husband took me in and all is well, so far. My sister and several others texted to check up on me! The husband is installing a barrier on our mostly open fence. I had it fixed, but the neighbors are afraid that their children’s dogs ๐ถ will get through.
04/14/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood where we met and got to pet at least 3 doggies ๐ฆฎ. I washed clothes. Of course I had to fast after midnight ๐, but it wasn’t too bad.
|
 | | Azalea originally gifted to me by me sister |
|
|
|
|
04/13/2025. The husband and I worked on decluttering again.
04/12/2025. I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ and saw my wonderful hairdresser ๐๐ป♀️. Afterwards, I shopped at TJ’s. Then I picked up my eye prescriptions at Safeway.
04/11/2025. The husband and I worked on decluttering my desk. I also got one of my passwords reset (30 minute wait on phone). The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood, I watered the outside plants, the inside plants and the phalaenopsis orchids.
04/10/2025. I brought my friend to a clinic so she could get x-rays ๐ฉป. I had my appointment with the gastroenterologist and she has scheduled me for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Both will be done at the same time. I FT’d my sister ๐ฉ๐ป also.
04/09/2025. My long time friend called me to wish me Happy Birthday and we had a nice conversation. I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ, studied the Plus calls and attended Club. I had a great time! I drove a friend home afterwards.
04/08/2025. Happy birthday to me ๐๐๐๐๐ฅณ๐! The husband took me for a walk, I opened all my birthday cards and received lots of texts and e-mails. It was a nice birthday. My friend brought me a beautiful bouquet ๐!
04/07/2025. My sister helped me to declutter my desk. We made a lot of progress! She and my brother-in-law left for their get-away in Pacific Grove. The husband and I returned to “Leather-Leather” to look at more fabrics for the sofa. We selected one.
 |
| Sofa fabric |
04/06/2025. My sister and I shopped at “Leather-leather” to pick out a sofa bed. We brought several samples home for the husband to review and to see them in the space.
My sister helped me to declutter my desk. In the evening we had a fabulous dinner at Chef Chu’s ๐ฅก๐ฅข๐ฅ ! My brother-in-law was impressed because when we arrived we were told there was a 30 minute wait. Larry Chu saw me and seated us immediately in a booth!
04/05/2025. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ and got ready for my sister ๐ฉ๐ป and brother-in-law’s visit. We decided to celebrate my birthday dinner on Sunday evening . We just rested today. We also called my friend and sand “Happy birthday” to her!
 | | Rosemary with lots of ๐ |
|
 | | Clivia flower |
 | | Apple tree blossoms |
|
|
| |
04/04/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I continued to work on both iPhones and finally got them both configured properly. Some of it was operator error and not knowing my way around the new iPhone I washed the new sheets, and watered the phalaenopsis. Four are now in bloom! I also talked to my sister & brother in law. He will have to have eye surgery, unfortunately.
I visited my friend for her birthday and brought her flowers ๐. A friend of ours from many years ago was visiting and we had a great time reminiscing!.
04/03/2025. M husband and I went to the Apple Store today to get our iPhones configured lt took 2 hours. Afterward, we shopped at Costco and were both exhausted ๐ฅฑ. At home, I discovered that I was locked out of my VPN and had a lot of other problems with the new iPhone. I went to bed very frustrated ๐ฉ and unhappy with my purchase. I ordered some iPhone ๐ฑ supplies on Amazon (new plug, etc).
04/02/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I studied the Plus calls and attended Club. I had a very nice time!
Lot of blooming trees and wisteria!
04/01/2025. Happy April Fool’s ๐. I sent out a minor April Fool’s joke to family. I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ and watered all the inside plants. I got ready for the cleaners, they came, and the house looks great! I washed the rags and mop heads.
03/31/2025. I washed two loads of clothes ๐๐ and the husband and I found a series that we like, Goliath.
03/30/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. We had a Zoom meeting with our sister / sister-in+law๐ฉ๐ผ. We had a lot to catch up on.
03/29/2025 The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I shopped at Costco Sunnyvale to pick up the cake for the President’s Dance this evening and also purchased paper plates, cutlery, and napkins. I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ, attended the dance and collected the money. It was a lot of ๐คฉ, and unfortunately was poorly attended. We had only 3 squares (24 people) ๐. It’s a lot of work to put on these dances so that is quite disappointing. I had a great time because I got to talk with folks that I hadn’t seen in a long time!
