Sunday, July 6, 2025

07-01-2025-09-30-2025

  NOTE  TO READERS:  SCROLL DOWN, ENTRIES ARE NEWEST TO OLDEST!
 

09/30/2025.  I have been in touch with Jo and her family all day.  She went into surgery, however, the doctor πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️ didn’t brief my brother-in-law afterwards.   We are at a loss to know what they really found.  The “hospital doctor” will let him know tomorrow.    She is comfortable.  I watered all the indoor plants and had a nice shower 🚿🧼.   We got ready for the house cleaners and the house looks great.   I washed the mops heads and rags.
09/29/2025.  I walked with my friends at Rancho and walked a shorter distance than usual because my back hurt (steps =11.3K).   We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s.  My extension pole for dusting our high ceilings arrived today.   It’s very sturdy, but heavy.   I’m probably going to keep it.  
My sister πŸ‘©πŸ»  is in the emergency room.  They waited there from 4:30 pm  until  about 10 pm when they finally started to take tests.  At 2:00 am they admitted her and will run further tests tomorrow.
Sow at Rancho’s farm.   A little girl was delightfully watching her!

09/28/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, and attended Quads with a friend that I drove.
09/27/2025.  I shopped at TJ’s.  We continue to pick pineapple guavas daily!
Just a small fraction of what we have picked


09/26/2025.  The husband took me for a short and nice walk around the ‘hood.


09/25/2025.  I had physical therapy today.
09/24/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿.  I studied the Plus calls and attended club.  I danced pretty well!
09/23/2025.   The husband and I met a window πŸͺŸ replacement contractor at his condo and he will be submitting a bid.   Also, the husband was talking to his neighbor and got the name of someone who actually lives in the complex who has done a number of window replacements.   He talked to these folks and will also get a bid from them.   I continued to research 🧐 platform ladders πŸͺœ with a reach of 14 feet.
09/22/2025.  I had my Zoom meeting with my endocrinologist and a Fellow who is studying at Stanford.  My bone numbers are stable, which is great news πŸ—ž️πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰!   I continued to research 🧐 platform ladders with a reach of 14 feet.    They are quite expensive.
09/21/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   I attended Quads with one of my friends.   It is very hard!   I’m going to be taking their class.
09/20/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.   I also shopped at Safeway.  One of our smoke alarms 🚨 started beeping and fortunately it was an easy to reach carbon monoxide / smoke detector.   A change of batteries πŸͺ« fixed the problem.   I also refilled the fountains ⛲️.  I ordered a 10 foot ladder πŸͺœ with a 14 foot reach for the smoke detector job.
09/19/2025.  I measured the distance to the smoke detectors, 13 feet and 11 feet up and contacted a handyman to do the install.  I researched the safest ladders πŸͺœ to use at these heights.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood and we petted 4 dogs 🐢!
09/18/2025.  I had my DEXA exam at Stanford and also had my blood 🩸 drawn for the SMM study at the Mayo Clinic.   The vials πŸ§ͺ from the previous draw had expired so they sent me new ones.   I came home traumatized and ate way too much food to comfort myself.  It didn’t work.


Stanford fountains 


DEXA machine



09/17/2025.  I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   I had fun 🀩!
09/16/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, watered the indoor plants and got ready for the cleaners.   They came and the house looks great!   I washed the cleaning rags and mop heads.  I also FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  It was very hot πŸ₯΅ today and we are grateful for our air conditioner!
09/15/2025.  I hiked with my friend at Rancho and we had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s.   I shopped at TJ’s.  I also talked with a friend of mine who moved to Utah.   She loves it there!
09/14/2025.  I washed clothes and had a nice shower 🧼🚿.
09/13/2025.  I rested after all the excitement for the husband’s birthday!
09/12/2025. Happy birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽπŸ₯³πŸŽ‚ to my husband πŸ’•!   He loved the balloon bouquet and the card.   He received lots of FT calls, texts, and cards.   We went out to La Boulanger, walked around downtown, and then had a walk around the ‘hood.   He said it was a nice birthday.
I also called Terminix again today.


