Tuesday, April 22, 2025

04-01-2025-06-30-2025

 NOTE TO READERS:  SCROLL DOWN, ENTRIES ARE NEWEST TO OLDEST!

06/30/2025.  I had a great hike with my friends at Rancho.  I shopped at TJ’s and had a FT call with my niece and great niece to discuss the funding I set aside for her for college.   I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.  The husband and I moved some recliners around.   It took is a while to figure out how to detach the back.
06/29/2025.  We had a “Zoom” call with my sister-in-law 👩🏼.  I had a nice shower 🧼😋, and saw my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻‍♀️.   I washed two loads of laundry and watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.   I also FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 .
06/28/2025.  The husband took me for a brief walk around the ‘hood.   I walked a little father than he did.  I also rode my stationary bike 🚲.
06/27/2025.  The husband and I shopped at Costco.





Hollyhocks in our garden





06/26/2025.   We took Pebbles in to the vet.  That was quite an ordeal because there was a mistake about the appointment  The husband was VERY 😠 ! They could’t find an appointment for her at all, but we got it sorted.   She came home with a plastic cone and more meds.  I shopped at TJ’s.
06/25/2025.  I had a nice hike in Santa Cruz with my brother-in-law.   I packed up and drove home.  It was great to see my husband and the kitties.
Various pictures of Santa Cruz trip







Home made croutons

Home made sour dough bread











Cormorant birds

Madrone tree














06/24/2025. In Santa Cruz!
06/23/2025.  In Santa Cruz!
06/22/2025.  In Santa Cruz!
06/21/2025.  
06/20/2025.  
06/19/2025.  
06/18/2025.  
06/17/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood, also a 3 dog walk!   I checked on my tomato plants and they are doing well.  We watched another episode of “The Unit”.


06/16/2025.   I was very tired and skipped the walk with the group today.   I checked on the tomato 🍅 plants and did some gardening. 👩🏼‍🌾.   I sent out the big e-mail blast for the SCVSDA.
06/15/2025.  Happy Father’s Day!    I really missed my Dad today and created and posted a nice collage of photos with him. I shopped at TJ’s also.
I planted all the 16 tomato 🍅 plants and did some other gardening 👩🏻‍🌾.  I also talked to my sister 👩🏻 and my family.   They were having dinner at my niece’s house.
The husband’s bridge friends invited me over for supper.  I stopped off at Chef Chu’s to pick it up.   We had a wonderful time.   She made this out of the world banana pudding and I had two helpings of it 😋!










06/14/2025.  I worked on the SCVSDA project verifying all the e- mail addresses.  I washed 2 loads of clothes.
06/13/2025.  The husband and I went to a bicycle donation place “Bike-X” to drop off his bike and accessories for donation.   It was a very interesting operation.  They take in old bikes 🚲, the volunteers fix them up and then they are sold or donated.
We had a nice walk around the ‘hood.  I continued to work on the SCVSDA Jubilee project.  



Gorgeous blue color

Interesting seed pods 



06/12/2025.  The husband and I visited a dermatologist to examine a bump on his face.   It was nothing and he had it “frozen” off.   I began work on the SCVSDA Jubilee project.
06/11/2025.  I studied the Plus calls then realized that I had lost something.   I didn’t attend club, looked everywhere and finally found it.   It FT’s with my sister 👩🏻.
06/10/2025.  I watered all the indoor plants, had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and got ready for the cleaners. They came and the house looks great.   The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood and I washed the mop heads and cleaning cloths.



Hydrangea in the garden 


Schlumbergera (Christmas cactus)




06/09/2025.   I had a lovely hike with our group at Rancho (steps = 12.4K).   I banked 🏦 and shopped at TJ’s.


First time we’ve seen baby turkeys


There’s still water in the pond



06/08/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻‍♀️.  I met a woman in there who returned to college in her 80’s and got her degree 📜 !    Very inspirational!  I shopped at TJ’s and FT’d with my sister.👩🏻.
06/07/2025.  I attended the SCVSDA  meeting 📅 and afterwards, the husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   We found two nice neighbors with whom we chatted.  In the evening, a few things in our house decided not to work:  the solar monitor, one of the alarm zones, and the water 💦 monitor.   I decided not to fix it until the next morning and surprise everything worked again!