03/28/2025 I watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.
03/27/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I had the gardeners plant some more amaryllis bulbs for me.
03/26/2025. I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ, and studied the Plus calls. I had “square head” duty at dancing tonight & drove a friend home afterwards.
Dad grew these clivia from seeds!
03/25/2025. I willed myself out of my 2 day funk ๐๐& shopped at both Wal-Mart and TJ’s. I really dislike ๐ shopping at Wal-Mart, but it was necessary and honestly it was just fine! Our new phone arrived and now we have to go through the exchange process.
03/24/2025. I was in a funk ๐ today. We couldn’t walk because of the heat! However, I did make a decision on the iPhone and ordered it!
03/23/2025. I attended the counting of the ballots ๐ณ️ for the Top Ten Callers. One of the directors hosted it at her beautiful home and served us freshly baked coffee cake, cheeses, crackers and nuts. They worked out a. ERY efficient ethod for the counting process and everything is counted twice by a separate team and also verified.
03/22/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. It was abbreviated because I had a hair appointment scheduled. I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ & I saw my wonderful hairdresser ๐๐ป♀️ today. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป. She told me all about the great-niece’s party yesterday and sent pictures. It sounds like it was wonderful! I wish that I had attended!
03/21/2025. Happy 18th birthday to my niece ๐๐๐๐๐ฅณ๐ค! Her family is having a very big party for her tonight! I continued to work on my “to do” list. We still need to figure out what phone to order.
03/20/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.
 |
| Tofu and veggies ๐ |
03/19/2025 The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. (Steps = 5.2K). I studied the Plus calls and attended square dancing. I also drove a friend home afterwards.03/18/2025 I watered all the indoor plants, got ready for the cleaners, and had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ. The house looks great! The husband cooked chili and tofu for dinner ๐!
 |
| Chili and tofu! |
03/17/2025. Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️! I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ. I met with my Dr. Montague for my one week post surgery exam and everything is well. Vision in that eye is now 20-20 ๐๐๐ฅณ! She prepared me for my next surgery. The husband and I shopped at Costco. I watered the phalaenopsis. Their blooms are still beautiful!
03/16/2025. I picked up my eye drops at Safeway and bought some fruit. I like their fruit much better than the fruit at TJ’s.
03/15/2025. I attended the SCVSDA meeting and it moved along fairly well!๐! The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.
 |
| So many trees in bloom! |
03/14/2025. I continued to rest today. The husband played bridge ♠️♥️♣️♦️ with is friends. I sent in my report for the SCVSDA meeting tomorrow.
03/13/2025. The husband and I shopped at TJ’s. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป.
03/12/2025. The husband took me to see Dr. Montague for the cataract surgery follow up. She said everything looks great!
03/11/2025. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ, in preparation for cataract surgery # 1 today. We left at 8:45 am and returned home at 12:30 pm. Except for my anxiety. There really wasn’t pain involved. Through the day, 16 eye drops must be administered from 3 different bottles. Stanford does a great job of providing a detailed chart to use for this.
03/10/2025. I hiked with friends at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 123K). Afterwards we had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s. I watered the phaleonopsis also.
 | | Pond is still full! |
 | | Beautiful wildflower |
|
 | | Drake in the pond |
|
|
| |
03/09/2025. I continued with the eye ๐️ drop regimen and I walked over to our friends house. The husband was playing bridge ♠️♥️♣️♦️. He then took me for a quick walk around the ‘hood.
Magnolia trees still in bloom!
03/08/2025 I put all the eye drops (two different ones, four times a day). The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 6K). I discovered that the squirrels chewed through one of my drip lines and I repaired that. There was a temporary worry about our taxes, that got resolved quickly, thankfully ๐
!
 |
| Hyacinths |
Clematis the smell is delicious!
 | | Carnival |
|
|
|
| |
03/07/2025. I attended my three pre cataract surgery appointments. All went well. At one of the appointments, the person told me that I’m extremely healthy and she hopes she can be healthy like me when she’s my age! Afterwards, I worked on my prescriptions at Safeway. It was a lot of commotion (mostly un-necessary IMHO). I picked them up and shopped.