Balloons

Veggie lentil soup


Rhododendron 


Blooming begonia

Chicken sandwich 




09/11/2025.  It is the 24th anniversary of 9-11, a day which all Americans will remember forever πŸ˜’πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’”.   I shopped at the Dollar Tree for the husband’s balloon bouquet.   Then I attended physical therapy and drove to Costco Sunnyvale to buy gas ⛽️.
09/10/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, then saw my doctor πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️ for my annual physical.   All is well except my weight!  I studied the Plus calls, and attended club.   It was fun 🀩.   I drove a friend home afterwards.
30 foot tall bloom from century plant next door 


09/09/2025.  My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» is still not feeling well πŸ€’ and went to urgent care.   They found her problem and she’s now being treated.  Our neighbor came over with a bottle of some wine 🍷.    He said that he caused the smoke that we smelled.    We were happy to discover the source.
09/08/2025.  I had a nice hike with my friend at Rancho.   I really struggled with a severe back ache and will need to get more exercise.  We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s afterwards.  My sister πŸ‘©πŸ» is not feeling  
well πŸ€’.   She took a COVID test and that’s not it.

Beautiful blue colors on blue jay!

All dry!

09/07/2025.  I had a nice shower 🚿🧼.   Unfortunately, I cut myself and was bleeding  a lot so I skipped square dancing at Quads.   It took a long time for the bleeding to stop.   I watered the phaleonopsis.
09/06/2025.   Happy Anniversary to my sister and brother-in-law πŸ‘°πŸ»πŸ€΅πŸΌ‍♂️πŸ’•πŸ’’!    I. Add them a nice anniversary card and posted it.   The husband and I shopped at TJ’s today.
09/05/2025.  The husband played bridge ♠️♥️♣️♦️with his friends today.
09/04/2025.  The husband and I shopped at Costco, a big shopping πŸ›’ adventure.  
09/03/2025.   Happy birthday to my sister πŸ‘©πŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽπŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸ€—!  I studied the Plus calls and attended club.   It was great fun 🀩!
09/02/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, and watered both the indoor and outdoor plants.   Our wonderful cleaners 🧹🧺 came today and the house looks great.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood,  five dog 🐢 walk!  The heat πŸ₯΅ has finally stopped!   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ»!
Vibrant hollyhocks

09/01/2025.  Happy September πŸ‚πŸ!    I rested today.
08/31/2025.   It was very hot πŸ₯΅ again today.   I danced with Quads.   It was hard but fun 🀩!   I picked up and drove my friend home.
08/30/2025.  I found my lost coffee ☕️ mug πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!  It was buried in the bed πŸ₯΄πŸ˜΅‍πŸ’«.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.   I shopped at TJ’s.  It was VERY HOT πŸ₯΅ today!
08/29/2025.  Today was my rest day and that’s what I did!😌
08/28/2025.   I had a lovely lunch πŸ₯— with friends at the Shoreline Lake American Bistro.   This was to celebrate a birthday πŸŽ‚ .    The food was delicious πŸ˜‹ and I very much enjoyed the company.   I also had PT today, and the husband took me for a walk  around the ‘hood (2 dog walk).
08/27/2025.  Our wonderful neighbors hosted a block party πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽŠ today.  It was fabulous and very well attended!  The husband set up a table for them.   I attended square dance club, and did not dance well.   That is because my back REALLY hurt 😞, probably from standing up at the party for over 2 hours.   I drove a friend home afterwards.


One of two local chickens 


Rescued Sonora desert tortoise 🐒 



08/26/2025.   Bay Valley Electric arrived at 7:00 πŸ•– am to repair πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ”§ our lights and floor receptacles outages.    The repair person, Sebastian, was methodical in finding and repairing the problems.   We also had him replace several other wall switches that were not working properly.
I went to Stanford to get my blood 🩸 draws and also the blood 🩸 draws for the Mayo Clinic study πŸ“š.   I found out that the vials πŸ§ͺ I received from the Mayo Clinic had expired (I didn’t know that that was a thing πŸ€”πŸ˜²!).    Afterwards, I looked up the person involved in the study and offered to get the blood 🩸 draws done again.




Fountains ⛲️ are running again, very nice!



08/25/2025.   I had a wonderful hike with our Monday group (steps = 12.5K).   It was hard because the husband and I didn’t hike all week due to the heat and I didn’t hike for several days leading up to my procedure.  I shopped at TJ’s.
In the afternoon we discovered that the lights and floor receptacles were out in several areas.   I have Bay Valley Electric coming over at 7:00 am πŸ•– tomorrow to repair πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ”§ it.
Pond is completely dry.


08/24/2025.   We had a great call with my sister-in-law πŸ‘©πŸΌ to catch up.   I had a nice shower 🚿 🧼, picked up a friend and we attended Quads.   It was very hard because the caller had us do circulates from all kinds of interesting positions.   It was fun  πŸ€© !  I sent our questions to the trust attorney πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚖️.
08/23/2025.  I attended the SCVSDA meeting.   It lasted for 6 hours 😡‍πŸ’«πŸ€ͺ!  I was absolutely exhausted by the end.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».   She could tell that I was exhausted 😩!
 08/22/2025.   I wrote and submitted my report for our SCVSDA meeting tomorrow.  I also updated and printed out my vitamin log.
Cauliflower rice made by the husband


08/21/2025.  I did an Amazon return at Whole Foods, and some banking.   I had PT in the afternoon.   It was VERY HOT πŸ₯΅ today.
Cauliflower rice and tofu made by the husband πŸ˜‹!



08/20/2025.   Happy birthday to my eldest nephew πŸ₯³πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽŠπŸ€—!     We called and sang happy birthday to him.  
I shopped at TJ’s, studied the Plus calls and attended club.   We had a FREE fun 🀩 night and it was very well attended, 13 squares.   I gave a friend a ride home afterwards.
08/19/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.   We got ready for the cleaners, they came, and the house looks great πŸ‘.   Also we got our water filters changed (very expensive $367 cash, more if I paid with check!).   I’m nay getting them changed every 2 years because they were not very dirty.   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» , and washed the cloths and mop heads used by the cleaners.    I’m still recovering from the colonoscopy.   I got the results from the doctor πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️ today and she said everything looks excellent and that unless there are issues, I do not need to have another colonoscopy πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽŠ!
08/18/2025.   Today was colonoscopy and endoscopy day.   All went well.  I got only 1 hour sleep the night before, so I rested when I got home.   I’m VERY happy that it’s over.   No polps were found, but they did discover a hiatal hernia.    That is what is causing my sensitive stomach.
“Bookend” kitties napping 


08/17/2025.    I shopped at Wal-mart to get juices for my special diet.  The husband took me for a lovely walk around the ‘hood.   We continued to pour over our trust and have assembled a number of questions for our attorney.  I started on the medications needed for the colonoscopy.
08/16/2025.  We discussed trust items that we were unclear about and have compiled a list.  
Pebbles being held.   She tolerates this only for a few minutes!


08/15/2025.  We met with our trust planner today and really like her.   I’m still on my special procedure diet and not liking it at all!  I picked up my procedure prescription and FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  I watered all the indoor plants and was happy that my heating pad arrived today.   I use it all year long when I’m watching TV.
08/14/2025.   I attended PT today.   My back is feeling betterπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.   It was a three dog walk.  We met this great dog 🐢 who jumped up and put his front paws on my shoulders.  So sweet πŸ₯Ή!  He didn’t want to leave!   His pet parents were getting quite a laugh over the whole thing!  I straightened out a lot of entries on my financial log  πŸ¦.
Huge bloom from century plant, 25 feet high!


08/13/2025.   Happy birthday to my niece πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ.  The husband and I called her to sing 🎢 “Happy  Birthday.  We also drove to Sunnyvale to pick up some square dance fliers.      I filled the fountains ⛲️ and watered the front plants.   The weather has been very warm πŸ₯΅.  I’m pretty depressed πŸ˜” about the procedure on Monday and skipped Club.    After I did this, I decided that it was a mistake.
08/12/2025.  I did some banking and worked on the financials.   I also printed out parts of my old trust, read it, and created questions for our trust attorney.  I shopped at TJ’s again.
08/11/2025.   I looked up all the procedures for the correct diet for my procedure and started.   It’s a week from today.  I watered the phalaenopsis, shopped at TJ’s, FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ», and had a 3 dog 🐢 walk with the husband.   I updated to the latest Windows software which created its own set of problems.    I also backed up the computer πŸ’».
08/10/2025.  I washed clothes.   I attended Quads and brought a friend with me. We had fun 🀩 .
08/09/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.
08/08/2025.   We dealt with the husband’s stove issue at his rental and with the help of the repair person πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ”§, we may have figured it out.
Beautiful full moon 🌝 tonight 


08/07/2025.  I did some juggling to support the 529 educational funds that I’m sponsoring.  I attended PT for my back.   It was great to catch up with my physical therapist.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood (one dog walk).
08/06/2025. I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   It was fun 🀩.   I also drove a friend home afterwards.
08/05/2025.   I watered the indoor plants, had a nice shower 🚿🧼, and got ready for the cleaners.  They came and the house looks great.   I washed the mop head and cleaning rags.  I took myself for a nice walk around the ‘hood.

Love these flowers:  naked ladies!




Amarillo Belladonna 



08/04/2025. The gang was together for our usual hiking πŸ₯Ύ adventure today.  I shopped at TJ’s.
08/03/2025.  The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood (3 dog walk).   Our wonderful neighbor delivered a delicious πŸ˜‹ apple crumble cake made from our apples.   I watered the outside plants and the phaleonopsis.


Apple crumble made from our apples


Madrone tree, my favorite 




08/02/2025. The husband and I visited his tenants to look at the exploding burner problem.   We are going to have all the burners replaced.  It doesn’t appear that there’s a problem with the electrical panel.   There was concern that the breaker did not trip.
I watered all the indoor plants.   I posted a flyer for Bows and Beaus and calculated and paid interest to my tenants.   Our friend came over to pick up apples and she brought us wonderful gluten free cookies πŸͺ.


08/01/2025.   Not much to report today.
Comfortable Cassie

07/31/2025.  The wonderful gardeners repaired the landscape light that was out πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³!   The husband and I shopped at Costco.   On the way over we spotted two UFO’s πŸ›Έ .    Nextdoor revealed the source, a weather balloon (seriously 🀣).  They are aerostat balloons from Windborne systems!  windbornesystems.com


My friend came over with two jars of applesauce that she made from our apples 🍏.  We had a nice walk in the ‘hood, petted 3 dogs and talked to a lot of neighbors, very nice!





07/30/2025.   I had my foot appointment at PAMF.   The wonderful podiatrist trimmed and ground my big toenail that was hurting.  I got gas at Sunnyvale Costco (almost completely on empty).  I shopped at the Home Depot and bought 12 12” x 12”pavers to cover the sprinkler system housing.   The squirrels 🐿️ gnaw on the plastic lids and ruin them.   The husband helped me place them in the yard.
I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».   
07/29/2025.   My friend visited and I gave her some of our apples 🍏.   I also picked blackberries and figs for her.   We had a nice visit and she showed me some remodeling projects that she did and was planning.   They are beautiful!  I also gave two bags of apples 🍏 to our neighbor.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood  (2 dog walk).
Also, the entire Pacific coast and Hawaii received a tsunami 🌊 warning due to a 8.7 earthquake off the coast of Russia.    Fortunately, no damage has been reported.
I finally got my phone to recognize and identify plants and animals from pictures. That required a cha fe to come setting.


White breasted nuthatch feeding on bugs 





07/28/2025.   I had a lovely walk at Rancho San Antonio with friends (steps = 12.7K).   There were 4 of us today.    Afterwards, we had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s.
The husband and I picked all apples 🍏 off of one tree.   They were being eaten by the backyard critters.


Pond is completely dry.


Over 100 apples 🍏.   We picked the trees clean.   The husband got tired of having them eaten by the critters



07/27/2025.  I washed clothes, had a nice shower 🧼🚿, and studied the Plus calls.    I attended Quads and it was great fun!
07/26/2025.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» .
07/25/2025.  We visited our friends again to supervise the bed repair from Mancini’s.   They got it all straightened out 🎊πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!   I also tried to connect the TV in their bedroom but was unable to do so.
07/24/2025.   I had a lovely lunch with some girlfriends from square dancing at Satsuma Sushi 🍱.   It was wonderful.  We also had ice cream 🍨 at the Baskin-Robbins next door πŸ˜‹.   Our Netflix lost connection with the TV.   Ultimately, I had to completely remove the previous wireless and add it again.
07/23/2025.  We went to our friends to try to help connect one side of their adjustable bed.   Unfortunately, we were unable to repair it.  I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   I also drove a friend home.


Cotton growing on LB ranch 


Cassie.   She had a hard day 🀣!


07/22/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and got ready for the cleaning folks. I watered the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.  The house looks great.  The husband took me for a walk around the ‘hood and we petted 7 doggies 🐢!
07/21/2025.   The husband and I ran errands:  deposited checks, mailed a birthday card, and dropped off donations at the Ecumenical Hunger Center.
Ravenswood Park, East Palo Alto, beautiful view of the bay


07/20/2025. The husband took me for a long walk around the ‘hood.  I dropped off an orchid and card to a neighbor who recently lost her dear husband.


Frank, in his 4th of July outfit


Vegetables and tofu πŸ˜‹


07/19/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿 and saw my wonderful hairdresser πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️.   Afterwards, I dropped off a return at Whole Foods and shopped there also.
07/18/2025.   GE came today and repaired our non-working icemaker.    It’s working just fine!   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood.    I also made PT appointments through September.  I got some bad news about a friend who fell and has fractured a few ribs and some vertebrae.   We hope he recovers quickly with no complications.





07/17/2025.   I had an appointment with my dentist πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍⚕️and all is well.   I watered all the indoor plants.  I worked with our gardener to start the repair on one of the spotlights in the garden.   The seal failed.  I packed up my brother-in laws shirt that I accidentally brought home after our Santa Cruz trip and mailed it to him.
Cassie hanging out!


07/16/2025.   I had a nice shower 🧼🚿, studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   I also drove a friend home afterwards.
07/15/2025.   I made my 3 phone calls today and watered the phaleonopsis.   The husband played bridge♠️♥️♣️♦️and his team won for the 3rd straight time πŸ†!
07/14/2025.   I hiked πŸ₯Ύ with my friends at Rancho.   Unfortunately, I was not well hydratedπŸ’¦and got sick along the trail.   I recovered and we walked 12.6K steps.  We had coffee ☕️ at Peet’s and I shopped at TJ’s.   I also FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ».  I ate some pecans from TJ’s which resulted in a  MAJORLY upset esophagus πŸ₯΄ so I had a terrible night.
The pond is now dry!


07/13/2025.   I washed clothes and watered the outside plants.
07/12/2025.   The husband took me for a brief walk today around the ‘hood and we petted 4 doggies!


07/11/2025   We wrestled Pebbles into her carrier and took her in for a follow up.  Her ruptured anal gland is completely healed and we had her nails trimmed.   The husband took me for a nice walk around the ‘hood. 


Terrified kitty pictured at the vets!





07/10/2025.  I had my appointment with the thyroid doctor πŸ‘©πŸ»‍⚕️.   She thinks that everything remains stable.  I had my PET (positron emission tomography) scan at Stanford.  I have been dreading it, but it went fine!  ALL the medical personnel at Stanford are so kind and professional!


Stanford large pond

PET machine







07/09/2025.  I studied the Plus calls and attended Club.   I also drove a friend home.
07/08/2025.  I had a nice shower 🧼🚿.  Our wonderful cleaners came today and the house looks great!  I had my ultrasound test for my thyroid at Stanford,   Parking πŸ…Ώ️ was a real challenge!   I FT’d with my sister πŸ‘©πŸ» too!  I washed all the cleaning cloths and mop heads.
07/07/2025.  I had a nice hike with my friends at Rancho (steps = 13K).   I shopped at TJ’s,   The husband just rearranged his office, a HUGE project!   It looks great!    
Guess what?   The problem with Blogger was mysteriously fixed!    I guess Google read my messages and fixed it!
I watered all the indoor plants and the phaleonopsis.
The power was restored at Pelton last evening.   However, PG&E put in a temporary fix and the permanent fix will require more trenching and power outages.


The pond still has some water!

The husband’s latest 1,000 piece puzzle 


Cauliflower “rice”




07/06/2025.   I continued to wrestle with my blog most of today.   I finally discovered that the iPad Chrome  app will allow me to add photos.  The power went out again on my Pelton property.    I don’t know if it has been restored.
07/05/2025.  I started to update this blog and could not get any pictures to upload.   I fought this problem till all hours🀬😀!
07/04/2025.  The husband and I went out to Shoreline and saw some beautiful fireworks πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†!





Tofu & vegetablesπŸ˜‹ 



07/03/2025.  The husband took me for a walk around the hood (steps = 5.7K).   I also petted several doggies 🐢, including my two big boxer friends.  They are very sweet!
07/02/2025.  I filled up the fountains ⛲️, and studied the Plus calls.   I had a nice shower 🚿🧼 and attended club.   It was fun 🀩.   I also drove a friend home afterwards.
07/01/2025.  Happy July πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ!   The husband helped me clean off my desk and we moved a 2nd recliner from one room to another.   Unfortunately our upstairs thermostat is broken due to leaking batteries πŸͺ« so I will need to replace it.   I worked on finances also.

No comments:

Post a Comment