06/06/2025.  I installed the new Comcast gateway and returned the old one.   I did returns at Wal-mart & also shopped there. I watered the inside plants and the phaleonopsis.  I prepared the report for the SCVSDA meeting tomorrow.   I received the bid for the replacement of the clay pipe at Pelton.    There’s more clay pipe that goes out to the street which I’m not going to replace at this time.  I called Stanford and rescheduled the PET scan.
06/05/2025.   We had a lovely lunch with friends at Dinah’s poolside cafe.   Unfortunately, I forgot my PET scan appointment so I called to let them know and made another appointment.   The husband took me for a short walk around the ‘hood and I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.
06/04/2025.  Our wonderful plumber 🧑🏻‍🔧 came and installed the new kitchen faucet.   The old one had seen 19 years of service 🤩, with a few repairs through the years.   I ordered some additional things at Wal-Mart and picked them up.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, studied the Plus calls and attended club.   I had a nice time.
06/03/2025.  Our wonderful tree arborists arrived to do a LOT of tree trimming throughout our yard. Six people worked for 5 hours!  I gave the company owner lots of scented geranium cuttings.
The husband and I walked around the ‘hood and shopped at Costco.   I also paid a plumbing 🪠 bill for Pelton.   My heavy duty clear packing tape arrived from Amazon.







06/02/2025.  I had a wonderful hike with our group at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12.1K)  and had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s.   I shopped at TJ’s.





Mama and baby goat



06/01/2025.   We had a “zoom” call with our sister /sister-in-law 👩.  It was great to talk to her as it had been a very long time since we spoke. We were able to tour a newly constructed house in our neighborhood.   It is absolutely exquisite and very well engineered.  It is highly automated, beautiful, and thoughtfully designed.  It has been under construction for over four years. 
We shopped at Trader Joes’s and Wal-Mart.   The husband and I had a nice walk around the ‘hood.  


05/31/2025.  I rested today.
05/30/2025.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood.   It was very hot today and we are grateful for our air conditioning!
05/29/2025. We had a lovely lunch with our advisor at Chef Chu’s and then had a business meeting at our house.   We gave him a tour of the yard, which he loved.
05/28/2025.   I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.   I was too tired 🥱 to attend club tonight.  I checked in on our medical plan costs and got ready for our financial review tomorrow.  I called Stanford, still needing to find an appointment for my DEXA scan.
05/27/2025.   I packed and drove home with my friend.   We arrived early, about 1:00 pm with very little traffic.   The house cleaners came and the house looks great.   I washed the rags and the mop heads.  Cassie let me pet her too!
05/26/2025.   I walked with my brother-in-law and continued up the hill overlooking Folsom Dam.  Later, we walked with my niece (steps = 14.6K).   I had a lovely day!






 New dishwasher installed


05/25/2025.  My sister and brother-in-law and I drove to the Town Center to shop at the farmer’s market.   We had a delicious frozen yogurt there.  In the evening I took myself for a nice walk (steps = 6.7K).


Doggies at the Farmer’s Market 



Great blue heron

Mother Canadian goose with gosling on her back


Frozen yogurt with lots of toppings &whipped cream 😋








05/24/2025.   I attended my great niece’s high school graduation 👩🏼‍🎓 celebration, along with 70 other people (yes, really).  My niece prepared most of the brunch food and it was a wonderful spread:  fruit salad, bagels, muffins, a variety of mini egg frittatas, scones, sausages, and drinks.   It was fun for me to meet many of the friends of both my niece and great niece.  
05/23/2025.   I hiked with my brother-in-law (steps = 7.6K) and attended my great niece’s high school graduation 👩🏼‍🎓.   We arrived at 4:15 for the ceremony which began at 7:00 pm.   The ceremony was very well run, but it was a long evening because we arrived so early!
05/22/2025.  I packed 🧳 and had a nice shower 🧼🚿.   My friend picked me up and we had an easy ride over to my sister’s 👩🏻.   I unpacked and then she and I shopped at Costco.   They were having a sale on sunglasses 🕶️ so I bought a very nice pair.  She helped me to select them.   She had a lot of shopping to do for her fruit salad for the graduation 👩‍🎓 party.
05/21/2025. I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.   I washed down the fountains ⛲️ and filled them up.  I began my packing.
05/20/2025.   I washed clothes.   The husband and I wrestled with the cover to protect our cherry 🍒 tree.   We called in reinforcements (our neighbor) and got it done.   My friend from square dancing came over to pick up a board.   I gave her some Hoya cuttings and showed her the scented geraniums that she gave me.   She was astounded 😮 at how much they grew!
05/19/2025.   I hiked with my friends at Rancho (steps = 12.2K).   All five of us hikers were there!   We had coffee at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s.   In the afternoon I visited our friends where the husband was playing bridge ♥️♦️♠️♣️.   I watered the phaleonopsis.