03/06/2025. The husband took me for a lovely walk around the ‘hood (steps =7K). I watered all the indoor plants and prepared for the cleaners. They came and the house looks great! I also did some business and washed a load of clothes ๐๐งบ.
03/05/2025. I had a nice shower, ๐ฟ๐งผ, studied the Plus calls and attended Club. It was great fun ๐คฉ!
03/04/2025. I watched the Oscars from my recordings.
03/03/2025 I had a great hike ๐ฅพ๐ถ๐ป♀️with my friends at Rancho (steps = 12.9K). It was very cold ๐ฅถ, and we war ed up quickly. Afterwards, I banked ๐ฆ, shopped at the hardware store, the produce market and TJ’s. Happy 18th birthday ๐ฅณ๐๐๐❤️๐ to my great niece. I texted birthday ๐ greetings to her.
 |
| The pond is still full |
03/02/2025. It’s Oscar’s night ๐! I recorded it and watched some of it. I rode my exercise bike for 44 minutes (steps = 5.3K). I turned in my Top Ten Ballots because the VP came to pick them up.
Phalaenopsis in bloom!
03/01/2025. Welcome to March ๐น๐ชป๐ธ๐ท๐ผ! I watered all the indoor plants. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป.
02/28/2025. The husband and I took his car down to Sunnyvale Costco for gas ⛽️ , then shopped at TJ’s. I loaded all our files to the vault to complete our income taxes. I also updated the “Top Ten Callers” list and sent it out. I watered the indoor plants. I called to see if I could get my eye ๐️ surgeries delayed so that I could attend my cousin’s funeral. Unfortunately, the next dates would be in a month and I don’t want to postpone it that long. I ordered my prescriptions through mail order.
02/27/2025. I had a nice walk around the ‘hood with my husband (steps = 4.6K). I worked on taxes and somehow found some data in my financial program was incorrect. I looked through 3 different sources and cleaned it up. I finished ✅ going through all the cc statements and as a result I needed to change a page in our tax organizer. I also completed ✔️ that.
|
 | | Magnolia tree blossoms |
 | | Vegetables and tofu made by the husband |
|
|
|
|
02/26/2025. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ, studied the Plus calls and attended club. I collected some more “Top Ten Callers” votes. Afterwards, I rode my stationary bicycle ๐ฒ.
02/25/2025. I worked on my cc statements for any relevant tax deductions. I watered the phaeleonopsis, had a nice walk around the ‘hood with my husband, rode my exercise bike ๐ฒ , FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป. My back really hurt ๐ข!
02/24/2025. I was really tired today and skipped my Monday hike with our group. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป and was depressed ๐ today, reason unknown.
02/23/2025 The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood and I spent 25 minutes on my exercise bike ๐ฒ. I talked to my cousin who just lost his wife. That is so very sad because she was only 68. I finished scanning in documents ๐ for taxes. The husband made delicious ๐ tofu and vegetarian chili for dinner!
Spring in the ‘hood
02/22/2025. I finished my taxes. I also updated the “Top Ten Callers” lists with the latest ballots and sent it out. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป.
02/21/2025. I worked on my taxes.
02/20/2025. I had lunch with my long time friend. Unfortunately, there was a long wait at Chef Chu’s, so we ate at a pasta place across the street. I found out that my beloved cousin-in-law passed away. She was only 68 ๐ข. She took such good care of my mother, back in the day. She ran over to my Mother’s many, many times when Mom called her. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood.
02/19/2025. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood. I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was fun and I danced well. Afterwards, I drove a friend home.
|
 | | Huge magnolia tree! |
|
02/18/2025 I had a nice shower ๐งผ๐ฟ and watered all the indoor plants. The cleaners came today and the house looks great! I washed the rags and the mop heads.
02/17/2025. I walked with my friends at Rancho (steps =12.7K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป and gave her the tax information.
 | | Lots of newts. Must be mating time! |
|
|
 | | Reservoir is full and spilling through the pipe. Very nice to see! |
| |
02/16/2025. The husband and I shopped at TJ’s. I watered the phaleonopsis. There are four plants in bloom. I worked on my taxes and I’m finished ✅. I’ll do a final check.
02/15/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (steps = 4.4K). We heard from one of our neighbors that her husband had a very serious heart bypass operation. He is recovering ❤️๐ฉน
|
|
|
 | | Magnolia trees in bloom |
|
|
02/14/2025. Happy Valentine’s Day ❤️๐ฅฐ๐๐ป! My husband gave me a lovely card and he liked the one that I gave him ๐๐๐ฅณ! We got Indian food take out at Apna Mandi ๐! I sent out Valentine’s texts to friends and family and had a lovely conversation with my friend from Santa Cruz. I watered the phalaeonopsis.
Lots of houseplants in bloom!
|
|
02/13/2025 The husband and I dropped off 6 5gallon buckets ๐ชฃ of paint left over from out house build in 2005. I watered all the indoor plants & updated the “Top Ten Callers” spreadsheet with the names I gathered and sent it out.
We had a lot of rain ๐ง️๐จ today and we need it!
02/12/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I had a shower ๐งผ๐ฟ, studied the Plus calls and attended Club. It was Alumni night and it was lovely to see some of the alumni, Not as many alumni attended because the weather ⛈️๐จ was pretty fierce! I collected signatures for the “Top Ten Callers”.
|
|
 | | Daffodils in bloom |
|
02/11/2025. I washed clothes and worked on the “Top Ten Callers” list. I decided that I’m not going to sit in front of the TV at night and snack. I’m going to get on my stationary bike ๐ฒ and watch TV there!
02/10/2025. I walked with my friends at Rancho (steps = 13K). Afterwards, we had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s.
 | | Pond is slowly filling! |
|
 | | Lots of Mallards ๐ฆ |
|
02/09/2025 The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood. In the afternoon, we watched the KC Chiefs lose to the Philadelphia Eagles ๐๐ข! They lost by 22 to 40, a very unexpected loss!
02/08/2025. The husband took me for a great walk around the ‘hood. I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป.
02/07/2025. I had a great time geocaching with my geocaching partner and friend. We hunted three geocaches and found them all. Two were VERY tricky!
|
 | | Geocache hidden in bolt! Very tricky! |
|
|
 | | So many goodies! |
|
 | | See the knot in the wooden fence |
 | | Cache hidden in knot of wood fence! |
|
 | | Here I worked the knot out a bit! |
|
|
|
|
02/06/2025. I visited the wonderful Dr. Vaughan ๐จ๐ฝ⚕️today. I wore my sparkly ✨ pants today and he really liked them! All is well with my sinuses. Since I had that operation I’ve had ZERO 0️⃣ migraines and they were extremely dehabilitating. I stopped at Costco for gas ⛽️ and shopped a bit. I talked to my sister ๐ฉ๐ป also. It poured ⛈️☔️ rain today, great because we need it.
02/05/2025. I picked up my hemmed pants ๐ from the cleaners. I studied the Plus calls and attended club. It was not very much fun because I spent most of my time collecting signatures for the Top Ten ๐ callers voting ๐ณ️. I took my friend home. I also watered the phalaeonopsis.
02/04/2025. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ and watered all the indoor plants. Our wonderful cleaners came today and the house looks great. It was absolutely pouring rain ๐ง️ with very high wind ๐จ gusts. The rain is much needed. For some reason, my stomach hurt today. I also FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป.
02/03/2025. I worked on our taxes and I’m almost done ✅!
02/02/2025. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ and visited my wonderful hairdresser ๐๐ป♀️. Afterwards I shopped at both TJ’s and Safeway.
 |
| Adorable doggy at hairdresser’s. He got lots of attention and pets. |
Happy birthday ๐๐๐ฅณ๐๐ ๐ to my sister-in-law๐ฉ๐ผ. We had a nice telephone meeting with her. She seems to have had a lovely bitrthday, with multiple celebrations with family and friends!
02/01/2025. The husband and I walked around the ‘hood today in between raindrops ☔️. I’m quite advanced in my taxes now.
01/31/2025. Someone came over to pick up the cat food we advertised on “Trash Nothing”.
01/30/2025. Our cousin was able to fly home today and is very happy to be there! They’ve just adopted an adorable retriever ๐. I took my pants ๐ to a cleaners to be hemmed. I posted a few more “Trash Nothing” items. We were very lucky ๐: one of our smoke ๐จ detectors started beeping and it was in the middle of the day, instead of the middle of the night! We replaced the battery ๐.
01/29/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk and we deposited a check ๐ฆ. I FT!d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป and we decided how much money to split. My lab tests all came out fine, cholesterol, etc. all good ๐!
01/28/2025. I had my lab ๐ฅผ tests ๐ฉธafter fasting. The breath test involved drinking this HORRIBLE tasting liquid. I also helped a gentleman in the parking lot of the medical center ๐ฅ, whose car battery ๐ชซ was dead. Once I figured out how to pop open the hood ๐คช, it was very easy to give his car a jump.
Afterwards, the husband and I shopped at Costco and bought a LOT of groceries!
01/27/2025. I watered the phaleonopsis .The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I continued with my taxes and FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป. I also started my fasting for tomorrow’s blood ๐ฉธ draws.
Our cousin, on a trip to Texas, is having emergency gall bladder surgery tomorrow. She’s in excruciating pain.
01/26/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. We watched the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Buffalo Bills ๐. They are now headed to the Super Bowl to try to win 3 in a row (called a 3-peat, never before done in the NFL). The opposing quarterback (who lost) is from a small town, very near my hometown,
01/25/2025. The person did pick up the “trash nothing” items.
01/24/2025. We put all then”Trash Nothing” items outside, but the person who wanted them has not yet picked them up. We also prepared the dandelion “kill” concoction with the extra strength vinegar I purchased. We are going to test it for a day or two to see if it’s effective. The husband also took me for a brief walk around the ‘hood.
01/23/2025. The husband and I went to San Carlos to pick up some mail at UPS. We also stopped at the downtown post office ๐ค so I could mail a package certified mail, return receipt ๐งพ requested. It was a fun little excursion. Afterwards we stopped at TJ’s and they had a HUGE supply of their high fiber cereal ๐ฅฃ. We bought 12 boxes, I also ran into a lovely friend and his wife there and we had a nice chat.
01/22/2025. The husband took me for a lovely walk around the ‘hood (steps with dancing = 6.7K). I ordered a present for my sister-in-law ๐ฉ๐ผ. I studied the Plus calls and gathered my supplies and paperwork for the “Top Ten” SCVSDA voting ๐ณ️. I attended club and because of a special event there were 109 people there! I also collected some votes and drove my friend home afterwards.
01/21/2025. I watered all the indoor plants and had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ. The cleaning folks came and the house looks great. I washed all the cleaning rags and mop heads.
01/20/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. I worked on the financials and prepared my mailing for my tax error reversal request.
01/19/2025. My friends from square dancing visited and we enjoyed seeing them. I washed clothes.
01/18/2025. My husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood. We watched the Kansas City Chiefs win their game in KC ๐ ๐ฅณ๐๐! I watered the indoor plants.
01/17/2025. My friend and I geocached in Palo Alto. We found 4 out of 4 geocaches ๐๐ฅณ๐!
 | | Geocache # 1 |
 | | Geocache # 3 |
|
 | | Geocache # 2 |
 | | Geocache # 4 |
|
01/16/2025. I woke up from a bad dream ๐ญ that my husband was in love with a woman from Nairobi. I was very sad ๐ข.
The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood. I saw my wonderful dentist ๐ฆท ๐ชฅ today and got a clean bill of health! Afterwards, I did some banking and whitened my teeth ๐ฆท at home. They look great. I also did a few actions for the new square dancer’s beginning class.
01/15/2025. The husband and I shopped at Costco. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ, studied the Plus calls and attended club. I had a great time. I was very worried that I would not dance well since I hadn’t danced on 2 months. I did just fine ๐๐ฅณ๐!
01/14/2025. The husband woke me up this morning announcing that one of our cats ๐ฑ is missing. We searched inside and outside for over an hour. Then she casually came strolling in ๐คช! We have NO idea where she was hiding because we thought we looked EVERYWHERE!.
I went to PAMF for several tests ordered after my emergency at Stanford. Unfortunately, one test requires fasting, the other not using antacids for 2 weeks. I also did some banking and watered the phalaeonopsis.
I FT’d with my sister ๐ฉ๐ป. She and my brother-in-law didn’t have a great day, but the fires ๐ฅ in L.A. bring everything else that we might be going through into perspective.
01/13/2025. Our alarm repair people came today to update the alarm. I will be able to get rid of one of our phones, but not both of them ๐ข,
01/12/2025. The husband took me for a great walk in the hills (steps = 6.6K). I washed clothes, and treated the fountains ⛲️. The fires ๐ฅ in L.A. are continuing, with 12,300 structures destroyed and at least 16 people killed ๐ข๐ข๐ข. This is such an unimaginable tragedy. Entire blocks of homes have been deducted to rubble.
 | | Happy Chinese New Year ๐งง |
|
 | | Air fried vegetables ๐ |
|
01/11/2025. I attended a SCVSDA meeting (5 hours). I was quite exhausted by the end of it.
01/10/2025. The husband and I shopped at TJ's today. I had a nice shower ๐ฟ๐งผ and saw my wonderful hairdresser ๐๐ป♀️. We are following the horrific fires in LA. The projections are that the damage is now 150 billion, at least10 lost lives, and over 5,000 structures destroyed.
I wrote and submitted my report for the SCVSDA.
 |
| Potatoes and tofu. Husband is chef ๐จ๐ป๐ณ |
01/09/2025. Our wonderful handyman ๐จ๐ป๐ง came over to repair the fence. He did a great job. I found some checks that I had been missing, because they sent them in a brown manilla envelope instead of their usual envelope. I also filed some things. We got ready for the cleaners, they came, and the house looks great. I washed the mop heads and cleaning rags. I also called VSP to get my insurance cancelled and after an hour on the phone, I was unsuccessful. Apparently, I siged up for a 1 year non-cancellable plan. Now that I am having cataract surgery, glasses will not be needed so I will not be using my plan.
01/08/2025. I updated the financials and replied to all the folks who replied to our holiday greetings. The husband took me for a quick walk around the 'hood. I also posted 62 CD cases on "Trash Nothing" but so far, no takers.
01/07/2025. Our wonderful handyman ๐จ๐ป๐ง came over today, He repaired and painted the drywall that I wrecked from the thermos explosion ๐ฅ, changed a light ๐ก bulb that required a ladder ๐ช, installed a new motion detector on our back shed, added a seal to our front door, and a clear silicone seal between the countertop and tile in the kitchen. The ceiling looks really good. Although the paint doesn’t match perfectly, it is very difficult to see the difference in colors from the ground since the ceilings are vaulted and high (remember the movie "Don't Look Up" ๐คฃ).
 | | Before |
|
 | | After |
|
I found this great site, “Trash Nothing” and already have given away two items ๐๐ฅณ๐! The husband is very happy about that!
01/06/2025. I I had my appointment today with a thyroid specialist. She said that the thyroid findings on my MRI are normal for my age and my thyroid hormone levels are like that of a 30 year old, I also had my SMM blood ๐ฉธ draws. So far, the SMM is unchanged, great news! The husband took me for a walk after my appointment.
01/05/2025. The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood. I watered the phalaenopsis. Four of the plants have bloom spikes!
01/04/2025. Our handyman ๐จ๐ป๐ง came over today and I've scheduled him for next Tuesday. I also talked to my cousin whose house was flooded by an overflowing hot water heater. Fortunately, she has renter's insurance so was able to temporarily relocate to another condo. I FT'd with my sister.
01/03/2025. The husband and I shopped at TJ's. I was moving around my headboard and a breakable object fell off. I will attempt to glue it back together.
01/02/2025. The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood and we found a very nice shelving unit for my bedroom. The husband washed the kitchen window and screen, still dirty from the thermos explosion ๐ฅ. I watered the indoor plants. I contacted one handyman ๐จ๐ป๐ง and and haven’t heard back, and updated the financials.
 |
Toy Tesla truck driven by family, very cute!
01/01/2025. Happy New Year ๐ 2025! I had a nice shower ๐ฟ ๐งผ. The husband and I had lunch with our cousins, and she is a gourmet cook ๐ฉ๐ป๐ณ. She served potato latkes, salad, key lime cheesecake, and cookies. They have a wonderful, purebred, Maine Coon cat, and the cat is very mellow and friendly, They also have a beautiful garden full of 7 different kinds of citrus ๐ ๐๐๐ฉtrees, blueberries ๐ซ . strawberries ๐ , herbs, and greens. We had a delightful time. Afterwards, we had a nice walk around the ‘hood. |
 | | Potato latkes |
 | | Key lime cheesecake |
|
 | | Spinach with delicious dressing |
 | | Cookies they decorated |
|
 | | Beautiful friendly purebred Maine Coon |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment