Wednesday, October 1, 2025

10-01-2025 - 12-31-2025

   NOTE  TO READERS:  SCROLL DOWN, ENTRIES ARE NEWEST TO OLDEST!  







01/11/2026.   
01/10/2026.     
01/09/2026.   
01/08/2026.   It was very, very cold πŸ₯Ά today.   The hot water stopped working 😟.   I believe the gas went out, and we attempted to light the pilot light,   However, I didn’t want to take a chance on an explosive accident, so I contacted our plumber πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍πŸ”§.   I packed away all the Christmas πŸŽ„ decor and accompanied the husband to the bike 🚲 shop.   He had his used  “step-through” bike tuned up.  When we were there, the proprietor made some adjustments to better accommodate the husband, and it will be a fine bike for him.  I watered all the indoor plants also.
01/07/2026.   We packed up the Christmas πŸŽ„ tree and rolled it back out to the garage.   I took down the rest of the ornaments in the house.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and studied the Plus calls.   I attended club and it was fun 🀩!
Mushrooms in our yard







01/06/2026.  O.G. Landscaping removed the tree limbs from Pelton, sent me pictures and a video, and I paid them.   I worked on the financials and discovered 3 missing checks 😣!   I did a deep dive of my desk and several other places and found them πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽŠ!   They had arrived in an unusual envelope ✉️ and that’s probably why I didn’t spot them initially.   I deposited them.
01/05/2026.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ»;  the great niece πŸ‘©πŸΌ arrived safely at college today.   She got all “A’s” for her first semester πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!   My sister continues to plan for my big birthday party πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³ in April.
The husband and I drove to Campbell to look at a “step through” bike 🚲 for him.   He liked it and we purchased it from a private party.   He took me to Whole Foods so I could do my Amazon return and both of us got some take out.  It rained heavily again today and there were two tornado πŸŒͺ️ warnings issued.   Fortunately, the tornados πŸŒͺ️ didn’t materialize.
I created a “Yelp” project to have the tree limbs removed and I selected the vendor, O.G. Landscaping.
01/04/2026.    I had a nice shower 🚿🧼, and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ today.   I also shopped at Safeway.   It rained heavily all day ⛈️, and that is great to get us out of a drought!




Very hard 1,000 piece puzzle 🧩 finished by the husband!


01/03/2026.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood today (4 dog walk).   I labelled some of the Christmas ornaments I received this year with the date and the name of the person who gave them.
We watched the 49ers lose 🏈.   It was very sad 😒 , but they were outplayed by the Seattle Seahawks.  The 49ers defense didn’t show up at all, and they certainly didn’t protect the quarterback.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and she is doing VERY well following her surgery!  Our new kitchen floor mat arrived and we both like it.
01/02/2026.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood and we talked to several of our neighbors.   We petted seven dogs πŸ•!  I watered the phaleonopsis.
01/01/2026.   Happy New Year’s 2026.   I sent text greetings to my usual group of family and friends.   My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» is doing well.
12/31/2025.   We celebrated New Year’s Eve by having dinner with friends at a restaurant in downtown Palo Alto, Osterio Toscano.  The food was delicious πŸ˜‹.   Afterwards we went to our friend’s home, but she got VERY sick 🀒.  My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» is sore, but recovering OK!
12/30/2025.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» who is having surgery πŸ₯ tomorrow.  I watered the indoor plants, had a nice shower and got ready for our cleaners.  The house looks great.  I washed all the rags and mop heads.  The husband played bridge ♥️♣️♦️♠️ today and I walked him over.   I configured the new gadget that allows us to play dvd’s and videos on our TV πŸ“Ί.   The husband and I watched “Hijack”, a great series.
Lots of mushrooms everywhere 


12/29/2025.   I had a lovely hike πŸ₯Ύ with a friend at Rancho San Antonio (steps = 11.6K).   I had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and unfortunately spilled half of it on my friend.   It was mostly clear tea and didn’t appear to leave a stain.   I shopped at TJ’s and the husband shopped at Costco, so we are all set!
Pond is still empty!


12/28/2025.   I had a nice walk with my husband.   He didn’t want to go far so I veered off.  I met our neighbor and his dog Hudson and walked with them for quite a while.   The stream that we crossed is still empty.   I was hoping that with all this rain it would have been flowing.   I unpacked and washed clothes.  I also took picture of all my gifts and sent out thank you texts.


Great presents 🎁!

Frank in his Christmas outfit


The husband got a LOT of puzzles 🧩 


12/27/2025. The husband and I took a short walk around the ‘hood.   We petted 7 dogs 🐢 🀩, an excellent walk!   We watched the 49ers 🏈 play the Chicago Bears.    The game was a real nail-bitter with each team leapfrogging each other and never more than one touchdown ahead.   The 49ers won πŸ†, really by a stroke of luck!
12/26/2025.   We packed. Got gas ⛽️ at Costco, I did a quick shop at White House /Black Market and drove home.   It only took us 2 1/2 hours to get home and no rain!   I walked around the property to see if there was any storm damage and there was not πŸŽ‰!    We unpacked and I rested.   We watched the season finale of Pluribus, and I installed the 150 light, multi function strand on the tree πŸŽ„!   The lights look nice.


Random pretty flower


Big clump of mushrooms!



12/25/2025. Merry Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸΌπŸŽ!   I drove the husband over to the niece’s house so he could work on their 1,000 piece puzzle and then went back to the hotel to have a shower and get ready.   I sent our text messages to friends and family.   The niece served a wonderful breakfast πŸ₯ž!   Later we returned to the hotel 🏨 and rested.   Back at the niece’s house, she served a wonderful dinner, having  cooked all day.   Her dear friends joined us for dinner also.   Afterwards, the husband and I opened our presents 🎁 and we got a lot of wonderful gifts!
12/24/2025.   
12/23/2025.  I got up early watered the indoor plants, had a nice shower 🚿🧼, and packed.   It took us 3 1 /2 hours to get there.  After we checked into the hotel 🏨, we shopped at the Nugget grocery store, then visited my sister πŸ‘©πŸ», brother-in-law and the two nephews at her house.    We dropped off all the presents too.
12/22/2025.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and it’s a “GO” for Il Volo in 2026.   I bought 3 tickets 🎫 in row 9, so it’s very close to the stage!   I worked on our Holiday greeting and sent it out.   I watered the phaleonopsis and sent our cat sitter her funds.  My new 150 light, 8 function incandescent Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸΌ tree lights arrived today.   They all seem to work.   I’ll put them on the tree when I return home.  I also sent out several gifts 🎁.  We watched the 49ers game🏈 and they won!   The other team, the Indianapolis Colts, fielded a 44 year old QB, Philip Rivers, that has TEN kids, and 1 grandchild!   He has been retired for 5 years and coaches high school football.   The main QB and the backup QB were seriously injured.   This 44 year old is a football legend and everyone came out to hug him!
12/21/2025.  I wrapped all the Christmas presents πŸŽπŸŽ„, including the GREAT white elephant gifts 🀣.   I washed all the clothes.
12/20/2025.   I researched a check that didn’t arrive at one of my vendors.   I stopped payment and sent the money πŸ’° using another method.   This is the very first time this has ever happened. 
12/19/2025.   The husband played bridge ♠️♦️♣️♥️ with his friends.   I walked him over and afterwards had a nice walk around the ‘hood.   We received a huge box of all kinds of honey 🍯 from the person who has hives out on our ranch.   I called the person who rents the land to thank him! I also called the beekeeper to thank him!   I talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» today about some changes to the payment schedule on the leased land.  Her cat is doing well, but resists taking her pills πŸ’Š 😼😼😼!


The husband’s napkin collection from his bridge games!

Flower on my walk


So much honey πŸ―πŸ˜‹!


12/18/2025.  I washed and dried the bedspread again.   The smell is mostly out.   The husband took. Me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.
Lots of Christmas presents πŸŽπŸŽ„!


Gifts from Randy’s bridge friends

Beautiful cross from Sedona sent by my cousin


Huckleberry chocolate from Christy





12/17/2025.   I washed the sheets and bedspread over which I spilled the Tea Tree oil.    It has a VERY distinctive smell πŸ‘ƒ.    The smell easily came out of the sheet,  not the bedspread.  I’m soaking the bedspread in vinegar overnight.  I also aired out the bathroom and bedroom.  I ordered another multifunction Christmas light strand as an extra, just in case!   The husband played bridge ♦️♣️♥️♠️.  I talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  She said that I should not get so upset over things because it’s not good for me and she’s right!  Her cat is continuing to eat and is now acting normally!
I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   It was fun 🀩!   I drove a fellow dancer home.   I also updated some Publicity items for the dance club.
12/16/2025.  I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.   We got everything ready for our cleaners and I had a nice shower 🧼🚿.   Meanwhile, I spilled Tea Tree oil over my sheet and bedspread πŸ€ͺ.    This has a very distinctive smell and in small quantities, I like the smell, but this was a lot!   
Quite a few bulbs were out on one of my 150 light strings.   After trying to repair it on the tree πŸŽ„, I finally removed it.   The entire string now doesn’t work at all πŸ€ͺ😲🀬!  I researched multifunction light strings and finally found some and ordered them.  My sister’s cat 🐈 is now eating πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!
12/15/2025.  I had my appointment with one of my doctors πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️.   She said that all my test results looked excellent πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ‘.   One of my landscape light controllers was off-line,   I spent a number of hours trying to get it back and I finally succeeded.   I concluded that it may have been operator error πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ!
Two kitties relaxing!

12/14/2025.   I watered the indoor plants and rested.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  Her cat is still not eating much.  My husband has moved the free treadmill in the house and rearranged a lot of furniture.  I showed my sister and she approves, not the reaction I wanted 🀣πŸ€ͺ!
12/13/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my hair dresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️ for our big hair adventure, RED streaks.   The whole process including a haircut took 4 hours 😲.   I shopped at TJ’s to buy another amaryllis bulb.
12/12/2025.   I did my return today at Whole Foods and shopped at TJ’s.   Our neighbors brought over this GORGEOUS holiday bouquet of flowers.    I gave them a waxed amaryllis bulb.


The husband’s latest 1,000 piece puzzle 🧩 



12/11/2025. I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and  attended the funeral of a friend with whom I worked for many years.  Her husband was part of our walking group.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood and  we investigated the found treadmill that is now in front of our house.  My sister’s kitty is still having issues
12/10/2025.  I studied the Plus calls but decided not to attend club.    I felt really cold πŸ₯Ά today and it was the big holiday πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸΌ dinner, which I prefer to skip!  The husband played bridge ♥️♠️♦️♣️.   The husband found a “free” treadmill on the street so we dragged it home.   I looked it up and it’s a very old treadmill.   My sister and brother-in-law picked up their kitty today.   She appears to be eating.
12/09/2025.  My sister and brother-in-law have taken their kitty to the vet.   The vet found high numbers on the kidney and potassium so sent them over to the emergency vet.    Kitty is going to be hospitalized.  However the emergency vet found kitty’s kidney and potassium numbers to be normal!  I went to Stanford to get my blood 🩸 draws and and on the way home I did some banking 🏦
12/08/2025.   I didn’t walk with the hiking group today because they needed to finish early and I don’t walk fast enough.   I paid the property taxes today, and walked over to our friends with the husband.  He played bridge ♠️♥️♣️♦️.   We started watching a new series on Netflix, “Homeland”.  My sister’s cat is not eating and we are all worried.
Mushrooms everywhere 


12/07/2025.   We had an interesting day.   The husband wanted to purchase some “special” chocolate bars as a Christmas present.  We had to find the place that sells them and then went through quite the process to purchase them 🀣.   It was hilarious.   We also shopped and TJ’s and walked around the ‘hood.
12/06/2025.   Today was a long SCVSDA meeting that ran from 10:00 am to 2:15pm.   It’s hard to hold my attention for that long.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».
12/05/2025.   I wrote my reports for the SCVSDA meetings and uploaded them.  The husband and I watched Pluribus.


Delicious chili on a cold day


Husband’s 750 piece puzzle



12/04/2025.   We had our planning meeting with our accountant today.  It took quite a few e-mails to finally figure out one of the strategies he asked us to do.  The husband and I had a walk around the ‘hood.



Linden Avenue Holiday greetings
 



12/03/2025.  I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   It was great fun 🀩 .   Afterwards, I drove a friend home.
12/02/2025.   I watered all the indoor plants, and had a nice shower 🚿🧼.   We got ready for the cleaning folks and the house looks great!    Afterwards, I washed all the mop heads and dust cloths.
12/01/2025.   I had a great hike with my friends at Rancho steps = 11.2K).   The whole gang was there today πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!  There are 8 new baby pigs 🐷 at the farm that are adorable!   I skipped coffee because I had a lot to do.   I was not successful in making an appointment  with our accountant.


Pond is empty

From the website:  a picture of the piglets!


Mushrooms πŸ„‍🟫 



11/30/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk today and we saw our 2 favorite little dogs 🐢, Arlo and Cindy.   We dropped a present 🎁 off at our friend!s house, but they weren’t home.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» also and she caught me up on their Thanksgiving festivities.  I made lots of Amazon purchases too.
11/29/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.  I shopped at TJ’s.
11/28/2025.   It’s Black Friday & I couldn’t find anything to buy 😒!    We drove up to San Carlos to pick up a friend’s mail, but unfortunately the husband brought the wrong πŸ˜‘ key πŸ”‘ for the box.   We also visited our friend who just had her 2nd hip replacement.   She is doing well.   She has 2 VERY friendly cats and we enjoyed petting them.  We helped a neighbor who had to reroute his gutter drain and my wonderful new ladder πŸͺœ was just perfect for the job!   His darling daughter πŸ‘§πŸ» gave us a lovely key holder that she crocheted 🧢 .  I gave the pecan pie from Thanksgiving to another neighbor, thankfully.   I find pecan pie irresistible.   Our friends came over with a wonderful poinsettia!
11/27/2025.  Happy Thanksgiving πŸπŸ‚!   I watered all the indoor plants.   I composed and sent out our Thanksgiving greetings and some texts also. I had a nice shower🚿🧼 and we had Thanksgiving with friends.   It was just lovely 😊!   They had a fabulous meal, and their house was beautifully decorated!
11/26/2025.  I finished my “end of the year project and uploaded it.   I’m very happy to have that completed.
11/25/2025.  The husband and I shopped at Costco.  I continued work on my “end-of-the year” project.
11/24/2025.  I had a lovely walk at Rancho with my friends and we had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s afterwards.


Pond is still very dry

Mushrooms


Mushroom on tree



11/23/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood and I worked on my “end-of-the-year” project.
11/22/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.  I shopped at TJ’s and continued work on my “end -of-the year” project.
11/21/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and she gave me the numbers I needed for the end-of the-year project.   I finished that project today.  I also backed up my computer πŸ’».
11/20/2025.  I made calls to Terminix about the report for my house.    I established a project at Yelp to get bids for treating the subterranean termites found by Terminix.  They did send me the report, however, it was password protected.    It took me quite a while to figure that out.   I used another tool to separate that report into pages so I could send that off to other bidders.   I worked on the end-of-the year project also.  The husband played bridge ♥️♣️♦️♣️!
11/19/2025.  I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   I also drove a friend home.   I had a not so great time dancing because I sat out for the first 2 tips πŸ˜₯.
11/18/2025.  The husband and I shopped at Costco.  I watered all the indoor plants and had a nice shower 🧼🚿.   We got the house ready for the cleaners, they came, and the house looks great!   I washed all the mop heads and other cleaning supplies.
11/17/2025.  I finished gathering all the financials for the end of the year projectπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³!  I should have it completed it a few days.  I made reservations for Christmas πŸŽ…πŸΌ πŸŽ„!  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and the husband played bridge ♦️♣️♥️♠️.  He said he had a lot of fun and he and his partner won πŸ₯‡ .  The husband showed me some stains on his carpet.   I tried all sorts of things including steaming and I was unable to remove the stains.
11/16/2025.  Happy heavenly πŸ˜‡ birthday to my Father.   I made a nice picture collage for him and posted it on FB.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.


Frank in his Thanksgiving outfit


Creek is completely dry!



11/15/2025.  I watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.   It rained for most of the day, very much needed.   I also worked on the big end of the year project.   I talked to a friend that had her 2nd hip replacement and she is finally turning the corner on her pain πŸ‘.


Fall lights


Christmas lights



The husband’s latest 1,000 piece puzzle
Vincent Van Gogh
Vase with 12 sunflowers


11/14/2025.  The husband took me for a lovely walk around the ‘hood and I continued working on my end of the year project.   I also helped a friend with her “Part D” choices for 2026.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  The husband played bridge ♠️♥️♣️♦️ with friends.
11/13/2025.  The husband took me for a short walk around the ‘hood.   I’m unable to get the alternate indexing software to work on the Outlook files so I’m giving up!  I worked on the end of the year project.
11/12/2025.  Happy birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸŽˆ to our nephew!  He’s 40 today and I remember visiting him when he was just 5 days old.  We had a lovely conversation with him about the issues with my laptop πŸ’» and because I have to rebuild it, he recommends that I buy a new one.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and attended club.   It was great fun 🀩!  I also did some work on our big end of the year project.
11/11/2025.  The husband and I had a nice walk around the ‘hood.  I continued work on the end of the year project.  I “chat-ed” with a Microsoft technician πŸ‘©πŸ»‍πŸ”§ on-line about the search problem.   The only way to fix it is to install Windows 11 again.   This will require rebuilding all the non-Microsoft software, at least a twelve hour job.   I plan to defer this until after the New Year.


11/10/2025.   Unfortunately, I discovered that my “in-place” upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 made the search πŸ” function inoperable.   I spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying some fixes, to no avail 🀬!   According to the many forums, this problem is well known to Microsoft!
11/09/2025.  The husband and I drove over to the Tesla engineering headquarters to see their “cyber” bear.    It was very interesting 🀨.   Because we were parked in their lot, the security guard asked us to leave.   However, we had a lovely conversation with him about the cyber bear, it’s installation, and how many visitors they were getting.








11/08/2025.   Happy birthday in heaven πŸ˜‡ to our mother.  I made a lovely picture collage for her and pasted it on FB.many of our friend and relatives enjoyed seeing the pictures.
11/07/2025.  We had a meeting with our possible executor/agent and we liked her very much πŸ‘!   I also talked to my nephew about using her and he thought that it was the right move.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» who is very busy planning my BIG birthday party next April.


11/06/2025.  I got my COVID vaccine πŸ’‰ at CVS pharmacy.   I had no problems or after affects at all 🎊 πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ!   Then SCVSDA board conducted a financial review of 2024 and it all went very well!   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.
550 piece puzzle 🧩 done by the husband 
11/05/2025.  I called my cousin to wish her Happy Birthday πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ‚ on her 80th birthday.   We had a lovely conversation.  I had a nice shower πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰, studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   I was rusty, having danced only once last week.   I also drove a friend home.
11/04/2025.  I had a long conversation with a friend and the husband and we replaced the last CO detector.   This one was on a short ceiling.   I miscounted and was one short.   However, one “old” detector was only one year old so we swapped the old one for this one.  I talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» also.
11/03/2025.  I walked at Rancho with two friends, including one from Australia πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί!  We had great fun catching up.   We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s (steps = 16.5K).   Our wonderful handyman Sean came and he installed 8 CO and smoke detectors, replacing the existing expired ones.   It is very important to replace them or they will chirp, mostly at 3 am 😳😬!  Two of them are on very high ceilings for which I purchased a special ladder πŸͺœ and it worked just fine!  He also replaced our thermostat controller and our 2 HVAC filters.


Pond is still dry

Coyote looking for breakfast 


Sleepy pigs at the farm




11/02/2025.  I washed clothes and the husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (3 dog walk).   I also cleaned some jewelry chains, and talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».   She is planning a nice birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³ party for me.   There’ll be about 21 people.  I also reconfigured the lighting in our guest bedroom so that multiple lights come on when the wall switch is flipped.
11/01/2025.  We had our two fountains ⛲️ scrubbed and they look great!   I attended the SCVSDA meeting, had a nice shower 🧼🚿, and saw my hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».
10/31/2025.  Happy Halloween πŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸŽƒ!   During the day, downtown is full of trick-or-treaters.   The merchants hand out candy.  We bought 3 pounds of candy and only 7 trick-or-treaters showed up.   Two blocks over  there is a MASSIVE street party and that’s where the trick-or-treaters were!   Next year, that’s where we will be too.   The husband and I also got our vaccinations πŸ’‰.  He got two, I got one. 
10/30/2025.  I found out that our friend Sue Kravitz passed away today.   She had been very sick for a long time.   We are very sad 😒.   The husband and I worked on reconciling some statements.
The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood.


Halloween decor everywhere

Agave plant in bloom 


Frank dressed as Wonder Woman for Halloween 





10/29/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ’hood (one dog walk).   Petting dogs is a great way to meet neighbors!  I washed two loads of bedding for the sofa πŸ›‹️ bed.
10/28/2025. I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis. I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and got ready for the cleaners. The house looks great πŸ‘! I square danced with “The Castaways” in Sunnyvale and it was very nice!
10/27/2025. I hiked with friends at Rancho (steps = 13.3K). We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s. Then I visited my friend to drop off the final pineapple guavas and she gave me some wonderful πŸ˜‹ coconut cookies πŸͺ. I did the return at Whole Foods also.



 
Common snowberry


Sow resting


Mushroom, probably Laetiporus sulphureus
10/26/2025.  I filled up the fountains ⛲️ and picked the remaining pineapple guavas.   I was very tired today and skipped Quads.
10/25/2025.  My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and brother-in-law left today.  The husband and I shopped at Costco.   He got gas ⛽️ and then we shopped inside.   It was more crowded than I’ve seen any Costco 😳😬!   I also fixed my Brother printer “absorber pad full” error.    The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (one dog walk).
10/24/2025.  My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and I shopped at TJ’s.   Then I took her for a long ride through the hills and through town.
10/23/2025.  I finally unpacked and the husband and I made up the new sleeper sofa πŸ›‹️ in the guest bedroom.   Our gardeners came and quickly repaired a hose that had been chewed on by the squirrels 😠!My sister πŸ‘©πŸ»and brother-in-law came and we had a nice visit.   While my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» napped, I filled up with gas ⛽️ at Costco and did some banking 🏦.   We had a delicious πŸ˜‹ dinner at Chef Chu’s (my favorite 🀩).  My sister and I watched a few TV πŸ“Ί shows together.   The husband also took me for a nice walk (2 dog πŸ• walk).
10/22/2025.  The washer repair πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ”§ person repaired our washer and helped us to install the new “shock absorber” pads under each of the four feet of the washer.   The washer doesn’t shake 🫨 anymore!  The termite person came and found we have subterranean termites.   The estimate for extermination is VERY high.   I had a nice shower 🚿🧼, studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   I got a bit of gas ⛽️ and drove a friend home.
10/21/2025.  I shopped at Safeway and TJ’s today and watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.  The husband and I worked on definitions for our trust (again).  I called about our washing machine to make sure they had the model and serial number for the repair πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ”§ person tomorrow.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and also had a meeting with a Stanford researcher who is conducting a study πŸ“š on some meds to help with chronic pain.
10/20/2025.  I skipped hiking πŸ₯Ύ today because there was only one other person who needed to finish early.   The husband and I worked on definitions for our trust.
10/19/2025.  I shopped at Walmart and returned an Amazon item at Whole Foods.  We had a nice phone visit with our sister /sister-in-law πŸ‘©πŸΌ.    A friend and I attended class at Quads.
10/18/2025.  I washed clothes & I rested!
10/17/2025.  We packed, had lunch at the Peppermill, shopped, and then flew πŸ›¬ home. 


The Sphere is HUGE!   These pictures were taken from our hotel rooms over 1 mile away! 











10/16/2025.  We attended the “Wizard of Oz” show at the Sphere.   It was an amazing 🀩 experience!
The wicked witches shoes after Dorothy landed on her.   They are magic, so Dorothy wore them!



10/15/2025.  Las Vegas 🎰 here we come 🎊πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!   All six of us arrived around 9 am, dropped off our luggage 🧳 and walked around.    In the afternoon I had a little nap πŸ’€.   We had dinner at “The Harvest” restaurant inside the Bellagio Hotel and it was wonderful!


Beautiful displays at the greenhouse inside the Bellagio



Dancing waters at the Bellagio!


Girl celebrating her QuinceaΓ±era (15th birthday)

The glitz and dazzling lights of the Las Vegas strip











Chocolate fountain:  milk, dark, and white chocolate!


Dinner cheese and bread board
















10/14/2025.  I watered all the indoor plants, had a nice shower 🧼🚿.   The cleaning folks came and the house looks great πŸ‘!   I drove to Lowes to pick up the 10 Foot ladder πŸͺœ and it barely fit in my car!  Actually, it hung out the back by about a foot, but I had lots of flags on it.   I packed and stayed up all night to prepare for our trip to Las Vegas tomorrow.
10/13/2025.  I had a wonderful hike with a friend at Rancho (steps = 11.9K).  We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and sent a safety note out to my fellow travelers 🧳.  The husband and I did two statements and attempted to fix my glasses πŸ‘“.    I’m giving up on that!
I watered the phaleonopsis.
Pond is still completely dry but we got rain 🌧️ today!


10/12/2025.  My back really HURT πŸ˜” today.   I washed a load of clothes.
10/11/2025.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.   I shopped at both TJ’s and Safeway.   I helped the husband pick up LOTS of pineapple guavas.
10/10/2025.  The husband helped me work on my desk clean up and then took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.    We helped our friend and neighbor reunite a dog he found with its owner.   Tellie, the dog, was very sweet and beautiful!


Tellie escaped to her neighbor’s yard!   She is very sweet!

Cat in a tree calmly watching the traffic pass by!










Looks like our Cassie!


10/09/2025.  I watered all the indoor plants and helped collect more pineapple guavas.   My new “toy” arrived, a 200 LED color changing string of lights, with a remote control.   It’s very cool.   I removed the old Christmas light strings (both of which had stopped working due to burnt out bulbs) and installed this string.   They are on a little manzanita bush and turn on and off automatically daily.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» and showed her the new gadget too!   The longevity of this gadget remains to be seen!
10/08/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, studied the Plus calls, and attended Club.   We had 8 squares
tonight.   I brought in a LOT of pineapple guavas and gave them all away πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ!    Afterwards, I drove a friend home.
Pineapple guavas


10/07/2025.  It’s Amazon Prime Day Sale # 2.   I shopped and purchased quite a few things!  The husband and I picked a LOT of pineapple guavas.    They are really raining down now!
10/06/2025.  I walked at Rancho San Antonio with my friend.   There were only two of us today (steps =     12.4K).   We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s.  It’s Amazon Prime Day Sale # 1 and I ordered some things.   Unfortunately, the things I wanted were not on sale.
Pond is very dry


10/05/2025.  I  attended Jubilee in the afternoon to dance a little and to help with the clean-up.  I had a great time!  The husband took me for a walk in the ‘hood.   By this time, my back was hurting, but I persevered πŸ’ͺ🏼!


Three of our callers and they were great!


Harvest moon



10/04/2025.  I  rested today.

Flowers we gave to my sister.


10/03/2025.  I  talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» to make sure she’s resting 😴.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and got ready for Jubilee.   I drove a friend there too.   Although it was Friday evening, traffic was not very bad, thankfully!  I had a great time there and it was interesting πŸ€” to see all that goes in to create and set-up this event.   My friend baked hundreds of cookies πŸͺ , five different varieties, to feed the 200 attendees, callers, and cuers.   She is a gourmet cook and the cookies were delicious πŸ˜‹!
My badge!


10/02/2025.  I  spoke with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» this am as she was waiting for her husband to bring her home 🎊πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!   She’s very happy to be going home and the doctor’s πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍⚕️ have figured out what created her issues.  I shopped at Safeway and Wal-Mart and the husband played bridge ♠️♥️♣️♦️with his friends.   He took me for a walk around the ‘hood to look at the Halloween πŸŽƒ πŸ‘»πŸ’€ decor.   I talked to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» again in the evening to make sure she’s not overdoing things on her first day back!  I ordered her flowers πŸ’ to be delivered on Saturday.
Pirate 🏴‍☠️ ghost ship complete with “water”


10/01/2025.   Welcome to October πŸ‚πŸ!  My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» is still in the hospital and the doctor’s have not yet discovered the cause of her issues.    Naturally, we are concerned.  I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   It was fun 🀩.


No comments:

Post a Comment