  Mallards 🦆 



05/18/2025.   The husband and I repaired the drip 💧 system.   It was VERY HOT 🥵 and I got dehydrated .
05/17/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and visited my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻‍♀️.
05/16/2025.   It turns out that I have more clay pipe connecting the sewer line at Pelton.   There was another major root intrusion and I got that repaired.   The husband and I inspected our drip system and found some lines to be broken underground.   I hope to repair 👩🏻‍🔧 that tomorrow.  I also cancelled the previous dishwasher order and purchased a new one, more highly rated.   It will arrive on May 22.  The husband took me to Ace Hardware so I could return some washer rings that I purchased.  I also bought 16 sweet 100 tomato 🍅 plants.
05/15/2025.   I got up early to bring the husband to get his car serviced.  Delightfully, one of the owner’s dogs 🐶, Xander, jumped into the car with me,   His pet parent had to drag him out of the front seat by his collar😂!  
I also saw my optometrist to get the measurements for my glasses. 
The husband and I walked around the ‘hood, we petted 4 dogs 🐶, and had nice chats with a few different neighbors.  Three of the dogs were large boxers and one of them was having a birthday.  I sang happy  birthday to him!










05/14/2025.  I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   It was fun 🤩,   I also drove one of my dancing buddies home.
05/13/2025.   We got ready for the cleaners.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and watered the indoor plants.  The house looks great.   My husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood and we petted 5 dogs 🐶!  He also cooked a delicious 😋 meal: spicy cauliflower and tofu.  I rode my stationary bike to get my steps up to 7K.   I washed the cleaning supplies. 


05/12/2025.   I got up early to hike 🥾 with my group & it was raining 🌧️!   I went back to sleep.  The husband and I shopped at TJ’s and Safeway.   I sprayed the orange and cherry trees with water,   They are infested with white flies!
05/11/2025.   Happy Mother’s Day 💐!   I miss my Mother today.   I made a nice collage remembering her and posted it on Facebook.  The husband helped me clean off my desk,  The husband took me for a hike around the ‘hood.   I watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.  
05/10/2025.   Happy 28th anniversary to us!  We read our cards and the husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.    I also posted our wedding picture in FB with a note that it was our 28th wedding 💒 anniversary and a lot of people wished us Happy Anniversary!



Kangaroo paws

Pineapple guava blossoms 

Chili with tofu 😋










05/09/2025.   The husband and I got gas ⛽️ for his car at Costco Sunnyvale and then we shopped at the Sunnyvale warehouse.   It’s always surprising how different the warehouses are and the shoppers!
05/08/2025.  My sister 👩🏻  woke me up early to tell me that we have a new Pope.   A hour later, his name was announced and shockingly, it is a person born and raised in Chicago, USA 🇺🇸.    He was certainly not one of the front runners and it appears that he will be a wonderful pope ⛪️!  He is Robert Francis Prevos and has taken the name of Leo XIV.   
I had the gardeners remove the vinca major from the far back of the yard.   I removed some previously and my back gave out 🤕.
The husband took me for two walks today (steps = 7K).   

Roses from my wedding bouquet. I transplanted this bush before we tore the house down and this year it bloomed profusely.







05/07/2025. I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, studied the Plus calls and attended Club.  This was my first time back dancng since my 2nd cataract surgery and I did fine.
05/06/2025.   The husband took me for a short walk today.   The owner from Leather-leather visited today and the sofa bed is operating smoothly.  It’s a puzzle as to why it wasn’t operating smoothly on Sunday.
A lot of roses in the ‘hood are in bloom 


05/05/2025.   Happy Cinco de Mayo 🇲🇽!  I hiked with friends today at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 12K).   We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and then I did some banking 💸.  


The pond is slowly losing water




The husband’s latest 1,000 piece puzzle


Cat in puzzle box




05/04/2025.   May the Fourth be with you 🪄. Our sofa bed arrived today.  Unfortunately, it is not working smoothly.   We will have the rep examine it.  I sent out an invitation to our family that they could now book their private room with en-suite and balcony!
 I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.  I rode my stationary bike 🚲 for 30 minutes.








05/03/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿and visited my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻‍♀️.   I shopped at both T.J.’s and Safeway.   I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻; she wasn’t feeling too well, but she cheered up by the end of our call.  I helped her fix her email.
05/02/2025.   I worked in the backyard.   I used a hacksaw to saw off a hose nozzle that had bonded to the hose end and I weeded.    There's still lots of weeding to do.
05/01/2025.  I visited Filoli gardens with two friends.   We had a wonderf.ul time! Filoli stands for "Fight for a just cause, love your fellow man, live a good life". The name is derived from the first two letters of key words in the personal credo of its original owner, William Bowers Bourn II. The mansion is 54.3K square feet, with 56 rooms, 17 fireplaces, 15 bathrooms, 14 staff bedrooms, & 10 main bedrooms.  There are 16 acres of formal gardens, part of a 654 acre estate.  It was donated to the public.


Wisteria was very old and the trunk was huge!

Many roses in bloom


Lilacs








Lilies in one of the ponds 


Huge crystal chandeliers


We took pictures of the doggies and then got stickers.  We gave these to some little girls we found in the parking lot.   They loved them!


Incredible vases, all filled with fresh cut flowers from the gardens










04/30/2025.   There were some interesting  blue birds in our fountain ⛲️.







04/29/2025.     I watered the plants. I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and got ready 
for the housecleaners. They came and the house looks great.  Due to my eye surgery, it has been 4 weeks so the house really needed cleaning 🧹🫧!   I also washed all the cleaning rags and mop heads.   The husband and I watched the last episode of “Reacher”.   There was a VERY high body count in that series!
04/28/2025.   I had a great hike xwith my hiking group at Rancho.  We saw some folks taking pictures of a great horned owl 🦉 Mama and her babies.   There is still water in the dam.   (Steps = 12.3K).  Afterwards, we had coffee at Peet’s.  I shopped at TJ’s.   Our friend from Austria 🇦🇹 visited and we had a lovely visit. I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.  I also washed clothes.




Baby!

Mallards resting on the island

Lots of poppy’s in bloom


Mom!

Baby!


Lots of baby goats 🐐!


04/27/2025.   I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.  I filled up our fountains ⛲️ and weeded in the far back.   There’s a lot more left to do!
I also updated SD-Bay area with several dances.
Roses from one of my wedding bouquets!







04/26/2025.   
04/25/2025.    The husband and I shopped at Costco and later I shopped at Safeway.  I like their fruit much better than the ones at TJ’s.
04/24/2025.   The husband took me to Stanford so I could have a blood draw 🩸 in advance of next week’s appointment with the blood disease specialist.   Afterwards, we had a nice walk around the ‘hood.  We petted 4 dogs 🐕 today during our walk!

04/23/2025.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.


04/22/2025.   I called Santa Rosa Junior College and sent a message to the Sargent to ask for help with the parking ticket 🎫 fine that I don’t owe.   I made an Angel for my cataract doctor 👩🏻‍⚕️ who I will see tomorrow.  I had not made these in a VERY long time and it took me a while to create it.
 I also backed up my latest blog.


04/21/2025.   We had a lovely lunch with friends in downtown Redwood City.  One of our friend is from Europe and we only get to visit with him once per year.  He is in wonderful shape!  We had a lot of fun walking around the downtown too.
I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 .  We talked about our beloved Pope Francis and how sad we are that he passed 😢.
White bearded dragon, very friendly.   Of course, I petted it!


04/20/2025.  Happy Easter 🐣🐰💐!   I send out text greetings to many relatives and friends.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.  We also shopped at TJ’s.  I FT’d my sister 👩🏻.   She fixed a lovely brunch for my niece and her family.
I also just learned that beloved Pope Francis has passed away 😢.   He was a great man!
04/19/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   I got notified that the DMV just charged me $81 for a parking fine at Santa Rosa Junior College, a place that I’ve never been!   Sigh 😔!   I can only imaging what it will take to recover that money!💸   I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻 too!
I watered all the indoor plants and the phalaenopsis.
04/18/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood, we dropped off some recycling ♻️ (and got paid $14😃), and I FT’d with my sister 👩🏻.   On our walk, we talked to a neighbor and gave her some scented geranium cuttings.  We also gave her a tour of our yard.







04/17/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood, my first walk since surgery.  I also FT’d with my sister 👩🏻!
Wild rose from our garden!


04/16/2025.  The husband took me in to see my eye 👁️ surgeon 👩🏻‍⚕️.  She says everything is looking great, so far!  I also filled our some business forms and sent them in.
04/15/2025.   Happy Tax Day💸!   I checked to make sure the payments I set up went through, and they had.  This is also the day of eye surgery # 2.  I got up early and had a nice shower 🧼🚿.   The husband took me in and all is well, so far.  My sister and several others texted to check up on me!  The husband is installing a barrier on our mostly open fence.  I had it fixed, but the neighbors are afraid that their children’s dogs 🐶 will get through.
04/14/2025.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood where we met and got to pet at least 3 doggies 🦮.  I washed clothes.  Of course I had to fast after midnight 🕛, but it wasn’t too bad.





Azalea originally gifted to me by me sister





04/13/2025.   The husband and I worked on decluttering again.
04/12/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser 💇🏻‍♀️.  Afterwards, I shopped at TJ’s.    Then I picked up my eye prescriptions at Safeway.
04/11/2025.  The husband and I worked on decluttering my desk.  I also got one of my passwords reset (30 minute wait on phone).  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood,   I watered the outside plants, the inside plants and the phalaenopsis orchids. 
04/10/2025.  I brought my friend to a clinic so she could get x-rays 🩻.   I had my appointment with the gastroenterologist and she has scheduled me for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy.   Both will be done at the same time.   I FT’d my sister 👩🏻 also.
04/09/2025.  My long time friend called me to wish me Happy Birthday and we had a nice conversation.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, studied the Plus calls and attended Club.  I had a great time!   I drove a friend home afterwards.
04/08/2025.   Happy birthday to me 🎉🎈🎊💐🥳🎂!  The husband took me for a walk, I opened all my birthday cards and received lots of texts and e-mails.   It was a nice birthday.  My friend brought me a beautiful bouquet 💐!


04/07/2025.   My sister helped me to declutter my desk.   We made a lot of progress!  She and my brother-in-law left for their get-away in Pacific Grove.  The husband and I returned to “Leather-Leather” to look at more fabrics for the sofa.   We selected one.
Sofa fabric 


04/06/2025.  My sister and I shopped at “Leather-leather” to pick out a sofa bed.  We brought several samples home for the husband to review and to see them in the space.  
My sister helped me to declutter my desk. In the evening we had a fabulous dinner at Chef Chu’s 🥡🥢🥠!   My brother-in-law was impressed because when we arrived we were told there was a 30 minute wait.   Larry Chu saw me and seated us immediately in a booth!
04/05/2025.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and got ready for my sister 👩🏻 and brother-in-law’s visit.  We decided to celebrate my birthday dinner on Sunday evening .  We just rested today.  We also called my friend and sand “Happy birthday” to her!


Rosemary with lots of 🐝 







Clivia flower


Apple tree blossoms



04/04/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.  I continued to work on both iPhones and finally got them both configured properly.  Some of it was operator error and not knowing my way around the new iPhone   I washed the new sheets, and watered the phalaenopsis. Four are now in bloom!  I also talked to my sister & brother in law.  He will have to have eye surgery, unfortunately.
I visited my friend for her birthday and brought her flowers 💐.   A friend of ours from many years ago was visiting and we had a great time reminiscing!. 








04/03/2025.  M husband and I went to the Apple Store today to get our iPhones configured  lt took 2 hours.  Afterward, we shopped at Costco and were both exhausted 🥱.   At home, I discovered that I was locked out of my VPN and had a lot of other problems with the new iPhone.  I went to bed very frustrated 😩 and unhappy with my purchase.   I ordered some iPhone 📱 supplies on Amazon (new plug, etc).
04/02/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.  I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   I had a very nice time!
Lot of blooming trees and wisteria!











04/01/2025.  Happy April Fool’s 🃏.  I sent out a minor April Fool’s joke to family.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and watered all the inside plants.  I got ready for the cleaners, they came, and the house looks great!  I washed the rags and mop heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment